520 Atlantic Ave
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://neborestaurant.com/
- Phone: (617) 723-6326
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Nebo
Nebo is an upscale pizzeria/enoteca. Menu offerings at Nebo include traditional Neapolitan pizza; a wide variety of antipasti and bruschette; and a selection of desserts, all made on the premises. Nebo also features a full bar and an extensive wine list, with over 150 selections available by the bottle. Unique to nebo are wines offered by the quartino – presented in individual carafes, they're just enough for those wishing to share a taste.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nebo reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (29)great for outdoor dining (22)great for lunch (18)hot spot (17)good for groups (16)special occasion (14)vibrant bar scene (13)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (10)notable wine list (7)scenic view (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- A bit disappointedMattmanVIPDined on 11/17/2014Have eaten here a few times at their old location. First time here. Service was ok, we had a 9:15 reservation but felt rushed all the time. Kitchen closes at ten so no offer of coffee or dessert. Was there for a business meeting so was a bit disappointed on the experience as I felt it was such a good restaurant at the old locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Gourmet ItalianTSRestonVIPDined on 11/14/2014My first visit to NEBO was for lunch. Great menu selections, beyond your typical Italian. A lot of variety. Service was excellent. The seating is tight so there will be some "crowd" noise. Prices are a bit high as most lunch entrees are in the mid-$20s. Bread cost extra. Portions are good and we enjoy the food. Olives for the table are a good idea but most have pits so you'll be spitting them out. May want to be cautious if this is a work meal or a date. I would certainly come back and try other menu items!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never dissapointsworktolunchDined on 11/13/2014My only complaint is that the porchetta sandwich is so good that I can't bring myself to ordything else. I have ordered it the last four visits and have not been dissappointed! I finished off the meal with the coconut panacotta - which was also delicious. The restaurant is great for lunch, service is efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/8/2014We had a 7:30 reservation, arrived at 7:20 and the hostess would not seat us until 7:30 on the dot, even thought there were 6 empty tables - and further she was rude about it. The food was good, but not as good as they make it sound AND they charge for bread!Special Features:
- Terrible foodBrahmsDined on 10/29/2014Thank you for the opportunity to tell you that the food at this restaurant is terrible. The garlic bread was cold and burned. The steak salad had steak that was like a minute steak tough the color of liver and did not suit the steak cut for a steak salad. A London Broil is what is the cut used for a steak salad. The rest of the salad consisted of warm cherry tomatoes with the skins falling off,cheap lettuce and a small amount of shredded cheese. The horrible bread and terrible salad and tea cost me over $30.00.
- Good food, very crowded & loudCindyDined on 10/4/2014First time here while visiting Boston. Great service. Food was pretty good though not the best authentic Italian food I've had. Went on a Saturday night and it was very crowded and loud. Mango mojitos here were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyBrazucaBostonDined on 10/4/2014Too noisy, but great food and wine. Reasonable menu with a good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing gluten-free menu!SazziaVIPDined on 9/27/2014Before health issues forced me to go gluten-free I was quite the foodie. It's been awful trying to find the sort of culinary experiences I was used to on what passes for "gluten-free" menus these days. Nebo blows everyone out of the water. You wouldn't even know your meal is gluten-free if it weren't for the special menu. My husband, who does not eat gluten-free but has tried it from time to time, couldn't believe how delicious their dishes are. Highly recommend whether you have dietary restrictions or not! (Especially the gluten-free flatbreads. Taste just like the real deal...possibly even better!)Special Features:
- Too noise!RenanVIPDined on 9/27/2014Restaurant is too noise, and waiters seems tired and obliged to work
- JJOneillJrVIPDined on 9/24/2014Great, Great Authentic Italian Food The Family is in the Kitchen Cooking for us all I will go again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpotallbizVIPDined on 9/23/2014Service was very prompt. Food is great. This was my second time at Nebo and it was just as good as the first. The zucchini lasagna is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time at NebosluvgoodfoodDined on 9/20/2014I went to high school in Stoneham with the Pallotta sisters, so I was very excited to try their restaurant. I live in CA, so I went there during a visit back to the Boston area. My family and I all had a great time. The atmosphere and decor are excellent, the service was great and the food was amazing. My only disappointment was that it was too cold and windy to sit outside. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- RobhawkDined on 9/20/2014Excellent food and service. We enjoyed our meals very much. Our server was very fantastic. Wish restaurant was a little closer to the homey feel of the north end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveDined on 9/19/2014The food was very good and the it was a great place to have a business lunch. It is convenient to the Financial District and with large windows and plenty of natural lightSpecial Features:
- AMAZING "THROW DOWN" LASAGNAFiftyShadesNightOutDined on 9/13/2014if you love lasagna, you have to try the Bobby Flay Throw Down Zucchini Lasagna .... It's AMAZING!!! Light & melts in your mouth!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GEMSenioritaDined on 9/10/2014Fabulous addition to the Boston cuiSCENE:) Food Service vibration - FabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Loved everything about this restaurant. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- DaniPDined on 9/5/2014The outdoor seating area is a great spot to sit in the summer. The food was just OK and nothing out of the ordinary. We had the chicken with artichokes and zucchini lasagna which were both not served hot.Special Features:
- Great place for dinner!Kenmore534VIPDined on 9/4/2014Great place for dinner, inside our outside. Great bar scene as well!Special Features:
- Al Fresco Lunch with FriendsPattiMcCVIPDined on 9/4/2014I love the food at Nebo, but having experienced the very high level of noise on a busy Thursday night earlier this year, four friends and I opted to sit outside for lunch recently. Food was great, and service was impeccable. We shared several appetizers - marinated olives, perfectly cooked calamari, and the highlight, pistachio-dusted burrata - yum! While everyone else had the steak salad, I ordered the Salmon con Fagiole, which was excellent. A lovely way to enjoy one of the last warm days of summer, although the noise level can still distract, given the location on a busy downtown street - but great people watching.Special Features:
- What a down tripAnnaDined on 8/28/2014Our waiter was new on the job. He had no clue how to open a bottle of wine, nor to poor it. That is OK, everyone is new at some point of their career. But - we could not order the pasta al dente. The poor waiter explained that the kitchen had their procedures and this was not doable. We gasped. When the pasta finally came, the suspicion was right: This was pre made pasta, probably heated with hot water. Needless to say it was disgusting. When we explained the situation to the waiter, he told us that this was how it was supposed to be. "the owners are two Ladies from Italy, and they try to keep the food as close to their mothers cooking as possible". Sigh. They took the pasta off the tab and gave os limoncello. Thank You!
- Liptisck on water glassOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Towards the end of my meal I noticed a faint lipstick mark on my water glass. I had ordered a soda water as well so this was why I did not notice the mark earlier in the meal. When our plates were cleared a told a Nebo employee who apologized and advised she would get the manager. The manager came over and apologized explaining "lipsitck is hard to get off". I really don't think this is an accepable explanation. Yes, it could be difficult to remove from the glass but this glass quite frankly could have never been washed. He asked to take my business card and offered the best table in the house for next time I dine at Nebo. I politely declined as I will not be returning. I shared this experience with my department at work.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014the food was so so, could have been the choice I had made, the drink was ok, also could have been the choice I had made. I'd definitely return for lunch and recommend for same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FiDiGirlVIPDined on 8/8/2014Excellent food and drink but ridiculously loud. I get that it can get noise when you have larger parties but this was just too muchI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014great food. slow service. We'll go again. The food was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic Italian foodLoBoBostonVIPDined on 8/2/2014If you're looking for an upscale, pretty authentic Italian restaurant you should definitely go to Nebo. It has an excellent menu, the food was delicious and the service was great. We had a few appetizers and the burrata pizza and loved everything we got. Also, if you're looking for a fun and interesting cocktail list they've got that too. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised they won over Bobby Flay.EastCoastQueenDined on 8/1/2014While I liked the look, it was very loud despite being only 65% full. My drink was too strong, almost entirely gin & I love gin so that's saying a lot. I sent it back & they doctored it up, but still not good-I left more than half of it and at $12 I was not happy it wasn't removed from my bill. Goat cheese panna cotta app was delicious & highlight of the meal. They were able to make a vegan pasta dish for my bf but he said it was too spicy & nothing he couldn't make at home - not worth $24. Had high hopes for the zucchini lasagna that won on Food Network, but it was unremarkable. A man at the next table even sent back his dish for being too bland. Seems like Nebo isn't what it used to be but could be a good place for wine/apps on the patio.Special Features:
- NeboMortonsVIPDined on 8/1/2014The zucchini lasagna is really delicious. They also offer a few other gluten free options which we appreciate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 82 reviews are from the Nebo reviews archive.
- Good food, poor servicedltigerVIPDined on 7/12/2014We had a nice window table for two around 5:30pm on a Saturday. It wasn't busy at this time which we liked. Our server was not very friendly and he provided poor service; he only had three tables at the time. He spilled some of my wine when poured my glass. He give me the wrong entree and my husband food was just siting cold, waiting for my food to come. The food was good but for a place this expensive with many people working, I expect much better service. I couldn't even imagine what the service would be like when the restaurant was very busy. Maybe our experience was an outlier but it still wasn't pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbyDined on 7/11/2014Noise level low at tables a bit away from the bar. Staff attentive. Pleased with our food selections.Special Features:
- Overall terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014Food was bland. Gnocci with sausage seemed mismatched. Veal had too much breading. Garlic bread was burnt. Not enough garlic or oil. Just lots of burnt crust. Service was too quick. Would not go back. Way too loud.
- Gluten-free great!lcoakVIPDined on 7/5/2014Their gluten-free options are very good (some of the best I have had). The staff is very accomodating and friendly.Special Features:
- Didn't even order...Nebo1Dined on 6/28/2014We made a reservation for 9:15 on a Saturday and got a table outside. We looked over the menu while we waited (and waited and waited) for our server. FINALLY (after 8 minutes of waiting) he came over and said "uhh do you guys want sparking water or tap?" ...... wait, what!?! He walked away my boyfriend and I just looked at each other, did that just happen? We agreed to give him another chance but upon his return he then said "sooo uhh do you want a glass of wine or something?" My boyfriend and I immediately made eye contact and thought "screw spending our money here". We told him we were fine with water and would need another minute to look over the menu. When he walked away we got up and left but not before informing the hostess.
- Not a typical meal at neboFoodie06VIPDined on 6/24/2014Typically food is great but pricey Been to nebo a few times as a guest. This time food was full of oil and favors were not there. Pasta dish was soaked in olive oil. Appetizer bruschetta had no favor. Service was great though.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014The waitress and staff were super nice and friendly all the timeSpecial Features:
- Great Spothildebeast1982VIPDined on 6/18/2014Nebo is a great place for lunch, dinner, or a drink after work. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- I really want to like NeboBostonSkipDined on 6/12/2014But, after dining here three times, I just don't think it's all that. The owners are very engaging, on-scene and truly nice. The food is good, nothing wowed me, the service is ok, the bar is packed and loud. A fun place for a pizza and glass of wine, if I'm in the area.Special Features:
- Excellent foodJDMarshallDined on 6/7/2014Very lovely dinner, food was exceptional. Service a bit slow. Overall, it was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was goodMarybethDined on 6/3/2014Went to lunch with 3 coworkers and we all enjoyed the meal. Service was attentive and quick - we were out of there in under an hour although we didn't order appetizers. One person ordered the zucchini lasagna and said it was excellent. It's convenient to our office and we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nebo-Always a Good ChoiceSoxfann2001Dined on 6/2/2014Excellent food and fun atmosphere. Had the crostini with goat cheese, honey and pistachios-as well as the Cozze (mussels). And we had the tagliatelle with scallops-all were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.