Nellie Cashman's Monday Club Cafe at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
6902 E. Greenway Parkway
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Nellie Cashman's Monday Club Cafe at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kierlandresort.com/dining/nellie-cashmans/
- Phone: 4806241202x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 6am - 11am
Lunch: 11am - 3pm
Dinner: 5pm - 10pm
Sunday "Bubbles & Brunch": 11am - 2pm -
Hours and menus subject to change for holidays and/or seasonally.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Chris Masco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Nellie Cashman's bright and sunny private dining room seats up to 30 guests in the heart of the restaurant, one floor below the lobby level of The Resort.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Purdom 4806241332x
- Entertainment: Bagpipes at Sunset every evening in Dreamweavers.
- Special Events: For groups please contact Lauren Purdom at 480-624-1332
A word from Nellie Cashman's Monday Club Cafe at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
Named for “The Angel of the Mining Camp” and Arizona’s oldest club for women, Nellie Cashman’s Monday Club Café offers casual dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner. With an emphasis on locally-grown produce, the inventive menu is inspired by the culinary trends made popular during early Arizona’s mining heyday. Examples include a Dutch-oven daily special, a selection of stir-fry dishes that pay homage to the Chinese cooks who worked in mining camps and various savory barbecue dishes featuring pulled pork, ribs and beef brisket. Floor-to-ceiling windows create a bright indoor setting and seating is also available outdoors in the adjacent Dreamweaver’s Canyon courtyard, which provides views of the Kierland Golf Course and McDowell Mountains.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nellie Cashman's Monday Club Cafe at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (6)fit for foodies (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- DeliciousLindalooVIPDined on 10/3/2014This was our first visit. We ate on the patio and enjoyed the golf course view. The food was excellent and so was our server, Andrew. We will definitely be back & will ask for Andrew.Special Features:
- Variety of foodRussReviewsDined on 9/28/2014While there was a decent variety of various breakfast and lunch dishes to include an omelet station there was no carving station and no meat items offered. I would have expected at least roast beef or prime rib but there was none. Also, service was sparse used dishes piled up on the table and I paid the extra $7 for Sparkling Wine I barley had two glasses poured, the last offered as we were leaving. The last (4) weeks we decided to try the top Sunday brunches which included "The Phoenician", "The Biltmore", "Wrigley Mansion" and the "Westin Kierland", the Kierland came in last and in our opinion the Biltmore was the best overall.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The food and service was great. Everyone was very nice and cordial.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May be not a good daySandyVIPDined on 9/17/2014Have dined here a year ago and found the event just fine. I made a reservation amd they acted like they didn't know where to put us when there were empty tables near the window. Finally came by and switched us to larger table. Waiter was distracted and missing a lot. Our lunch consisted of one pastrami melt and two slices pickles for $15.00 each. Waiter said it came with coke slaw which it did not. Lunch did not begin to compare with other hotel offerings in the are. We divided the bill in half and one bill had $2.00 more. Waiter said the computer did that. It wasn't the first time that people split a bill. Just an off day I hope.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014This is a great place for Sunday brunch! The food was fresh and delicious!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014THE LUNCH WAS TERRIFIC, THE DINNER WAS NOT THAT GOOD.THE MENU IS LIMITED AND WAS NOT IMPRESSED. THE FOOD WAS GOOD, NOT GREAT AND THE PRICE WAS HIGH FOR WHAT YOU GOT. NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL.Special Features:
- The following 120 reviews are from the Nellie Cashman's Monday Club Cafe at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa reviews archive.
- Breakfast, Lunch and DinnerJustMyPointOfViewVIPDined on 6/23/2014We usually dine here for breakfast and dinner, but it is open for lunch as well. All the restaurants added some new dishes, and we tried their shredded pork and steak meatloaf, and the salmon. The meatloaf was plentiful and tasty, the chorizo based gravy/sauce was excellent. The salmon was was cooked perfectly, and the flavors were of the entire dish were very good. If we could just not eat so much of the bread and eggplant spread... Our server we request is Andrew, but when he's not there, we still get excellent service. Morning servers are always happy and helpful, and the breakfast buffet is very nice.Special Features:
- Nice brunch, but somewhat lacking..DSOnoratiDined on 6/15/2014We went here for brunch, but found it somewhat lacking in the "traditional" brunch fare. It leaned very heavily towards the "lunch" as opposed to the breakfast. I do have to say that the fruits were amazingly fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- The Place to be1PickyEaterDined on 6/8/2014My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our entire dining experience. Visited the restaurant 6/8/14 for brunch. I imagine that this place is packed all the time. The ambiance is wonderful, the views are stunning, the service is outstanding. The good selection was absolutely delightful. There were So many choices that I found myself asking "where do I start"?Easy online reservations is the way to go. Tried calling & got voice msg. This place is perfect for any occasion, a date, gathering with friends or brunch with family. There were four in our party, and the consensus was that Nellie Cashmans does not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food, short menugLovinOandIDined on 6/6/2014We have been to the Westin for a 100th and 99th bday and brunch which was amazing. This was dissappointing. The menu was short and I found myself just picking something. The waiter was phenomenal.Special Features:
- Business LunchChazBDined on 5/4/2014I dined at this restaurant while at a conference being held in the hotel. The menu for lunch is somewhat limited, but good. It was easy to get to and the food was pretty good considering being in a hotel. I would say that if you are at a conference in the Westin Kierland, this is a good option for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Long name, short on qualityBongomaukaDined on 4/19/2014The staff, friendly, the place, hopping on the patio since it was Easter break while inside was fairly empty and calm. We ordered the appetizer barbecue ribs which had 3 ribs and was okay. Nothing special. The meat was tender and fell off the bone but the barbecue sauce was ho hum. I had the New York strip steak which came to the table medium rare even though I asked for bloody rare. The meat itself was tender but the char/grill flavor was a bit chemical tasting.The mashed potatoes was runny and too soft, supposed to be studded with poblano chiles. The salmon which was crusted in blue cornmeal on bland risotto with salty veggies. The fish was ordered super rare but it wasn't. It wasn’t fishy and was the best thing we ordered. Not the best.Special Features:
- Business MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/12/2014Early morning breakfast meeting. Service and food were exceptional. Opted for outside seating since weather was great. Group seated nearby were very loud, which made business discussion difficult. Not faulting the restaurant. That was the only negative. Would do outside seating again but not necessarily for a business meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed CompanyColibriDined on 3/30/2014We were celebrating and this turned out to be a lovely brunch location. We were dressed up, as were others, then there were the vacationers dining outdoors dressed more casually. It was a fun mix that made for great conversation and a nice comfortable vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely atmosphere and verynatalieDined on 3/28/2014lovely atmosphere and very considerate staff. Server pleasantly continued serving us after we moved out to patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationssedonalocalDined on 3/20/2014We were staying at the Westin and Nellie's was the only restaurant we could get in on site before 8PM so we decided to give it a try. We were skeptical going in given the other restaurants on site were booked solid past 8PM that day. We got a table outside and were very pleased with the variety on the menu and the reasonable prices. So it was a pleasant surprise for us and if we stayed here again we would definitely return for a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid 4 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2014We loved the outdoor dining and the service was really, really good. One of our party had short ribs and fries and loved everything. The other 2 got an Arizona stir fry with chicken, lots of vegetables and smoked pasta. the chicken was a little scarce and the pasta (orchiette-sp?) was, to me a discordant note. I would rate it "average". Would happily return and try something elseSpecial Features:
- Nellie Cashman reviewJimPVIPDined on 2/16/2014We went here for brunch and is as always a wonderful brunch with an omelet station, fruit, breads, and cereals with all sorts of juices. They are well organized for the number of people at the brunch on a Sunday morning. We were after our day of travel. We also have had dinner and lunch here and food and service is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took 1 1/2 hours to get ouronthegoDined on 2/15/2014Took 1 1/2 hours to get our meals served. The meals were not even good once they arrived. They did comp our entire dinner because of the long delay. Will not visit this restaurant again!
- Valentine's DinnerFlyWolfDined on 2/14/2014My wife enjoyed the meal and the service was great.. just a bit slower than I expected, but the server was a delight. The food was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was not impressed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014I was not impressed with the food or wine. It was extremely noise and I couldn't hear. I would not go back at all.
- Limited Selection and Still SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/27/2013When we checked in we were told the kitchen was backed up, surprising given the place was less than half full. Even more surprising given the menu is extremely limited, no burgers etc. This is the casual restaurant at a resort. They had a kid buffet, which was great, but not for early teens. An hour later our food finally showed up, this was after the manager came by to apologize 15 minutes earlier and told us it would be right out. I will give her credit she gave us a huge discount with no complaining from our group. We stay at this resort every year for Christmas and have had great experiences at this restaurant previously so I hope this was an exception. They do need to improve the menu to make more family friendly.
- My favorite breakfast spotRowdyVIPDined on 12/21/2013By far this is my favorite breakfast spot. The service is outstanding. The restaurant is always clean and the food is the best you'll find anywhere. I love their pancakes with the maple syrup.youll love their corned beef hash. The ambience is very nice. The views looking out to the golf course are beautiful. Whether you do the brunch or order off the menu you will find this to be your favorite spot as well. Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- Great place for brunch withOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/24/2013Great place for brunch with bubbles! Probably wouldn't go for lunch or dinner, but brunch was great and so was the service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business meeting over breakfastLewiDined on 11/19/2013Business meeting over breakfast and the service was rather slow.
- Business meeting over lunchLewiDined on 11/19/2013Business meeting over lunch and the service and timing for food arrival was in expected timeframe to accompish the meeting, eating and getting back to our conference in time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerHellfirePrincessDined on 10/31/2013My husband and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary at Nellie Cashman's on halloween night this year. From the moment we walked in to the moment we walked out the staff and service were both beyond our expectations. They were polite and extremely attentive! Many of the staff as well as the hotel food and beverage manager came by our table to wish us a happy anniversary! We both had the New York steak. It was cooked perfectly! At the end of our meal they brought is the best creme brûlée dessert to top off the delicious meal we had just enjoyed. Our server, Laura, was on point and very good at her job. We are planning to dine there again on my 40th birthday this year!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BrunchOceanGirlDined on 9/2/2013The brunch here is great! The price not bad for what you get and the choices you have. However, I do only recommend this for adults!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Sunday champagne brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/1/2013The Sunday champagne brunch was actually much better than I expected! Wasn't the biggest brunch selection that I have seen, but had plenty of choices and everything was very good! I will definitely come back if I am staying at the Westin!I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's good. Manage expectations.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2013It's in a resort hotel, so expect to pay a premium. The food is good, but a bit expensive for what you are getting so be ready. Also, outside seating can get smokey.Special Features:
- Nice Sunday brunch, moderatelyBrunch4manDined on 8/11/2013Nice Sunday brunch, moderately sized with open dining area. Just enough various choices and amounts to be interesting. Open omelet stand, no carving stand, limited desserts. If you like chocolate covered strawberries get them early as they ran out 12:30 !! Worth the $$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!PatsyDined on 8/10/2013Nellie's gets return visits for the great food and service. The nose level runs from quiet to moderate depending on the crowd so we can converse too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nellie Cashman's is amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2013My wife and I celebrated my birthday weekend at Westin Kierland Spa and Resort in Scottsdale from July 27th-29th. We made reservations at Nellie Cashman's being that the restaurant is in the hotel. WOW! I'm glad we made reservations there. We were treated with the utmost respect, the service was impeccable. Our server Mirel is the best. He is very professional, courteous and made the whole experience very comfortable and enjoyable. My wife hinted it was my birthday weekend celebration and I'll just say he took excellent care of us. He even made sure a personal note was sent to our room thanking us and wished me a happy birthday. That is outstanding service. I recommend dining here. KUDOS to Mirel and Nellie Cashman's. Thank You!Special Features:
- nellies brunchphxdvlDined on 7/14/2013The Sunday brunch was over priced and the food a cold joke. The only warm ítem was from the omlete bar. Í
- Brunch service shouldn't be hardKJohnsVIPDined on 7/5/2013The food at the all-you-can-eat hotel breakfast was better than most--great cooked-to-order omelette, yummy French toast and pancake portions, crispy bacon, bowls of fresh berries and fruit, and homemade breads and pastries of all kind. What should be easy is service--bring coffee and keep it filled. Alas, service was poor. Had to get my own cream despite asking for it (twice) and had to get my own coffee refill (twice).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very poor couldn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2013Service was very poor couldn't get refill of coffee or ice tea without tracking down someoneI would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/16/2013enjoyed that we could do the buffet and order off the menu too! everything was really tasty too! perfect sized portions as well!Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch BuffetAuntAudiDined on 6/9/2013The restaurant is quite nice, the service was wonderful. Maybe because June is off season in AZ the buffet was often sparsely stocked. Trays would have one item on them. The hot items had 5 choices but consistently 2-3 were empty to almost empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor Patio Dining On Mothers DayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2013Our table had a snake next to when we arrived. Our server told another to call security to have it removed,but the second server took his serving tray and tried to sweep the snake into the bushes. A few minutes later a rather large lizard crawled out from the same bushes under our table. My girlfriend is terrified of snakes and lizards, and put her feet up on the chair. The serving staff made NO offer to move us inside or to another table, but instead just said that wildlife makes its way to the hotel from the desert area. This was the first time to this hotel,and it was not very pleasant experience. The food was ok, but became cold as we were more concerned about our safety than dining out.Special Features:
- Great breakfast buffet. OmeletOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/29/2013Great breakfast buffet. Omelet station, fresh fruit and berries, creamy steel-cut oatmeal with caramelized sugar, amazing chocolate croissants (they go fast so get them early) and apple walnut danishes. They also served Belgian waffles, pancakes, sausages, hash browns, assorted muffins, cereals and more. The service is awesome. Everyone is so friendly and the view of the golf course is beautiful. What a great way to start the day!Special Features: