Nawab Indian Cuisine - Virginia Beach
756 First Colonial Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Nawab Indian Cuisine - Virginia Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nawabonline.com/
- Phone: 7574918600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our catering menu is available on our website or please call for more information.
A word from Nawab Indian Cuisine - Virginia Beach
Nawab is a fine Indian restaurant featuring outstanding authentic North Indian Cuisine, served in an elegant surroundings. We are located at Hilltop Shopping Center.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nawab Indian Cuisine - Virginia Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelQuiet
- BruceincharlotteVIPDined on 8/22/2014Nawab is another medium-to-high class Indian with fancy menus and white table linen and a lot of staff. But it's good. Starting with the poppadoms and mint sauce. Kingfisher on draft and other beers available in bottles. To start, I had a chaat papri that was good and crunchy but I found it to be a little more bland than I prefer. For main, I chose a chicken kozhambu in a medium spice level, a curry I don't recall having before. It arrived with the ordered garlic naan (really good naan) and the spice was excellent. Just enough for the zing on my lips but not too hot that it hurt. The chunks of chicken were tender and a little bit more than bite sized. It was really good. As good as Saffron? Sure, "I'm a fan." But not "as good as it gets."I would recommend this to a friend.
- AKkrDined on 7/14/2014Worst indian food I ever eat. The meat was smelling and service was horrendous.
- Consistent qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/27/2014Nice lunch buffet, quality consistent, multiple choices, mildly spiced for the American tastebuds. Staff attentive. Room nicely decorated, soft Indian music playing in the background added to the ambiance.Special Features:
- The best pit stopTboneDined on 5/12/2014It's a given that I stop here every time I come to virginia beach. That is at least twice a year . The best Indian food along the shore. Large portions and great service . Will always stop there and Bring others when they are with meSpecial Features:
- Some like it hot, some notSteveDined on 9/21/2013Based on reading previous reviews, we ordered all of our dishes hot. The heat level turned out to be at the lower end of medium. We tried the mixed appetizers and all were excellent. The Dal Makhani was truly among the best we have ever had. The Lamb with Okra on the other hand contained nothing that we could recognize as okra, however the lamb and tomatoes that it did contain were excellent. We would certainly dine here again, only asking for the food to be "extra hot." Oddly two ladies at a table next to our ordered everything medium and then complained that the food burned their tongues!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Indian foodsince2011VIPDined on 7/31/2013Nice decor and ambience, but the service, while pleasant, seemed a bit disorganized. The food is good, although flavors have been toned down too much for my taste. Portions are fairly generous for the price. Crisp cumin poppadums come with a fresh green chutney as a complimentary starter. The dal makhni (lentils) was very good. But some of the other food was, well, bland. The mixed kebab appetizer would make a main course for one and easily served two, but the salmon kebab was much less successful than the chicken and lamb. The chicken tikka, ordered mild, was creamy and succulent but pallid. Lamb vindaloo, 'medium', was tasty but only mildly hot. The standout item was a side, aloo kulcha, aka grilled flat bread stuffed with spinach. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2013Loved the special attention we received in picking our dishes! Everyone from our waitress to owner were so nice and polite and very helpful with helping us choose our dishes! The food was delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My family and I dined hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2012My family and I dined here on Saturday evening. We received the worst service and the food was not what we expected. With most Indian cuisines, you get a plethora of whatever you order. Their portions were small and outrageously priced. Nawab, you need work!
- The food was excellent but,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2012The food was excellent but, the amount of time we waited was ridiculous. People who sat down 15 minutes later than us received their entrees before we even got our appetizers.Special Features: