325 North Main Street
Port Chester, NY 10573Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://nessarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9149390119
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Weekend Brunch starting in May from 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining for 6-14 outdoor patio can be made private for groups of 15-30 and buyouts available for groups of 30-70 (date dependant)
- Private Party Contact: Marc Tessitore 914-939-0119
A word from Nessa
Awarded Westchester Magazine's "Top 10 Restaurants" its first year. Nessa continues to please returning loyal guests as well as new-comers. Greenwhich magazine called nessa 'a gem' for its outstanding enoteca meets trattoria cuisine and atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nessa reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (10)romantic (9)special occasion (6)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (3)good for groups (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- nessafanDined on 8/6/2014I love the ambience at Nessa, especially at night. The food is extremely flavorful. I adore the bruschetta. The lobster tagliatelle pasta dish was really good. Our server generously helped me find a red wine that fit my criteria -- even though it took 4 tries! My friend and I attended on a quiet weekday night in the summer and had a wonderful time catching up around yummy food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What? Can't hear you!Happy2returnVIPDined on 8/1/2014I have eaten here previously and really enjoyed it! The food, service and other factors have ALways been GREAT and they were the other night too! HOWEVER, it was so noisy that it was really a deterrent to having a conversation. The music and other noises were just too much! I get to connect with this friend only twice a year, and I feel as though I missed out this time. The lobster tagliatelle were fab!Special Features:
- Nessa is simply the best!christinasicilyDined on 7/31/2014Nessa is outstanding! I find the food superb and the service impeccable!! The food is consistently fantastic, and the wine list is perfect!!! Other restaurants in the area can't compare!!! I have dined there so many times, that it's impossible to have a bad meal!Special Features:
- JosieDined on 7/18/2014I found the food to be very tasty, but left us wanting more. The dishes were rather skimpy, they didn't even put any bread on the table until we asked and even that was just a few pieces. I actually gave my entree to one of the guys because he was still hungry. The desserts didn't accommodate any non dairy needs and they weren't flexible at all. On top of that, the bill came to over $200 for 4 people and we weren't even full.
- Great Find in Port Chester!DiningGirlDined on 7/17/2014Had a very good dining experience at Nessa. I drive by this place all the time and noted it looks small from the facade, yet a friend wanted to try it, so we went. It is surprisingly spacious, and service was friendly. We shared a crispy calamari appetizer that had a spicy kick to it. I enjoyed the braised beef short ribs over sautéed escarole that just melted in my mouth. A friend had the pork chop that was not as tender, yet was flavorful. Another enjoyed the monkfish. At the end, we were treated to a tray of zeppole with dipping sauces as the Zeppoleme store next door had closed and we mentioned we planned to go there for dessert - a nice touch! Only downside-noise level that got a bit loud from the lively bar located behind a curtain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceRK17VIPDined on 7/6/2014We went for Sunday Brunch and the service was very slow despite there being only one other couple in the dining room. It took 20-30 mins for the first course to arrive and the staff also does not check to see if coffee/juice need refilling. The dishes were good and very well prepared.Special Features:
- Great food cooked perfectly.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/25/2014The food is always made well with a good variety of selections. The banana giblets is one of the best desserts in Port Chester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impromptu party of 11EllenDined on 6/17/2014We made a reservation one day ahead of an impromptu party of 11. Nessa was close enough to half way between Staten Island and Mahopac! Chris was wonderful to work with. We started with 3 different kinds of bruschetta and wine in the bocce garden and then moved inside for dinner. We shared plates of wonderful salads and appetizers including fabulous calamari and meatballs served cut in half. Then we had our main courses which included wonderful home made pasta. For dessert, Chris brought in freshly made zeppole with dipping sauces from their bakery next door. They were warm and delicious. He even put a candle in one of them in honor of grandpa's birthday. Nessa is a wonderful restaurant and we'll be back!Special Features:
- Good foodFood4lifeDined on 6/16/2014I went to Nessa with friends and family to celebrate my birthday. There were maybe two other small tables. The place was not busy, but it was "wine night" in which they do not charge a cork fee. The food was very good, although there aren't many options on their small menu. Overall nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food...butunbalancedsheetDined on 6/5/2014The place was fairly empty for a Thursday night. Nice place for a quiet meal. Service was weirdly spotty given how quiet it was. Most importantly - ordered a veggie side...which never came. didn't check the bill carefully when I paid- but fairly certain I was charged for it. Strange that its hard to bring the entire order on a quiet night... by the way....be careful of parking on the street...no meters...so it looks ok..but you actually have to hunt down the new payment box and get a receipt. I ended up with a parking ticket and no spinach. Not feeling like Popeye...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 704 reviews are from the Nessa reviews archive.
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/24/2014Authentic Italian food. Comfortable atmosphere. Friendly wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/23/2014Our third time dining at Nessa. Food is delicious. Last evening, we had a waiter who did not make our time there pleasant. It seemed like he was rushing us! When we first arrived, our husbands were parking cars and we got settled at the table. The waiter came and asked for our drink order. We told him our husbands weren't yet seated and he said, "will they be here soon?" Once they got there, we got our drinks and were talking when the waiter came over and said, "it's starting to fill up and you may want to put your order in". Never heard anyone say that before! Also, he went to remove my cousin's plate before it was finished. And when she stopped him, he looked annoyed. He had a bad attitude. Nessa we like you but won't come back.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesLike2dineDined on 5/16/2014Always a pleasure ... Just a good feeling overall. We love the ambiance .. Interesting interior, always friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whats the hurry?MFBS84Dined on 5/16/2014Food has always been absolutely wonderful here. Nessa takes Italian classics and elevates the flavors of each and every mouthful into a little bit of heaven. The brushetta are all wonderful, we always order at least 5 each. They used to have a steak panino on the menu that we loved, but they no longer offer it. In general I always find the appetizers to be the highlight of the evening. Their desserts are also wonderful. We always get the banana giamborta .. its amazing. Service is almost always good, but this time we felt a little hurried. We hadn't even finished our appetizers before the entrees arrived. Although its nice not to wait, I ate so much in a short period of time that it took away from the evening.Special Features:
- always a winner!neenersVIPDined on 5/11/2014met family for a last minute mother's day dinner at Nessa, one of our favorite spots. everything was spot on - as always, which is an amazing feat on the busiest restaurant day of the year. and no set menu - which i hate - everyone got to order off the regular menu which included new items to boot! even though one entree was missed, we loved our server, she was just adorable! she was so apologetic and the pasta dish was out within minutes. she brought us a HUGE dessert sampler of all the desserts on her - who does that anymore? and the entree was taken off the bill which was completely unexpected as well. obviously the service here is truly outstanding, and the food is just fabulous. will be back soon for sure. we love Nessa!Special Features:
- Would definetely returnbluecarDined on 5/11/2014We went to Nessa for Mother's Day and we were all totally happy with our choice. Our waiter was polite, attentive and patient and the food was absolutely delicious from appetizers to main course. We didn't have desert at Nessa, but I'm sure if we had, we wouldn't have been disappointed. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be much betterRye20FoodieVIPDined on 5/10/2014The service is really lacking, though the food is quite good. We waited and waited for attention, courses were uneven and we had to beg to get the check. Even the bartender is overwhelmed. The atmosphere is great and it could be much better given the tasty cuisine.
- Wow...what a disappointment.WestchesterMomDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I reserved a table at Nessa to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I had read all of the positive reviews and was really looking forward to it. Wow, what a huge disappointment! When we arrived (on time) we were seated at the worst table in the house right by the front door. The hostess apologized as she seated us and said "It's the only table I have." The bruschettas took 45 minutes to come out (no explanation) and we waited 1.5 hours for our entrees. When the hostess opened the front doors and windows because "guests in the back are hot", we were blasted with cold air every few seconds. When we asked her to close them she replied "You should have asked to be seated at the bar and wait for a better table." What?!
- Would recommend - needs improvementrickracerVIPDined on 5/3/2014Food was very nice, server was very nice but they messed up our order (delivered it to another table) and we had to wait a very long time to get the order. Seems like they need to fix some workings but food was great...once we got it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itSeniDined on 4/28/2014The good was great and the service was even better! I'll definitely be coming back with more people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greygoose2VIPDined on 4/25/2014Once again Nessa gave us a most enjoyable dining experience. Christopher introduced us to some delicious new cocktail offerings and then to the new items being introduced on the menu. The service is professional, courteous, attentive without hovering or rushing. It is a popular spot and making a reservation is wise. It also has an active bar scene.Special Features:
- Hmmm...I want to like this placePurrminatorVIPDined on 4/24/2014It's small and lovely but the food was only so-so. My shortribs were mushy and the tomato broth was bland, there was a sheen of oil on the food and the cabbage was so wet it slid all over the plate. Husband's dish was better, pasta with bacon and peas. Can't mess that up-the bacon was smoky and cooked well. The house pinot was nice but the pepperonici martini was odd.
- Nessa NightRafa0520Dined on 4/19/2014All in all my date and I really enjoyed our dining experience with Nessa! I would recommend going there for dinner in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were seated immediatelyShellyDined on 4/12/2014We were seated immediately . Restaurant very busy with real mix of people. Nice vibe as cozy local gem. Food was nothing special but also not expensive. Presentation not notable. Service friendly but very rushed, even though no one waiting for tables. Fun ambiance, will try again.Special Features:
- Always a good choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2014Nessa never lets us down - I have been 4 times in the past 4 weeks, and the service is consistent and attentive, the food is always very good (and good value) and the atmosphere is fun and energetic. Kid-friendly early in the evening, which is nice for a family dinner at something other than a pizza joint. The large and small pasta options make it easier to sample the menu over more courses, and I have yet to order something that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed (I've sampled widely from the menu). The staff will help you order more of a family style for the table to share if that's what you like, and there is usually at least one special that makes it on our order. Definitely our favorite neighborhood place!Special Features:
- A little Gem in Port ChesterKDG14Dined on 4/4/2014we ate here recently and had a wonderful meal. Everything was cooked perfectly and delicious. Very attentive staff. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice BrunchsuechickDined on 3/30/2014Met friends for brunch. The menu was small but really varied choices. We each ordered something different and all was delicious. Comfortable and eclectic setting and the service was attentive and not overly so. We were able to chat for awhile without being disturbed. Nice and relaxing meal. Would definitely revisit this place and maybe for dinner this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited menuLindaDined on 3/29/2014The food was great but a limited menu. Salads are overpriced. Service was great. Felt very comfortable there. Felt like a small city restaurant.Special Features:
- Nessa never disappoints!SuzicakesVIPDined on 3/22/2014The food and service is always very good at Nessa. You are greated warmly and treated very nicely throughout your visit. The food is always really good. It's a very cozy restaurant, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Decent Night OutcashmasterDined on 3/20/2014My wife and I have been slowly discovering restaurants near our home. Nessa has been on our list for a while. We took advantage of restaurant week. I expected smaller portions, but, no, the food was substantial. The menu offerings were acceptable, although not super exciting. We had meatballs for an appetizer and a salad. Salad was boring, but meatballs were huge and delicious, served on polenta which complimented well. I had a pork chop scarpariello, and my wife had chicken under a brick. The chop was really delicious, and sizable. The chicken was pedestrian, and not very well seasoned. Lemon helped a bit. The sides were not generously portioned, nor was the bread (two slices). Dessert was excellent. Nessa will see us again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delivered on all levelsRyedinersDined on 3/16/2014We went for my daughters birthday and Nessa did not disappoint. Our server was friendly and attentive, food was delicious and paced perfectly. The Italian meatballs and risotto appetizer was flavorful as was the salmon and the pork chop scarpariello. For dessert there wee great offerings including the Nutella panini and espresso chocolate mousse. Yum! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Loved It!TomTDined on 3/8/2014It was a last minute decision to dine at Nessa last Saturday evening. Let's face it, in the New York metropolitan area, Italian restaurants are a dime a dozen. Few offer anything extraordinary. While Nessa's menu is not necessarily unusual, the food is fit for a king! Try the meatball appetizer accompanied by risotto as it was excellent. On the same evening, two different pasta offerings were superb and cooked al dente. Finally, we really loved the dessert offerings which included chocolate mousse and Italian Cheescake. A return trip is planned!Special Features:
- Nessa-sary Infonickname1VIPDined on 3/8/2014Food, service and ambiance are all very good. Here are a few observations worth noting. Smaller pasta portions are too small as a main course and larger portions are, oddly, at least double the price and too large to eat at one sitting. Delicious and innovative bruschetta are small at three bucks a pop. Good-tasting bread, while included, is not served unless requested. Valet parking is helpful, as neighborhood lacks easy self-parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inconsistent cookingAlvarDined on 3/7/2014ordered short ribs a few months ago and it was cooked perfectly. ordered it again last night and it was dry and overcooked leaving me disappointed :( service is good, ambience and decoration is good. we've been here quite a bit for a few years. it seems inconsistent at times, which makes us not come back for several months at a time to give it another chance. take out doesn't seem to travel well, best to eat there with drinks. kids menu is not an option, no pasta side dishes, another consideration if you have young kids.Special Features:
- Great!MLM12VIPDined on 3/1/2014Overall, great experience. 2 negatives: can get very loud (ask for the back room if that bothers you)...and, bread is not a 'given' I felt like they were doing me a favor when I asked for it.Special Features:
- A very expensive quick snackmaniscapDined on 3/1/2014We visited this Italian on a Saturday night for a date night. From the moment we arrived in this restaurant which was never more than 50% full, we felt rushed. We each ordered a drink and an entrée. Our waiter was appalled that we did not order any "bruschetta," which was four tiny slices of bread with a shot glass filled with a topping. Turns out, if you do not order it, you don't get any bread or anything with your meal. We each received our tiny entrees about 10 minutes after ordering (and 5 minutes after our drinks). We actually had only each taken 1 sip at that point. Our entrees were so small we had to ask the waiter if they were full portions. Our "date" lasted 35 minutes and cost $80. Had to stop for food on the way home.
- Italian with a twistCat71Dined on 2/15/2014We ate here to celebrate Valentine's Day a day late and what a great night ! The bruschetta are just so well done and tasty ! We split appetizers and again delish ! Dinner was wonderful and the nutella dessert was enough to make you cry it was so rich and delicious.Special Features:
- YummyStefDined on 2/14/2014This was our second time and the food was great. We were there on a busy night so it was rather loud but we were still able to hear can other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but I foundOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/7/2014Food was good but I found it expensive for the place. Would I go there again? Yes.Special Features:
- We've been to Nessa a fewdedryeDined on 1/18/2014We've been to Nessa a few times and have always been pleased. Good food, good atmosphere. One of our favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.