70 West 3rd Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
CaribbeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.negrilvillage.com/
- Phone: 2124772804
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Brunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm,
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday until 2 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Southern
- Executive Chef: Marva Layne
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering is available.
- Private Party Contact: Liz 2124772804
- Entertainment: Reggae Wednesday's featuring a live Reggae band every Wednesday in the dining room. Every night the Rhum Lounge features a Live DJ.
- Special Events: Reggae Wednesday. Join us every wednesday in the dining room for live reggae music courtesy of the New Kingston Band. No cover. Drink Specials available.
- Cross Street: Between LaGuardia Place and Thompson Street
- Public Transit: A, B, C, D, E, F & V trains to West 4th Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered parking is available on LaGuardia Place. Parking lot located on West 3rd St. bet Mercer St. and Laguardia Pl. Additional Parking lot on Thompson St. around the corner from Negril Village.
A word from Negril Village
Located in the heart of Greenwich Village, Negril Village promises to entertain your soul as well as your palette in a hip & classy environment. The latest installment in the Negril chain specializes in Nu Caribbean cuisine or what is dubbed “New York Savvy Caribbean cuisine”. The menu embraces the cooking styles and techniques of destinations such as Trinidad (i.e. Chicken Roti), Puerto Rico (i.e. Island Paella), and of course Jamaica (i.e. Jerk Chicken and Ackee). Set on two levels, the restaurants décor can be described as contemporary yet natural. The spacious dining room, on the upper level, boasts bamboo floors and seashell lined walls; while the Rhum lounge, on the lower level, warms you with its raisin interior, red lacquer floors, and in-house DJ. Live Reggae, Calypso, and Latin bands will further enchant you as you sip one of Negril Village’s many tropical drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Negril Village reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (49)hot spot (46)special occasion (44)fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (39)vibrant bar scene (37)late-night find (29)romantic (28)great for brunch (25)great for lunch (21)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- WadeBDined on 10/14/2014Really enjoyed the food; had a red-snapper dish on the recommendation of Gabriel, our waiter - was awesome. The service was also great, plus a good selection of "island drinks". We were really pleased with finding this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Food was amazing, service was excellent and the environment was just right. Can't wait to go back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food and service was greattraveler24Dined on 10/10/2014Negril changed menu need to bring back the home style food that most of the regular comes for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantluvgoodfoodDined on 10/9/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary there and as usual the food was great. Also, the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my husband birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014He loved the food and he ours a very picky eater. Even though we had made reservations waited about 30mins for our seatsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hubby birthdayDebbie50Dined on 9/27/2014This is my second time going to Negril Village and I wasn't disappointed. The one thing I was little disappointed in, was my waiter failed to acknowledge my husband birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, atmosphere, staff - ExcellentSuperbDiningDined on 9/26/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. The restaurant is very clean, the atmosphere is vibrant, staff very friendly and attentive, and the food is superb. This is a must on my list of restaurants to indulge. We had the tasting plate (serves 2) for dinner and the Bread Pudding and Rum cake for dessert with a coconut rum punch - Yum Yum Thanks for a wonderful evening with my Husband.Special Features:
- Always a nice dinneralisonoVIPDined on 9/23/2014I've mainly been here for dinners with colleagues, and the food is always good. Sometimes things are too salty, but that's how Caribbean food can be. Most traditional and contemporary dishes are delicious. Oxtails are a favorite, and the snapper is big. Drinks are good too! The lounge downstairs is always fun, but it can be a little too noisy upstairs in the dining room.Special Features:
- Service is inconsistent.NYCgirlDined on 9/23/2014I took two out of town guests there and noticed that while the service by the waiters seemed good this time around, the food though good, came in smaller portions. I am not a big eater, but I was less than satisfied and could have had the normal portion size which they used to serve. One big turnoff was that the clean up crew was literally taking my plate away as I was eating. I could not believe it! How about asking first? I was so turned off and felt like I was eating at some cheap fry joint. I will try this place one more time and if it happens. I am done!Special Features:
- one of my favorite restaurantssunnya305Dined on 9/14/2014It's great for a casual dinner or to celebrate a birthday, anniversary etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvjgDined on 9/14/2014The food was fantastic. I love this restaurant and absolutely would return!Special Features:
- Horrible serviceDispleasedDined on 9/12/2014The food was amazing but the service was very horrible. After waiting an hour before seating us we got to the table and ordered our food. It came out very quickly but our waiter was very abrupt and didn't smile. While we were eating our food I guess the manager came over and asked us if we can move our table bc he had to accommodate another party. We agreed bc he stated he would take care of our drinks. After ordering a round of shots we asked for the bill. Negril only took care of one round of drinks, I called the manager back over and he said he would only pay for one drink. I didn't argue with him I just have him my credit card and left. We were very displeased with the service and we will never returnSpecial Features:
- Great brunchknp978Dined on 9/7/2014My first experience with brunch at Negril Village (been here for lunch and dinner before) and pleasantly surprised. Food was delicious and service was excellent. I would definitely recommend to other and will be back.Special Features:
- Best Caribbean FoodFoodie1Dined on 9/6/2014Dined with family and friends to celebrate my birthday. The food was delicious as I remembered from a previous visit and the ambiance cannot be beat. The night was even star-studded; spotted NICKI MINAJ having dinner!Special Features:
- Just a night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Went to Negril Village for my wife 32nd birthday. Made reservations, got there ten minutes before, and was seated right away for a packed house. We were seated in the lower level where the dj and dance floor was. The music level was just right and the dj was playing great reggae music. WeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- F&B A+++ / Customer Service C+FoodyNYCVIPDined on 9/5/2014I always love the food and beverages at Negril’s and I always take visitors from out of town who love tasty Caribbean eats. The music, lighting and decor sets the tone for a fun filled evening and they have a dance floor underground which is nice to stop by and dance the night away after a wonderful dinner. However, my last visit was not the best in regards to service. One of the servers were placing a plate on the table and he was trying to slide my drink with the tip of plate, which he ended up spilling on my lap and then he immediately blamed me for spilling my own drink when my hands were not even on the table, much less my drink. I had to wait about 20 minutes before I received my other drink and by then, I could not even enjoy itSpecial Features:
- Nice Way to End a Long DayRealQueensFoodieDined on 9/4/2014After experiencing one of the most stressful days in work history, I meet up with a friend for dinner at Negril. The music was relaxing the food, although spicy, was great and the drinks were nice and strong. It was the perfect end to a crappy day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hmm.KippsmithersDined on 9/2/2014I've heard about this restaurant before. The portions don't add up to the menu pricing. That was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Great food, service and atmosphere. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We have been to Negri Village several times and they never disappoint. The food was excellent the service was good and the ambiance inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Food!ExcellentDined on 8/27/2014I've been to Negril's a few times and every time I go, I'm never disappointed in the food. I went to celebrate my birthday with my sisters and friends. We all ordered different foods so we could pick off each other and try new things. Nothing was a disappointment!! I can't wait until my next visit.Special Features:
- Pricey2pricey4regulardiningDined on 8/24/2014The entire experience was good, but compared to other Caribbean restaurants, this was over priced for the quantity of food they give you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and service!safoodieDined on 8/24/2014The food was really good! Gabriel was a great server! We will definitely be back next time we are in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!sweetajDined on 8/22/2014I went here with my sister and friend to celebrate her birthday and we had reservations on a Friday night. We were late but they seated us right away, which was great. The food was excellent and the party downstairs was great with a great mixed crowd and lively dj. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great spot!AllygemDined on 8/22/2014If you're visiting New York and have a taste for Caribbean food, this is the place to chooseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2014Food is Excellent as always! Definitely recommend this spot to anyone who loves Caribbean food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good West Indian foodVincyboiDined on 8/19/2014Love this spot convenient location, good food, excellent service. Food comes out on time and no attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014The food is impressive as usual but what blew my mind is I was there to celebrate my anniversary and they wished us a Happy Anniversary when we got there and then surprised us with a tray of sample deserts which the manager delivered himself!! Now that is great customer serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!AshCraftVIPDined on 8/17/2014A friend and I visited Negril Village for Sunday Brunch! We shared the shrimp & grits and banana french toast. They were both amazing, simply delicious! We were pretty full, both decided to try the bread pudding for dessert. I'm not sure whether I enjoyed the bread pudding or the rum ice cream the most! On top of a great meal, our server and wait staff were amazing! They checked on us regular and made great recommendations when we asked about menu items. I will certainly be dining at Negril Village again, next time for dinner!Special Features:
- Dinner @ NegrilMissDee2013Dined on 8/16/2014The food was AMAZING! This was my second time going and it was better than the first!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaygirlDined on 8/12/2014The waiter was excellent. He made my birthday a little more special with dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Island FoodSupaSamDined on 8/10/2014I can truly say that Negril Village is one of the best restaurants in New York City.Special Features:
- A Gem! Flavor and AmbienceJAMERICADined on 8/5/2014An elegant, multilevel West Indian restaurant with a lounge on the lower level that offers a delightful dining experience in terms of ambiance, and exceptional dishes! Meals were exceptional. We enjoyed guava glazed wings, sample plate of oxtail, jerk & goat with r&p. The salad (mango with walnut, blue cheese and sweet vinaigrette) was a bit drenched in dressing and I had blue cheese excluded but apart from this, Thank you for this experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed.NekaDined on 8/3/2014I guess I went to Negrils with too high of an expectation. Customer service was GREAT. However The food was OK.. The can sodas were flat and $3 a can.. To top it off, A roach was crawling by our wall/seat . The host told the manager & the manager came over to apologize and took care of our bill + shots & desserts. Their customer service definitely outweighed everything. Even though I didn't have such a good experience and highly doubt I'll return for dinner , It was cool. Maybe I'll just head for the lounge next time :).
- Couldn't Be BetterAphoDined on 8/2/2014Heard Negril Village was super for Caribbean styled food. We were not disappointed! Terrific wait staff...and although the place was packed (always a good sign) we were served very quickly and patiently...we had a lot of questions about the definitions of ingredients that we were not accustomed to and needed help! Food was delicious, cocktails amazing and service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great !AnjiDined on 8/2/2014The food was amazing , the staff was friendly and timely !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodluv2dineDined on 8/2/2014Had an hour wait but when we finally were seated the service was great and so was the food. Only wish the portions were a little larger, especially for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great date nightLuv2dateDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I had a reservation and were seated quickly. The food and drinks were unbelievably good! It's a little pricy, but worth the cost to have a memorable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a HitRedefinedivyDined on 8/1/2014As always Negril Village was a hit! The food is great! The only thing is that it is always packed and the wait can be long even with a reservation. But once you sit down to eat the food, you forget the wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service .. Except ...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014The service is great, I made a reservation on the phone but the hostess was very impolite and seemed like she didn't have time for me. In person there were two hostesses they both seemed friendly , I only suggest they work on their phone manners. (She was rude).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.