742 B Street
Hayward, CA 94541Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.neumanali.com/
- Phone: (510) 583-9744
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Julie Romic Mckillop
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant available for private parties. Please contact us for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Julie McKillop 5107503921
A word from Neumanali
Welcome to our beautifully restored Victorian with a contemporary twist. Neumanali opened six years ago and quickly became a neighborhood favorite. The menu features both fresh and seasonal entrees in addition to a selection of fun and unusual small plates. Perennial favorites are the pan-seared day boat scallops and "made to order" cioppino. The wine list is a bit eclectic and features smaller, more difficult to find winery selections. Lush garden dining is available in the summer and fall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Neumanali - Best Restaurants in Hayward ›
Neumanali reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (15)romantic (15)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (11)notable wine list (9)great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Usually love NeumanaliMokearneyVIPDined on 2/1/2012Service was impeccable, as usual. Ambience, too. My pork was a bit overcooked. Sides of apple and something else were fine, but dish was presented unappealingly. Everything was brownish. My friend's filet mignon looked perfect, red in center. Braised greens perfectly cooked. Brussels sprouts and day boat scallops were delicious. will be back, as I've usually not been disappointed at Neumanali.Special Features:
- Seemed to be over priced.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2011Seemed to be over priced. Although the food and service was good it wasn't worth the $110 + tipped that was without wine! The wine list was not that inclusive and was pricy so if we added wine the bill would have pushed $175 or more. Not worth it.
- The venue is an old VictorianOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/22/2011The venue is an old Victorian but the restaurant is modern in an inviting and warm manner. The menu is what I describe as California noveau with leaning towards the carnivorous palate as opposed to pasta or seafood. Wines by the glass are well chosen and reasonably priced. My chopped salad greens salad tasted fresh and crisp and was pleasantly dressed. Not usually a meat eater I chose well with the petite filet nestled on a bed of pasta alfredo, which was nicely complimented by a glass of cab.... My spouse was pleased with his citrus salad and small plate of wrapped prawns also nicely complemented by a pinot. Dinner was topped off by affogato and a sundae. We left with full tummies and smiles. Hats off to Neumanali!Special Features:
- It's a darling and tiny restaurantfarpointdiveVIPDined on 10/22/2011It's a darling and tiny restaurant with food that ranks amongst the best in the Bay Area.Special Features:
- The food was good and a beautifulJaneVIPDined on 10/18/2011The food was good and a beautiful setting. Service of main course was slow, slow, slow.Special Features:
- Excellent ChoiceGoodVIPDined on 10/13/2011We had some of the BEST service ever! and the food was delicious and well presented...all in all, I think this is on the top of my list for good food and service.Special Features:
- A surprise in HaywardOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/16/2011This restaurant is a beautiful gem in the most unusual places- Hayward. As soon as you drive up into the parking lot you are transformed from the scrappy suburban desolate strip mall central and into a beautifully kept Victorian home with Marin County charm. The food was good and the ambiance was eye catching. The Filet Mignon was exceptional- flavored well and very tender. It came with pasta however my meat cut was so large I only ate two bites of pasta. I would recommend it and we plan to visit many more times.Special Features:
- I have been here twice andLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/13/2011I have been here twice and the food and service was great.Special Features:
- RUNOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/29/2011NEVER again will I go to this establishment, the Salmon was dry and the mashed potatoes were cold, there was only one server taking care of 6 tables and very noisy, the straw that broke the camels back was when a dog was allowed to come in the restaurant and it was not a service dog. I should have called the health department.
- Three tables were filled onEastBayLarryDined on 7/21/2011Three tables were filled on the patio, but we were the ONLY couple inside. Still, the service was slow and the waiter treated us almost with disdain. Food was average; a disappointment for this place. Not one of their better days.
- We, a party of 6, arrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/13/2011We, a party of 6, arrived on time for our 6:00 PM reservation and despite the early hour and only one other party of 4 in the restaurant, we were told that they had run out of 3 of the entrees. Poor planning on their part or their business is doing poorly. In either case, this does not bode well for future visits on our part.
- Exceptional service and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/1/2011Exceptional service and the food was splendid! The atmosphere really topped it off.Special Features:
- Food was very good,PortionjoecDined on 5/20/2011Food was very good,Portion on Halibut very small.Will go again to be very fair.Special Features:
- I've eaten here several timesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/13/2011I've eaten here several times and the food has been excellent. This time, the portions seemed quite small and my entree (grilled salmon) was served luke warm. It seems they have one server who covers the entire dining area plus the bar.
- Great food.Average ambiance.EastBayLarryDined on 4/26/2011I heard that this was the "best restaurant in Hayward" so I was anxious to give it a try. The food is spectacular, and very nicely presented. But the room is very loud, and there was only one hard-working server. I wanted to savor the excellent food, but was distracted by the noise, and frustrated by watching the server almost kill himself trying to take care of the whole house.Special Features:
- a gem which is a great placeDebraVIPDined on 3/23/2011a gem which is a great place to meet with people traveling between the peninsula and the East Bay or anywhere in the East Bay. Great service and wonderful ambiance. Food is very good and the room with it's great collection of art is really comfortable to dine in. the outside garden is remarkable.Special Features:
- The space is charming--it'sOntheroadVIPDined on 3/17/2011The space is charming--it's a wow, an unexpected pleasure on the edge of town. My hopes soared for a new place to regularly visit. The waiter was caring, but without a tray and with attending to all the tables, he made oh-so-many trips carrying but two items at a time. We went on a weeknight, and even the five tables with customers that night seemed too much. But worse, oh my, what waits between courses. We waited 30 minutes to get our entrees. Though well conceived, the food on vegetables on mine were cold, cooked at a different time than my char.Special Features:
- Not worth your time or money.eugcinellaDined on 2/25/2011Not worth your time or money. Neumenali does not want or appreciate their customers. We had reservations and was seated promptly. It was an anniversary dinner on a Friday night. Only 1 waiter that evening. 3 hours for dinner for 3 courses. No explanation for slow service or any apology. Waiter was rude with attitude. Did they forget about CUSTOMER SERVICE????? Go somewhere else.
- Great Valentine Choice.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2011Good choice for Valentines Day . nice ambiance; Dim lighting, rose petals on the tables amd they poured good quality gratis champagne. The food was excellent, nice portions, and unique Ann very tasty accompiaments. We will definitely go again. Good find in Hayward!Special Features:
- The location and ambianceRWCFoodieDined on 1/26/2011The location and ambiance was great. The service was fabulous....friendly and efficient wait staff. Unfortunately the food was disappointing. I started with a simple caesar salad. The lettuce was wilted and the dressing lacked flavor. My entre was good, but not great. Definitely not worth the price. I'm not sure that I will return.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2011This is an amazing restaurant and rivals some of the best in San Francisco!Special Features:
- The food at Neumanali wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/4/2010The food at Neumanali was superb, seasonally attuned and carefully prepared. It deserves a 25 - 30 rating Zagats. The menu is small but has something to please every palate. I chose the rack of lamb. Lamb is not my favorite restaurant entree because it is often overcooked but this was cooked to perfection. There was only one server (no bus person) and he was attentive but not hovering. My only small criticism of the service is that the wait person removed my dining companion's plate before I had finished my dinner. The restaurant itself is charming. The night we dined there, only four tables were occupied but I don't know why there isn't a line out the door. This restaurant is a rare find in Hayward, where fast food is king.Special Features:
- Very nice ambiance - exposedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2010Very nice ambiance - exposed wooden beams in the ceiling, lead glass, low lighting. Looks like a house from the outside and is in a part of town that looks like it's residential (right after the commercial part of B street). Excellent wine (the riesling was particularly delightful) and tasty, unique salad choices. Even though it says they close at 10, they'd prefer you're out by 9 p.m., so keep that in mind when making reservations.Special Features: