70 West 3rd Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
CaribbeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.negrilvillage.com/
- Phone: (212) 477-2804
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Brunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm,
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday until 2 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Southern
- Executive Chef: Marva Layne
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering is available.
- Private Party Contact: Liz 2124772804
- Entertainment: Reggae Wednesday's featuring a live Reggae band every Wednesday in the dining room. Every night the Rhum Lounge features a Live DJ.
- Special Events: Reggae Wednesday. Join us every wednesday in the dining room for live reggae music courtesy of the New Kingston Band. No cover. Drink Specials available.
- Cross Street: Between LaGuardia Place and Thompson Street
- Public Transit: A, B, C, D, E, F & V trains to West 4th Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered parking is available on LaGuardia Place. Parking lot located on West 3rd St. bet Mercer St. and Laguardia Pl. Additional Parking lot on Thompson St. around the corner from Negril Village.
A word from Negril Village
Located in the heart of Greenwich Village, Negril Village promises to entertain your soul as well as your palette in a hip & classy environment. The latest installment in the Negril chain specializes in Nu Caribbean cuisine or what is dubbed “New York Savvy Caribbean cuisine”. The menu embraces the cooking styles and techniques of destinations such as Trinidad (i.e. Chicken Roti), Puerto Rico (i.e. Island Paella), and of course Jamaica (i.e. Jerk Chicken and Ackee). Set on two levels, the restaurants décor can be described as contemporary yet natural. The spacious dining room, on the upper level, boasts bamboo floors and seashell lined walls; while the Rhum lounge, on the lower level, warms you with its raisin interior, red lacquer floors, and in-house DJ. Live Reggae, Calypso, and Latin bands will further enchant you as you sip one of Negril Village’s many tropical drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Negril Village reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (48)hot spot (46)fit for foodies (43)special occasion (42)neighborhood gem (34)vibrant bar scene (30)late-night find (28)romantic (25)great for brunch (22)great for lunch (22)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- We had such a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014My husband and I invited another couple to dinner with us here, and I'm so glad I selected this place. We were actually a few minutes late for our reservation, on a Friday no less, and the staff was so accommodating. They didn't give away our table even though the place was packed when we arrived. Once we placed our orders, the drinks came out really quick, and were amazing! Appetizers, dinner, dessert, everything was so good. At the end of our meal, the only thing left our plates were clean bones! We had a great experience and will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious twist on brunchCatrinaVIPDined on 11/16/2014Calypso shrimp & island style grits were a great choice but I envied the every plate that passed my table. Oh and the unlimited tropical mimosas .. tall slender glass & amazing flavors made for a dangerous combination.Special Features:
- Just as Great as I rememberedMIAHBDined on 11/15/2014I have not been here in a few years but it use to be favorite restaurant. I was so happy that the place was still amazing and food was exactly how I remember it... DELICIOUS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot Caribbean FindFranGVIPDined on 11/14/2014We love Jamaican food and Negril Village didn't disappoint, especially on a chilly November evening. The restaurant has 3 levels - bistro/bar on the main level, restaurant on the mezzanine, hot club downstairs. Take your pick! We sat on the mezzanine and enjoyed a delicious meal while overlooking the bar scene below. This place rocks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- traveler24Dined on 11/10/2014Very relaxed environment the chefs platter for two great. The coconut rumpunch is outstanding . my compaion found the prices to be a bit procey however, will return for the dtinks. The service was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family for dinner.Family2014Dined on 11/8/2014This place blew their minds, now they are totally hooked,, sampler dishes were the absolute best by my aunt. Everyone couldn't stop drinking the world famous "rum punch". Doggy bag for the whole table. Music was so Rythmatic. Maybe it was the drinks?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!Salesman4Dined on 11/2/2014We were celebrating my sister's birthday. The service, food, and environment was excellent. I will definitely be returning and invite others to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Jamaican FoodNawlinsFoodieDined on 10/31/2014The oxtails are great and the appetizer sampler platter is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter EtiquetteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014While I do not recall his name, what an impressive young man. Despite the tip already being added to the bill, mr, Jamaica was so sweet, gentlemanly too. Thank you! Overall, a special birthday experience. Fish was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad I wentPassionVIPDined on 10/27/2014My boyfriend and I both ordered the Stew Chicken. It was moist and flavorful. The gravy was perfect! We also had rice and peas and a side order of macaroni and cheese. When going to New York, we will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodNiceDined on 10/26/2014Food was great, wasn't too crowed. Played great music. Plan on going back. Drinks are good alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodPartyParisDined on 10/25/2014I was slightly late for my reservation and I did call in advanced when I got their my table was ready and it was a full house Me and my date had a wonderful dinner the food and drinks where very tasteful, however the staff was amazing my friend had apparently left his jacket upstairs at our table where we had eaten our dinner and when we came from checking out the Lounge the hostess gave us the jacket we forgot all about so I will definitely recommend this place to anyone especially large groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall I'll returnMissmonetDined on 10/25/2014The food was great drinks also kind of strong which is a+ but the only problem is even if you have reservations you still have to wait 20 min 😒Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJamaicanFoodLoverDined on 10/24/2014This was my second time coming to Negril Village. The food was spectacular. The service was ok. Seating is quite chaotic. There is such a small amount of space for seating and even with reservations they had a hard time seating my husband and I. The assistants in front are not very polite. It seems the girls have a permanent scowl on their faces as if they do not want to be there. The manager is a thin older guy with glasses and he started arguing with one of the waiters. Very unprofessional. As I stated earlier. Great good but just ok service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Jamaican FoodfoolishservantDined on 10/19/2014The food was good, the place was nice and the service was good. Recommended. I'm Jamaican and the food was pretty authentic. Recommended!Special Features:
- FoodgirlDined on 10/18/2014My second time at this restaurant and it was great .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing timeJustmeDined on 10/17/2014about 12 of my coworkers and I went there. we had a blast. Only thing is there needs to be more ventilation, (especially since there isnt much space to dance. And this place gets really packed....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WadeBDined on 10/14/2014Really enjoyed the food; had a red-snapper dish on the recommendation of Gabriel, our waiter - was awesome. The service was also great, plus a good selection of "island drinks". We were really pleased with finding this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Food was amazing, service was excellent and the environment was just right. Can't wait to go back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food and service was greattraveler24Dined on 10/10/2014Negril changed menu need to bring back the home style food that most of the regular comes for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!LatannyaDined on 10/9/2014Every time I travel to NYC is a must on my list of restaurants to visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantluvgoodfoodDined on 10/9/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary there and as usual the food was great. Also, the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my husband birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014He loved the food and he ours a very picky eater. Even though we had made reservations waited about 30mins for our seatsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hubby birthdayDebbie50Dined on 9/27/2014This is my second time going to Negril Village and I wasn't disappointed. The one thing I was little disappointed in, was my waiter failed to acknowledge my husband birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, atmosphere, staff - ExcellentSuperbDiningDined on 9/26/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. The restaurant is very clean, the atmosphere is vibrant, staff very friendly and attentive, and the food is superb. This is a must on my list of restaurants to indulge. We had the tasting plate (serves 2) for dinner and the Bread Pudding and Rum cake for dessert with a coconut rum punch - Yum Yum Thanks for a wonderful evening with my Husband.Special Features:
- Always a nice dinneralisonoVIPDined on 9/23/2014I've mainly been here for dinners with colleagues, and the food is always good. Sometimes things are too salty, but that's how Caribbean food can be. Most traditional and contemporary dishes are delicious. Oxtails are a favorite, and the snapper is big. Drinks are good too! The lounge downstairs is always fun, but it can be a little too noisy upstairs in the dining room.Special Features:
- Service is inconsistent.NYCgirlDined on 9/23/2014I took two out of town guests there and noticed that while the service by the waiters seemed good this time around, the food though good, came in smaller portions. I am not a big eater, but I was less than satisfied and could have had the normal portion size which they used to serve. One big turnoff was that the clean up crew was literally taking my plate away as I was eating. I could not believe it! How about asking first? I was so turned off and felt like I was eating at some cheap fry joint. I will try this place one more time and if it happens. I am done!Special Features:
- one of my favorite restaurantssunnya305Dined on 9/14/2014It's great for a casual dinner or to celebrate a birthday, anniversary etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvjgDined on 9/14/2014The food was fantastic. I love this restaurant and absolutely would return!Special Features:
- Horrible serviceDispleasedDined on 9/12/2014The food was amazing but the service was very horrible. After waiting an hour before seating us we got to the table and ordered our food. It came out very quickly but our waiter was very abrupt and didn't smile. While we were eating our food I guess the manager came over and asked us if we can move our table bc he had to accommodate another party. We agreed bc he stated he would take care of our drinks. After ordering a round of shots we asked for the bill. Negril only took care of one round of drinks, I called the manager back over and he said he would only pay for one drink. I didn't argue with him I just have him my credit card and left. We were very displeased with the service and we will never returnSpecial Features:
- Great brunchknp978Dined on 9/7/2014My first experience with brunch at Negril Village (been here for lunch and dinner before) and pleasantly surprised. Food was delicious and service was excellent. I would definitely recommend to other and will be back.Special Features:
- Best Caribbean FoodFoodie1Dined on 9/6/2014Dined with family and friends to celebrate my birthday. The food was delicious as I remembered from a previous visit and the ambiance cannot be beat. The night was even star-studded; spotted NICKI MINAJ having dinner!Special Features:
- Just a night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Went to Negril Village for my wife 32nd birthday. Made reservations, got there ten minutes before, and was seated right away for a packed house. We were seated in the lower level where the dj and dance floor was. The music level was just right and the dj was playing great reggae music. WeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- F&B A+++ / Customer Service C+FoodyNYCVIPDined on 9/5/2014I always love the food and beverages at Negril’s and I always take visitors from out of town who love tasty Caribbean eats. The music, lighting and decor sets the tone for a fun filled evening and they have a dance floor underground which is nice to stop by and dance the night away after a wonderful dinner. However, my last visit was not the best in regards to service. One of the servers were placing a plate on the table and he was trying to slide my drink with the tip of plate, which he ended up spilling on my lap and then he immediately blamed me for spilling my own drink when my hands were not even on the table, much less my drink. I had to wait about 20 minutes before I received my other drink and by then, I could not even enjoy itSpecial Features:
- Nice Way to End a Long DayRealQueensFoodieDined on 9/4/2014After experiencing one of the most stressful days in work history, I meet up with a friend for dinner at Negril. The music was relaxing the food, although spicy, was great and the drinks were nice and strong. It was the perfect end to a crappy day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hmm.KippsmithersDined on 9/2/2014I've heard about this restaurant before. The portions don't add up to the menu pricing. That was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Great food, service and atmosphere. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We have been to Negri Village several times and they never disappoint. The food was excellent the service was good and the ambiance inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Food!ExcellentDined on 8/27/2014I've been to Negril's a few times and every time I go, I'm never disappointed in the food. I went to celebrate my birthday with my sisters and friends. We all ordered different foods so we could pick off each other and try new things. Nothing was a disappointment!! I can't wait until my next visit.Special Features:
- Pricey2pricey4regulardiningDined on 8/24/2014The entire experience was good, but compared to other Caribbean restaurants, this was over priced for the quantity of food they give you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.