Nawab Indian Cuisine - Williamsburg
204 Monticello Avenue
Williamsburg, VA 23185Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Nawab Indian Cuisine - Williamsburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nawabonline.com/
- Phone: (757) 565-3200
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our catering menu is available on our website or please call for more information.
A word from Nawab Indian Cuisine - Williamsburg
Nawab is a fine Indian restaurant featuring outstanding authentic North Indian Cuisine, served in an elegant surroundings. We are located in the Monticello Shopping Center.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nawab Indian Cuisine - Williamsburg reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (5)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Another good visit.The3CsDined on 11/15/2014This was our 5th or 6th visit to Nawab. Some of the food seemed slightly off their usual high standard. It was still very nice, but not quite at its peak. Still, overall this is an excellent dining option in Williamsburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been a whilediascundDined on 10/28/2014It had been 2-3 years since I was last here. Went with a friend for lunch (buffet) and ate too much. Attentive, friendly service. Nicely decorated and clean with good food. Will not wait so long before I returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely deliciousLuvsfordDined on 10/8/2014We always enjoy Nawab. It is our weekly go to restaurant. We go there for date night and just regular weeknights. And sometimes we take the kids.Special Features:
- Delicious, authentic and friendly!CarrerascottDined on 9/20/2014Don't let the unassuming strip mall location fool you. This was some delicious authentic Indian food! Family run, they were very friendly and offered advice and expertise. We went on a very crowded night but service was still very good. I'd definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LDLDDined on 9/20/2014This was our third time dining at Nawab and the food is always delicious. Our college student daughter loves the lunch buffet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 52 reviews are from the Nawab Indian Cuisine - Williamsburg reviews archive.
- Very pleasant dinnerDawnKDined on 7/5/2014Our food was delicious. Especially enjoyed the Naan - the one with Cherries and coconut was a good substitute for dessert. Was nicely decorated inside. Don't let the old strip mall location deter you from dining here. The food and service was great.Special Features:
- Nawab Never Fails to DelightFishLoverDined on 6/28/2014As always this trip to Nawab in Williamsburg was delicious. Love the restaurant's refurbished look. Don't let the looks of the shopping center location keep you from experiencing Nawab's delicious food and gracious service.Special Features:
- NawabbillDined on 6/1/2014Very good Indian food..Friendly service..Sort of hidden in strip mall..Special Features:
- Modest outlook but extremely tastyheclexVIPDined on 5/13/2014appetizer sampler, different kind of breads, sauces, tandoori entrees: all very balanced flavored and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IloveNawabDined on 5/11/2014Nawab is so delicious - some of the best Indian food I've ever had. It's easily one of the best restaurants in Williamsburg!Special Features:
- Great Indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2014The food and service at Nawab was very good. Definitely worth going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!ZaraVIPDined on 4/18/2014Food was wonderful. Service was attentive and helpful. Enjoy a delicious dinner ay Nawab!Special Features:
- Service not up to parWmbgfanDined on 4/17/2014I have enjoyed Nawab for years but was disappointed that the service at my recent visit was not up to the usual high standard. None of the drink items on the menu ordered by our party were available though substitute items were brought. Service was inept and not well co-ordinated. Many of the servers seemed uncomfortable with English & were impossible for our table to understand. Communication was accomplished largely through hand signals. A vast departure from previous gracious service & congenial conversations of the host. Fortunately the food was delicious as always. The staff seemed new & completely overwhelmed by their busy dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed my meal.WVUHammyDined on 4/9/2014Brought some family and friends to dinner here as an introduction to Indian food. The waitstaff was very helpful in explaining items and helping my friends pick accessible food for first timers. Food was good but not great, service was sincere and helpful. I would go again when I'm in Williamsburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly GoodGothamFoodieVIPDined on 3/21/2014As spoiled NYC expense account food snobs, we had low expectations for Indian food in Williamsburg, VA on our night out to escape the children during a Williamsburg vacation. What a pleasant surprise! It's white tablecloth, but a lively ambiance, not stuffy. The service was professional - with food delivered promptly and simultaneously to the table by multiple waters for larger tables - but friendly when we opened a conversation about my wife's time in India. The food was sensational. The great food and warm service made our mid-vacation date night a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinnerMarleneMDined on 3/13/2014We had a delicious dinner at Nawab while visiting Williamsburg. It was a welcome alternative from the more typical American fare and we enjoyed the leftovers from the generous portions. The atmosphere is comfortable and attractive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just great!BeegeVIPDined on 3/4/2014The food was outstanding and the service felt as though we were in a family home, enjoying a family meal! Wonderful! We shall be back as soon as possible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantilclbtDined on 1/1/2014Although located in a strip mall that looks like it has seen better days, Nawab is a real hidden gem. The restaurant looks fresh and inviting with an attractive decor. The food is excellent and reasonably priced for quality Indian food. If you are in Willimsburg and looking for something a little different from the usual tourist spots, this is absolutely worth a visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Repeat CustomerRCFlyerDined on 12/31/2013Have been here several times with friends and by ourselves and always have good time with good food and good service. First time thru the door was a plesant surprise. We have enjoyed it each time. While it has not affected the food or service, I have not seen the manager there recently that we always found helpful in advising us on dinner selections. May have just been there on his day off.Special Features:
- Delicious!NewtownSqGalDined on 12/28/2013My family and I were visiting Williamsburg for a few days, and tried this local restaurant. The food was great and we will be sure to return next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- Food was very bad n servicesrinivasDined on 12/21/2013Food was very bad n service was bad. Customers were not treated soberly..
- Best Indian food aroundBarryVIPDined on 11/15/2013Have eaten Indian food all over the world. From the Cinnamon Club in London to the small restaurants in New Delhi. This little restaurant in a small shopping center in Williamsburg is a great find with a family atmosphere and very traditional good food at modest prices. Would strongly recommend if you are a fan of Indian foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic IndianDCDiner52VIPDined on 10/25/2013As a college student at William & Mary, I always enjoyed Nawab, and I have been hard pressed to find better Indian anywhere else since. I returned this year for homecoming, and to my delight, Nawab was just as good, if not better, than I had remembered. The food was superb, the service quick and accomodating, and the ambience has been improved with better interior decorating.Special Features:
- good servicebl413Dined on 10/18/2013We received great service at Nawab. One of my dishes came out a little cold and they took it right back and brought me a new hot one. The food here seems to have gotten better this past year.Special Features:
- Delicious!Conifer1Dined on 9/4/2013Very good food. They should charge just to walk in the door and breathe. We started with drinks and assorted appetizer plate, cut into pieces to share - easily enough for two, just a little sample for 4. I had the vegetarian creamed spinach w/cheese, and exchanged a few spoonfuls with meat-ordering tablemates. Others had 2 different chicken curries which they enjoyed. Another had lamb biryani, an enormous portion of lamb, rice and sauce. Had to order garlic naan. . .so good. Wish they had a few more wines by the glass (like sauvignon blanc) and craft beers. Also, with few in restaurant that evening, music got a little raucous/loud at times for easy conversation. Lunch Is a bargain, fabulous buffet. Love the rice pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NawabTXAg82Dined on 7/27/2013Food is great. If you are vegan or vegetarian, call before going to lunch buffet. Sometimes they have great options, and sometimes they have next to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nawab Cuisine Is FanatasticHadleyDined on 7/22/2013I had the Tandoori Shrimp Appetizer, Garlic Naan Bread, and The Curried Goat. All three were excellent. At first they gave me some poppadums with a light green chutney which was delicious. The food was of great quality, a nice atmosphere, and attentive service. I would definately reccomend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2013Wasn't sure what to expect but my friends from manhattan loved it. Food was excellent and so was service !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting MixOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/30/2013Its got Bollywood music but a fine dining atmosphere. The food was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- End of year lunchWineFoodieDined on 5/31/2013A group of us got together for lunch at the end of the school year. Nawab has a AWESOME lunch buffet. There is something for most everyone - both meat-eaters and vegetarians. I was glad I made a reservation because the place was packed. Even though it was packed the wait staff was very nice and seemed able to handle the number of people. I am hard of hearing and was worried that I would not be able to interact with my friends because of the number of people in the restaurant but that wasn't the case at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing LunchhistoryisfunDined on 5/11/2013The buffet is well worth coming to this restaurant in and of itself! Dinner is wonderful too and the staff is very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch buffetHausfrauDined on 4/29/2013Three of us had the buffet lunch at Nawab recently. The buffet space is a little cramped but the selection of dishes was good and mostly well executed. The food could have been a little spicier to suit us but overall we were happy with it. The restaurant has a simple, attractive decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as other reviews.FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/27/2013Not as good as other reviews.Food was average and not the depth of flavor I expect from Indian food. Service was very cordial. In a strip mall but inside as nice as they could make it.
- We visit Nawab every year,KirkinMDVIPDined on 4/18/2013We visit Nawab every year, during our vacation week in Williamsburg. It never disappoints us. This time, we were quite surprised at the speed with which our appetizers and entrees arrived at the table.
- Located in a nondescript stripBobbDined on 3/23/2013Located in a nondescript strip mall, Nawab offers surprisingly tasty Indian food. My dining partner had the mixed grill and reported that the lamb was among the best she has had in quite some time. Nawab is obviously very popular with locals; even though the parking lot and surroundings were quiet, the restaurant was quite busy for relatively early on a Saturday night. If you happen to be in Williamsburg, avoid the tourist spots and come here instead. It is located equidistant from Colonial Williamsburg and the outlet malls, about five minutes drive from each.Special Features:
- "I love the relaxed feel,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012"I love the relaxed feel, saver was polite and helpful. The food was Delicious .Special Features:
- My husband was a little hesitantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2012My husband was a little hesitant to go to an Indian restaurant - but during the meal he kept saying: "This is SO GOOD!"Special Features:
- Out of IndiaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2012We were all delighted with the experience of dining at Nawab. An unexpected pleasure. Service was very friendly and attentive. The food was delicious. We are out-of-towners from Texas and DC. We will put this restaurant on the top of our list when we have an opportunity to return to Williamsburg. We thought the idea of placing the sauces to the side was creative and up to date. I had the tandoori salmon. Don't be put off by the outside appearance of the restaurant located in a small, out of the way strip mall. Once through the door you enter a different ambiance especially in the candle light of evening dining. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Small, friendly environment;OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/23/2012Small, friendly environment; I was greeted and seated immediately upon my arrival; friendly hostess and waitress; my order arrived promptly and was good tasting although the appetizer could have been served just a tad warmer..not quite warm enough. Overall, a very good experience and I would return again to try another entree; recommend ..there is something on the menu for everybody.Special Features:
- Food and service were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2012Food and service were excellent. Definitely recommend.Special Features: