Neely's Barbecue Parlor
1125 1st avenue
New York, NY 10005Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Neely's Barbecue Parlor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.neelysbbqparlor.com/
- Phone: (212) 832-1551
- Hours of Operation:
Mon -Tues: 4:00pm-11:00pm, Wed-Fri: 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sat: 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun: 11:00am-10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Barbecue, Soul food
- Executive Chef: Pat and Gina Neely
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Providing a unique Southern-style dining experience, Neely’s BBQ Parlor has several private dining rooms available to accommodate a variety of event types.
- Private Party Contact: Arsham Kamali 8774238997
A word from Neely's Barbecue Parlor
Abraham Merchant, Richard Cohn and Andy Emmet, principals of Merchants Hospitality Inc., have partnered up with celebrated restaurateurs and stars of "Down Home with the Neelys", Gina and Pat Neely, to launch Neely's Barbecue Parlor, featuring the Neely's authentic barbecue cuisine, Southern fare and so much more!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Neely's Barbecue Parlor reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (37)fit for foodies (24)great for lunch (20)neighborhood gem (16)kid-friendly (16)great for brunch (15)special occasion (14)romantic (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- A little south in the city.SouthernCityStyleDined on 11/15/2014Food was great, staple dishes made up the menu for southern cuisine. The parol was decorated like a southern dive bar with a nice twist. Would go back for lunch or brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!MrsLindaDined on 11/14/2014While the restaurant was quiet, the Jazz being played put you right in the mood for BBQ. Food was out of this world. Fried pickles and hush puppies! Life is good! Fried chicken was so moist while being spent crispy. Not greasy at all. And the smoked brisket melted in your mouth. Can't wait to go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experience this time aroundSJR1VIPDined on 11/11/2014I took a group of 10 coworkers here that were from out of town since I knew the menu would have something to satisfy everyone. I've been here more times than I can remember and while the service can be slow the quality of the food tends to make up for that. Unfortunately, this night half of our food was dropped on the floor on the way from the kitchen which left half of us waiting while the others ate. Once all the food was brought out it was average at best, probably because they rushed the entrees out. We weren't offered any sort of accommodation in the form of complimentary drinks, dessert or even a break on one of the meals. To make matters worse, it wasn't until the next day that we realized the server was essentially tipped twice since they already included the tip in the price. That should have been disclosed or confirmed especially given the issue that we had that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like Mama's CookingMaursVIPDined on 11/11/2014I was totally surprised how amazing might night was, every item we had from sliders , salmon, ribs, and yummy apple cobbler was over the top. The service was outstanding. This is certainly a place i will go back to.
- NEEly'sMemeVIPDined on 11/2/2014Great food--excellent service--enjoyed by small groups and families alikeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barbecue plusbetfoodieDined on 11/2/2014Noted already for southern cooking, I would highly recommend Neely's. I do wish they had less sauce on the briscuit hash, but I want to go back and experience more dishes. I work in the neighborhood and have always wanted to eat there, and now I want to go back more often.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014plenty of choices, i thought the food was very good overall and would come back againSpecial Features:
- BBQ HeavenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Love anything that comes out of this kitchen BBQ'ed!! What a wonderful place to "get your southern on" in the heart of Manhattan!Special Features:
- Great experience!SahmDined on 10/25/2014Thanks for the warm greeting, great food and soulful ambience! We had a great brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service...Good Food!Luv2DineNYCDined on 10/23/2014I enjoyed taking my client to lunch at the Neely's Barbecue Parlor. We both had a good time. This servings were generous and the food was tasty. The location is a little off the beaten path, there is a lot of stair climbing, therefore, it is not handicap accessible, but the decor is lovely with its muted colors. It would be a nice go to place to meet friends on a late night. Definitely a spot for a young crowd.Special Features:
- Still challenged by operationsDavidHDined on 10/19/2014Service continues to be challenged. They are always out of items, in particular, draft beer. The food quality remains good. I think they need new management.Special Features:
- Special meal for a special dayMBPerspectivesVIPDined on 10/19/2014My husband and I decided to go to Neely's for our wedding anniversary and thought a brunch would do us some good. What should have been a 2 person brunch turned into 4 as when my mom and good friend heard we were going, they begged to come along. The flavor of the food, particularly the Briskey Hash and eggs was, was so delicious and filling as well as their mac n cheese and fried chicken. The service was so delightful and helpful with menu choices and changes. The ambience was perfect for a lovely afternoon brunch. I would recommend Neely's for brunch and dinner, as it is affordable and you leave feeling quite satisfied.Special Features:
- fun for allOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Everything was great from the staff to the food next time I am in new York I will make neelys a place to stop in thank u for making my brothers nite sp2Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BBQMarySunshineDined on 10/7/2014We went with another couple, and we all ordered ribs. Everyone agreed that the ribs were the BEST we've had in a long time. I ordered the Passion Fruit Lemonade, and it was absolutely delicious! We hope your restaurant will continue to deliver your fine quality food, and we will continue to eat at Neely's as long as you do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Travelzoo DisappointmentdgzportDined on 9/23/2014Used a Travelzoo voucher and was very disappointed with the bill, definitely not a savings for fair food. Proceed with caution when using these vouchers because you aren't able to order "all" appetizers that are specifically noted on the voucher (shrimp and grits). The manager and food runner were very friendly, the server was rude. I love the Neeley's but was very disappointed.
- Great RestrauntOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/17/2014I enjoy my time at Neely's. The food was very tasty. I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ = WOWLiaChapDined on 9/7/2014The food and service was absolutely amazing! There wasn't any dish we ordered that we didn't like. Finger-licking, lip-smacking good. The two drinks that we ordered were so-so (sangria and peach frozen margarita)...but we drank them anyway. I think the owner was there walking around all the time - she looked like the woman in the photo by the door (not quite sure). Very friendly :-DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS!!LuveatingoutDined on 9/3/2014My first time at Neely's and I was impressed. The entre that I ordered was delicious . The portions were ok but I prefer to order the sides. The portion size was more. The sweet potatoes were great and my nephew really enjoyed the fried chicken. The ambiance was perfect , nice window view, bathrooms contemporary and clean, and the lounge/bar area appeared really nice and relaxing. One word PEACH COBBLER👍 I am looking forward to returning for dinner. Thank Neely's for the excellent table service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very mediocreeatsoutVIPDined on 8/28/2014This restaurant seemed appropriate for a theme park setting. I tried both the Kansas City and Memphis Baby Back ribs and both were dry.Special Features:
- Great for carnivoreslive2eatDined on 8/28/2014Out you live near, the meat here falls off the bone. However the cornbread was more "cake like" than I prefer. The hush puppies were dry inside. Drinks were excellent. Servers pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neeley'sFrenhsk8VIPDined on 8/22/2014After watching a segment on tv about barbecue, my husband and I had a craving for barbecue. We were planning on having a late lunch so we hopped on the bus to go to Neeley's. we have been to this restaurant numerous times, often with friends. We were pleasantly surprised to see a price-fixe lunch menu. Everything was delicious. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughter/Mother Dinner #AWESOMETammyYDined on 8/18/2014I took my daughter here for our bi-weekly mother and daughter dinner. The food was outstanding and so was the service. "This is the best bbq chicken i have ever eaten at a soul food restaurant" my daughter words exactly…fyi she's a young adult (22 yrs old) and a picky eater. Great Job Pat and Gina Neely. #outstanding FYI: There's a cigar inn downstairs!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Fair BBQHappyCamperDined on 8/18/2014Ribs were meaty and tasty, but a bit overcooked. Brisket dry and no choice of lean, matble-ized or fatty...... if you want to be a barbecue place in a city like NYC where there are great choices of brisket like BLUE SMOKE and HILL COUNTRY.... then you must pay more attention to the quality of the MEAT! But shrimp and grits were really tasty as were the mac and cheese and the chocolate cake.Special Features:
- great brunchAmz422VIPDined on 8/17/2014Not too crowded, we had a large party with a toddler and baby, so they were very accommodating. The service was excellent and leisurely, and the food was great. Good sized portions. Would recommend!Special Features:
- Simple SurpriseBuddingRoseDined on 8/16/2014A group of 7 of us were up in NYC for shopping, a play and nice lunch. After looking around we decided to visit with the Neely's establishment. We we pleasantly surprised? As often "celebrity" spots are not worth all the "humbug" and lack that star factor for food and service. However, our group enjoyed the time we spent and the ambiance. It was later lunch and the place was moderately quite, with a mix of group /couples. Our order included the salmon , pulled chicken sandwich, BBQ Mix of Chicken and Ribs entrees, accompanied by corn bread(delish), greens, flavored lemonades (refreshing). Overall, we enjoyed our meal in the semi private room we were seated (nice). Our waiter was very helpful and pleasant. We would eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Southern FoodRichDined on 8/13/2014For those who enjoy Southern cooking, or would like to try some, this restaurant is an excellent choice. Our family lived down South for many years before relocating to Manhattan. This restaurant offers the real thing, without having to leave the city.Special Features:
- Southern food with a kickTeensfromSeattleDined on 8/12/2014I went to Neely's with my 15 year old nieces. We were greeted warmly and seated immediately. We were heading to a movie in 90 minutes and the waiter accommodated us with a smile. We ordered fried green tomatoes, pullled Pork sliders, deviled eggs, wedge salad, baked beans and Mac and cheese. Everything was beyond our expectations. We agreed that we'd go there every week. We were finished in an hour-start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/6/2014Incredible food, drinks and great service, even with a pre-paid Gilt City voucher. We loved all of our food. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- left a lot to be desiredcorazon555Dined on 8/3/2014The food not bad, but unremarkable - as in it was maybe a step up from something you could have at Applebees. The ambiance and staff were very pleasant.
- FadingpickydinerDined on 8/3/2014They've raised the prices and reduced the portions here. They were severly understaffed so service suffered. Used to be better!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried ChickenNightowlDined on 7/31/2014We normally order the ribs which we always enjoy. This time we ordered the fried chicken which we found very salty. I did have a headache the following morning which I contribute to the chicken. Next time we visit, we will go back to the ribs.Special Features:
- The following 918 reviews are from the Neely's Barbecue Parlor reviews archive.
- Skip itNeedlessDined on 7/28/2014Food was not what I expected at all. Bland and the mashed potatoes tasted like boxed. Chicken fried steak was like frozen. Exception was the BBQ pork platter heard it was great.
- MrBatemanVIPDined on 7/21/2014I went out to dinner yesterday night here and it was just delightful. The brisket and mac & cheeseSpecial Features:
- Finger lickin' goodhelenenycDined on 7/16/2014The food was great. My friends and I each had a dinner but ordered some additional sides. What a treat it was to taste so many things. Our waiter was excellent and answered all of our questions. We were celebrating a birthday and it was the best choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysSJR1VIPDined on 7/15/2014Went with the Pork Sampler and the full rack of Baby Back Ribs again. There might have been a little too much sauce on some of the ribs in the sampler but they were still good. I've never seen so much meat on a Baby Back rib before. Cooked properly and no, if the meat falls off the bone that tells you it has been cooked wrong. These are tender and the meat comes off when you want it to. Neely's seems to be the only place that cooks Brussels Sprouts properly, too. Done just right without being burned. Same good service I've received every time I am there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Pricey - Small PortionsbrunchfoodieDined on 7/13/2014This place was way overpriced for such small portions .... and where was the complimentary bread or toast that typically comes with brunch???? I can't justify why I spent $61 dollars on eggs, sausage, 1 drink and 1 side ... it's just so ridiculous no matter how famous the owners are ... I will never go back they're again and neither will anyone I know!!!
- MediocreKameleonVIPDined on 7/12/2014Not fabulous but not horrible. A mediocre dining experience.Special Features:
- great place !Luv2GoDined on 7/8/2014We love the restaurant. good for families and dates ! The food is awesome and authentic ! Only thing, it's a Soul Food Restaurant and what's a Soul Food Meal without at least a small piece of complimentary CORNBREAD !!! In addition, the restaurant does not have wheelchair accessibility and is not user friendly with anyone who uses a walker or some sort of medical hardship as arthritis. The dining room is upstairs...loosing a some patrons who also love and enjoy the cuisine. Other than that, the place and service is great !Special Features:
- check out the ribsCapitalFoodieDined on 7/8/2014If you are in the mood for BBQ ribs, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulcathyDined on 7/6/2014i really reccomend this place. the food was awesome and tasty. the ribs and chicken is to die for. i didn't care for the drinks. i had the neely's favorite which wasn't mine apparently and the slide door drink which was a bit strong so that was a hit or miss. overall, the service was nice and the food was great! this was my 3rd time going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.