6068 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nbacity.com/
- Phone: 4073635919
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Executive Chef: Thomas Walker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Our corporate and executive chefs will make any event a great success.
- Entertainment: Our interactive area keeps kids of all ages entertained! Test your skills outside on our basketball court or inside on one of our unique shooting games.
A word from NBA City
NBA City is a complete dining and entertainment venue offering its guests award winning cuisine, exclusive NBA/WBNA authentic merchandise and an interactive basketball game area for fans of all ages.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
NBA City - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
NBA City reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (26)good for groups (16)great for lunch (12)late-night find (9)special occasion (6)hot spot (4)fit for foodies (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)romantic (1)neighborhood gem (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- below average bar foodlocalVIPDined on 10/9/2014We went to NBA because the menu looked like a decent twist on bar food. The ambiance is what I would expect of a sports bar but nothing great. Our server was friendly but pushy. She repeatedly tried to rush us even though the restaurant was less than a third full. She pushed us to order more food but didn't give us a chance to really review the menu. The food came out very fast but it was already cool and rather tasteless. Desert wasn't much better. We had drinks, dinner, and desert and had paid the check in less than 45 minutes - not much of a fun dinner out.
- Nice sports jointfamilytriptoFLDined on 10/4/2014We sat under the big screens, so didn't get the full effect, but there was only one college football game on at the time anyways. Probably a bit more exciting atmosphere at a different time. Food was good. Kids got special light up cups for your typical additional charge. Service checked in on us repeatedly and did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014A great night out in Orlando to celebrate my birthday. Food and service was great.Special Features:
- DisappointedNIGHTNANCDined on 10/2/2014We were visiting Florida and went to universal studios and saw the NBA restaurant. I was disappointed that there was not much for kids to do in the restaurant except for the crane type games. The food was good the kids had milkshakes that were delicious. We had a very nice time but i would never go back, nothing to go back forSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed our DinnerashleyraeVIPDined on 9/29/2014We went to NBA City after a day at universal studios and were very pleased with the service. A lot of basketball items to look at and a pretty nice selection in the gift shop.Special Features:
- Pleasant and relaxed atmosphere!AlinaDined on 9/17/2014Great option for dinner with group of friends. Even those who do not follow the sport closely, become passionate about basketball! Good food and excellent service.Special Features:
- ReasonableexpectationVIPDined on 8/30/2014Average food, good service at themed restaurant. Nothing exceptional.Special Features:
- NBA CityOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/23/2014Great place to eat and hang out. Went for a friends' 40th birthday party and we met @ NBA City for dinner and it was excellent. Great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ehhhhkpowDined on 8/18/2014Four of us dined we all had the same answer to the question "how was our food?" Answer ehhh ok. Nothing specialSpecial Features:
- BasketballTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTDined on 8/18/2014Daughter is a basketball fan so enjoyed. Son thought it was his best steak ever! Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and service!Sr5242Dined on 8/16/2014Have eaten here six times and have loved everything thing we've tried. So far my family has tried: burger, pizza, wings, pork chop, Shanghai chicken salad, salmon entree, mahi mahi entree, mahi Mahi sandwich, kids spaghetti, shakes, ribs and chocolate bomb dessert. Everything has been delicious. Service is always friendly and super attentive. This is an absolute must do when we are at UO.Special Features:
- Good overallBrentDined on 8/12/2014Excellent pizza, I wouldn't recommend the salads. Service was good, cool ambiance, fair pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor reflection on the NBAOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2014Poorly themed restaurant with mediocre food. Can't believe the NBA licensed their name to this. Very little in the way of NBA theme inside. Pretty generic restaurant with a few small framed basketball pictures. Underwhelmed!
- NBA City - for basketball fans onlyMMMMDined on 8/7/2014If your a pro basketball fan you will like it. If not - just an average food/ slightly pricey sports bar/food service restaurant. Restaurant was pretty empty for a Friday night. We ate early (6 pm) but I expected the restaurant to be more crowded.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Health Code IssuesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Hair in food. Service was at an all time low ( had reservations ). Food crusted on seats. Waitress ignored us and we never got refills. Food came before utensils. Food was cold by the time utensils got to us. Would never recommend this restaurant to anyone. If NBA is truly connected with this restaurant, they might want to check it out soon. Lots to improve.
- welshonhols2014Dined on 8/3/2014It was our son's birthday and he was made to feel special so that was great alsoSpecial Features:
- Steve PSP14andLP14Dined on 8/1/2014We had dinner here on 8-1-14 and I have to say it was great. The food was outstanding. It is reasonably prices for Florida attractions. I just had dinner at Emerils in Citywalk and would take NBA City all day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was air ballHuskers1Dined on 7/21/2014The experience and food did not meet our families expectations. Burgers and phillies meat were dry and the wings were nothing special.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedKamcmaDined on 7/20/2014Food was delicious and probably one of the best burgers I have ever had. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Food was served promptly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very underwhelming tourist trappeony16Dined on 7/16/2014We were really looking forward to our dinner here being NBA fans. We were quite disappointed. The service was fair at best as the staff didn't seem to care too much about their guest's experiences at the restaurant. The ambiance was lack-luster. Old b-ball games played on various screens through the restaurant and they had some old pictures hanging on the walls. That was about it. They could have done so much more with the theme! As for the food, stick with the wings and ribs. That was all that was good. The salad I ordered was boring and the croutons were stale. My daughter's mac and cheese was awful - plain pasta with a bit of cheese sauce thrown on top. Nothing was worth the money. Take a pass on NBA city - not worth the $.Special Features:
- All NBARChicagoDined on 7/14/2014Great NBA photos throughout the restaurant with a nice big screen for sports viewing. Good burgers too. Great for NBA fans, maybe not for non-fans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so good foodangelflyHiDined on 7/12/2014Great service, kid friendly but I didn't care for the food. Also, I returned my drink it was not what I expected in taste.Special Features:
- Great serviceGreatExperienceDined on 7/11/2014We had a very enjoyable time. The food was very good and reasonably priced. We loved the TV at the table. But what really made the evening was Paula, our server; she was amazing. She was friendly and personable and treated us like old friends. She anticipated our needs and brought us things before we could even ask for them! I.e. extra napkins, limes in our beer, refills etc. She was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful Food! Awful ServiceMinorityReportDined on 7/9/2014First of all, I had to wait approximately 20 minutes before someone came to my table by requesting a server. Then, had to wait an additional 30 minutes to get my food. By this time, my 6 year old was getting extremely tired and hungry. When the food came out, it was awful. The only one that enjoyed the atmosphere was my niece who loves basketball. I waited 20 additional minutes for my return of my card. Will not go back!Special Features:
- Disappointing!!Talfy28Dined on 7/6/2014We were so looking forward to this restaurant!, and the whole experience was very disappointing!! First of all we made our reservation through Open Table for a 12:00 lunch at least a week or two before. That morning we received a call that the restaurant was closed for a private party at that time, and wouldn't be able to accommodate us until 1pm. I appreciated the call, but did think it was a little lame that they tried to blame the website for making the reservation, and not just take responsibility. When we got there they weren't ready, and we witnessed all kinds of chaos, and rude and disinterested employees. Food wasn't great, over-priced, and cleanliness poor. Overall very disappointed and would not recommend!!
- Great for your hubbyFoodieGirlDined on 6/30/2014Awesome place to bring you significant other who is into sports. Awesome food to choose from and the hoops, souvenir store and memorabilia and ambiance brings it all together. Place was really comfy too. I loved the ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simmsouthDined on 6/28/2014Food was good service was poor. She seemed like she didn't want to de there and we where bothering her. When it came time for the bill it took forever wife had to bring it to her for payment. At other Universal restaurants it the same good food slow to poor serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 329 reviews are from the NBA City reviews archive.
- Good FoodMichigan2010Dined on 6/22/2014Food was very good and reasonably priced. There should have been more basketball atmosphere. Maybe statues of players? Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmospherePotankeDined on 6/17/2014The food was delicious and my children loved the huge TVs. I would recommend this anyone looking for a fun night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014First we didn't really have a waiter. One guy took are order then never came back. I have a bean burger that wasn't that good and then had cheesecake that was not impressiveSpecial Features:
- Better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014My partner and I came to this restaurant because of our love for basketball and amazing food. Out expectations were high and NBA City was better than expected. My partner has Celiac and therefore cannot eat gluten, our waiter, Jon, went to get the chef to talk to is about the menu. He arrived promptly, discussed all of the GF options with extra assurance that all sauces are thickened with cornstarch and not flour. It was wonderful! She ended up getting the strip steak that was cooked perfectly at medium rare like she asked. We would love to come here again the next time we are in Orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stop for foodmaccaDined on 6/1/2014We stopped here before going to the Blue Man Group. Really close, good value, great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere and service were greatjrchicago9Dined on 5/31/2014Go here for the fun and you'll get great service. The food choices are limited and quality is fine. Expect high-end bar food and you'll be pleasantly surprised. I'd return if in the area again and a big NBA game is on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!Momto4Dined on 5/29/2014Food was good but the service was better. Everyone was so helpful and they all seemed happy to help. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cobb SaladColoradomomDined on 5/29/2014We took about an hour break from the parks at NBA. It was perfect for us. The food and service was great. I noticed they had room for large groups so that is nice. NBA is kid friendly. They have some games upstairs and a cool NBA store. My son spent all of his vacation money just in that store alone. I recommend for anyone who loves basketball. Walk around and look at all the pictures. Pretty cool!Special Features:
- NBA-themed, but...mdt1955Dined on 5/25/2014We were in Orlando for the weekend, and are Spurs fans, so we thought it would be fun to watch the Spurs playoff game on the big screen at NBA City. Before we went to be seated, we stopped by the store. We were disappointed how little Spurs merchandise they had, as compared to some other teams. Anyway, we went to our table, and our server started out very nice. As the visit grew longer, however, she seemed less friendly, like we were somehow putting her out. At one point she asked if we were going to stay for the whole game, and her tone sounded as if this was a problem. Shouldn't they encourage people to "stay for the game," especially during the playoffs? As for the food, it was okay, but not outstanding, and the pricing was reasonable.Special Features:
- Great Server!!!FrankemlDined on 5/19/2014Our server Christiann provided excellent service. My son & I came her to watch game 1 of the Western Conference finals. All we ordered were the cinnamon berries and coffee. The cinnamon berries are must try. Needless to say, Christiann could have ignored us, but she didn't. She continues to check on us up until we departed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wont go here againMarg062Dined on 5/19/2014I wasn't too impressed with the whole dining experience. The waiter seemed to be too pushy. We were in no hurry and he kept coming back to the table asking for our order. We wanted to see some of the game and he would rather see us leave. The food was average. There was nothing special. Won't go back here again when I am in Orlando.Special Features:
- I expected more...P02673Dined on 5/6/2014My first impression left me a bit let down. The tables and chairs are wooden but don't walk like high-end quality, almost cafeteria style. Our waitress was awesome; she was friendly and helpful and extremely friendly. The food was average at best, but my eight-year-old was excited to be there. Overall I was disappointed with the experience and probably would not go back.Special Features:
- Great place!!BigDDined on 4/11/2014Food was awesome and reasonably priced. Service was great. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.