5027 W Lovers Ln
Dallas, TX 75209Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.neighborhoodservicesdallas.wordpress.com/
- Phone: 2143505027
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Bekavac
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Neighborhood Services
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Neighborhood Services - Best Restaurants in Park Cities ›
Neighborhood Services reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (111)fit for foodies (107)special occasion (78)hot spot (78)vibrant bar scene (47)notable wine list (40)romantic (34)good for groups (15)late-night find (9)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Wow!AwesomeVIPDined on 8/30/2014Hard to find but worth the search! Food is outstanding from the appetizers to the main entrees. Entire table left impressed. Can't wait to go back!
- Always DelicioushappydinerVIPDined on 8/28/2014One of our favorite neighborhood spots! Always delicious and such creative fare.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014Hannah was our attendant and she was great! Her attentiveness, poise and good nature made for an excellent experience. We were celebrating a business transaction and it could not have gone better.Special Features:
- Everything on the menu is amazing!HungyHungryGirlDined on 8/25/2014We did a nice bit of sampling when we visited Neighborhood Services, and were very impressed by each and every appetizer/entree/drink we ordered! The wait and bar staff and friendly and attentive so the service was top notch. This will definitely be a place I go back to when I have guests in town, special occasions, or just want a really delicious nice, meal out. The restaurant was a little tricky to find, I would just give that heads up to anyone who is going for the first time, there is not a huge sign with the restaurant name over the building or anything but Google Maps should get you to the general area. 5 Stars for Neighborhood Services!Special Features:
- Great except for noise levelsSuzeDined on 8/25/2014Great food, good wine, lovely drinks, and wonderful service - the only downside - noise level is much too loud to enjoy your food and company. The night we were there the music was loud, the table next to us was very loud, and we could hardly hear the waitperson even though they were practically shouting the specials at us. This restaurant would be perfect and more relaxing and enjoyable if they could find some way to make the noise level more tolerable so you can talk to others at your table without shouting or repeating yourself over and over. The restaurant did turn the music down after we complained for a time but it was up again later. This is not a restaurant for children either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, never felt so rushed.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I enjoyed a delicious dinner of steak and swordfish. Everything was cooked perfectly. Only downside to the meal was how rushed we felt. It was as if any time you weren't actively putting food in your mouth the waiter was trying to take your plate and move on to the next course. If you want a leisurely conversation over dinner, you might want to reconsider.Special Features:
- Our new favorite place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Neighborhood Services is truly a great place - we have been there twice and truly love everything about it - food, wine list, ambiance, service - everything. We'll be back!!!Special Features:
- Great FindEddiedfwVIPDined on 8/15/2014I am not sure why we had not tried this place before, we we just loved it. The steak, the pheasant and the hamburger were great. We look forward to going back to try some other items.Special Features:
- Love this place!DRayDined on 8/13/2014Delicious food - lemon sole and London broil both perfect. Chad recommended the yellowtail tartare which was impeccable. Day's wine was a delicious spicy rioja.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, but food made it worth itJennDined on 8/11/2014Waiter was incredibly informative about the food and the restaurant, everyone made sure our experience was great. Our table was only 6" from the table next to us, which was a bit too close for comfort, honestly, since we were celebrating and hoping for a romantic date...but next time I would request a booth when I made the reservation and I think it would be fine. The biggest downside was how loud it was...there were times we had trouble hearing each other or our waiter. But the food was fantastic, creative enough to be interesting, but familiar enough to draw us in. And the service was quick, friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Overall1sttimedinersDined on 8/2/2014It was our first time to Neighbor Services. We had a 6pm reservation and got there about 10 minutes early and were immediately sat down. Service was great, waiter was very attentive and knew the menu well. Appetizers were good, had Tuna Tar Tar and the Meat balls, preferred the meatball over the tuna. Two of our party had salads that they said were very good. Main dish, all had the fish dishes. All were very good with a lot of flavor. Shared a banana split for dessert, was really good. The only draw back I would say was the volume level. Our table was in the bar area where a lot of people waited for their tables. It was loud and hard to hear the other members of our party, but it won't keep us form going back.Special Features:
- Excellent First VisitBakers12Dined on 8/2/2014I wanted to try a new restaurant for my birthday. I'm glad that Neighborhood Services is where I wound up. Very good food, and an excellent wait staff!Special Features:
- amazinghogieVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great service and very creative, tasty food !! Presentation is beautiful. Very loud acoustics though! Be prepared for a high energy meal! Will be back. Everyone took great care of us from the hostess desk, bar, and our waitress. Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would def recommend!FoodFrogDined on 7/31/2014Decided to give NS a try because of the great reviews. Was definitely not disappointed. Very low key location and actually passed it the first time. Good thing gf had on the GPS because she said "we're here" and we still didn't know we were there until we saw the valet. Service was impeccable from walking in to walking out of the door. Server Erin was great - knew the menu - gave great recommendations and phenomenal service. Was also very accommodating with special dietary requests. Food was excellent - scallops/chicken were both great as was the garlicky spinach and braised brussel sprouts. Meatball appetizer had good flavor but not cooked enough for my taste. Overall a great experience - would highly recommend and will definitely go back!Special Features:
- cgkdineoutVIPDined on 7/28/2014Always delicious. Our all-time favorite. Nick Badovinus is one of the most creative chefs in Dallas. We frequent all his restaurants. Wait staff is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meatball HeavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The meatball appetizer with Voodoo peppercorn sauce is to die for. We ordered another before our meal. Everything was delicious but it is challenging to have a conversation with the high noise level. Small wall sign in front makes it difficult to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably great food and servicesyragDined on 7/24/2014As always, excellent food and service. The fries are the best in Dallas. The mussels are a great appetizer; the special shashimi appetizer was fantastic as well. The restaurant is a bit noisy... not ridiculously so.Special Features:
- Enjoy the Neighborhood ( Services)OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014If you don't mind the noise, Neighborhood Services is a very nice dining spot. If you're looking for a quiet place or with a group trying to carry on a conversation, forget it. We could hear people 3 tables away shouting so those across the table could hear one another. The food is good. London Broil was very good as was the Lemon Sole, one of the 3 fresh fish specials of the day. The side of French Fries was disappointing. Tasty, but soggy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudDianeVIPDined on 7/23/2014Neighborhood Services was way too loud on this visit on a Wednesday night. The table was so close to each other that the waitress had to stand on the outside of the table and reach across all four of us to serve two of us. It was not nearly as impressive as the last time we were there when we sat up in the bar area which was much quieter. The food was fine but if I can't even hear the people we are with, it will come off of our list.Special Features:
- What a findSavorySweetDined on 7/19/2014We found NSBG on a travel website, where it was ranked highly. Floored at the wholesomeness of the food and the action in the room. Starting with fried asparagas (tempura battered). Split the Delmonico steak (pricey); paired with brussel sprouts (a must have and so good that I ate the cold sprouts like candy the next day) and cheddar mashed potato (a bit heavy on the sour cream and perfectly light on the cheddar). We split the peach pie, where I did prefer the ice cream. The place was packed and so positive that we stayed for an apperitif. Will do this again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A DALLAS "GEM"....1939TexasGuyVIPDined on 7/19/2014Neighborhood Services is "JUST OUTSTANDING" - has a "Southwest Clic interior ambinance", wait staff does an outstanding job explaining the entrees and special dishes of the day, and the food is very creatively prepared with excellent taste. A must is a reservation and several days prior to your dining plans. Make sure you have street address if your first dining experence at N.S. as is tucked into a "retail strip center setting" and has very small sign for identity.Special Features:
- Always Specialluv2dineVIPDined on 7/18/2014Neighborhood Services (Lovers Lane) is one of the best restaurants in Dallas. Food is superb, service is always excellent - they just make you feel at home. Menu changes nightly with a variety of specials. Always Special.Special Features:
- Great experienceTripMomDined on 7/17/2014Everything we ate was amazing! The service was excellent and any changes to the food were fulfilled exactly. Waiter was knowledgeable and helpful. Only negative was the noise level. We had to speak loudly to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodwhatever3333Dined on 7/16/2014The food was wonderful and the waitress was excellent. Asparagus one of my favorites and the fish was fabulous! It was a little loud so conversation could be challenging at times. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceNandDined on 7/12/2014Enjoyed our second visit to NS. The food and drinks were great but not exceptional. The appetizers we had were the oyster shells that were very fresh and the lobster stuffed in eggs. They were out of the lobster that night so that was a bummer. I had the cod that was delicious but on this visit I had the sole that was okay. My sons pork chops were very good. I am sure we will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dallas GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014dynamite food and fast friendly service. A real find and not to be missed.Special Features:
