Nebo Restaurant and Bar
520 Atlantic Avenue
Boston, MA 02110Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Nebo Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nebopizzeria.com/
- Phone: 6177236326
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Late Night
A word from Nebo Restaurant and Bar
Opened June 2, 2005, at 90 North Washington Street – nestled between the North End of Boston and the soon-to-be rejuvenated Bullfinch Triangle area – nebo is an upscale pizzeria/enoteca with seating for 105. The stylish décor of all natural wood, stone, and chocolate brown ultrasuede is reminiscent of the cosmopolitan ambiance of Rome and Milan . The white marble bar, complete with plasma TV, is perfect for a post-work bite or beverage. Menu offerings at nebo include traditional Neapolitan pizza; a wide variety of antipasti and bruschette; and a selection of desserts, all made on the premises. Nebo also features a full bar and an extensive wine list, with over 150 selections available by the bottle. Unique to nebo are wines offered by the quartino – presented in individual carafes, they're just enough for those wishing to share a taste.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nebo Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great place in the NorthEnd.themspotsIfindDined on 3/23/2013Great place in the NorthEnd. Food was Excellent. We did a little of everything. Gnocci's were awesome and highly recommend the Bolognese sauce. They are moving to a New Location so cant wait to see it.Special Features:
- I love that there is a completelyGirlWhoEatsDined on 3/23/2013I love that there is a completely separate Gluten Free menu! Made ordering so much easier. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Another awesome meal!plato79Dined on 3/22/2013I love Nebo. They have the most amazing gluten free Italian food. I'm always impressed with the calamari and pizza, which is what we had this time around. It's just ridiculously well done. Bravo.Special Features:
- Very good food, lots of antipastiRatherbesomewhereelseDined on 3/16/2013Very good food, lots of antipasti choices and gluten free options! Zucchini lasagna was a standout. Pastas and sausage made on siite. The bartender recommended a delicious and reasonably priced bottle of wine. Restaurant is relocating to waterfront location soon.Special Features:
- Great Gluten-Free Italian Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2013We went for dinner in a group of 5 on a Friday night. Our server was great about explaining things, answering any questions & giving recommendations. I am gluten intolerant so one of the main reasons we went was because the restaurant has an extensive gluten-free menu. All of the food was great. We shared 3 appetizers. Then we each got a pizza. Mine was amazing! They have a great GF crust. Then we shared 2 desserts--one was the flour less chocolate torte (AMAZING) and a panacotta (I didn't try it). Everyone loved their food! We all left having eaten too much because it was too good to stop! Only downside was the extra $ for the GF options bc it wasn't built into the specific GF menu, which doesn't make sense to me since the menu is separateSpecial Features:
- Our server David really wentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/2013Our server David really went above and beyond to make our dining experience very wonderful. We had such fun.Special Features:
- Not worth it.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/4/2013We had the garlic bread, which was grilled, and tasted burnt and there wasn't much garlic flavor to it. They served us a fancy glass bottle of still water, which didn't really taste any crisper or cleaner than any 1 dollar bottle. We ordered the polpettine and bruschette ricotta as antipasti. quite frankly i've had better meatballs, and the sauce was a tad runny. We then ordered the zuchini lasagna and the tagliatelle cappesante. The lasagna didn't blow me away, as I'm sure i didn't get something as tightly prepared as the one that beat mr. flay. Service was excellent. For the hundred dollars i spent between my significant other and i, we could've made much better food at home for at least 4 nights straight.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2013I really enjoyed the food. The service was a bit slow - we must have been the only table in that area for the server, because she was never around, it is a fairly loud restaurant, so if you're looking for quiet, Nebo probably isn't for you.
- Great service. Excellent extensiveSusanCDined on 2/22/2013Great service. Excellent extensive gluten free menu. Close to the GardenSpecial Features:
- Excellent gluten free menuBostonBelleDined on 2/21/2013Excellent gluten free menu and very attentive, friendly and helpful waiters.Special Features:
- B/B- overall. All the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/20/2013B/B- overall. All the food lacked flavor and was decidedly bland. The sangria was cloyingly sweet. Service was slow and I attentive even though the dining room was basically empty. Far below expectations.
- The restaurant was not crowded;OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/4/2013The restaurant was not crowded; we had made reservations, and still we were seated at the table closest to the door. (It was a VERY cold night.) We requested a gluten free menu when the reservation was made, but still had to request it again. We were given regular menus, and then basically ignored for maybe 10-15 minutes. Our waitress seemed rushed the entire time we were there. When we did not order drinks or appetizers, she seemed annoyed, then took another long period before coming to take our order. There was no pleasant conversation with the waitress; all business. And only a very quick, curt check in to see if we were all set. (Doesn't seem like she was even bothering to listen to see if we had an issue.)Special Features:
- One of the only places toOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/2/2013One of the only places to find nutella pizza in town!Special Features:
- Nebo is excellent. Just stepsJoP4Dined on 2/2/2013Nebo is excellent. Just steps from North station it is perfect for a post Bruins or Celtics game. Food is tremendous.Special Features:
- In my opinion, NEBO is theMCFoodieDined on 2/1/2013In my opinion, NEBO is the best gluten free restaurant experience in Boston, bar none.
- they have an awesome glutenLG07Dined on 1/29/2013they have an awesome gluten free menu with great selections. You will have to add a few extra dollars to some menu items such as Gluten Free Pizza crust - costs an additional $3.00...but definitely worth it.Special Features:
- Awesome gluten free menu andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/12/2013Awesome gluten free menu and pizzas, great options here, was delicious. Always a nice wine selection as well.Special Features:
- Food is delish! Seating was crampedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2013The food at Nebo is unbeatable! Where else can you find such delicious gluten-free authentic Italian food! The only minor complaint I have is in regards to the long row of two person tables along the right wall. I have been at several restaurants where I have sat in this type of seat, and while it's not my favorite choice, you can get in and out of the seat without much difficulty. But I think these tables are pushed in a little too far, and so the person sitting on the inside bangs into the table when they try to get back into their seat. Maybe the tables could be moved out even a couple of inches to make it more comfortable. But the food here is worth every awkward bump into the table!Special Features:
- very good for gluten menu;lss4Dined on 1/7/2013very good for gluten menu; food is unfortunately far less tasty than one would hope including the Flay throwdown winner
- Wonderful food and service.SassyDined on 12/22/2012Wonderful food and service. The best pizza ever. My grandchildren love it!!!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time atOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/15/2012We had a wonderful time at Nebo. One of our diners has Celiac and was thrilled to have a full menu devoted to gluten-free items. All meals were delicious, the service was excellent and the ambiance was inviting. We will return to Nebo.Special Features:
- Knowledgeable service staffryanwDined on 12/8/2012Knowledgeable service staff who is attentive to diner's needs. Great food.Special Features:
- Great Gluten-free DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/8/2012Nebo is a gluten-friendly restaurant, and lives up to its reputation. Two of the four members of our party have gluten sensitivities, and were provided a full gluten-free menu to select from. Their meals looked great (just like ours) and were equally impressive for taste. With all the restrictions for people on special diets, this was an absolute find for them. By the way, the regular meals were equally as impressive. And, the ambiance and low-noise level provided for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Would prefer a more reasonabledrcolDined on 12/7/2012Would prefer a more reasonable wine list--though by the glass was very reasonable.
- For an italian specialty restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/4/2012For an italian specialty restaurant the food was fair and variable. The bruschetta was terrible, the pizza described as thin crust was not and short on flavor. Some of the other dishes (eggplant,smelts and clams) were better but I would not return to this restaurant nor recommend it.Regretfully we took people visitng from Chile there.
- Given what we had read aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2012Given what we had read about this restaurant, we were really disappointed with the food It was just alright.Special Features:
- Great service, extremely friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2012Great service, extremely friendly and accommodating. A member of our party requires gluten free meal options, so we all shared a gluten free pizza as one of our apps....it was delicious! - Also, the burratta is a must try! It was a Fun evening out, great and energetic atmosphere, would recommend to anyone going out with friends, family or for date night!!Special Features:
- My wife and I went to thisBalaDined on 10/26/2012My wife and I went to this restaurant based on what I saw online and Zagat ratings. Overall I was happy with the experience and we are vegetarians. They have limited options on the starters side but have a reasonable selection in their second and third course. If you are with a group this is a nice place to consider but if you are with your partner then try and get a table closer to the entrance.Special Features:
- The food, service, and winemagnetoDined on 10/20/2012The food, service, and wine list are all pretty good, but the atmosphere is cold, modern, and full of echoes so that you have to shout to have a conversation. It's also remarkably overpriced. It's a good place to go if you want to impress someone on a first date with the heft of your wallet.Special Features:
- I liked it... Parking wasFoodieDined on 10/13/2012I liked it... Parking was a challenge but well worth it. I wish the plates were a tad bigger and there was more to choose from... No sides were offered... Coming from the same neighborhood this was in, us Italians love the side dishes!! I would have loved to see a mac n cheese concoction for a side dish, I'm not talking about the ones you can get fried at the Macaroni Grill but a more classier version, maybe a Mac n Cheese with prociutto and lobster?Special Features:
- Although the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2012Although the food and service was excellent, the atmosphere and noise level left alot to be desired. I expected more of an Italian atmosphere rather than that of a sports bar. The background music was not condusive to fine dining.
- Nice to find a place thatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2012Nice to find a place that can create great gluten free dishes. You would never know the pizza was gluten free.Special Features:
- This was my 4th meal at NEBOOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2012This was my 4th meal at NEBO and it is consistenly great. The menu is wonderful, full of variety for anyone's tastes. Our waiter was informative, gracious, and personable. Overall a very satisfying experience!Special Features:
- Really wonderful experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2012Really wonderful experience. Would definite;y recommend...and there is parking next door!!Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem all the way...YumaliciousDined on 9/29/2012Nebo Restaurant and Bar is at a great location. Food was excellent, from the salads to dessert. Gluten free menu is pretty unlimited. The zucchini lasagna was delicious!!! Service was spot on from the time we arrived until the time we left. Nebo has a real neighborhood feel...cozy, inviting, and relaxing but yet exciting vibe!!! Wine & dessert prices are on the higher side but, Nebo does deliver on the quality side. Put Nebo on your need to try list...you won't be disappointed!!! We can't wait to share this place with family & friends.Special Features:
- Come back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2012Will definately return. Great food and superb service. A bit pricey for weekly night out, but for an occassion, tops!
- was not impressed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2012was not impressed with the food, not much for the $$$$. service was very slow. it was a busy Tuesday night and maybe they were not prepared for all the people using their voucher's from Living Social (that is the only reason I went).Special Features:
- The food was very good (althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2012The food was very good (although not amazing), but it was very expensive for the size of the portions (which were the size of appetizers). Too little food for the price, and they don't even bring you bread! There are many better options out there for your money.Special Features:
- Nothing special especiallyemv1Dined on 9/22/2012Nothing special especially compared to other Italian restaurants.
- The food was delicious, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2012The food was delicious, service was great and especially love the fact it has gluten free menu and the food it just as good.Special Features: