30 North Ave
Atlanta, GA 30308Neighborhood:
CaribbeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.negrilvillageatl.com/
- Phone: 4044647159x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch- Tue thru Fri 11am to 3:30pm
Brunch- Sat and Sun 11am to 4pm
Dinner- Tue thru Thur 5pm to 10pm, Fri and Sat 5pm to 11pm, Sun 4pm to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean
- Executive Chef: Kingsley John
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full Catering available.
- Private Party Facilities: Huge, beautiful upstairs ,private dining area. Including your private bar and kitchen. Great for any private event or corporate meeting. VIP space available.
- Private Party Contact: Christine Thompson 4044647159x
- Entertainment: Live music on the upper level during special events.
- Special Events: Ask about our special events space.
- Cross Street: West Peachtree
- Public Transit: Located right next door to the North Avenue Marta train station. within walking distance from the Fox Theatre!
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Parking available across the street at Bank of America, enter on North Avenue side, $3.00, after 5pm.:
A word from Negril Village
Located in the heart of Midtown Atlanta, Negril Village promises to entertain your soul as well as your palette in a elegant & classy environment. The latest installment in the Negril chain specializes in Nu Caribbean cuisine or what is dubbed “New York Savvy Caribbean cuisine”. The menu embraces the cooking styles and techniques of destinations such as Trinidad (i.e. Chicken Roti), Puerto Rico (i.e. Island Paella), and of course Jamaica (i.e. Jerk Chicken and Ackee). Set on two levels, the restaurants décor can be described as warm and elegant. The spacious dining room, on the upper level, boasts hardwood floors and exposed brick walls; while the dining area, on the lower level, warms you with its Spectacular woodwork ,cathedral ceilings, and wonderful artwork.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Negril Village reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (40)good for groups (34)special occasion (31)neighborhood gem (31)romantic (29)fit for foodies (27)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (22)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (19)late-night find (14)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Our group really enjoyed our dinner Saturday night. The service, music and food were great! I would recommend it to anyone. The ackee tostones were one of my favorite items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD AND VENUEHailToTheRedskinsVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great place, great food, our waiter KEN was amazing. Disregard all the negative comments on Yelp, the place just opened 4 months ago. My wife and I went there for a date night this past Saturday (8/16/2014) and we were very glad we took the chance and went. Amazing food, service and atmosphere. The owner stopped by several times to check on us to make sure we were OK, can't get any better. Just go and give them a shot, you will not regret it. CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- could be so much better.StepitupDined on 8/9/2014We had a party of 8 and some of the main dishes were very skimpy on the meat for $25 plate. The servers looked like cafeteria workers instead of working in a nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portion IssueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014The food was very good but the portions were off. On our first visit we had the oxtails on the brunch menu. We noticed the steep increase in price for the oxtails on the dinner menu. So we asked our server about it and were told that the count of oxtails is greater for dinner so that was why there was such an increase in cost. We were told it was 6 pieces for brunch and 9 pieces for dinner. Well, we only got 6 pieces on our plate for dinner. We were annoyed that we had to address this with our server but she apologized and brought out more oxtails for us. Be careful of portions at this place! Other than that it was a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Negril Village Experience...SavortheFlavorDined on 8/6/2014Heard about Negril Village from a salesperson in Lenox Mall on Sunday and decided to dine there on Wednesday. Great choice! The Whole Red Snapper was delish -- prepared with perfection! The decor is quite charming -- nice ambiance. We took a stroll upstairs to the private dining room and found it to be more than a dining room, but a really lovely area, with bar, that would be great for special events! Didn't have room for dessert this time, but I'll be back for the Bread Pudding! Glad to know Negril Village is in my neighborhood -- hope it's there to stay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is HorribleENCGVIPDined on 8/1/2014The service is very slow. When the waitress does not like what you have to say about the horrible service they confront you and TRY to intimidate you. I would stay away from this restaurant. Hopefully the owner will hire new waitresses and the service will get better.
- AwesomeFashionFoodieDined on 7/26/2014I recently visited with a small party to celebrate my birthday. My reservations were for 6:30 but due to members of my party arriving late, we were at 7:00. The service was great. The bartender, Mike, was so kind and friendly. He made me get a "ting-a-ling"! Our server (I forgot her name) was a pleasure from start to finish. Everyone's meal was delectable from the island shrimp and grits to the jerk chicken and oxtails. No one's plate had food left! The rum bread pudding is off the charts and the macaroni and cheese...just try it. It is positively divine. Even though some dishes may have a southern twist on them, they are still good. I spoke to a manager about our outstanding experience but I had to share it again. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre concert mealmimidinesfineDined on 7/22/2014We had reservations for 6 pm and got there about 20 minutes early on a Tuesday. No problem getting a seat. The server was very welcoming and the food excellent. We had chicken and pork jerk dinners respectively. They were great with the rice, beans and plantains. The mango mojito was one the best cocktails I've had. Beautiful, classy restaurant. Would definitely return!Special Features:
- Good Little SpotCaribfoodieDined on 7/19/2014Restaurant has very good Caribbean food. This is a relatively new restaurant. I recommend this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic food!Alexandra1Dined on 7/18/2014This is a lovely restaurant in midtown. The food is outstanding! The restaurant has only been open 3 weeks and it was packed pn a Friday night. Had jerk chicken, friend had jerk steak and it was awesome! Will be coming back often!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Out!FoodMayorDined on 7/18/2014We had a group of 6 (3 couples) and had a great time. I had been to the restaurant before, but it was a first time for our friends and they commented several times throughout the evening about how impressed they were. They loved the decor, food, music and liveliness of the restaurant. We even had additional drinks in the upstairs lounge after the dinner and everyone was taken over by the beautiful space. Nice addition to the Atlanta dining scene!!Special Features:
- It was clean,upscale And sexyTrevDined on 7/13/2014Awesome great ambience food music. Great hang out spot sexy. We saw a celebrity while there. Overall fAntastic we will be back when In atlSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!MiMiDined on 7/12/2014This was my second time visiting and the food was great. Would definitely visit again and again.Special Features:
- Nice vibe and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014The food is well prepared and presented, the atmosphere is beautiful, and tunes well selected. The Ginger Chicken was succulent and the Full Goat was tasty. The mac-and-cheese is really rich but good. I recommend a bit of patience/creativity for the parking situation. Things seemed to run on "island time" as far as customer service so be prepared to sidle up to the bar for some creative drinks from the pleasant bartenders.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs workKeenaDined on 7/12/2014Waiters need tables numbered as bus boys keep bringing the food to the wrong tables. Ambiance is nice but i mad 9PM reservations and they didnt have a table ready for me only option was the bar or sitting outside which i didnt want to but did as we had no other option. Spoons didn't come out with desert and bus boy brought them out to the wrong table. Food was good but drinks took too long &we didnt even order alcohol. parking is not good they dont have a lot for free you must pay to park no matter what. We Ended up happy didnt sit inside b/c music got louder at 930 and we wouldnt have been able to talk over it. Waiter did comp our desert due to us waiting ten minutes for the spoons. Waiter did try his best though and he did a good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Carib restaurantDeannaDined on 7/11/2014We had a great time and the food and service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CanoeVIPDined on 7/5/2014Brandy was our server & proved the some what negative service reviews wrong. Drinks were good but not island-great.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014This is a great vibrant spot to hang out after work. Love the Caribbean vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ServedUnableToServeDined on 6/22/2014Reservations were made via OpenTable only to be turned away upon our arrival. To bad the customer service isn't as good as the food.
- Not prepareHopefulDined on 6/22/2014The restaurant is very Georgous inside and the outside area is beautiful. The service was horrible since the restaurant did not prepared for a large crowd on Sunday June 22. I made reservations for nothing.Special Features:
- Bland FoodMythoughtsDined on 6/21/2014The decor was wonderful. The ginger beer and sorrel was spot on. The greeter though needed an attitude adjustment, not sure what had her so upset. Our waitress was very helpful and nice. Things started off well with the appetizer but went down hill after that. The snapper and jerk steak was very bland. I am not sure if they are trying to cater to a larger audience and forgot that West Indian food needs to be spicy. Since this is new spot I will give it some time to adjust. I think depending on the vibe might return to check out the lounge that will open up later in the evening on the weekends and check out a band.Special Features:
- Great Look!MochaMama42Dined on 6/21/2014Negril Village is in a great location walking distance from The Fox Theatre, North Ave train station, Ponce De Leon ( you have to pay to park)... The bathroom is up two flights of stairs and was sweltering hot, though I have to say, it's level of cleanliness is exemplary. Our server, though polite, wasn't big on listening and if asked what he recommended on the menu, only pushed the most expensive meals, as did two other servers I overheard at other tables. The bartender is awesome - - very attentive, and makes a great cocktail. The hostesses and waiters disappear way too often, and should be more attentive to the needs of the clients. There could be more options with vegetables on the menu. Beautiful aesthetic and very clean restaurant.Special Features:
- OutstandingEatDrinkLiveVIPDined on 6/20/2014I loved everything about my experience here! I will definitely go again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful AmbianceWendyDined on 6/15/2014Good Food... Horrible Service. I read reviews before going and they all said the same thing. The great thing is that a new manager was taking over and he promised when (if) we returned the service would be much better. I would be willing to give them another try. The club upstairs wasn't open yet, but I'm looking forward to trying that out too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. Service can improveAtlantafoodieDined on 6/14/2014I chose this restaurant because it advertised live music on Saturdays. I was disappointed when I arrived and learned there was no music. One of the waiters told me that it is something they hope to add. The website should say coming soon. The restaurant is nicely decorated but I did not like the bench style seating with small tables in front. I felt like I was sharing a table with the strangers seated next to me. I asked for a booth but was told it was reserved for a larger party. Good place for a group but if you are looking for an intimate private setting,this is not the place to go The food was good. For 22 dollars I got rice and a strip of salmon. I had to show the waiter the menu in order to get the plantains that came with the meal
- Great Find!RLRZ79Dined on 6/14/2014The restaurant is located in an old firehouse, reburbished as a modern dining experience with Jamacian jams and flare. Love this spot. It's not cramped or cluttered with tablrs stacked too closely - lots of open space for talking while listening to the island jams. Parking is perfect - right next to the restaurant. Pay $5 and that's it! Drinks were great, but some bread would have been good until our main course arrived. Great for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried to kill my wife....AdventerousEatingDined on 6/7/2014I understand that dining out when someone in the party has an anaphylaxic allergy is not easy... That said, knowledge about food allergies or the lack there of says a lot about the kitchen's skills, abilities, and food practices on the whole. My wife is highly allergic to dairy. This was stated in the comments section of our open table reservation so kitchen had plenty of time to prepare if they desired. However, this fact was new news to the host, waitstaff, and chef / kitchen. Their large menu, which had plenty of options that SHOULD have been able to be dairy free, was whittled down to one option: a grilled veggies and couscous dish... which then came out of the kitchen covered in cheese / dairy dressing. No apology was offered. Sad.Special Features:
- Great Spotfoodie2Dined on 6/6/2014Food was pretty good. The Hibiscus Margarita was AWESOME! My only complaint was there were no entrees with mac & cheese. Mac & cheese as a side is way too pricey for $10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will try againKimmieDined on 6/3/2014Nice restaurant, will give it another try. Our server was slightly overwhelmed and seem to forget about us. He was very apologetic. The band was great. Will go back and eat in the restaurant area, upstairs drinks only.Special Features:
- Great placeCamcamDined on 5/24/2014The service was great. The ambiance was nice with the music and the lighting. We went with a group of 11 for my daughter's graduation and my mom's Birthday and the seating was intimate enough to allow us to have good conversation, but still allowed enough space to eat. The food and drinks were good. One if my guests said the Snapper could have been seasoned a little better and another guest would have preferred more in tails with his order. The vegetarian selections were delicious. Overall the food was great. Everyone was pleased with their meals and the drinks. Will definitely go back. The prices were also a plus, expected to pay way more than we did for eleven people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- get foodEnglishDined on 5/10/2014from the time we arrived at the restaurant greeteed warmly, service by Aaron was great, he was very knowledgable and kept the drinks flowing. When my mom says she loves the oxtail i must give it an A+. Was falling off the boneSpecial Features:
- Closed on Monday'sMondayBluesDined on 5/5/2014We arrived for our 6:30pm reservation and it was closed on Mondays. We parked down the street and had to walk back to car lot and pay.Special Features:
- Get Ready Atlanta!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2014A great new up and coming restaurant in Atlanta - the right Caribbean theme!Special Features:
- mdBillDined on 5/2/2014Excellent Jamaican/caribbean meal, great service nice ambience. Highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Jamaica in AtlantalawyerdinerVIPDined on 5/2/2014Negril Village is "THE" upscale Jamaican dining spot in the ATL. Great ambiance, great food & service and the decor competes with any other upscale restaurant in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok. But try againlb2014Dined on 4/30/2014The ambience was great! Live music, beautiful space, good atmosphere only wished the food matched it. We sat upstairs and the menu was extremely limited to just a few items. I would try again but only in the main area so I can try the full menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!Luv2eatgoodDined on 4/26/2014I can say I have had a lot of dinging experiences and this was definitely on the top of the list. From the parking to the end was just absolutely the best. I was taking my mom out for her 80th birthday and everyone treated the occasion like it was special, as it was to me. The food choices there are excellent and take you to a Caribbean journey. The menu is offering so much of my favorite dishes that I know I have to return to be able to enjoy them all. I had curry goat stew and my mom had lobster/shrimp an grits and they were both awesome. They even have Roti! They will see me again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new place near the FoxTom2MickiVIPDined on 4/25/2014Had dinner here prior to attending The Lion King at the Fox with my wife and 11 year old daughter. First, the location is within walking distance of the Fox. The building is inviting with a large bar area and an airy, open dining area. There is an inviting patio out front as well. There is an interesting and innovative cocktail list and the food is outstanding. My daughter had the Mac & Cheese which she proclaimed to be the best she has ever had. It was actually one of the best I have ever tried as well. The Jerk Chicken was awesome as well. You must also try the Bread Pudding. The staff and service were excellent, above expectation. I would highly recommend Negril Village. We will certainly visit again.Special Features:
- The following 9 reviews are from the Negril Village reviews archive.
- Much better than expectedDesdeDined on 4/15/2014My wife and I went to Negril Village before seeing The Lion King at the Fox. We had delayed getting dinner reservations until the day of the performance and we wanted a place close to the Fox because the weather was so bad. We didn't have high expectations. Boy, were we pleasantly surprised! The service was great. The sangria was delicious. Our entrees (one chicken dish and one lobster dish) were just right. And the bread pudding we shared topped off the meal perfectly. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday DinnerBigL73Dined on 4/13/2014There were a couple of issues I experienced. We were given wrong appetizer order. We order Jerk Shrimp and was given Jerk chicken wings. The waiter apologize for mistake and let us have the Jerk chicken wings. The wings were a little too fatty for my liking. The Jerk shrimp was excellent. I had 1/2 chicken jerk chicken with rice and peas. Also, I ordered a side of grilled vegetables. The 1/2 chicken is very big. I enjoyed my meal. My fiancée had jerk salmon with rice and peas. She enjoyed her meal as well. We were a little disappointed that their menu is not the same as online. I was looking forward to having brown stew chicken or curry chicken. The waiter indicated that they will look to add these additional items later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.