6068 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nbacity.com/
- Phone: 4073635919
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Executive Chef: Thomas Walker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Our corporate and executive chefs will make any event a great success.
- Entertainment: Our interactive area keeps kids of all ages entertained! Test your skills outside on our basketball court or inside on one of our unique shooting games.
A word from NBA City
NBA City is a complete dining and entertainment venue offering its guests award winning cuisine, exclusive NBA/WBNA authentic merchandise and an interactive basketball game area for fans of all ages.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
NBA City - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
NBA City reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (29)good for groups (22)great for lunch (12)late-night find (7)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (6)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)romantic (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- ehhhhkpowDined on 8/18/2014Four of us dined we all had the same answer to the question "how was our food?" Answer ehhh ok. Nothing specialSpecial Features:
- Always great food and service!Sr5242Dined on 8/16/2014Have eaten here six times and have loved everything thing we've tried. So far my family has tried: burger, pizza, wings, pork chop, Shanghai chicken salad, salmon entree, mahi mahi entree, mahi Mahi sandwich, kids spaghetti, shakes, ribs and chocolate bomb dessert. Everything has been delicious. Service is always friendly and super attentive. This is an absolute must do when we are at UO.Special Features:
- Good overallBrentDined on 8/12/2014Excellent pizza, I wouldn't recommend the salads. Service was good, cool ambiance, fair pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor reflection on the NBAOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2014Poorly themed restaurant with mediocre food. Can't believe the NBA licensed their name to this. Very little in the way of NBA theme inside. Pretty generic restaurant with a few small framed basketball pictures. Underwhelmed!
- NBA City - for basketball fans onlyMMMMDined on 8/7/2014If your a pro basketball fan you will like it. If not - just an average food/ slightly pricey sports bar/food service restaurant. Restaurant was pretty empty for a Friday night. We ate early (6 pm) but I expected the restaurant to be more crowded.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Health Code IssuesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Hair in food. Service was at an all time low ( had reservations ). Food crusted on seats. Waitress ignored us and we never got refills. Food came before utensils. Food was cold by the time utensils got to us. Would never recommend this restaurant to anyone. If NBA is truly connected with this restaurant, they might want to check it out soon. Lots to improve.
- welshonhols2014Dined on 8/3/2014It was our son's birthday and he was made to feel special so that was great alsoSpecial Features:
- Steve PSP14andLP14Dined on 8/1/2014We had dinner here on 8-1-14 and I have to say it was great. The food was outstanding. It is reasonably prices for Florida attractions. I just had dinner at Emerils in Citywalk and would take NBA City all day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was air ballHuskers1Dined on 7/21/2014The experience and food did not meet our families expectations. Burgers and phillies meat were dry and the wings were nothing special.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedKamcmaDined on 7/20/2014Food was delicious and probably one of the best burgers I have ever had. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Food was served promptly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very underwhelming tourist trappeony16Dined on 7/16/2014We were really looking forward to our dinner here being NBA fans. We were quite disappointed. The service was fair at best as the staff didn't seem to care too much about their guest's experiences at the restaurant. The ambiance was lack-luster. Old b-ball games played on various screens through the restaurant and they had some old pictures hanging on the walls. That was about it. They could have done so much more with the theme! As for the food, stick with the wings and ribs. That was all that was good. The salad I ordered was boring and the croutons were stale. My daughter's mac and cheese was awful - plain pasta with a bit of cheese sauce thrown on top. Nothing was worth the money. Take a pass on NBA city - not worth the $.Special Features:
- All NBARChicagoDined on 7/14/2014Great NBA photos throughout the restaurant with a nice big screen for sports viewing. Good burgers too. Great for NBA fans, maybe not for non-fans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so good foodangelflyHiDined on 7/12/2014Great service, kid friendly but I didn't care for the food. Also, I returned my drink it was not what I expected in taste.Special Features:
- Great serviceGreatExperienceDined on 7/11/2014We had a very enjoyable time. The food was very good and reasonably priced. We loved the TV at the table. But what really made the evening was Paula, our server; she was amazing. She was friendly and personable and treated us like old friends. She anticipated our needs and brought us things before we could even ask for them! I.e. extra napkins, limes in our beer, refills etc. She was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful Food! Awful ServiceMinorityReportDined on 7/9/2014First of all, I had to wait approximately 20 minutes before someone came to my table by requesting a server. Then, had to wait an additional 30 minutes to get my food. By this time, my 6 year old was getting extremely tired and hungry. When the food came out, it was awful. The only one that enjoyed the atmosphere was my niece who loves basketball. I waited 20 additional minutes for my return of my card. Will not go back!Special Features:
- Disappointing!!Talfy28Dined on 7/6/2014We were so looking forward to this restaurant!, and the whole experience was very disappointing!! First of all we made our reservation through Open Table for a 12:00 lunch at least a week or two before. That morning we received a call that the restaurant was closed for a private party at that time, and wouldn't be able to accommodate us until 1pm. I appreciated the call, but did think it was a little lame that they tried to blame the website for making the reservation, and not just take responsibility. When we got there they weren't ready, and we witnessed all kinds of chaos, and rude and disinterested employees. Food wasn't great, over-priced, and cleanliness poor. Overall very disappointed and would not recommend!!
- Great for your hubbyFoodieGirlDined on 6/30/2014Awesome place to bring you significant other who is into sports. Awesome food to choose from and the hoops, souvenir store and memorabilia and ambiance brings it all together. Place was really comfy too. I loved the ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simmsouthDined on 6/28/2014Food was good service was poor. She seemed like she didn't want to de there and we where bothering her. When it came time for the bill it took forever wife had to bring it to her for payment. At other Universal restaurants it the same good food slow to poor serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodMichigan2010Dined on 6/22/2014Food was very good and reasonably priced. There should have been more basketball atmosphere. Maybe statues of players? Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmospherePotankeDined on 6/17/2014The food was delicious and my children loved the huge TVs. I would recommend this anyone looking for a fun night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014First we didn't really have a waiter. One guy took are order then never came back. I have a bean burger that wasn't that good and then had cheesecake that was not impressiveSpecial Features:
- Better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014My partner and I came to this restaurant because of our love for basketball and amazing food. Out expectations were high and NBA City was better than expected. My partner has Celiac and therefore cannot eat gluten, our waiter, Jon, went to get the chef to talk to is about the menu. He arrived promptly, discussed all of the GF options with extra assurance that all sauces are thickened with cornstarch and not flour. It was wonderful! She ended up getting the strip steak that was cooked perfectly at medium rare like she asked. We would love to come here again the next time we are in Orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stop for foodmaccaDined on 6/1/2014We stopped here before going to the Blue Man Group. Really close, good value, great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere and service were greatjrchicago9Dined on 5/31/2014Go here for the fun and you'll get great service. The food choices are limited and quality is fine. Expect high-end bar food and you'll be pleasantly surprised. I'd return if in the area again and a big NBA game is on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!Momto4Dined on 5/29/2014Food was good but the service was better. Everyone was so helpful and they all seemed happy to help. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cobb SaladColoradomomDined on 5/29/2014We took about an hour break from the parks at NBA. It was perfect for us. The food and service was great. I noticed they had room for large groups so that is nice. NBA is kid friendly. They have some games upstairs and a cool NBA store. My son spent all of his vacation money just in that store alone. I recommend for anyone who loves basketball. Walk around and look at all the pictures. Pretty cool!Special Features:
- NBA-themed, but...mdt1955Dined on 5/25/2014We were in Orlando for the weekend, and are Spurs fans, so we thought it would be fun to watch the Spurs playoff game on the big screen at NBA City. Before we went to be seated, we stopped by the store. We were disappointed how little Spurs merchandise they had, as compared to some other teams. Anyway, we went to our table, and our server started out very nice. As the visit grew longer, however, she seemed less friendly, like we were somehow putting her out. At one point she asked if we were going to stay for the whole game, and her tone sounded as if this was a problem. Shouldn't they encourage people to "stay for the game," especially during the playoffs? As for the food, it was okay, but not outstanding, and the pricing was reasonable.Special Features:
- Great Server!!!FrankemlDined on 5/19/2014Our server Christiann provided excellent service. My son & I came her to watch game 1 of the Western Conference finals. All we ordered were the cinnamon berries and coffee. The cinnamon berries are must try. Needless to say, Christiann could have ignored us, but she didn't. She continues to check on us up until we departed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wont go here againMarg062Dined on 5/19/2014I wasn't too impressed with the whole dining experience. The waiter seemed to be too pushy. We were in no hurry and he kept coming back to the table asking for our order. We wanted to see some of the game and he would rather see us leave. The food was average. There was nothing special. Won't go back here again when I am in Orlando.Special Features:
- I expected more...P02673Dined on 5/6/2014My first impression left me a bit let down. The tables and chairs are wooden but don't walk like high-end quality, almost cafeteria style. Our waitress was awesome; she was friendly and helpful and extremely friendly. The food was average at best, but my eight-year-old was excited to be there. Overall I was disappointed with the experience and probably would not go back.Special Features:
- The following 317 reviews are from the NBA City reviews archive.
- Great place!!BigDDined on 4/11/2014Food was awesome and reasonably priced. Service was great. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedMinmateDined on 3/30/2014Went here for son's 13th bday on our trip to Orlando. Hostess set a poor tone right off the bat by being dismissive and unattentive. We were seated away from any interesting ambience related to basketball, which is why we went here. The TVs weren't even on in our section. Food was overpriced for so-so quality. Took longer than average to get our food. Did nithing special to recognize the birthday occasion. Wouldn't go here again and will suggest others give it a pass as well.Special Features:
- My 10 Year Old Loved It!PrincessDined on 3/28/2014The food was great and my son really enjoyed the atomsphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother- just go to the shopdelraybeacherDined on 3/22/2014We came during March Madness- tv quality terrible, waiter refused to write our order down and then got it wrong, twice!- not bringing my starving son's food until the adults were done with their meal. Food was luke warm, getting a refill on water seemed to be akin to mounting a broadway show, and the picture on the tvs were blurry and not in HD. (Like they took a cable connection meant for one tv and split it 97 ways...) Manager came out to "assist us" which seemed to delay bringing the screwed up order. Skip this place and just hit the store for your sports fans.Special Features:
- NBA fansCrabman79Dined on 3/21/2014Good fun place for nba fans. Needs to get updated. The arcade area was lacking in technical issues. The score keeper on the machines wee broken. Kinda defeats purpose of paying 4 tokens for that. The screens were nice and large but lacked hd quality. The quality in today's market should be top notch. The food was good but come on no free chocolate milk refills for kids. Seemed to be stuck in 2005.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just okayLovetotravelDined on 3/13/2014Since I was on vacation, I had never been to this restaurant before. I made reservations online for two. When I arrived (on time) I was seated in the bar area-with people who did not make reservations. I was sat in a corner in weird chairs low to the ground .We were sat right near the bar and neither of us drink. It wasn't the experience I wanted on my couples vacation. I ordered a garden salad. It must have been sitting for a while because the shredded cheese had melted and the lettuce was warm;such a bummer . My tomato and mozzarella app was yummy . On the plus side our waiter...who was super busy because of random people walking in and ordering in the bar area...was very friendly and attentive. Overall, the experience was just okay.Special Features:
- fun for hoop fanspamelaDined on 3/8/2014Mediocre food but fun memoribilia for basketball fans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food service good; host not so muchwhwerbDined on 3/8/2014I have been to NBA City two times now and both times I enjoyed the food. I was disappointed with the hostesses both times; the first time they made no attempt to honor my request to sit by the large screen; the second time I made the reservation thru Open Table and they apparently did not make the proper acknowledgement thru Open Table so that it appeared that I was a no show. They also refused to seat me at a booth; stating that they were "reserved" yet booths remained open while I was there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just under averagebensonkVIPDined on 3/3/2014Food was less then average. Service was good as we had a trainee and a trainer taking care of us. French fries where luke warm. Wouldn't recommend it as there are so many other choices within walking distance.
- HostKristeeDined on 3/1/2014Everything was great other than our host. When he went to seat us and we asked for a booth he said that he had to ask first and had an attitude about asking if we could change tables. There were several open booths in the restaurant. Out of the entire restaurant there were only four tables taken. When he went to check and see if it was okay he left us in the middle of the dining room wondering where he went and what he was doing. Just a policy that might be best if changed. If a customer would prefer a booth instead of a table and the restaurant is empty it would be a good idea not to make them feel as if they are inconveniencing you. The waiter was very good and our food was amazing. My boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed his birthday lunch.Special Features: