Ned Devine's Irish Pub
1 Faneuil Hall
Boston, MA 02109Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ned Devine's Irish Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.neddevinesboston.com/
- Phone: 6172488800
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Thursday -Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Irish
- Executive Chef: Sean Ryan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout
- Entertainment: Ned Devine's features the cover bands from around the country every Friday and Saturday night. Also, the Improv Asylum presents 'All the Single Ladies' every Saturday night. Visit www.neddevinesboston.com/entertainment for more info and the full calendar.
A word from Ned Devine's Irish Pub
Ned Devine’s serves a modern spin on traditional pub dining. Stop by for lunch or dinner and sample comfort food favorites and reworked Irish classics paired with our ample selection of draft beers, wines and cocktails. Grab a light bite in the ground level bar of Quincy Market or relax in the inviting upper level dining room while you catch the game. Our menu includes "Best of Boston, 2012" clam chowder, a Boston Chowderfest Hall of Fame winner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ned Devine's Irish Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (2)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Not really IrishSkinnybikerDined on 10/9/2014This place was ok. Good for the crowd of people I showed up with. Food was adequate but nothing special. Prices were appropriate for the quality and amount of pub food served. What was weird about it though was that it didn't seem Irish, although it advertises itself as such. Only one Irish beer on tap or in bottle- the standard Guinness. No Gaelic music either. If you are looking for an Irish pub this is not it. Attentive wait staff though.Special Features:
- great waiterteach1VIPDined on 9/14/2014Our waiter was so nice and he really tried to help me find something that was Gluten Free. The clam chowder was fantastic, just like they said. The cobb salad was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good choiceHungrygirlDined on 7/26/2014We got a table by the window upstairs, which was fun because we were able to watch the street performers below while eating in air conditioned comfort. The food was good, I had a chopped salad which was outstanding (chicken, pine nuts, feta cheese over veggies) I asked for the dressing on the side. It was forgotten, but brought over graciously and promptly when I asked. They didn't have iced coffee but when I requested a glass of ice and coffee it was quickly accommodated. My son enjoyed the crab cakes. We didn't feel rushed, it was enjoyable and we would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timesLayla61Dined on 7/14/2014We had a great celebratory lunch for 7 people at Ned Devines. Most of the food was very good, but the Kobe Beef Sliders were disappointing. The decor is great, and the staff was nice. I'd definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 14 reviews are from the Ned Devine's Irish Pub reviews archive.
- Great spot to watch the World CupDerekDined on 6/16/2014We stumbled across Ned Devine's to catch a World Cup game. Food was very good (more creative than most pub food), service was great, and the environment was so good for watching soccer we went back two more times.Special Features:
- Worst experience in Boston Ever!!!JannaDined on 4/27/2014We had a nice business dinner for 10 with a great waitress, good food. Afterward, around 9:30, we walked 10ft to the bar. When we ordered a drink, the bartender puts her hand on the bar and says "I have to ask, how many rounds have you already had?" Now she was the bartender making our drinks so she knows that we each had one with dinner? After assuring her that we were only getting our second drink, she proceeded to berate our entire group, calls over the bouncer & manager. We get our drinks but now we've been advised that if want another we would have to go somewhere else, "there are many places that will let you drink to excess" This was a group of eye doctors & administrators. Completely rude, insulting & uncalled for behavior.
- DinnerRichBDined on 3/7/2014Our group of 13 was accommodated extreemly well at Ned Devine's. Our Waitress was on top of everything, punctual, all the orders were correct and the food was delicious. Meredith, the Manager, was very accomodating as well. A definite recommendation for anyone looking for a great location for dinner. Small or large group. And the Chowder was AMAZING!! Serving portions for the meals was perfect, and the apps were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Irish bar w great pub foodElaineDined on 12/30/2013Our server was MIA most of the night. She was obviously in the weeds, but at least she was apologetic about it when she did come around. The manager took a round of drinks off of our bill bc of the inconvenience. We would definitely give this place another try and recommend to friends. I think that she just had an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool placeKnightOfNiVIPDined on 11/1/2013Good local flavor. Award-winning Clam Chowder was worth buying. Did NOT like steak tips... way too salty and not good meat. 3-burger sliders were fine. Cool environment... bustling with activity... fun for families with high school kids and college students, but not a husband-wife place, unless you want that ambiance. Service was excellent... our waitress was right-on target and she gave us a few samples of beer to try. Nice job there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the visitJPBostonDined on 11/1/2013The waitress was horrible and made dining at Ned's a miserable experience for myself and my company that had just flown in from the Midwest. Neither the appetizers or entrees were worth the visit either. I would definitely not recommend this restaurant to any coworkers or friends in Boston.
- a very pleasant experiencefrenchgirlDined on 10/30/2013We took out of town English friends to Ned Devine's for lunch. I was a little worried when the hostess couldn't find our res on her computer, but it all worked out ok. We absolutely loved the restaurant and felt it had just the right ambiance for a restaurant around Faneuil Hall. The lunch was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful tourist destination stay awayworldtravellerVIPDined on 9/28/2013Food is ok, wildly overpriced (yes it is Faneuil hall but please). Would never go back.. watered down drinks and over priced food (which is really greasy
- Clam Chowder and Lobster RollsGoodFoodVIPDined on 8/18/2013My wife and I decided to drop in as we were walking the Freedom Trail and what a surprise it was. We walked in, after Open Table pointed us in this direction, and were seated promptly. We wanted to try the clam chowder and lobster rolls and found that combo in the lunch menu. They both were some of the most flavorful food we had in Boston and look forward to coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bachelorette Must!anet2184Dined on 8/17/2013As I was planning a bachelorette party for my sister, my friend recommended Ned Divine's and I'm glad I took his suggestion! The food was yummy, there were plenty of drinks to be had for all types of people, and the live entertainment was so much fun! The staff were very helpful and we had a memorable night of dancing after dinner! Spending it all in one place was much better & cheaper than hopping from bar to bar. It gave us more time for fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad for a tourist spotemma1frostVIPDined on 8/4/2013The clam chowder was pretty decent, but they ran out of Mac and Cheese during the dinner service. Not sure why they ran out in the middle of Sunday night dinner, but we got something else from their special Lobster Menu. The service was spotty. They ran out of tomato soup and had to make it fresh for my husband's order. His order then came a good 20 minutes after everyone else's food. It was a bit annoying, but we were meeting people from out of town and it was easy to meet up there. I don't think I would go back for the food, but for convenience and a place to meet people, it's ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good servicemickaelDined on 7/6/2013Service was good, even though the kitchen forgot an ingredient in the burger (after noticing it to the waitress, she fixed it though). The beer was room temperature. There was no A/C, by 94 degrees outside; just a huge fan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early DinnerNwptDined on 6/26/2013Great drinks. Loved the house-made potato chips and onion dip. The beef stew was very good. Two people ordered the steak strips which were tender and both cooked correctly. For an early dinner, the place was quiet so we could have an excellent conversation. Recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisastrousGregVIPDined on 5/26/2013There are so many restaurant options for Boston visitors to patron while in Faneuil Hall. Ned Divine's should NOT be one. After making a reservation, my party was essentially accosted by the bouncer blocking off the bar area of the restaurant (which is located on the bottom floor; the dining area is located on an entirely separate floor and has a separate staircase leading to it). The bouncer refused to let me go upstairs until I showed him my ID. While I am 25 and would gladly show any restaurant server or bartender my ID when required, this was not one of those cases it was immediately off putting. Upon being seated at the restaurant, our server came over to tell us they had NO chicken dishes or any of their popular items left. JUST AWFUL