Nawab Indian Cuisine - Norfolk
888 N Military Hwy
Norfolk, VA 23502Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Nawab Indian Cuisine - Norfolk
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nawabonline.com/
- Phone: (757) 455-8080
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our catering menu is available on our website or please call for more information.
A word from Nawab Indian Cuisine - Norfolk
Nawab is a fine Indian restaurant featuring outstanding authentic North Indian Cuisine, served in an elegant surroundings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nawab Indian Cuisine - Norfolk reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (3)good for groups (2)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Dinner was OK, Lunch is Ideal!ExceptionalDiningDined on 9/26/2014At lunch time they offer a fairly decent Buffett, but their dinner was on the pricier side for the same ambience and same great service. The lamb that I ordered at dinner was on the dry side, however the goat my wife ordered was exceptional. I should've ordered that too. It was tender and with the bones in made it that much more flavorful. But the lunch gives you a nice Buffett sampler of their dishes which is why I like that more and the price is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss the lunch buffet!ARGfoodieDined on 7/29/2014Excellent food! We have been coming here for over twenty years. Flavorful and top quality. Many vegetarian delights. Fish (Salmon-high quality) Tika MASALA is incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 17 reviews are from the Nawab Indian Cuisine - Norfolk reviews archive.
- Delightful!ZaraVIPDined on 5/26/2014From the appetizers to the main course the food was delicious. I cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- PinerguyDined on 2/22/2014Food was good, service was good. I ordered medium hot and the food was served a little to hot and spicy for me. Very flavorfull, but hot.Special Features:
- A treatCatdaddyDined on 1/13/2014Their service is warm, their ambience subdued and quiet. The food, however, is utterly outstanding. They carefully tailor the spice levels to your taste, and mix sauces that you will dream about for a week. Don't miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice for our first IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2013Very nice for our first Indian Restaurant in the Chesapeake area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious BuffetHankeringforIndianDined on 9/6/2013Met with a group of ladies for lunch. Two had never had Indian food before that day. We thought a buffet would be the perfect way to introduce them to the fare. Every person in our group went back for seconds! Nawab has never let me down. Their foods buffet has the perfect blends of spicy and non-spicy foods, the naan is always made to perfection and they serve a good mix of meat an non-meat choices. Everything on the buffet was clearly labeled and nicely displayed. I would recommend Nawab because it is a good place for groups to meet, the food, and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nawab BuffetFoodCriticDined on 8/4/2013Great buffet on weekends and good dining anytime! We prefer this location to the one in Virginia Beach (which is smaller)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2013The food was really great. The service was fine. A little mix up with the sauce but all is well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where was everyone?docgmVIPDined on 6/19/2013My family dined at Nawab on a Wednesday night, arriving about an hour after their opening time of 5 p.m. We were the only guests in the restaurant. It was not because Nawab lacks in quality! Every item ordered was delicious. The only problem was that a bowl of rice was not delivered with the entrees. That was corrected moments after I brought it to the server's attention and he was very kind to see that we wee amply supplied with fresh rice, even for our take-out boxes. The staff was unfamiliar with the $20 Open Table discount coupon I included in my payment. The server called the owner about it and there were no problems at all with using it at Nawab. We have dined here before but not for several years. My family wants to return soon!Special Features:
- The best Indian food around!ARGfoodieDined on 6/17/2013We have been Nawab fans for note than twenty years. Fish Tikka Marsala is my favorite! They are attentive and helpful-especially if you are new to Indian cuisine. Buffet for lunch is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice staff, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/18/2013Very nice staff, food was very good but the dinner prices are a little expensive for the portions. Drinks are expensive also. Paid $20 for two shots. But I hear the lunch buffet is really good so I will try that next.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013Food was plentiful and tasty. The staff was very attentive to our table. Easy to find. Parking was limited but not a show stopper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nawab is a great place anytime.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012nawab is a great place anytime. The food, service, and ambiance is always top notch.
- Authentic!CatdaddyDined on 7/23/2012Quiet ambiance; outstanding cuisine. Generous use of spices, but always offer to adjust 'heat' to your taste. Proper tandoori cooking!Special Features:
- Great food, Scallops wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2011Great food, Scallops were amazing. Some staff is very helpful if you have questions. One in particular was very rude though, rushed us through everything. They accidentally took my plate away when I wanted it to-go but they made me new food to take with me without me even saying a word!Special Features:
- Attentive and very helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/27/2011Attentive and very helpful waiting staff, excellent food.
- Nawab's chef uses plenty ofOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/30/2010Nawab's chef uses plenty of high-quality ingredients in his sauces.. for example the Lamb Vindaloo is what I use to gauge whether a restaurant is skimping on ingredients. Nawab (Norfolk)'s chef takes the time to use plenty of herbs and spices to bring out very pleasant, complex tastes to the sauces.Special Features:
- We have eaten here 6 to 8OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/20/2010We have eaten here 6 to 8 times over the past few monthes it is always nice and quiet, the food is very very good, they will prepare it as mild or as spicy as you request, service is alwayes impecable.Special Features: