Neely's Barbecue Parlor
1125 1st avenue
New York, NY 10005Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Neely's Barbecue Parlor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.neelysbbqparlor.com/
- Phone: 2128321551x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon -Tues: 4:00pm-11:00pm, Wed-Fri: 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sat: 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun: 11:00am-10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Barbecue, Soul food
- Executive Chef: Pat and Gina Neely
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Providing a unique Southern-style dining experience, Neely’s BBQ Parlor has several private dining rooms available to accommodate a variety of event types.
- Private Party Contact: Arsham Kamali 8774238997
A word from Neely's Barbecue Parlor
Abraham Merchant, Richard Cohn and Andy Emmet, principals of Merchants Hospitality Inc., have partnered up with celebrated restaurateurs and stars of "Down Home with the Neelys", Gina and Pat Neely, to launch Neely's Barbecue Parlor, featuring the Neely's authentic barbecue cuisine, Southern fare and so much more!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBarbecue
Neely's Barbecue Parlor - Best Restaurants in Upper East Side ›
Neely's Barbecue Parlor reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (47)great for brunch (30)great for lunch (29)neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (26)kid-friendly (19)special occasion (18)great for outdoor dining (18)late-night find (12)hot spot (8)romantic (8)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (4)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Neeley'sFrenhsk8VIPDined on 8/22/2014After watching a segment on tv about barbecue, my husband and I had a craving for barbecue. We were planning on having a late lunch so we hopped on the bus to go to Neeley's. we have been to this restaurant numerous times, often with friends. We were pleasantly surprised to see a price-fixe lunch menu. Everything was delicious. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughter/Mother Dinner #AWESOMETammyYDined on 8/18/2014I took my daughter here for our bi-weekly mother and daughter dinner. The food was outstanding and so was the service. "This is the best bbq chicken i have ever eaten at a soul food restaurant" my daughter words exactly…fyi she's a young adult (22 yrs old) and a picky eater. Great Job Pat and Gina Neely. #outstanding FYI: There's a cigar inn downstairs!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Fair BBQHappyCamperDined on 8/18/2014Ribs were meaty and tasty, but a bit overcooked. Brisket dry and no choice of lean, matble-ized or fatty...... if you want to be a barbecue place in a city like NYC where there are great choices of brisket like BLUE SMOKE and HILL COUNTRY.... then you must pay more attention to the quality of the MEAT! But shrimp and grits were really tasty as were the mac and cheese and the chocolate cake.Special Features:
- great brunchAmz422VIPDined on 8/17/2014Not too crowded, we had a large party with a toddler and baby, so they were very accommodating. The service was excellent and leisurely, and the food was great. Good sized portions. Would recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent Southern FoodRichDined on 8/13/2014For those who enjoy Southern cooking, or would like to try some, this restaurant is an excellent choice. Our family lived down South for many years before relocating to Manhattan. This restaurant offers the real thing, without having to leave the city.Special Features:
- Southern food with a kickTeensfromSeattleDined on 8/12/2014I went to Neely's with my 15 year old nieces. We were greeted warmly and seated immediately. We were heading to a movie in 90 minutes and the waiter accommodated us with a smile. We ordered fried green tomatoes, pullled Pork sliders, deviled eggs, wedge salad, baked beans and Mac and cheese. Everything was beyond our expectations. We agreed that we'd go there every week. We were finished in an hour-start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/6/2014Incredible food, drinks and great service, even with a pre-paid Gilt City voucher. We loved all of our food. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- left a lot to be desiredcorazon555Dined on 8/3/2014The food not bad, but unremarkable - as in it was maybe a step up from something you could have at Applebees. The ambiance and staff were very pleasant.
- FadingpickydinerDined on 8/3/2014They've raised the prices and reduced the portions here. They were severly understaffed so service suffered. Used to be better!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried ChickenNightowlDined on 7/31/2014We normally order the ribs which we always enjoy. This time we ordered the fried chicken which we found very salty. I did have a headache the following morning which I contribute to the chicken. Next time we visit, we will go back to the ribs.Special Features:
- Skip itNeedlessDined on 7/28/2014Food was not what I expected at all. Bland and the mashed potatoes tasted like boxed. Chicken fried steak was like frozen. Exception was the BBQ pork platter heard it was great.
- MrBatemanVIPDined on 7/21/2014I went out to dinner yesterday night here and it was just delightful. The brisket and mac & cheeseSpecial Features:
- Finger lickin' goodhelenenycDined on 7/16/2014The food was great. My friends and I each had a dinner but ordered some additional sides. What a treat it was to taste so many things. Our waiter was excellent and answered all of our questions. We were celebrating a birthday and it was the best choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysSJR1VIPDined on 7/15/2014Went with the Pork Sampler and the full rack of Baby Back Ribs again. There might have been a little too much sauce on some of the ribs in the sampler but they were still good. I've never seen so much meat on a Baby Back rib before. Cooked properly and no, if the meat falls off the bone that tells you it has been cooked wrong. These are tender and the meat comes off when you want it to. Neely's seems to be the only place that cooks Brussels Sprouts properly, too. Done just right without being burned. Same good service I've received every time I am there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Pricey - Small PortionsbrunchfoodieDined on 7/13/2014This place was way overpriced for such small portions .... and where was the complimentary bread or toast that typically comes with brunch???? I can't justify why I spent $61 dollars on eggs, sausage, 1 drink and 1 side ... it's just so ridiculous no matter how famous the owners are ... I will never go back they're again and neither will anyone I know!!!
- MediocreKameleonVIPDined on 7/12/2014Not fabulous but not horrible. A mediocre dining experience.Special Features:
- great place !Luv2GoDined on 7/8/2014We love the restaurant. good for families and dates ! The food is awesome and authentic ! Only thing, it's a Soul Food Restaurant and what's a Soul Food Meal without at least a small piece of complimentary CORNBREAD !!! In addition, the restaurant does not have wheelchair accessibility and is not user friendly with anyone who uses a walker or some sort of medical hardship as arthritis. The dining room is upstairs...loosing a some patrons who also love and enjoy the cuisine. Other than that, the place and service is great !Special Features:
- check out the ribsCapitalFoodieDined on 7/8/2014If you are in the mood for BBQ ribs, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulcathyDined on 7/6/2014i really reccomend this place. the food was awesome and tasty. the ribs and chicken is to die for. i didn't care for the drinks. i had the neely's favorite which wasn't mine apparently and the slide door drink which was a bit strong so that was a hit or miss. overall, the service was nice and the food was great! this was my 3rd time going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JandJ4755VIPDined on 7/6/2014My husband loves BBQ joints. This was one of the better ones that we have gone to. We will be back.Special Features:
- Poor Soul FoodSoulFoodGrownDined on 7/4/2014I was excited to go to the Neely's restaurant because I was a huge fan of their tv show. Once there I and my party were kindly seated. There were a few other parties already there. We were seated quickly. Since she and I are both African Americans which means our family ancestry comes out of the deep south, and we both grew up on soul food. The first thing we noticed was that the menu was seriously lacking in the soul department. I ordered baby back ribs, mac n cheese and collard greens. It was all horrible. I am so disappointed with the Neely's and will be saying it to all the soul food, bbq lovers I know. Sorry Neely's but it all sucked accept the drinks!Special Features:
- TOO LOUDkp22Dined on 6/26/2014The server we had was great, the manager was great when came upon him outside but the noise level was too much which impeded my enjoyment. Wish were better choices of appetizers.Special Features:
- Great food, Horrendous ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2014My husband and I decided to take our 5 year old here for her Graduation dinner the other night. While the food was great, the service was honestly the worst I ever had in my life. Our waiter Ossama completely ignored us the entire evening and would continually check on his other tables and not ours. Service like that is unacceptable. And then we alerted the floor manager to the situation, all we got is a sorry about that, here's your pie and check. And to add insult to injury, he didn't at least have the courtesy to come say sorry or have a nice night. He completely ignored us as we left. Very disappointing experience.
- Management problemsDavidHDined on 6/24/2014Neely's is not well run. They have had consistently slow service, are regularly out of items, and are under staffed. The menu and the food are overall pretty good. After 5 visits I feel like I am taking my chances on a positive experience when I go there.Special Features:
- yummylallvlaDined on 6/19/2014We were there for lunch. They have a regular me no and s prix fixed menu which is a great value. Food was delicious. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected More from the Neely'sbigfineDined on 6/14/2014The friend chicken and collard greens lacked seasoning to me. And, they used canned peaches for the peach cobbler. The apple pie was served cold. The sofas were stained and they crammed us in the back with three other couples despite there being plenty of open tables on the floor. The catfish bites and fried green tomatoes were good. But, not enough for me to go back.
- WHAT!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014I do not understand how this place is not PACKED for brunch!!!! I try and go here at least twice a month if possible. The chicken and waffles are AMAZING!!!!! Best that I have ever had, and yes I have been to the south. But why go south when they brought the south here. The drinks are AMAZING as well. The Tennessee Honey Julep is soooooo nice. Refreshing and not overloaded with booze. It just works. Eat here, for real!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Repeat VisitMaggieVIPDined on 6/13/2014Having dined at Neeley's for the first time last fall, my mother and I couldn't wait to return and bring friends. It was our first choice when deciding on a location to celebrate my birthday with friends. Everyone was so very pleased with our selections: fried green tomatoes, BBQ wings, blackened catfish, ribs sampler, coleslaw . . . and we had the mac n cheese for the first time -- Heaven on a fork! Our sweet treats were the peach cobbler (served warm w vanilla ice cream) and the red velvet cake. We'll definitely be returning, as will our friends who joined us. Kudos to the Neeley's on having one of the most consistently good BBQ joints in NYC!Special Features:
- Worth A Trip!LajulaDined on 6/7/2014I purchased a voucher from GILT, dinner for 4, $109 (would be @ 40% more w/o voucher). Included: 4 cocktails (whatever you want - wine, champagne, top shelf), 2 appetizers to share (the chicken wings are amazing!), 4 entrees (2 in our group had enough food for 3 nights! I had the short ribs which were very good, but not great) , 2 sides to share (mediocre greens, - very good mac and cheese), and a desert sampler (decent red velvet cake, too sweet apple pie). We also ordered sides of corn bread. Sooo glad we did as it was exceptional!!! Overall we were more than satisfied with our meals. I'm not sure I would have felt the same way at full price, but THIS deal was sweet! PS/ Loved our waiter.Special Features:
- In need of Service over haulTalk2MeDined on 6/1/2014Last Sunday was my 5th or 6th time dining at Neely's BBQ Parlor/I hosted a party of 8 out-of-town family and friends for brunch - while my party said the food was "okay" - the "service factor" of the dining experience was sorely lacking -- I was somewhat embarrassed as I had been raving about this place -- from crumbs on the table, to the server not getting most of the orders right and other little nick picky things that could have been avoided. A larger incident that should have had the Manager checking in with us - but no one showed their face to see if we were "okay with everything." I felt let down as I paid the almost $300 dollar bill - gratuities were automatically added, which is sad, because we received yada yada yada service!Special Features:
- Wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/26/2014That is exactly what they did....make us wait We were there on Memorial Day evening....they were not very busy but our food took for ever as did the serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodIrishdaysDined on 5/26/2014Best BBQ food. Beans out of this world. Everything was great. Place was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst reataurant manager everLovetotrynewplacesVIPDined on 5/25/2014We went to Neeley's last Saturday and had the weirdest experience. First the good new: the food was terrific. The barbecued meats were outstanding and the sides were delicious. Unfortunately the restaurant was way understaffed and the manager in charge was an incompetent dope who let her staff struggle with a ridiculous number of tables. Our waitress was lovely and did her best while this "manager" sniped and criticized. A good leader would have jumped in and helped but not this one. We, and all of the outside patrons waited for 15 minutes to place orders and 30 minutes for wine to arrive. The manager did nothing but patrol the sidewalk outside the dining area and never lifted a finger to help. It was a shameful performance.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2014The waiter was slow and did not offer assistance with the menu. The food did not impress us.
- Average quality and tasteTeachjjDined on 5/25/2014The Neely's broadcast with much more energy than the food and presentation. Came in from out-of-town to enjoy a special occasion. The service was mediocre. The outdoor dining looked more inviting than the indoor dining and seating. The menu didn't match what you would expect from the show. There was little evidence of the Neely brand. BBQ fan loved the ribs but those of us who chose other entrees were not wowed by the food.Special Features:
- Chaotic servicetaxjamVIPDined on 5/25/2014Staff seemed totally confused and unable to handle the people in the restaurant. One entree served cold. Took excessive amount of time to get check and another 10 minutes to get credit card returned and then only after I complained.
- Cocktail List HeavenDinoMiteDined on 5/24/2014This place has some of the best brunch cocktails I've seen in the city! Great selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and TastyTheQisSilent416Dined on 5/22/2014If you want great Southern food without traveling to Harlem, this is the place. Try the pulled pork and the Mac trio - the jalapeno variety, especially. The cornbread is also not to be missed. Great atmosphere with classic soul and RnB music playing in the background. The servers are very nice and attentive. The restaurant is beautiful, like a southern tea room. I loved the margaritas served in a mason jar - just another touch of the South. You get sharable-size portions also. I wasn't a huge fan of the vinegar taste of the collard greens, but everything else was absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Did not live up to expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/21/2014Had heard lots about this restaurant, but my expectations with regard to the ribs were 'way too high--needless to say, I was highly disappointed, especially since it's not a "joint," takeout or otherwise, and not inexpensive.
- Great Food !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014I was pleasantly surprised that the food lived up to the reputation. I brought my mom here for her Mothers Day gift and she LOVED every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.