Nelore Churrascaria Brazilian Steakhouse
4412 Montrose Blvd
Houston, TX 77006Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Nelore Churrascaria Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.neloresteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7133951050x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse, Brazilian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Nelore Churrascaria Brazilian Steakhouse
Nelore Churrascaria offers a unique fine dining experience. We are an authentic Brazilian style steakhouse, named after the Nelore cattle breed, Brazil's most famous breed. At Nelore Churrascaria, we believe the "gaucho" style of service sets us apart from other steakhouses. We welcome you to visit us at Nelore Churrascaria, where our goal is to exceed your expectations every step of the way. Join us tonight for an evening in Brazil!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nelore Churrascaria Brazilian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (5)romantic (5)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- If you want to talk ...Gorn457Dined on 8/17/2014We are so lucky to live in Houston as we have many really good Churrascarias available and Nelore is among the best. The food is on par with the best of the best; their "butter beef" is a standout for my family. Perhaps the best aspect of Nelore is its location. It is in an old House on Montrose near 59. From a venue perspective it has a lot of natural light and has a noise level that can best be described as lively. Stated another way it is quiet enough to converse with others at the opposite end your table, but not so quiet as to be stuffy. When you are done the museums or even Murder by the Book are only a short drive away. The staff is attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rather disappointing, 1 timerDLTBVIPDined on 8/14/2014Food decent, not exceptional. Service very slow. Took 30 minutes to get our bill and receipt after we asked for it. For the price could go to quite a few different Houston Brazilian steakhouses that are superior. And no pineapple is included with dinner. For those of use that know Angus Grill or Pradaria , that is quite disappointing. It is a $9+ dessert to get pineapple.
- The following 32 reviews are from the Nelore Churrascaria Brazilian Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Only one strange blemishfrdbbhDined on 5/11/2014Everything was terrific--food, drink, service, ambiance--everything but one thing: There was nobody there to greet us so we stood by the door for quite a while feeling invisible. And the same thing happened when we left: No manager/host to provide the promised Mother's Day gift or to say, "Please come back." Strange.Special Features:
- FOODdeliciousDined on 4/23/2014great service awesome food very attentive staff great experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not near as good as we hadSingaporeDined on 2/13/2014Not near as good as we had expected. The cost outweighed everything. Had to ask for our plates to be taken away when we ordered dessert. Way, way too expensive for what we got.
- Always Greatjasanchez75Dined on 1/26/2014Me and my children love this place. The service is always good, food is good and its a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence is Standard at Nelore'sMsxineDined on 1/19/2014I always enjoy my dining experience at Nelore's. It is my favorite place to take family and friends a wonderful meal. It is ideal for any occassion. The atmosphere is delightful,the staff very attentive and the food is divine. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was over cooked. AllOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2013Food was over cooked. All meats were the same. When we finished eating, they started to offer new meats, and they looked to be better; however, I couldn't try them because I have finished eating. Have been in many rodizio places and this was the worst one so far. Bad experience.
- Decent, but not worth the price.RyanDined on 12/27/2013If you enjoy good service, then this may not be the place for your. The wait staff sat us down, never explained how this place worked, and the left. My family and I sat there for a good 5-10 minutes before somebody came by to fill our waters, at which point we were able to ask how everything worked with cards and such. The food was decent. However, it there was nothing noteworthy. I think I had set my expectations high for this place because of all the good things my friends told me about it. I was sorely disappointed. I will not be returning to this restaurant in the future.
- if u like meatGaryVIPDined on 12/25/2013Great restaurant if you like meat, lots of meat, all kinds of meat, beef, pork, lamb. The special was the best. The only issue was they did not have our reservation, even though it had been confirmed via open table return confirmation email. No problem with seating on Christmas night.Special Features:
- Good Timesjthomas1985Dined on 12/25/2013Great specials and a good dining experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas cheer...Out4xmasDined on 12/25/2013Decided to go out for dinner with family on Christmas, and picked a great place to go...food was great and atmosphere was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Day lunchMagsDined on 12/25/2013The 5 of us had a great time, lovely food and friendly service. We came Christmas Day 2011, it was ok. This time it had improved so much, it was so much friendlier, food better. Well done for such big improvements. We will certainly be back.Special Features:
- New Favorite Churrascariallabj2Dined on 12/15/2013We have eaten at many of Houston's finer Brazilian steakhouses and find Nelore to be one of the best. It is a great cozy place to have a great dining experience without a lot of pretense. The manager and staff were extremely accommodating (my wifes birthday). We were treated like VIPs, and although I made an unusual request at the end of dinner, the manger made it happen.Special Features:
- It wasn't as good as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/14/2013Been here multie times. This was my least enjoyable visit. Food wasn't as good as always, some meats burned and didn't taste as great as before. Visited 2-4pm, empty practically. The remodel inside is nice for the salad bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodBillDined on 11/11/2013Most all the meats were served at once then not much afterward. The meal taste was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great repeat experiencebulldogDined on 11/3/2013This was my fourth time at Nelore. It has always been a very pleasant experience. The food is excellent. The service is very prompt and timely. The meats arrive at a nice pace, not so often that it piles up on the plate, but not too slow for those who skip some items. There are several Churrascarias in Houston, and Nelore is among the best. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Business Dinner MeetingFrankSDined on 10/30/2013Overall a good experience, but with a few comments and suggestions. First drinks... My customer ordered a Gray Goose martini, very dry with 2 lime twists. The bartender put so much vermouth in it that it got sent back. Second time no better. So my customer sent back and made his own to show the bartender what he meant. Had to do the same thing for the second round too! Waitress should have brought clean plates out after the salad round, before the meat course started, and also explain that we needed to go up again to get our own potatoes and veggies for the main course, as these weren't brought to the table like the big chain Brazilian steak house does. We got half way through the meats before we realized no sides were coming our way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!BobbysafeDined on 9/12/2013I love eating meat, therefore I've eaten in a lot of Brazilian steakhouse Restaurants Nelore Is one of my favorite places. The food, service and ambiance is upscaleSpecial Features:
- Location, Location, LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2013This is a great spot near the Med Center and with a wine bar across the street it was way better than diving all over Westheimer for dinner and then elsewhere for drinks after. The food was about par for the course, nothing really memorable... Similar to Pradaria or Chama Gaucha in the Galleria area. Just another Brazilian Steakhouse but this one wins the with the best location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unlimited supply of meatWhitVIPDined on 7/18/2013An unlimited supply of meat which was well prepared. It's a little too much emphasis on meat for my taste. I prefer a more balanced dining experience.Special Features:
- Bravo....again and again!MCinTheWoodlandsVIPDined on 7/1/2013Over the past several years, after trying many churrascarias, we always go back to Nelore... and we always have a perfect 5-star experience! Their meats are just, hands down, superior over the competition, and they really know how to season all of the selections perfectly. The Garlic Beef - others have tried to imitate this Nelore specialty only to fail - some more miserably than others. The Garlic Beef at Nelore seems to only get better. For the imitators: the key is the fat STAYS ON and it's cooked so that it melts, divinely, when eaten. The service, as usual, was spot on, and the quaint atmosphere, with those gorgeous windows, make for a cozy, romantic dinner. Thanks again, Nelore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Find FoFather's Day Lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/16/2013We traveled to Houston from the DFW area to celebrate Father's Day with family. Could not have made a better choice. The staff were extremely friendly, professional, attentive, and the service was exceptional! The salad bar was fabulous and we were introduced to some new and delicious side salad dishes. Our party of 8 never had to wait for the meats or refills of our drinks. The meat selection was oustanding and oh so delicious - lamb, rib eye, filet mignon, pork, chicken, sausages, and it seemed to go on and on. We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Nelore's. Thanks Nelore for making our Father's Day celebration a great success. My dad loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place for all tastesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013Wow. This restaurant has EVERYTHING! I came here with my family for brunch on Mother's day and we were quite satisfied. The salad bar is enormous, and I was very happy to have my fill of delicious salads and vegetables. But once the meat started coming around, I started to lose interest in my salad (ha ha). In truth, I rarely eat much steak, much less know how to grill... so this was a real treat! My favorite was the garlic beef: tender, garlicky, cooked perfectly. I also tried the chicken sausage (yum), parmesan pork (yum), and some other cuts of beef and lamb. The only disappointment for me was that they don't have chimichurri sauce to go along with it. Some of the meats can be a little dry.Special Features:
- Did not appreciate havingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013Did not appreciate having to pay 18 percent tip, I would have tipped more. Our waiter was not friendly or attentive, although other waiters were nice to us. It was my daughter's 19th birthday and I wanted it to be special.Special Features:
- This was our second timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013This was our second time to Nelore. It was even better then the first! The salad bar has a great variety, all fresh, and all delicious. The meats were excellent, especially their picanha, the house special. The service was top notch on our last visit- we were constantly served, and the manager came by several times as well to check on us. I love the ambiance of the restaurant. I suggest sitting in front, near the windows. I definitely recommend you try Nelore, and I plan to go back asap!Special Features:
- Great! The salad bar wouldgjrosaDined on 3/12/2013Great! The salad bar would be a meal itself, but the meat cuts just make it better. Great for dates or a group of friends.Special Features:
- The Diamond standard!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2013Nelore's is a diamond! Tucked away in the Montrose area of the Museum District, the view is wonderful. The atmosphere is romantic but not overwhelming. The food....fantastic.Special Features:
- Better for families than businessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The best thing about this Restaurant was the price. Cheaper than most Brazilian Steakhouses, but then the salad bar was limited, and the meat was good but not fantastic. I'd go here again with my family, but not with a business party.Special Features:
- The food was excellent asOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/24/2013The food was excellent as always. This is our favorite Churrascaria in the Houston area. The servers were very attentive and prompt.Special Features:
- Rude manager on duty. SelectionAppleVIPDined on 1/14/2013Rude manager on duty. Selection of meats were over cooked.
- Give your review a titleOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/31/2012Deserted restaurant, which meant all the meat they were cooking was for our table. Kept getting the same, limited choices over and over. It may be better when busy
- I've been to my share of BrazillianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2012I've been to my share of Brazillian steakhouses and this one is probably the worst one I've been to in Houston. Meats were way too tough, service was very intermittent. Don't bother.
- Delicious! We always takeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/11/2012Delicious! We always take out of town guests here!