Nectar Restaurant & Lounge
3555 Round Barn Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95403Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Nectar Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.santarosanectar.com/
- Phone: 7075695525x
- Hours of Operation:
For parties of 5 or more guests, please call 707-569-5525 for reservations.
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rene Jakushak
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Selected locations only, menus available upon request.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room with view for parties up to 10. Main dining room and terrace available for partial and full buyout through our Catering office.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Manager 7075695525x
- Special Events: Whether you are planning a wedding reception, birthday party, business dinner, or family gathering, we are here to meet all of your specific needs and offer an unforgettable dining experience.
A word from Nectar Restaurant & Lounge
Nectar Restaurant & Lounge offers a contemporary yet relaxing dining experience with picturesque views of the Santa Rosa Valley. Using Sonoma County products our Executive Chef Rene Jakushak has created a seasonal menu with intriguing ingredients. Try a bottle of wine from our extensive 100% Sonoma County wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Nectar Restaurant & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Santa Rosa ›
Nectar Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (21)scenic view (17)romantic (8)fit for foodies (7)special occasion (7)good for groups (7)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (6)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Dependable choice at HiltonFoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014Service- Great that includes hostess and our server Melissa Food- very good. Particularly meatloaf and prime rib. I only wish that items that were on the menu previously such as Lamb Duo and the Filet weren't taken off. They were excellent offerings and the current menu is a bit "boring"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar Menuyankee12VIPDined on 10/7/2014Bar menu is far superior to restaurant food. Bar menu is fresh and innovative. restaurant tastes likek warmed over conference center food.
- Hidden gemMkeen329Dined on 10/5/2014A group of 4 of us went for Sunday breakfast. The food was top notch and the views were peaceful. I'm so glad we had made reservations through Opentable. When we arrived there was a large crowd of people waiting to be seated. The wait was going to be about 45 minutes. I was worried we would be seated late because we had a flight to catch. When I walked up and mentioned the reservation and that we were a little early, she said our table is ready. Overall it was a perfect morning!Special Features:
- Large groups come firstLindylouDined on 10/4/2014The food was pretty good, but by the time our entrees arrived we just felt like boxing it all up. The restaurant was either understaffed or just incapable of handling private diners as well as 2 large groups. I take some responsibility because we were late for our reservation, and our waitress did apologize and explain the delay was due to the two large parties. We will probably try again some night, but will ask how busy they are first :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had to wait forever for our foodETinSLCDined on 10/3/2014We did get to this restaurant in the Hilton Hotel and was seated at a beautiful patio. However, after that the meal went bad. The server took a very long time to even acknowledge and then finally take our order. Then after some wait to get our salads we had to wait for about an hour to get our entrees. This was pathetic! Every one around us seemed to be served first and the restaurants excuse was that a large table on the other side of the restaurant had to be served and then they could serve us. They tried to make good by getting us another round of drinks but we just wanted our food by that point. The food ended up being cold and really not very good. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Stay away!Special Features:
- Light dinner before the showDeAnnaDined on 9/25/2014Our group of seven had a light dinner before the show at Wells Fargo Center. Two of our party had a full meal, the rest of us chose from the appetizer menu. Everyone was pleased with their choices (I can say the crab cakes and ribs were very good). They have a decent wine list and full bar, the views are very nice indeed. Service was good. Our group was a bit boisterous, which might normally make me uncomfortable for the other diners, but the tables were spaced well apart and most others were dining on the outside patio. That added so much comfort to our evening, as so many restaurants place as many tables as possible in a room, leaving little privacy between dining parties. Overall, a fine experience and we will go back to enjoy it again!Special Features:
- Great tastes at NectarAlfaBMWGuyVIPDined on 9/24/2014The Golden Beet Carpaccio was a stunning surprise, and the 'big kid' Macaroni and Cheese [with 6 optional toppings] was a treat.Special Features:
- Get there earlyDisappointedDined on 9/11/2014The whole point of being at this restaurant is the view. You might think you're booking an early bird special, but getting there early enough to see the sun set is the point! The food is amazing and sitting outside was perfect because they had heat lamps to help offset the chill. Food was delicious and service was great. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Stardawna's 1st Restaurant.com useStardawna4FFoodDined on 8/13/2014My husband and I are celebrating 50 years of marriage this weekend. I thought I'd try using Restaurant.com for a nice meal. Nectar Restaurant was very nice. The views are beautiful. The food and drinks were good. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodMecruz216VIPDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful farm to plate fare. My husband and I had the pan fried chicken which was tender juicy and delicious. The vegetables were cooked to perfection & the twice baked potato was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RudyRudyDined on 8/9/2014The food was ok, very pricy however. We won't be going back soon.Special Features:
- Nice for dinnerlocalsonomaboyDined on 8/5/2014Good place for two if you are eating inside. They have four or so booths, ask for one of those. Food is very good with nice presentation. On the steaks if you like medium well ask for medium and you will be happy. The wait staff is friendly and quick. On weekdays the place is easy to get into no reservation required. They have a great outdoors area that can seat a good amount of people. Would be good for groups. Place is too quiet for little kids. Overall a nice place that will not break the budget about 200 for two which would include apps, main course, wine and desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencecalifoodieDined on 7/28/2014My friend and I had a great time dining at Nectar Restaurant and Lounge. We were a little disappointed in the salad we split but I'd recommend the risotto; it was delicious. The service was good; we didn't feel rushed at all considered the length of time we spent at the table.Special Features:
- Great outdoor dining spotIrinaDined on 7/14/2014Pros: beautiful terrace; couches and firepits as well as table dining; good food. We had Salmon entree (salmon a bit on the smaller side; rice cakes are fantastic), Short ribs entree with twice backed potato (awesome); Pasta with chicken (so-so), Shrimp entree (good), and meatloaf entree (a bit too dry). Cons: slow service, took forever to get food; they charge for bread and while it was yummy and hot from the oven, the middle slice was consistently cold/ nearly frozen in the center.Special Features:
- Wonderful!cbgoDined on 7/1/2014Although we just live minutes away from Nectar, this is our 1st visit back in over 20 years. We checked the menu on line. Was, at 1st, disappointed that the risotto was not on the eve's selections. Between the 3 of us we chose the sea bass, which was superb - crab cakes were done to perfection ... filled with moist dungeness - perfectly crisp on the outside - baby romaine wedge with Pt. Reyes Blue and bacon was quite simply the best. The wine list was extensive and reasonably priced. Our server was low keyed and funny ... never bugged us ... had that wonderful sense of knowing just what we needed. Unpretentious. A big thumbs up from locals who have a long list of wonderful restaurants to choose from here in wine country.Special Features:
- Not bad not goodStilllookingDined on 6/27/2014I don't mind paying the price for a good dinner, my wife and I get very little time to our selves so a night out is extremely valuable, So with that 2-bar drinks, 2-house salads, a runny macaroni and cheese dish and a good ravioli / spinach with tomato's dish including the outside ambiance did not add up to $98.00. Sorry it not on my list for a while. I'll try again but not right away.Special Features:
- The following 219 reviews are from the Nectar Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- Always a good choice for a mealDianeVIPDined on 6/10/2014We frequent this restaurant often. It is always a delightful experience. The staff is pleasant and efficient, and the food and wines are delicious. Guests via Open Table receive a complimentary wine tasting -- good idea to sample before ordering.Special Features:
- OkayShaleyDined on 6/2/2014View great. Food okay. Onion rings looked and tasted like frozen. Dinner entrees okay but not over the top. Do not serve bread. Doubtful we wood go again. Dinner for 4 $180.00 included 3 cocktails. Nothing special except very comfortable chairs and good view.Special Features:
- Great View Food DisappointsKAK2VIPDined on 5/26/2014Have been here several times. Always enjoy the view and service. They have an excellent bar. However the food generally disappoints. If I return, I will stick to the bar menu or just order appetizers.Special Features:
- Wine for Open Table ReservationsDianeVIPDined on 5/21/2014The restaurant serves 3 oz of wine to each guest for making a reservation through Open Table. So thanks to Open Table and to Nectar. The food is always good and the service staff is very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time here!Jackievr4VIPDined on 5/10/2014Went here after wine tasting in Napa for dinner..the food was OK and the service is great!! After dinner we had drinks outside by the fire pit and the scenery was beautiful! Enjoyed our time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely resolvedRenoRobDined on 5/5/2014First, the bottle of wine in the room only cost you $24, which is a good price for MacMurray Pinot Noir. We had a glass in the room then brought the rest of the bottle to the restaurant. No corkage fee. Second the appetizer was not good. Server brought a second choice without us asking which was nice. When I got the bill there was no charge for either appetizer. We were back for breakfast which was nice except for the scrambled eggs.Special Features:
- GreatgreatVIPDined on 4/21/2014Just as good as the last time!all the food was fixed to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/17/2014Never disappoints. Always delivers in taste, presentation & serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an excellent dinnergreatVIPDined on 4/14/2014a very good dinner with outstanding service and little noiseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs improvementsJimmyDined on 3/27/2014We've eaten at Nectar many times over the last few years and have always been satisfied. This visit was plaged by slow and unattentive service and cold food. Couldn't advise the waitress to heat the food because she wasn't around. However, to their credit, the manager who did stop by to chat took care of the bill at no charge to us. That in itself is a great reason to visit Nectar because it shows that when things do not go as you'd like they will work to fix the problem. It appears that a large wedding party overwellmed their resources leading to the problems. The table next to us also experienced issues. I'm certain that the restaurant manager will fix the problems and we will be please to revisit.Special Features:
- Excellent foodSFMagicalPrinceDined on 3/14/2014Well prepared, well balanced and nice portions. Good job!Special Features:
- Good but not greatdragonflyVIPDined on 3/14/2014We were here for restaurant and were also staying in the hotel. The food was mixed - some good (pork belly) and some just OK (red snapper was dry). It was al very edible but would not rush back there in the future. We sat on the deck which was very nice, and warm for March!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another enjoyable dine at NectarMaxwellVIPDined on 2/27/2014Nectar makes it easy to forget it is a hotel restaurant (this is meant as a compliment to the General Manager and his staff because so many hotel restaurants are forgettable). We've dined here for years and we've had our very knowledgeable server before; she was great. There were some "hiccups" getting the reservation made on Open Table but, again, the GM was very customer-focused in resolving the problem.Special Features:
- Yes to Nectar Lounge and RestaurantGw1018Dined on 2/23/2014We were celebrating a birthday and there were six in our party. They arranged to tables, one in a private dining room and one in the main dining room. We chose the first one and loved it. It was like being in our own dining rooms....quiet, spacious and pretty. I really appreciated their work, service and making it a special occasion.Special Features:
- Just averageDanielDined on 2/17/2014Nothing special except for the patio. The service was ok but the food was nothing to write home about. The sweet potato fries were oily and lacked crispness. Crab cakes ($13) were ok but very small and the lettuce garnish was wilted with brown edges.Special Features:
- Beyond our expectationstravelgirlDined on 2/15/2014Since this is a hotel restaurant, we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food. Although the menu seemed limited, there were enough items on the menu to chose from, including the special, prime rib. My husband had the crab stuffed sole and I ordered the grilled salmon. His entrée was delicious! The crab was plentiful and had a slight red bell pepper seasoning, and not too rich, which I've often found with other crab stuffing. My salmon was perfect. Both entrees came with rice pilaf, with an abundance of brocollini and perfectly cooked carrots. I really like vegetables with my dinner and most restaurants give you a stick or two of asparagus! Excellent desserts and dessert cocktails. Try the chocolate kiss! Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soWineloverDined on 2/14/2014I guess I may have been expecting too much. The ambiance was great, quiet, candlelight, flowers, but we usually choose a restaurant for the food. My husband and I both had the halibut, which came in a bowl with forbidden rice and vegetables. The fish was moist, but lacked flavor other than it be well salted and peppered. It also did not have the texture of halibut. I was not sure I was eating the right fish. The bread was delicious and the service was great. The waiter knew just how much attention was just right. He seemed genuinely concerned that we were having a great time. The wine was delicious which was paired with each course expertly. Even though the service and wine were great, I am not sure I would go there again.Special Features:
- We dined here for New Year'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We dined here for New Year's Eve and Valentine's Day so far this year. Both times were a Prix Fixe menu, and neither disappointed!! The ambience is quiet, and you should take time to sip a cocktail or glass of wine on the patio to enjoy the view. We really want to come back soon to try the regular menu offering.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day DelightShushieDined on 2/14/2014I loved our dinner at Nectar. The view is the prime spot to see a superb sunset. First and second courses were both creative as well as delicious! Perfect for the foodie, both vegetarian as well as carnivore. Dessert was chocolate creme brullee and a chocolate volcano cake, that will make the pickiest swoone! Service was great, feels like staff enjoys working there. I 've been there before, and the hamburger plate makes a great lunch!Special Features:
- An excellent meal and experience!TandSVIPDined on 1/15/2014Nectar was more than we expected for a hotel restaurant. A great view location over looking Santa Rosa . Great service and a fine dining experience.i recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It would be hard to find aOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/13/2014It would be hard to find a more relaxing dining spot in SR. The waiters are so nice and the food selections, well priced, are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was a little disappointedSonyaniDined on 12/29/2013Was a little disappointed this visit, neither the food nor the service was as good as it has been...worried...
- Great after a long day of wineriesNYC2013VIPDined on 12/28/2013Very easy and convenient to dine at after a long day at the wineries, especially if you are staying at the Hilton. Food was great and the waitress was very nice and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed on Christmas EveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013It was Christmas Eve Dinner. Nectar was one of the few restaurants with an open reservation for Christmas Eve. Now we know why. The food, decent, but very pricey for what it was. No specials offered. The décor needs serious updating with stained chairs and laminate tables clad with cheap placemats, diner style, instead of linens. Service was fine, nothing remarkable. The bill was well over $200 for three people. Later we noticed the bread, the waiter asked if we would like, was $3's a basket. Seriously? You charge $42 for a New York steak and can't offer complimentary bread? The waiter never mentioned there was an extra charge for bread. It's not the $6, it's the principle of it. That will be the last time we go to Nectar.