3705 W. Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nayasunset.com/
- Phone: 3236638268
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room: Daily 6pm-10pm. Lounge: Mon-Fri 6pm-2am, Sat-Sun 3pm-2am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Indian
- Executive Chef: IMRAM ALI MOOKHI
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Open to all catering opportunities.
- Entertainment: Monthly events and a rotating local artists gallery will be a staple of Naya
- Special Events: Naya Sunset is available for special events and filming. Please contact the restaurant directly or email email@example.com
A word from Naya Sunset
Naya Sunset & Naya Lounge, two side-by-side exotic destinations on Sunset Boulevard in Silver Lake, take guests on a journey of unexpected sights and tastes with its Spacecraft-designed interior and modern-Indian cuisine by Chef Imram Ali Mookhi. Naya – “new” in Hindi, is designed to offer patrons a highly personal take on Indian cuisine in a setting that seems lifted from a set designer’s fantasy. The food: modern, California-influenced, Indian-inspired. The setting: utterly unique. Naya Lounge is a dark, moody, gothic/Moroccan scene replete with high ceilings, carved wooden arches, a marble bar and comfortable seating. Naya Sunset – the dining room – is an ethereal and romantic haven with white lace billowing from the ceiling, white leather banquettes and blood red accents. Together they reflect the perceived duality of life, the dark and the light. Naya is exotic, sexy, transporting -- new, indeed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Naya Sunset reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great hopes ruined at the last secSteveVIPDined on 2/14/2013My girlfriend and I walked into Naya one night after having had dinner elsewhere. We were impressed with the romantic decor and feel of the place. Since then, my girlfriend mentioned the place numerous times, so I made reservations for a surprise Valentine's Day dinner. After fighting traffic, and just a few miles away from Naya, they called to say they had to cancel my reservation because the restaurant wasn't going to open that night. NOT open on Valentine's Day?!?!? Who does that?What made it worse was getting the call only 30 minutes before the reservation. Not only had we wasted time in L.A. traffic, but good luck trying to get reservations anywhere else when it's already 5:30pm!Special Features:
- Way too expensive for IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013Way too expensive for Indian food. Our bill for seven people came out to $485 dollars. The indian food is not authentic and extremly small portions. Be aware this isn't worth your money the place is completed dead for a saturday night. Group on deal is a catch just to get you in they charge you for every little thing and its not cheap.....
- Will return...enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/23/2013Will return...enjoyed the atmosphere and the service!Special Features:
- pretty disappointed, althoughClkwmeVIPDined on 1/19/2013pretty disappointed, although food was good,dining areas were empty and very slow service but polite
- Dream-like decor and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013Dream-like decor and very romantic and private. The food was fresh and delicious and more contemporary Indian cuisine.Special Features:
- The food was great and theTokyobounfDined on 11/25/2012The food was great and the service was attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2012The food was excellent, definitely will recommended all friends
- Sunday Night Poor ServiceTinaVIPDined on 11/18/2012Food was outstanding along with the presentation Out Door Dinning Was Warm With Fireplaces Service was VERY POOR WE WAITED AND WAITED OTHER CUSTOMERS THAT Came after us were waitedwith in a short time.We then were served soup and we had NOT EVEN ORDERED/ THREE HOURS LATER WE WERE FINALLY GIVEN OUR BILL TO PAY FOR OUR MEALSpecial Features:
- Absent Dining Room ManagerOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/10/2012The restauarnt didn't have a host when we arrived to seat us, and we subsequently learned that they were having a special event in the main dining room that we not advised about when we were seated. Not sure if that was the reason why, but the service was terrible, and the servers seemed clueless about who amongst regular patrons had ordered what food and drink. No apolgies were forth coming for a bad experience. Obviously, the place is poorly managed, and satff not properly trained. Lastly, the specially priced meal for 2 didn't make sense price-wise, because the food would have been less if ordered al a carte. We had purchased a coupon from Livingsocial, so we paid less than the special menu price, but someone wasn't paying attention.
- The food was good. In manyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2012The food was good. In many ways better than what I rated. However, my impression was hampered by some epic poor service. It wasn't even busy but the staff seemed to have no idea how to run a room. It took us 10 minutes to order a drink upon sitting down an another 20 minutes before we got it. 40 more to get out food and god forbid anyone checked on us in between. I virtually never come off a 18-20% tip and this night I considered sending a message with no tip at all. I did end up leaving about 8% for the mere fact they occasionally walked to and from my table with stuff or to carry stuff away... Epic fail. Will not be going back.
- Slow but friendly service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012The staff was polite and courteous but half of the staff seem like they were lost and unsure what to do at times. The service was extremely slow and we had to wait a very long time for our food to arrive. It took over 2 hours to complete our meal. To be fair the manager did come by our table and apologize for the slow service because of the new staffing. Overall the whole experience wasn't bad except for the long wait. We did find the restaurant quite beautiful and unique. The food was also good. We think the restaurant has potential to be a better. Hopefully they will iron out the kinks. We will definitely give it another try in the near future.
- I will return because of theGardeniaVIPDined on 11/9/2012I will return because of the food but mostly because of Agata's genuine desire to make it great! She is wonderful.Special Features:
- We loved the food here (especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012We loved the food here (especially the cheese naan!) and the prices were very good. They did, however, appear to have forgotten about our reservation. We were seated upstairs where we were kind if firgotten about for chunks of the evening. I would go back but make sure I was seated on the main floor. I would also go earlier as starting at 9pm they cleared tables and it became more of a club/bar with loud music-not our scene.Special Features:
- Disappointing, bland, tasteless,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/19/2012Disappointing, bland, tasteless, poor quality food at high end prices. The restaurant looks great, but they were breaking it down halfway through our poorly timed 7:30 dinner for some kind of club. Not worth the visit at any price.
- Very attentive service, madeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Very attentive service, made us feel welcomed and good was great.Special Features:
- If you're using a grouponOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/5/2012If you're using a groupon or living social voucher be aware, the meal does not come with veggies or bread(Naan).
- Naya:Beautiful rose w/ a few thornsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2012Naya is a beautiful rose w/ a few thorns. Romantic decor in the main dining area w/ white fabric draping from the ceiling; candle lit tables w/red flowers. Patio dining area is great for groups, esp LOUD groups but bring a jacket or sit close to the fire pit; friendly staff (including valet); street parking isn't ideal, valet and save your heels; limited menu options but closer to appropriate portion sizes than most places. Wait staff is 50/50. Some are more attentive than others but we never intended to be there 3-4 hours due to the slower service. Our dessert was slightly disappointing and expensive. We were charged full price even though they decided to send it incomplete. We were told the ice cream melted affecting presentation.Special Features:
- It was long ago when I wentricericebabyVIPDined on 9/29/2012It was long ago when I went but I still remember a mosaic of white cascading from ceiling to wall. It was great. We ordered pretty much everything and was quite satisfied. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a such great time. IMayuVIPDined on 9/9/2012We had a such great time. I will be back Naya soon!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, great soup,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012Great atmosphere, great soup, but the entrees were a serious let-down.
- Go. You won't be sorry.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012Great food. Though I would have apreciated a more pro-actively informed waiter. He may have wanted to suggest double portions for our large group. Amazing ambiance and choice of three distinct, beautiful, and individual rooms. Great service. The manager came by and introduced herself. Fireside dining. $5 happy hour and overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed the loungeBobbyDined on 9/4/2012I really enjoyed the lounge area and the food itself.Special Features:
- The service was REALLY slowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012The service was REALLY slow but the food and ambiance were OUTSTANDING! The manager also came and checked on us, she was very nice.Special Features:
- lovely back patio, fireplaces,AdultMaleVIPDined on 8/24/2012lovely back patio, fireplaces, a bit cool in the evening. Food was uneven, some quite good some average. Bar scene in the front, but the noise is contained. I will probably go back.Special Features:
- The place is beautifully decoratedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2012The place is beautifully decorated in white and crimson red. The food was outstanding! The service was also great. Great evening!Special Features:
- Lovely space and great service,FriedaDined on 7/28/2012Lovely space and great service, but the California cuisine entrees are nothing special. The Indian dishes were more interesting.Special Features:
- This is a great place forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012This is a great place for a romantic evening! The drinks are Amazing!!Special Features:
- The place is beautifully decorated.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2012The place is beautifully decorated. Waiter was very attentive, explained all the sauces and food prep. Food was good but not spectacular, portions are rather small and choices are quite limited. The best thing was Garlic Naan and side rice.Special Features:
- Naya SunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2012I would've given 5 star but the waitreses seam alll over the place she even run my surprise cake for the birthday person, ask me in fron of the party did they bring out the cake smh. Food is excellent, but customer service not soo good. this is my 2nd time there.Special Features:
- Loved the outdoor experience!meg805Dined on 7/14/2012The outdoor dining area was amazing! Very romantic and quiet. We had a great time, our waitress was very friendly and attentive.. If I had a suggestion it would be to offer traditional samosas and chicken curry otherwise I will be sticking to the appetizers.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant and reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/8/2012Beautiful restaurant and really good food. The wait staff was super friendly and attentive. Will definitely go back to check out the lounge as well.
- Disappointing on many levels.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012Disappointing on many levels. Does Not live up to the web site image at all. The food was so so... Wait staff were good looking but untrained. Style but no substance.
- Server was pushy with hisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2012Server was pushy with his suggestions, all his recommendations were based on the price. I went here with my girlfriend, the outdoor patio where we ended up eating and the inside seating were spectacular. They had a great fire pit and offered us to smoke hookah. I wouldn't call myself a particularly avid fan of Indian food, but overall the food was okay. The experience inside the restaurant is more for what I didn't mind paying for. Drink specials were great, interesting in nature (I had a burning rosemary bush in mine). Worth a try but I don't think I will be going back.Special Features:
- Good Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2012I really enjoyed this restaurant. I wasn't the biggest fan of Indian food, but after eating here I have gained a new appreciation for it. Great flavors! I totally recommend the "butter chicken masala". It was excellent!Special Features:
- It was definitely strangeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/24/2012It was definitely strange to be the only diners in the restaurant the entire time we were there though it was on a Sunday early evening. Would definitely NOT recommend ordering a margarita as it tasted like nothing more than extremely sweet sugar water. Food however was extremely good, though this place I think is trying to be too fancy in the neighborhood it is in. Would work better in Beverly Hills, not Silverlake. Also, if we make a reservation for 6pm we would hope to be greeted by someone at the door however this was not the case. I had to hunt someone down in order to be seated. Though the food was very delicious there was nothing about the experience that would invite us back.
- Naya Sunset needs Naya Service planOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012Dinner started with Sasha's coconut shrimp, and it was very delicious, although for $11 we only received three medium sized shrimp. For cocktails we got Midnight Lush, and Burning Rose, both very tasty, and for our entrees we got the Chicken Tandoori, and the Vindaloo Chicken (which wasn't on our menu but we took our waiters suggestion). Both plates were good in taste, proportion and presentation. Our waiter seemed frustrated when we asked him about dishes and his suggestions (Which were coincidentally the most expensive items) and chose something else. However it was very romantic, but there were dead bugs in the hanging white lamps in the dining room. For the price and service quality probably won't return but it was decent Indian food.Special Features:
- Food was pretty good. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2012Food was pretty good. Service was mediocre. The restaurant itself is beautiful.Special Features:
- Took my gf for a quite evening,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012Took my gf for a quite evening, it was quite alrite, the parking was horrible ,they claim they have valet parking but when we got their no valet was out their so i had to drive around twice to find a parking. The food was ok , didnt like how i paid an was waiting for my change an it never came. He didnt gave me the option to put the tip he just took my change. Over all place was ok.Special Features:
- Naya- a new twist to modern IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2012Naya (the name means 'new' in Hindi) is one of Silverlake's hottest additions and a godsend for lovers of modern Indian and fusion cuisine. The bar has an understated coolness to it- exposed brickwork and subtle Asian aesthetics in the lounge, the warm glow of the bar at the far end draw you over in a 'hey! The party starts HERE' kind of way... I tried a mojito type drink made of Grape liquor that was delicious. The restaurant area was almost empty- I guess word is still not out. For the most part the food didn't disappoint- the choice of dishes and their presentation are both superb (eg sea bass with black rice), and so refreshing to see at an Indian joint. The lamb kebab starters should have been hotter.. but I will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- This place has horrible food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2012This place has horrible food, the samosas soup tandoori need to be thought about again. The chicken Marsala sauce is delicious but needs more chicken. The lamb chops I will say we're delicious. Bottle service is priced fine but I was charged another 72 for gratuity when only 5 of us ordered the bottle. My party of 30 which were the only people at this place because it was dead paid separately as they came. I love the venue, and the belly dancer is amazing.Special Features: