618 S. Livingston Ave
Livingston, NJ 07039Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.neros.com/
- Phone: 9739941410
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have rooms available from 9 to 90.
- Private Party Contact: LuAnn Deluca 9739941410
A word from Nero's Grille
Now celebrating its 40th year, Nero"s Grille continues to be one of north-Jersey's most popular dining scenes. We combine the highest quality, freshest ingredients with a comfortable, familiar atmosphere and service that makes you feel like one of the family. Nero's has become the area's place to see and be seen. Three separate dining rooms, and outdoor patio dining as climate permits, provide a warm, unpretentious intimacy in which to enjoy our high-quality, moderately-priced American and Italian fare, while the large bar area buzzes with the energy of friends gathering over a favorite martini or a glass of wine from Nero's award-winning list. Private rooms are also available, and our banquet staff is noted for making special events 'extra special.' After four decades, the entire Nero's family continues to take enormous pride in offering our guests, new and old, a gracious welcome, a terrific meal, and our sincere appreciation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Nero's Grille - Best Restaurants in Livingston ›
Nero's Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (15)special occasion (11)great for lunch (11)good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (11)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Always Great!!MimiVIPDined on 9/14/2014Wonderful service! Wonderful food! Always a pleasure to be at the place where "everybody knows your name"!Special Features:
- Excellent serviceComputerdater1Dined on 9/3/2014Very attentive and friendly staff. Food and drinks were also quite good .Special Features:
- Love dining at Nero's!!MimiVIPDined on 8/27/2014Food is always great, the staff wonderful and attentive. Fun to meet friends here.Special Features:
- Terrific dining experiencedMargeandbrettDined on 7/26/2014Neros is not only a place where you van get an exceptional meal, but service by both wait staff and hostesses is superior! I always feel welcome and have never had less than a terrific meals. The specials are exceptional!Special Features:
- Perfect!LuvLivEatDined on 7/24/2014We had soft shell crabs prepaired crisp Almondine style with shoe string fries, and 20 oz. sirloin steak. Entirely delicious. Laura was our server, she is great. The dining experience was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulMimiVIPDined on 7/18/2014Nero's is a neighborhood staple. We couldn't survive without it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, great food.KennyGDined on 7/14/2014We happened to be in Livingston on a business trip on a stormy night in July. We picked the Nero's based on the reviews on Open table and because it was near where we were working and staying. Everything was fantastic. We had an excellent Chianti to start the night followed by the special appetizers of the night and then some beef dishes. Hanger steak and bone in rib eye. Both dishes we excellent. We were too full to stay for dessert but they looked fantastic. Overall we would rate this very highly and would definitely go there again if we were in the area. Most patrons were repeat local families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Was Good Is Now Great!LuvLivEatDined on 6/28/2014Best Black Rasberry with better than Godiva Chocolate inside Ice Cream, Perfect fresh uce chillled Nantucket Oysters, Tender sweet whole broiled 3 1/2 lb. Maine Lobster, Shoe String Fries, and Crisp sauteed green beans. Lauren and Nick both super great, excellent service / special special. Nero's is a top favorite. Clear commitment to winning customers total dining success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nero's GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014The food was very good and the menu was diverse. Our waiter, Steve, was knowledgeable and paid us just the right amount of attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- way to loud and not cleanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014You cannot have a nice dinner conversation unless you are yelling because it is ridiculously LOUD in that place. The food was blah. No taste to it. The only good thing about the place is the servers were nice. We will not return and will not recommend
- eatoutDined on 6/13/2014chicken special was not as described. It was described as sauteed chicken breast with tomatoes and onions but turned out to be stewed chicken with onions in watery tomato sauce with french fries which became soggy in the sauce - Not good. The other lunch dishes ordered by four others in my party were as described and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!MimiVIPDined on 6/8/2014Always great, welcoming and wonderful! We always enjoy going to Nero's Grille.Special Features:
- Nero GrilleRaymondKDined on 6/6/2014The place was great the food was amazing i would def recommend it to a friendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food...yes! Service... Not so much.winelovingfoodiesDined on 6/4/2014The food was great! We had Crab cocktail and calamari as appetizers. There was a dipping sauce served with the calamari besides the red sauce that I thought was delicious and I wanted to ask the server what it was exactly but she was nowhere to be found. Then we had a whole lobster and the fish tacos for entree. The presentation was lovely and food flavorful and well prepared. Service was slow and the waitress was unapologetic which is unfortunate for such a wonderful restaurant. We would have had more wine but we couldn't get her attention. The worst part was when she came back with our food wrapped to go and placed it on the floor beside our feet. I will go back but be very choosy about whose station I sit in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 119 reviews are from the Nero's Grille reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014We have been going to Nero's since the late 70's. It has always been consistently good. The staff is wonderful and the food is great. Nero's really is a neighborhood gem!! Virginia Leone FischetteSpecial Features:
- Timeless TreasureDKShortHillsVIPDined on 5/24/2014This neighborhood gem has stood the test of time for many decades. The restaurant has remained a family favorite of ours throughout the generations. A diverse menu, friendly staff and exceptional cuisine make this our families and most everyone's go to spot for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!MimiVIPDined on 5/14/2014My family and I always enjoy going to Nero's. It is in the neighborhood and invariably we run into lots of local people we know.Special Features:
- Solid ItalianChuckkVIPDined on 4/22/2014Solid, dependable meal; good value for the money; will not knock your socks off but you won't be disappointed. In the Livingston area, there are few better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NerosmjltVIPDined on 4/18/2014This restaurant has something for everyone. With great food, families can enjoy dining here early in the evening for the prix fixe or early dinner and the atmosphere gets better as the night goes by. Hopping bar scene from happy hour to late night. Great for private parties and lunch get togethers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old time patronMagaVIPDined on 4/5/2014It is amazing how Nero's continues to be consistingly good. The hostess knows her regulars and really makes us feel at home. In this very competitive market Nero's is on top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nero's GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/20/2014Great Shrimp cocktail and the chicken dish was excellent that i had for my entree. Nice bar to hang & have a drinkSpecial Features:
- Old Standby Is New and still HotFoodlover14Dined on 3/8/2014We'd been coming to Neros for over 25 years as a local favorite in town. With so many new restaurants and exciting menus around, however, we haven't been to Neros in awhile. What a pleasant surprise to find the menu changed and updated with lighter, healthier fare! The choices were not as formal as in the past nor was the crowd. A new young set of patrons filled the dining room, all casually dresssed and animated. Service was excellent and the hostesses were warm and welcoming, a Nero's hallmark. I had the shrimp cocktail-jumbo shrimp priced by the piece. Three pieces were fine given the huge size. The salmon was delicious with brussel sprouts a welcome change. The ahi tuna wrap and and wedge salad were a hit with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neros has been there alongJackieVIPDined on 2/14/2014Neros has been there along time and you always feel very welcome amongst their regular diners Food was excellent waiter was great too !!!Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014The best place for raw bar food. Love there shrimp and raw clams! Always fresh and clean. They have a special occasionally that we had twice with papaddella, shrimp and scallops....amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WonderfulDavidVIPDined on 1/4/2014I've never had a bad meal here. The service is consistently good and the food is great. If you're into the bar scene, then this is the place for you - always busy and active. For parties, you can book one of the private rooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall outstandingDamien123059Dined on 12/21/2013Went to celebrate a birthday with a large party. Service was great, food was outstanding. Would recommend this Nero's Grill to anyone who is looking for a great place to dine.Special Features:
- SuperbFoodsnobDined on 11/21/2013All around great meal. Service was well informed, efficient, and friendly. Food was delicious and beautifully presented. Ordered off their specials list and had the duck which was phenomenal. The bar crowd was lively which was nice to see. The place just needs to be lightened up a bit and maybe some remodeling. Otherwise a great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garlic Chicken dishChicagoVIPDined on 11/19/2013I was surprised to learn from my guest that her garlic chicken dish with crisp onions was dry and tasteless. I had the lobster rosotto and it did need more lobster and I couldn't find the aspargus but it was ok. I usually go there for lunch not dinner so that was my mistake it will only be lunch from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite neighborhoodFoodieDined on 11/12/2013Our favorite neighborhood spot where we always receive attentive and friendly service and a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steakFoodieVIPDined on 11/6/2013The petite fillet was excellent. Very tender, very juicy. The potato wedges were over fried, and the chicken parm was mediocre. Stick with the steak - it was magnificient. The desserts were wonderful.
- A great dinnerFoodsnobDined on 9/20/2013Brought my wife and her parents here for the first time to give it a shot. Have heard great things about this place. Lived up to all the hype! Drinks were great (try the gin Rickey!!!!) appetizers were awesome (try the short rib potato pancakes) dinner was superb (had the salmon) and dessert was delicious as well ( try the $9 I've cream from Ohio). Service was fantastic ( I think Tina was her name). Only reccomendation for improvement would be a facelift for the inside of the place. Other than that, this place is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not up to par. Sent twoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2013Food not up to par. Sent two burgers back. Both too salty to eat
- Always a safe bet for a great mealDavidVIPDined on 9/13/2013Nero's has been a great restaurant for many years. You can always count on great food and wonderful service. Whether it is a special occasion or just an evening meal, this is one place that will consistently provide you with the best in food and service. Good for groups, parties, for lunch or for dinner, Nero's is a perfect choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineFoodsnobDined on 9/2/2013Overall had a great experience. Menu was very diverse. Saw many burgers come out of the kitchen as well as beautifully composed entrees. We decided to try some of the Neros classics. Delicioso! Service was very good and pleasant. Bar was packed! Come early for a quieter dinner. Had the carrot cake for dessert. HUGE! But delicious as well. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nero's for good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2013A dependable friendly place to enjoy a tasty and well-presented meal. Service is friendly and capable but can be a little slow on busy evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatDavidVIPDined on 8/24/2013I've never had a bad meal at Neros. The food is outstanding and the service is exceptional.Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow, has this restaurant changed.FussyVIPDined on 8/23/2013Wow, has this restaurant changed. Wait staff tries, but kitchen is slow and food wasn't very good. Maybe the Chef takes August off for vacation like the French.
- classics with a twistChuckkVIPDined on 8/17/2013Do many of the classics and do them well. It has been a while for clams casimo and it was excellent. Very impressive list of specials; swordfish was excellent. Curious to see soft-shells there this late in the season however. had chicken Nero on the last visit and would ecommend that to anyone. Oysters fresh and well presented. To top it off, they had Graeter's Ice Cream from Cincinnati --- had never had the chance to have it before. Well done, Nero's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable!sashapitsDined on 8/10/2013First visit , based on a recommendation-Our server/waiter , Nick was very professional and friendly. Beefsteak salad was fresh , and a very refreshing and delicious combo. Followed by the double cut pork chop-What a portion , perfectly prepared and with a loaded baked potato I can't wait to return!! A gem of a restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerrepasterDined on 7/27/2013Our dinner was tasty and plentiful (My dining companion says he doesn't like places with fancy preparations but small amounts of food. He was not disappointed to receive a portion he could not finish!) The white tablecloth ambiance makes it a nice setting for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.