- Had to Share Place with FriendsBHDFWVIPDined on 7/7/2014My wife and I make this restaurant a standard Monday night date stop. It is so good that we recently shared it with another couple. They raved as much about it as we do. Yes it is incredibly busy - and it can get a little loud when they are full - but the food, service and experience NEVER disappoints. I am constantly amazed at how good their beef is - and my wife raves about their seafood. If you have never visited - you are missing an incredible treat - book a reservation soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Initial welcome ?? Food Great!LottsasamplingVIPDined on 7/5/2014The evening started out with a rather unfriendly hostess - not accommodating! She put 6 adults in a tight fitting booth! We were there to celebrate a birthday and had to do some rearranging to make the booth fit 3 adult men - little tight. The server came to the rescue -friendly help and a solution per our suggestion. While we were changing the seating - the hostess walked by with another group and disrupted our change. She rudely said she was coming through - could have been handled better. (Like walking around the other side or holding group back) We will try again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food!KDFWVIPDined on 7/5/2014Definitely check this place out. Our waiter was so knowledgeable about the food, and everything lived up to his description.Special Features:
- We'll keep coming back!GetinmahbellyDined on 7/2/2014This is one of our favorite dining spots. Great food, wine, and bourbon selections. You have to order the asparagus appetizer. Simply awesome. Steaks are "steaky". Full of flavor and perfectly cooked. Everything is fabulous from appetizers through desserts. Great service and atmosphere. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonDouDined on 7/1/2014Very good food and a great neighborhood spot. Dining area is very loud, but food helped make up for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reallyVIPDined on 6/25/2014We were celebrating our 20 year anniversary. The service was impeccable and the meal was delicious. Highly recommend the Butcher's Meatballs as a shared starter. They were flavorful, not greasy and resting in a voodoo peppercorn sauce that had a hint of Worcestershire. The Wedge My Way salad was split and more than enough to share. Served exactly as described...with spiced pecans, tomatoes and lots of bacon. My sole was lightly crusted with panko and pan seared. It was a 9x6 fillet and served with a side of beurre blanc. Truck stop chicken fried steak was about the same size as the sole and was served with a side of jalapeno gravy and mashed potatoes. NOTE: this is a LOUD restaurant. Not a place for romance or light table chatter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaniceDined on 6/25/2014Loved it! Took friends who are foodies and they were highly impressed. Excellent menu...server was smart and insightful and it was a terrific experience!Special Features:
- Warning - ADDICTIVEBHDFWVIPDined on 6/23/2014No one that just drives by this place would have a clue that some of the best food in DFW is available at what looks like just a "hole in the wall" in the Park Cities. Trust me - you want to stop (with a reservation)! This place is BUSY - but it has a cache of a secret club that needs a password to get beyond the door. We are slowly working through their extensive menu options - we have not made a selection that was not great. Do not miss their steaks - their beef is specially grown for them - it tastes incredible. The nightly fish specials are top notch as well. Don't forget to ask about off the menu wine choices - they always seem to have something special in the back room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost GreatHowieDined on 6/23/2014I do like this restaurant. However, they make such a big waa-woo about their steak, and to me, if you are looking for the taste of a Del Frisco's or Bob's New York strip, well you will not exactly find it here at Neighborhood Services. You would have to try for yourself and see. Okay, well, I feel silly saying this, but the night we went to eat, the music was all 1970's rock. And a bit loud. I love oldies, but something about going to a nice restaurant and hearing Queen in the background is not helping anything....just my 2 cents. This place has great potential, but needs some outside opinions to improve. Howie - Fort WorthSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/23/2014First time in NS, visiting from Houston. Great food, service and craft coctails. Will be back next time in Dallas.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Services Review0ILuvToEat0Dined on 6/20/2014This was one of the most disappointing dining experiences I have had in Dallas. I went because D Mag rated this the number one restaurant in the city. The appetizers were good( the fried asparagus and meatballs) but the entrees were very bland. My boyfriend got the punk room steak, which was a bad cut of meat and wasnt seasoned well. I got the by hand noodles which were nothing special. I would not recommend this restaurant. The food quality does not match the prices.
- As good as everyone saysHonestJaxDined on 6/20/2014Great food, great service. We went for our anniversary and we will def be back. I had the scallops, possibly the best I've ever had. She had the Steak Frites, which were great. Meatball appetizers are a must as well. Service was excellent, our waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu. Our food was delivered quick and was piping hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place! Always impresses!PatzmarVIPDined on 6/19/2014We love Neighborhood Services! So do a lot of people! Harder & harder to get in at night! Make a reservation well in advance! It's worth the wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC NEIGHBORHOOD GEMWinedoctorVIPDined on 6/13/2014We loved this place, it was our first visit. There is a valet outside because parking is very limited. The restaurant is small, dark and loud. The server was great. The food was unique, creative and delicious. We will definitely return.Special Features: