Nero’s Chophouse and Sushi Bar
2100 Pacific Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Nero’s Chophouse and Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.caesarsac.com/casinos/caesars-atlantic-city/restaurants-dining/neros-grill-detail.html
- Phone: 609-343-2502x
- Hours of Operation:
Friday and Saturday 5:00p-10:30p
Sunday thru Tuesday 5:00p-9:00p
CLOSED Wed and Thur.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Keith Mitchell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Nero’s Chophouse and Sushi Bar
Nero’s Chophouse and Sushi Bar offers fine dining in a magnificent ocean-side setting. Entrees feature prime grade steaks & fresh seafood that you won't find anywhere else.Continued
*Our Total Reward members enjoy special pricing at most of our restaurants. Not a member yet? Join today! https://www.totalrewards.com/Program
*Our Total Reward members enjoy special pricing at most of our restaurants. Not a member yet? Join today! https://www.totalrewards.com/Program
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Nero’s Chophouse and Sushi Bar - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Nero’s Chophouse and Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
202 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (158)special occasion (123)romantic (84)fit for foodies (73)great for brunch (46)notable wine list (39)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (17)late-night find (14)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Amazing brunch, terrible viewbrettgVIPDined on 8/31/2014You must try this brunch... the food is incredible and SO MUCH BETTER than dinner here. Be prepared to bribe the hostess if you want a window seat or risk being seated in a dark corner.Special Features:
- outstanding eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Outstanding. As a long long time Harrahs client. Great to visit another outstanding venue for dinner. Crystal our hostess and Jeanine our stellar server just perfect. Food quality and presentation were perfect. Largest Prime Rib I have seen in years. They really rocked the dinner and Birthday celebration. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tfmstrDined on 8/25/2014Our server (Ruffino ??) was excellent. Friendly, informative, funny, attentive. Unfortunately, the food was mediocre. My alleged prime steak for $60.00 was so dry and so tough that I could not cut or chew it. Other items were ok; my wife's Chilean sea bass was good. But at those prices, better than average was to be expected. I do have to give credit for not making an issue of my rejecting the steak and it was taken off the bill.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014My friend decided Nero's was her favorite restaurant on the drive home. We can't wait for a return trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite FoodSkyzooDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I had the pleasure of dining at Nero's Chop house and from the greeting we received upon entering the restaurant, to the energetic server, to the food presentation and taste, was quite simply outstanding. We enjoyed every aspect of our dining experience and will look forward to eating at Nero's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nero'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Meal was great, filet was like butter. Our waiter was excellent. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Goodbye Scarduzio's, Hello Nero'snamelessVIPDined on 8/22/2014Our family is sad to see the end of Showboat. We decided to try other places to find a new 'home away from home'. We come down to AC two to four times a month. We tried Old Homestead and were disappointed. They do not use prime beef! Next we tried Nero's. It is excellant! The view is great and the linens are nice. We had a fantastic server (Donna). Being new we asked Donna for guidance. She highly recommended the crab cakes. We all agree they are the best in NJ. Soups are great. The beef is good. Hopefully Nero's will start to use the quality of Scarduzio's. (and copy the creamed spinach & caesar salad too) Desserts are weak-skip them. We will now make Nero's our 'regular' spot. We just hope they order better steaks.Special Features:
- Eddie726Dined on 8/17/2014appetizer-calamari and clams on the half shell was good. Entree-Herb crusted flounder was positively awfull. Dry as a bone, not sure it was even flounder. I've bought Grotons frozen fish that you cook in the microwave that was much better. Very disappointed. The only reason we booked at Nero's was because Arturo's (which is excellent) at Ballys was closed on Sunday. On the plus side the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Best Brunch In Atlantic CityGarySDined on 8/17/2014Our go to place for special occasions, food, service, view, all top of the line.Special Features:
- The best restaurant Atlantic CityVinceDined on 8/16/2014The best restaurant in Atlantic City hands down. There is no better place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner...DonnaVIPDined on 8/16/2014Food was very good...service even better. Nice view of the ocean...Special Features:
- Birthday Celebrationsabella75Dined on 8/15/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday at Nero's. The food and service was excellent and we had a great view overlooking the ocean. We lost some money in the casino but had a great steak dinner at Nero's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant service-horrible parkingnamelessVIPDined on 8/15/2014It was my wife's birthday and she wanted to try something new. Nero's reviews have been good so she decided to try it. We asked for the server that gets all the great ratings (Donna). The hostest Betty couldn't have been nicer about it. Donna was better than the reviews say she is. Even though the place was extremely busy Donna was on top of her game. She made great suggestions and was a lot of fun. We followed all of Donna's suggestions and had a fantastic meal. Crab cakes were the best we have ever experienced. Onion soup was perfect. Shrimp good and dessert.....not their stong point. Parking garage is from Hell. Speed 'bumps" were horrible even as we crawled over them. They cause traffic to back up a lot. Clean bathrooms!
- surprisedIMARVIPDined on 8/15/2014that this restaurant got such a high rating on OpenTable; we went last Friday night, food was definitely mediocre at best, and costly to boot. We were unable to get into MIA, and wanted the next best thing at Caesar's as we were seeing a show, all of our food was really disappointing. We all had fish, but different types, and it was all dry and bland. Steakfries tasted frozen. Burrata/beet salad was also not good. Burrata was really very dry, hard type of mozzarella, Bread basket was the only thing we liked. Didn't dare order dessert we were so disappointed.Special Features:
- I use to be 7 StarnamelessVIPDined on 8/11/2014Awhile back I would play just to get comps to Nero's. Then the place like the rest of Caesars started to slip while Borgata was rising. I still take the family now and then because of the service. Betty and Donna make you feel so good that I wish someone would fix the rest of the place. Neros could be great again if they would bring back things from the past. Great breads, the best antipasto outside of Italy, awesome dinner specials and fantastic desserts. While it is ok the service makes up for most of it. While it will take a lot more to 'fix' the casino it would take very little to put Nero's back on top. Cook it and they will come. I know me and my friends would. In the mean time we will 'check in' now and then.
- Romantic DinnerSandygirlDined on 8/10/2014An outstandingly delicious dinner of Lobster Francaise for me, and a 14 oz Prime NY Strip for my hubby while we looked out the glass wall at the beautiful view of the beach and Atlantic Ocean. A relaxing meal with our wonderful waiter Fernando taking excellent care of us. We had tickets to see Donnie & Marie at the Circus Maximus at Caesar's. This restaurant is very convenient to the show room. It was an absolutely delightful evening!Special Features:
- VERY DISSAPOINTEDballysdbDined on 8/10/2014Most things were ok, except for the chafing dishes. There was cavatappi which was mushy and had very little bland sauce on it. They had thin slices of tough beef with orzo. Fish with orzo and Chicken chunks with the same orzo. The orzo was good but they can't make chicken marsala or beef stroganoff or anything interesting? I got the lamb chops and prime rib. They were over cooked, gray and tasteless. I quietly said something to the hostess and she said told me in 30 years no one has EVER complained about the meat! I told her to look at it. It was GREY! She was so obstinate. All she had to do was apologize and ask the guy to get a rare slice for me. She proceeded to say to my husband "I'm glad YOU liked your meal!" What a nasty woman.
- RockyVIPDined on 8/9/2014This is a very nice restaurant in a hotel that offers fine service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic music & servicenamelessVIPDined on 8/8/2014The music choices & sound system are so great that we kept ordering apps & drinks. The room feels like you are on a great cruise ship with all the water views. The drinks are excellant but VERY pricey. The food is good but some portions are small-sting beans, soups. We have never been to Nero's but because of the reviews we thought it was time to try something new. We will now make this a regular dining spot when we are down the shore. The hostest Betty treated us like royality. Our server seemed to be the Queen of the room Everyone loved her & she had a fantastic personality. Some one told use she has been there since day one. We will always ask for her....but I don't remember her name!! I think it was Debbie or Denise.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/8/2014Disappointing all the way around. Food was bland, seafood was not fresh. Went to Morton's the next night, and it was significantly better - a far better dining experience for basically the same price. Nero's never again.
- music too loud 8/8/14DannyVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great service and food. Music too loud. Could not hear each other talk.took15min to turn it down.Special Features:
- Nero's Caesars ACOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014Food and service was excellent with a view overlooking ocean. However, it was a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The slide of NeroDelicatepastaDined on 8/3/2014The actual steak was very good but the table/room and appetizers were only average. The Foi Gras was slightly over cooked and the topping was granola/candy like and not terrific at all. The Pork Belly app was more towards the bacon chewy side with a pink color and not the high grade Pork Belly that would be commensurate with fine dining. The old Neros room was intimate and charming but now is only used for parties or events. The seating now is the former bar area and lounge which has great views of the beach/water but dated and could use a remodel.Special Features:
- AwesomeMaria213Dined on 8/3/2014Went for our 2nd anniversary & enjoyed everything.Special Features:
- just wonderfulllike2eatDined on 8/3/2014outstanding service, all food was great. All waiters were on top of service constantly working and making a splendid environment.Special Features:
- Amazing nightFinedinnerDined on 8/2/2014Went to dinner with a few friends all I can say was amazing. The calamari was great and the steak was melt in your mouth amazing. I would choose Neros over Mortons any day of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AND THE SURVEY SAID....namelessVIPDined on 8/1/2014....REALLY Caesars????? In what is suppose to be your best restaurant you end the meal by making people take a survey? REALLY?? Low class. Outback Steakhouse and McDonalds at least let you do it from your personal computer at home if you feel like it. And they give you a free Onion etc on your next visit. It severly distracts from the pleasure of the evening. Every month the 6 of us girls get together to catch up. We usually go to Neros 5 or 6 times a year. The server Donna is your best one. She remembers our likes and makes the night a lot of fun....until the SURVEY. We feel it is VERY wrong to have all the servers wasting time on this. This is a management funtion, NOT a servers. The servers are not pushy about it but still..Special Features:
- Great placeannmarieVIPDined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed the view. Especially watching the dancing at the beach bar. Loved the service and the fodd was deliciousSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Nero's is not something to write home about. The food was just okay and our server was not very attentive. The only really good things about Nero's is the amazing view and the fact that if you are a total rewards member you can use comp dollars.Special Features:
- Where is New Jersey fresh?namelessVIPDined on 7/25/2014Fantastic service with our server Donna. We were a large group (8 Guys) and she never missed a beat. She was a lot of fun and took great care of us. One of the reasons we went there was because of all the news articles about Nero's using Jersey fresh produce and yet there was nothing offered. The last few years Nero's would have great specials. They have not had any the last two visits. Disappointing.Special Features:
- Better than expected!jmevball28Dined on 7/21/2014We were surprised we never made it here with all the times we've stayed at Caesar's Palace. It was a little hard to locate the restaurant at first but we're so glad we found it. The happy hour appetizers were delicious. The wine we enjoyed was reasonable and the veal chop and short ribs (with shrimp and scallops!!!) were amazing! We will definitely go back during one of our future visits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Food. Perfect ServicenamelessVIPDined on 7/18/2014Our dinner was amazing. The lobster bisque was like velvet on the tongue with lots of pieces of lobster. Crab cakes were the best we have ever eaten though they were stingey with the string beans. They have an appetizer called the Pig-GET IT !! The cheese is fantastic and the roasted peppers are great. (It would be better if it had some great olives) Our server Donna was outstanding. She knew the menu inside and out and was always one step ahead of us in request. She brought everything before we could ask. It was like she was reading our minds. She had a great personality and gave us some great ideas on things to do and see in Caesars, the Pier and Atlantic City. We are already planning a return visit.Special Features:
- ChickDined on 7/15/2014Never disappointed with Nero's! Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- delicious foodMariaDined on 7/13/2014Starting from the moment I was greeted by the hostess I felt welcomed to the restaurant. This was my 3rd time eating at the restaurant and I have to say that coming from experience in the restaurant business the hostess is what gives a guest the first impression and the last of the place. I leave from there always looking forward to the next visit. I enjoyed my dinner as well as my husband especially my favorite dessert the chocolate soufflé. Can't wait to go back for dinner again............Special Features:
- GREAT EXPERIENCE ALWAYS!FoodForThoughtVIPDined on 7/13/2014We live far from our family in NJ and when we travel to visit, Nero's is the place we choose when we get our large group together to share Sunday Brunch. The service is the greatest (shout out to Rufino who is super friendly, attentive and always there for us!). The brunch buffet is a feast for everyone...the choices are endless, the food quality is first class with made to order waffles, crepes, omelets in addition to sushi, carving stations, a huge selection of other choices including crab legs galore! Desserts? WOW! and the endless champagne, mimosas and bloody Mary's coupled with family and friends = great time!! Did I mention the Ocean View?? What a view!! Highly recommend, guaranteed you will have a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of best brunch's you'll findJanek13VIPDined on 7/13/2014Talk about a quality brunch! Start with Oysters on half shell and top them with some caviar. Go see Matt at the omelet station and find out what his special omelet of the week is (this week was a Mediterranean; lobster with feta chees, tomato, olives, it was great). Wife always starts with a freshly made to order crepe, filled with fresh fruits and drizzled with a berry sauce. Our waiter, Roger, is the friendliest person you'd ever want to meet, along with his assistants who's goal in life is for you to have an enjoyable time! Unlimited mimosas and bloody Mary's to wash down the prime rib, lamb chops, salmon, and assorted other hot and cold dishes. Leave room for the ample dessert and pastry section which is another WOW! Just GO!Special Features:
- Even Better than BeforeYummyDined on 7/12/2014Nero's was merged into the Atlantic Grill and occupies one large space. The menu is a mix from NERO's and Atlantic grill, with the best from both places. The food was fantastic. Stuffed mushrooms are not to be missed as a starter. Shellfish was fresh and cooked perfectly. Meats were also cooked as ordered and were lovely cuts. I've never had a meal come from the kitchen so piping hot (and not just from heat lamps -- this was right out of the pan!) Service was perfect. A mix of casual friendly along with a touch of formality. Simply wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionnamelessVIPDined on 7/12/2014From the moment we entered until we left we were amazed. The host Betty greated us with a big smile and walked with us....not 10 feet in front of us....to our table. She asked if it was satisfactory. We asked for the one right next to it and she said "of course". As soon as we sat down the server Donna appeared and greeted us like we were regulars. She went over all the specials in great detail. Every request was met with a smile and she never rushed us even thought the place was packed. The food was exceptional. The scallops were the best my wife has ever enjoyed. The drinks were great (but pricy). This is a must try place. The only disappointment were the desserts. Betty checked on us twice as we ate. It was perfection!!Special Features:
- Phenomenal !!!!skibikerVIPDined on 7/11/2014Absolutely delicious meal.....the filet mignon just melted in your mouth !!! Great clams casino - beautiful ocean view - will return many times!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/11/2014Good food. Good service. Good view. Nothing to complain about.Special Features: