Nawab Indian Cuisine - Newport News
11712 Jefferson Avenue
Newport News, VA 23606Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Nawab Indian Cuisine - Newport News
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nawabonline.com/
- Phone: (757) 591-9200
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our catering menu is available on our website or please call for more information.
A word from Nawab Indian Cuisine - Newport News
Nawab is a fine Indian restaurant featuring outstanding authentic North Indian Cuisine, served in an elegant surroundings. We are located in Oyster Point Square.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Nawab Indian Cuisine - Newport News - Best Restaurants in Newport News ›
Nawab Indian Cuisine - Newport News reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (2)neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- For this area...pretty goodFaliDined on 8/8/2014I've had Indian cuisine from many different types of Indian restaurants and the food here was good. It wasn't the best I've had but good nevertheless. The restaurant was clean, the staff was pleasant, and the ambiance was very nice. I would go there again and would recommend it to anyone to hasn't tried Indian food yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Nawab Indian Cuisine - Newport News reviews archive.
- Nawab just okayeatsDined on 7/19/2014First time at the restaurant, wait staff had a difficult time understanding us which we had three different waiters. One got everything right. Food, some tasty other things not so tasty. Maybe Indian cuisine is not for me. Will not repeat, bread was delicious.Special Features:
- oknayinvaDined on 6/27/2014Food was okay but really nothing that took it over the top for me. Wine is not sold by the glass and I was the only wine drinker at my table. I think I will just stick to cooking at home!Special Features:
- I always enjoy eating at bothFishLoverDined on 3/26/2014I always enjoy eating at both the Newport News and Williamsburg locations of Nawab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now I'm Spoiled Forever.KatieDined on 2/21/2014Relatively new to INdian cuisine, my husband and I discovered this place during the first week we lived in Newport News, and we can't stop going back! The lunch buffet is delicious with a wide variety of flavors -- every item has a unique blend of spices. (I am not usually a fan of buffets.) We took a friend for dinner the other night, and she couldn't get enough. Be sure to order some bread for the table to go with dinner (though they do serve wafers with a dipping sauce to start) -- we loved the Paneer-Chili-Mango Kulcha. Oh, and the atmosphere is about as up-scale as a strip mall location can get. We were shocked it wasn't busier on a Friday night, and I'm positive if this was in a more obvious location, reservations would be a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ExperiencePyrielDined on 2/14/2014I booked a reservation through OpenTable for Nawab on Valentines Day well in advance. When I showed up with my wife for our reserved time there was a line of reservations in front of us. Apparently someone who works for Nawab signed them up for OpenTable but decided to never check it. We stood in line for a few minutes but after looking around you could see that the majority of tables were being ignored so we left. The whole time we were standing around waiting not ONE Nawab employee even looked at us, talked to us or apologized. Accidents happen and how you respond to events like this is how you can make a name for providing great service. Nawab failed on all counts. It will be a long time before/if We ever go back.
- HorribleTreyDined on 2/14/2014I had reservations at 7 but didnt get seated until 745. Both of the orders came out wrong and it was horrible customer service. Im never going back again.Special Features:
- Delicious Indian CuisineJoHannaDined on 1/28/2014Our dinner was great. We took advantage of Nawab's Restaurant Week 3-course dinner. Just the right amount of heat made the dishes. Thanks for a delicious eveing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very good dining experiencedinerDined on 11/10/2013Finally, a restaurant got the lighting just right: not too bright, not too dark. Complimentary papad (spicy lentil flour wafers) after placing your order, which many Indian restaurants nickel & dime you on. Tikka masala is delicious, even though it technically isn't Indian (it's British). Dessert portions are small, but after an Indian meal, it's just the right amount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a sure bet.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/10/2013We have been to Nawab several times over the last few years, and we always have a great experience. The food is delicious, the portions generous, and the service friendly and professional. It's great to have something special in a region whose food choices are dominated by national chain mediocrity. Great job, Nawab! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Saturday ...hiballDined on 6/29/2013Restaurant was very quiet, which we rather enjoyed. Overall, food was excellent in taste and quality, but the "spicy" dish we ordered was a lot more mild than we expected. Will definitely go back ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always something delicious and newJuliafanVIPDined on 5/17/2013The owner suggested I try a new lamb dish and it was, as ever, delicious. I always have the best meals here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great neighborhood gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/9/2012We make regular trips to enjoy Indian cuisine, and Nawab never disappoints!Special Features:
- Some Indian spice in Newport NewsMrCory0099VIPDined on 9/8/2012Nawab in NN is a great find for Indian! They will cook you things not on the menu if you have a dish that you like and it's not advertised. Spicey, spicey, love it!Special Features:
- This is a nice, quiet restaurant.CharlesWDined on 8/17/2012This is a nice, quiet restaurant. It has very good food and excellent service for a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Nawab has the premier IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2012Nawab has the premier Indian food in the Hampton Roads area. The food and the service was fantastic! We have been going there for years and it was perfect for our party of 18.Special Features:
- Friendly and FunOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/1/2012Very good food. First time at an Indian restaurant and the waitress was awesome explaining the dishes and helping my husband and I pick out our dinner. The assorted bread variety was delicious! Very friendly restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food and good value.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/28/2012Great food and good value. Took two colleagues who werent crazy about indian food to nawab and they already are talking about going back.Special Features:
- Indian food done wellhamproadsfoodieVIPDined on 2/25/2012Nawab is very good [not too spicy] Indian buffet. The lunch is very affordable, $10 per person on a weekend and we didn't even eat dinner we had so much to eat!Special Features:
- Excellent food and very accommodatiOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/21/2012Excellent food and very accommodating staff. We informed them that our group was attending a performance nearby and they served us quickly and were very attentive to our needs. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Wow, the food is outstanding.RickVIPDined on 10/25/2011Wow, the food is outstanding. I could have eaten all night long. It's located in a strip mall but do not let that stop you. We shared food and the entire table had trouble deciding which meal was the best.Special Features:
- NAWAB is a very good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2011NAWAB is a very good choice for Indian food. I love the lunch buffet during the week and the brunch buffet on Sundays. The dishes are not too spicy and can also be recommended if you have never tried Indian food before. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming since the restaurant is decorated with Indian artifacts.Special Features:
- Go early if you want peace & quiet.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011Nice lighting and waterfalls, but when larger tables got filled, it got loud.Special Features:
- A very personable experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2011A very personable experience, every visit. Fine quality food paired with fine quality service.Special Features:
- Making grown people cry....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2011I've always enjoyed the Nawab in Williamsburg, however now I live closer to the one in Newport News, and honestly even though I've never been to all the locations I think this must be their flagship, everything is gorgeous, from decor to food presentation. This would even make a great date locale, admit it ladies, who of you wouldn't want their man-date in tears showing his sensitive side, sure we can blame it on the Indian hot but....Special Features:
- We had been driving pass thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2011We had been driving pass this restaurant for about 4 yrs., saying we want to try it. Our experience there on Feb. 14th was truely a very nice experience. Not being familiar with the restaurant we tried quite few of the sample dishes so we could get a good sense of the restaurants cuisine. My wife and I truely enjoyed the Food, Service, Ambiance and I was really impreessed by the lack of a lot of noise from the other diners. We have founda new place to go for Dinner.Special Features:
- Great Evening OutRandS2Dined on 2/14/2011Restaurant had a friendly, yet somewhat elegant feel. Nice white tablecloths and a vase with a real rose made a very nice setting for our Valentines Day Dinner. The servers were very friendly and the food was excellent--just the right amount of spices to give everything a delicious taste (while not being too spicy). There was a nice selection on the menu and the breads were especially delicious! We will be going back there again!Special Features:
- Highly recommended favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/14/2011Delicious food! Have never gone wrong here. Especially love lamb or chicken saag (spinach). This visit was alone so asked for a chicken entree I hadn't yet tried, and Indian-hot. It was amazing, incredibly hot but also very tasty, lots of complexity. And good meat, rather important! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who isn't simply averse to spices. The buffet lunches are very mild and when you order from the menu, you can let them know your preferences. It's excellent food, the staff are kind, and the restaurant is pretty.Special Features:
- This is a quiet littel gemkswhittDined on 12/31/2010This is a quiet littel gem on Jefferson Street in Newport News. Food is fantastic and the service is excellent. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features: