520 Atlantic Ave
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://neborestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6177236326
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Nebo
Nebo is an upscale pizzeria/enoteca. Menu offerings at Nebo include traditional Neapolitan pizza; a wide variety of antipasti and bruschette; and a selection of desserts, all made on the premises. Nebo also features a full bar and an extensive wine list, with over 150 selections available by the bottle. Unique to nebo are wines offered by the quartino – presented in individual carafes, they're just enough for those wishing to share a taste.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nebo reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (25)great for lunch (23)great for outdoor dining (22)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (20)neighborhood gem (15)special occasion (15)romantic (13)good for groups (12)notable wine list (11)scenic view (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Liptisck on water glassOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Towards the end of my meal I noticed a faint lipstick mark on my water glass. I had ordered a soda water as well so this was why I did not notice the mark earlier in the meal. When our plates were cleared a told a Nebo employee who apologized and advised she would get the manager. The manager came over and apologized explaining "lipsitck is hard to get off". I really don't think this is an accepable explanation. Yes, it could be difficult to remove from the glass but this glass quite frankly could have never been washed. He asked to take my business card and offered the best table in the house for next time I dine at Nebo. I politely declined as I will not be returning. I shared this experience with my department at work.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014the food was so so, could have been the choice I had made, the drink was ok, also could have been the choice I had made. I'd definitely return for lunch and recommend for same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FiDiGirlVIPDined on 8/8/2014Excellent food and drink but ridiculously loud. I get that it can get noise when you have larger parties but this was just too muchI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014great food. slow service. We'll go again. The food was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic Italian foodLoBoBostonVIPDined on 8/2/2014If you're looking for an upscale, pretty authentic Italian restaurant you should definitely go to Nebo. It has an excellent menu, the food was delicious and the service was great. We had a few appetizers and the burrata pizza and loved everything we got. Also, if you're looking for a fun and interesting cocktail list they've got that too. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised they won over Bobby Flay.EastCoastQueenDined on 8/1/2014While I liked the look, it was very loud despite being only 65% full. My drink was too strong, almost entirely gin & I love gin so that's saying a lot. I sent it back & they doctored it up, but still not good-I left more than half of it and at $12 I was not happy it wasn't removed from my bill. Goat cheese panna cotta app was delicious & highlight of the meal. They were able to make a vegan pasta dish for my bf but he said it was too spicy & nothing he couldn't make at home - not worth $24. Had high hopes for the zucchini lasagna that won on Food Network, but it was unremarkable. A man at the next table even sent back his dish for being too bland. Seems like Nebo isn't what it used to be but could be a good place for wine/apps on the patio.Special Features:
- NeboMortonsVIPDined on 8/1/2014The zucchini lasagna is really delicious. They also offer a few other gluten free options which we appreciate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor servicedltigerDined on 7/12/2014We had a nice window table for two around 5:30pm on a Saturday. It wasn't busy at this time which we liked. Our server was not very friendly and he provided poor service; he only had three tables at the time. He spilled some of my wine when poured my glass. He give me the wrong entree and my husband food was just siting cold, waiting for my food to come. The food was good but for a place this expensive with many people working, I expect much better service. I couldn't even imagine what the service would be like when the restaurant was very busy. Maybe our experience was an outlier but it still wasn't pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbyDined on 7/11/2014Noise level low at tables a bit away from the bar. Staff attentive. Pleased with our food selections.Special Features:
- Overall terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014Food was bland. Gnocci with sausage seemed mismatched. Veal had too much breading. Garlic bread was burnt. Not enough garlic or oil. Just lots of burnt crust. Service was too quick. Would not go back. Way too loud.
- Gluten-free great!lcoakVIPDined on 7/5/2014Their gluten-free options are very good (some of the best I have had). The staff is very accomodating and friendly.Special Features:
- Didn't even order...Nebo1Dined on 6/28/2014We made a reservation for 9:15 on a Saturday and got a table outside. We looked over the menu while we waited (and waited and waited) for our server. FINALLY (after 8 minutes of waiting) he came over and said "uhh do you guys want sparking water or tap?" ...... wait, what!?! He walked away my boyfriend and I just looked at each other, did that just happen? We agreed to give him another chance but upon his return he then said "sooo uhh do you want a glass of wine or something?" My boyfriend and I immediately made eye contact and thought "screw spending our money here". We told him we were fine with water and would need another minute to look over the menu. When he walked away we got up and left but not before informing the hostess.
- Not a typical meal at neboFoodie06VIPDined on 6/24/2014Typically food is great but pricey Been to nebo a few times as a guest. This time food was full of oil and favors were not there. Pasta dish was soaked in olive oil. Appetizer bruschetta had no favor. Service was great though.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014The waitress and staff were super nice and friendly all the timeSpecial Features:
- Great Spothildebeast1982VIPDined on 6/18/2014Nebo is a great place for lunch, dinner, or a drink after work. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- I really want to like NeboBostonSkipDined on 6/12/2014But, after dining here three times, I just don't think it's all that. The owners are very engaging, on-scene and truly nice. The food is good, nothing wowed me, the service is ok, the bar is packed and loud. A fun place for a pizza and glass of wine, if I'm in the area.Special Features:
- Excellent foodJDMarshallDined on 6/7/2014Very lovely dinner, food was exceptional. Service a bit slow. Overall, it was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was goodMarybethDined on 6/3/2014Went to lunch with 3 coworkers and we all enjoyed the meal. Service was attentive and quick - we were out of there in under an hour although we didn't order appetizers. One person ordered the zucchini lasagna and said it was excellent. It's convenient to our office and we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nebo-Always a Good ChoiceSoxfann2001Dined on 6/2/2014Excellent food and fun atmosphere. Had the crostini with goat cheese, honey and pistachios-as well as the Cozze (mussels). And we had the tagliatelle with scallops-all were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFoodloverDined on 5/31/2014The service and food was absolutely outstanding! The waiter, managers, and owners all were friendly and solicitous. The food was out of this world good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fibrant lunch sceneRegulardinerVIPDined on 5/7/2014This place was packed for lunch, and there were many tables outside, in the shade. The salads, pasta and fish dishes we had were very good. The ambiance is nice. It offers good italian food. Great lunch spot.Special Features:
- Nice Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/7/2014Four of us went to Nebo for lunch. None of us had been there before. We shared an order of calamari and an order of olives and both dishes were tasty. Two of us had italian sandwiches. Fresh bread and great quality meats and cheese. Very tasty. The other two had the veal dish and both enjoyed it. Overall, the four of us were very happy about the whole experience.Special Features:
- Pecorino in EVERYTHING!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/2/2014If you're not a big fan of goat cheese, stay away. You can't get anything without it. Just blah food served up with plenty of pretentiousness. Not completely atrocious but just no reason to go here when there are loads of better places.
- The following 66 reviews are from the Nebo reviews archive.
- Good but overpricedcatabaluVIPDined on 4/30/2014I got the veal and received two portions of veal that was cooked to perfection but did not come with anything else. I liked the food but did not understand the exhorbinant cost for an incomplete meal.
- Just like mama's!WorkinBostonDined on 4/24/2014I got the braciole and couldn't stop raving. It was incredible. I haven't found a restaurant that made it this good and I'm extremely delighted. After the braciole I got the bolognese. Also outstanding. I am telling everyone to try you!Special Features:
- Happening kitchenwebterrDined on 4/23/2014We went to Nebo for a mid week dinner and watched as the very vibrant bar scene transitioned to a bustling full house in the restaurant section. The burrata starter was super creamy and served with some tasty proscuito and vegetable chutney. The vegetarian lasagne was remarkable light given the vast amount of sliced veggies and cheese it contained. The noise level was definitely up there but we found we could still have a pleasant conversation without shooting. I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Waterfront/Downtown AdditionDiningDivaVIPDined on 4/12/2014Although Nebo has been open for a while, our first chance to get a reservation was early Saturday night. Since it wasn't crowded yet, the noise was minimal but I'm sure it will be louder when it is full. The food was terrific - homemade bread is absolutely addictive - and the service was excellent. The zucchini lasagna was so good we ordered one for take-out to bring home to our kids. I would recommend this restaurant highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the gluten free pizzaBicoastalGirlDined on 4/11/2014Awesome GF options. I no longer live in Boston, but I make Nebo a must at least once every time I'm home for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at NeboFeleciaVIPDined on 4/10/2014We had a great time. Delicious food, great staff. Busy at lunch and kind of loud, but overall experience was good - we'll be back.Special Features:
- great gluten free optionsLG07Dined on 4/3/2014great selection and the food is fabulous...fresh cooked to order. The eggplant appetizer is to die for!Special Features:
- Just want to say that ourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2014Just want to say that our waitress was Lynn and she was great. She answered all of our questions and was very prompt with taking our order and serving us. I recommend Nebo to everyone.Special Features:
- Very NiceTaTiDined on 3/15/2014Nebo is a great restaurant. Our waitress was extremely nice, knew the menu well enough to make recommendations not just for the appetizers and main courses but also knew the drink menu as well. She was attentive the entire time. The food was good. Some of the best gnocchi I've ever had. There were only two things I would mention. I asked the hostesses two questions the entire time I was there and both times they seemed like I was inconveniencing them and the other thing would be to read the menu carefully. The food I ordered had no side to it. It was just two pieces of chicken. My fault I should have read the menu but it should definitely come with something for the cost of it. Other than that I would definitely go back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not even the third time charmed meGemmaDined on 3/14/2014I really really wanted to like Nebo. It's in a great space, in a great location, and I can always get on board with good Italian food. But for a fine dining restaurant, their service is poor, burdened with unnecessarily strict rules (no getting seated until your entire party is here, no changing anything on the menu) and waiters/hostesses who seem disinterested in your comfort and experience. And the food is just "meh." I've tried something different each time I went, and neither myself nor my companions had anything great to say about the food. For the prices (almost $90 for lunch of 2 salads, 1 sandwich, 1 entree and a SMALL glass of wine) it's just not worth it. Sorry Nebo. I really really wanted to like you, but it's not my fault.
- Nice findKarn313Dined on 3/13/2014Great location. Perfect size portions. Good serviceSpecial Features:
- Thursday night dinnerCarolynDined on 3/13/2014I booked this reservation for Thursday night dinner on the Sunday before. The only times available were 5:15 and 9:00 which seemed a bit crazy to me. The bar was definitely full at 5:15, but by 6:30, only half of the tables were full. I don't understand this... Anyway, our server was outstanding (Kevin) and the food was delicious. The location was great; since our table was by the window, we could watch the world go by. I had the veal milanese - very good. My friend had the special of the day which was arctic char in a light sauce with clams. Garlic bread was also good, but extra. All in all, a good experience.Special Features:
- Nebo's New LocationSoxfann2001Dined on 3/12/2014First chance to check out Nebo's new location and I loved it. Same great food-too many tasty antipasti to try which makes it a challenge to get to the secondi/main courses. We tried the misto fritto and cozze(mussels) apps, both very good and then we forced ourselves to try the fettucini grano arso(wheat pasta, roasted pork with a butter sage sauce) which was excellent(portion size was smallish for those looking for a heaping bowl of pasta).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nebo ReviewGeorgeDined on 3/11/2014Really enjoyed the experience--food and ambience. Love the fact that almost everything can be served gluten-free. Enjoyed sitting by the window and look out onto Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itclclDined on 2/19/2014One of my favorite places. Consistently great in all ways. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Beautiful VDay!MinnieDined on 2/14/2014We came to Nebo and got a beautiful table right next to a full length window and enjoyed dinner by candlelight. Arancini and Budino are wonderful, and the squid ink with scallops and marscapone cream sauce are not to be missed. This is the perfect restaurant for us as my date is gluten free while I am non celiac and we are both Italian food lovers. The beverage program is likewise thoughtful and well executed. Service was attentive and knowledgable while also unpretentious and nonintrusive. Affogato makes for a perfect finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zucchini LasagnaJackieAVIPDined on 2/7/2014There's a reason the zucchini lasagna has been awarded, showcased and raved about. Every bite is phenomenal. Go just for that but definitely try out a sandwich. I'm excited to make my way through the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.