16 Navy Road
Montauk, NY 11954Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://navybeach.com/restaurant/
- Phone: 6316686868x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Global, International
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Navy Beach is available for private events including wedding ceremonies & receptions, rehearsal dinners, corporate functions and private parties.
A word from Navy Beach
Dubbed a “perfect destination for summer dining” by The New York Times, Montauk’s favorite beachfront restaurant Navy Beach is a laid-back, family-friendly waterfront venue offering a memorable dining experience in a beach setting with casual coastal cuisine and breathtaking sunsets. Positioned on a 200-foot private beach, Newsday named it on of the top five water view dining spots on the East End. Boaters are welcome to anchor in the protected waters of Fort Pond Bay (41° 02′ 45.11″N, -71° 57′ 44.88″W), which was once occupied by the US Navy, and where two Navy piers are still part of the water landscape.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Navy Beach - Best Restaurants in Montauk ›
Navy Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (65)great for outdoor dining (58)kid-friendly (37)good for groups (34)hot spot (30)great for lunch (24)vibrant bar scene (19)fit for foodies (17)romantic (15)neighborhood gem (13)special occasion (11)great for brunch (6)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Navy "blues"FinnDined on 10/12/2014noisy & over rated. limited menu to begin with and our server instead of mentioning specials, mentioned several dishes that they were out of. scallups were sandy- rice overcooked and actually stuck to bottom of serving pan. Just remembered, they were out of the liquor needed to make the first drink we ordered. Too many other better options in the area.Special Features:
- Great lunch!ManhattanVIPDined on 9/27/2014We drove to Montauk and were looking for a nice restaurant with outdoor seating, found Navy Beach on OpenTable and decided to give it a shot - and we were glad we did. The location is beautiful, can't get closer to the water than this! Loved the decor of the restaurant indoors, outdoors is very casual and beachy, lots of families & children, but that is to be expected... The food was truly amazing, far beyond our expectations, Asian inspired, great produce, beautifully prepared. Service was excellent too, again, far beyond our expectations at a casual place like this. Don't know what it's like for dinner, but lunch at Navy Beach was GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always wonderfulPrincess7VIPDined on 9/27/2014out last lunch of the summer at NB was delicious and a perfectly gorgeous day to sit waterside. Great view, friendly and amazing service, great for kids to play on beach while adults have a glass of wine, food delicious. Until next summer....we will miss you NB!Special Features:
- bibileDined on 8/31/2014the place has potential, the food needs some improvement in terms of choice and quality maybe but I loved the ambience and the outside space.Unfortunately as in many other places in montauk the restaurant it's ruined by the bar situation that is crowded and loud. eat outside if you can!Special Features:
- Beautiful day, beautiful meal.AlexBNYCDined on 8/30/2014I've been to this restaurant many times. It's never easy to score a table at prime time, so when you do and it's on a beautiful day outside, consider yourself lucky! The view and scene are phenomenal if the beach/sunsets are your thing. The menu is simple but the options are great (note: I have heard mixed reviews / can be hit or miss). For our group, this past holiday weekend, everything was a big hit. The scallop dish I had was excellent, as were our edamame, shrimp, octopus, tabouleh apps. The fries and mac&cheese were fab. The only thing I would say is, it was apparent that the service that day was speedy & efficient because they were trying to pass our table off to the next group. Simply put: totally rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Good service, great food, great ambience, kid friendly & amazing views ESP at sunsetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding view of sunsetFoodieVIPDined on 8/26/2014Navy Beach is the perfect place to see the sun setting over the ocean - bring your camera. Dining is possible at a table on the beach, good if you have kids with you, or indoors. Try to score a window table if you are seated inside. The food was great - fresh salmon and other seafood. Our server was very attentive, professional, efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- Food was good..service was not!Cheryl81Dined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent as was the amazing view and sunset. Our waitress was awful, though. She did not come over to us once after we ordered our food from her. Nobody asked how everything was or refilled our water or drinks. It could have been this particular waitress so it may not apply to the entire service staff. The waitress did not reflect the semi-upscaleness of this place. Definitely worth going there because of the food and views!!!! Cool place to grab a drink too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014When we are here 2 yrs ago, 1 year after it opened, it was the best meal I ever ate. I had a lobster dish. This year, I think in its fourth year, the menu is very limited, & there was not much that was appealing. I was disappointed. We also ate at South Edison, in town, which was far superior. Don't know if we would return.Special Features:
- PoordisappointeddinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014The waitress did not listen to our order which was very specific. When she got it wrong she became indignant claiming she had worked at the restaurant for three years and knew what she was doing. She asked more than once if I wanted another glass of wine. I replied that I was waiting until my food arrived. When the food finally arrived I had to try to get her attention in order to get another glass of wine. There were not a sufficient number of rest rooms. From the time I entered the restaurant until the time I left there was always a long line of patrons waiting to use the rest rooms.Special Features:
- Bring your cameraColicchiofanVIPDined on 8/19/2014Patrons literally line the beach with their iPhones snapping photos of the sunset and applaud when it's finally complete. With a stunning backdrop like that, the food need only be passable, but it's actually quite good -- fresh, well prepared, good variety -- with professional service. A bit of a "scene" at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewPrettytoneDined on 8/17/2014Navy beach is a perfect spot to watch the sunset, listen to live music and have a few cocktails before your dinner reservation. The food is also amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view, but not for kidsmdmirskyDined on 8/15/2014Went to Navy Beach last wekeend and the location, view and sunset watching is spectacular. The food is pricey but decent, and the place seems more about the location than the food. Service was nice enough, but was somewhat shocked when they said that kids meals were $16. Was also pretty much limited to chicken fingers, pasta with butter, pasta with marinara, etc. which at $16 is a total rip off. To make matters worse it doesnt even come with a drink (that was an extra $6 for a soda or juice which is also ridiculous) and only comes with a pack of 3 cookies that were obviously store bought. I get that they are not catering to the kid crowd on the whole but disappointing considering their site claims they are family friendly.Special Features:
- ChristineVIPDined on 8/14/2014The view and sunset at navy beach was absolutely gorgeous. The food was only mediocre at best. For the price of the food I was expecting a better exoerience and was definitely disappointed with our meals. Next time I would go for a drink and the sunset and eat elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it could have beenMeAgainVIPDined on 8/13/2014We have dined at Navy Beach during our annual Montauk vacation for the past several years. This year was disappointing. The food and the view remained satisfying, but the overall experience was tarnished by a non -involved server. Silverware was not replaced, water was not replenished and boredom was the predominant attitude. It seemed that our waitress was the exception, as we watched other tables receive attentive service from their wait staff. We enjoyed our meal and the spectacular sunset over the water, so we will return. However, we will speak up next time if the service does not match the rest of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014I'm not sure how this place gets such glowing reviews. The food is nothing special and the service is below average. We were looking for a place with great food and a view to match. All we got was a nice view. Price does not equal quality. Our drinks were poorly made and the lobster salad was average. Once seated, we waited 30 minutes for someone to bring waters and take our drink orders. They took another 20 min to bring them out. My lobster roll was ok, and I'm still trying to figure out what kind of chickens are used for $17 chicken tenders. This place reminds me of the childrens story the emporers new clothes. After paying so much people are embarassed to admit it really is not that good.Special Features:
- Another great night!rsm1VIPDined on 8/8/2014This time we brought our high school friends, who now live in Indiana, to enjoy one of our favorite spots. The food and service was excellent , even though it was busy. Martine and the staff were fabulous once again. All around perfect night. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Montauks treasuresLisavine5Dined on 7/30/2014A nautical theme, beautiful sunset restaurant. Food was delicious and so were the drinks. Desserts were yummy too. Expect to spend alot for everything is alacart. But well worth it. And to end the dinner a magnificent sunset, there's no price tag on that!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experienceFig604Dined on 7/28/2014We have eaten at here many times we took our family of 13 and were embarrassed by the service We spoke to Franklin the manager prior to making reservations since we're a party of 13 and was told we needed to order from a $50pp menu We said we wouldn't like to because there was kids as well as adults He said all parties of 8 or more need to do $50 pp so we had to split our party into a table of 7 and 6 and not sit together. Which we did. As we saw a party of 11 sit together and order off the reg menu. The service from the time we got there until the time we left was unfriendly and rude Drinks were ordered and not delivered food was cold we asked if the closed umbrellas (windy evening) could be removed very hard to talk and was told no.Special Features:
- EnjoyableMelsaysVIPDined on 7/24/2014Every so often, we make a meal of the appetizers here. We did so again on 7/24/14. We enjoyed the Shrimp cocktail which was nothing special but tasty. The calamari doused lightly with spicy sauce, is arranged around a large plate with assorted greens that enhance the flavor of the dish. The beet salad is a favorite stand-by. The truffled Mac & Cheese is a sinful delight from the crusty top to the delectable sauce. We again ordered the park fries, another longtime favorite. We wish the fries were somewhat less oily. The wait staff was polite and helpful, though clearly summer help imported from Europe. Oh, and the drop-dead sunset views from Navy Beach! Oh yeah!Special Features:
- Great location and lobster rollsyamiVIPDined on 7/20/2014Amazing lobster rolls by the sea! The staff was courteous and sat us about a half hour before our reservation. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- always divinePrincess7VIPDined on 7/20/2014one our favorite "go to" lunch spots in MTK. Love sitting outside on the LI Sound. Kids can play on the beach while adults drink rose and dine. Service is always friendly. Food is always great. Kids menu is also a nice bonus.Special Features:
- Sunsets..MtkluvDined on 7/18/2014Great for casual dinner, kid friendly ! Always a beautiful sunset :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened to serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014My wife and I went here to see the sunset which is fabulous here. We've eaten here before and the service is usually passable, but it seems to be mostly people waiting tables for the first time.None of the appetizers appealed to my wife so she asked do you have a salad. The waiter said no. We thought that was odd but she went without. Halfway through my clam and corn chowder, the next table received a caesar salad ??? Ok, he forgot. Next he brought my wife's breaded chicken plate. It came in a basket with corn bread. No side. We asked and the waiter said it didn't come with one. We later saw on the menu outside the restaurant that it did. The owner or manager was catering to a friend at the next table and the waiter had no interest in usSpecial Features:
- Great viewCandeeDined on 7/10/2014Food was excellent ! View of the bay makes for nice pictures .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousSam35VIPDined on 7/10/2014I was a little worried with some of the negative reviews regarding service but I was surprised & excited that our evening was perfect. We had 6pm reservations on a Thursdat and requested to sit outside. There were plenty of tables available, our waitress was lovely as well as the hostesses. Food was good. I'd def go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JenniferVIPDined on 7/9/2014Food was average. Shrimp on my salad was not cooked and was told it was chilled after being cooked. There is chilled and there is rock solid frozen (likely from a freezer bag). Manager was rude to another couple and when politely asked a simple question about the bill, the manager (Martin) got agitated and got in the customer's face. For no reason the manager began cursing in front of the customer's young (under 5 years old) children. Very inappropriate and put a sour taste in my mouth for the restaurant and management. Disappointing as our direct server was friendly and the view of the water is nice.Special Features:
- Nice lunchYummyDined on 7/9/2014The food was great and the beach atmosphere was lovely! The only down side is that lunch was very expensive. Lunch for two, two glasses wine, 1 appetizer, 1 burger,1 scallops,1 dessert....$109.00/with tip $129Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and decorarosen15Dined on 7/8/2014Very fun and cool spot on beach in Montauk. Decor is beachy and Awesome. Food was good as was service. Only issue I had was cleanliness. It's a beach place but dirty silverware and glasses are hard to accept. My beer had glass in it from a chipped glass. That can happen and they bought us a round. When you factor in the dirty silverware then it becomes a pattern that has to be fixed. Great spot thoughSpecial Features:
- Eat with your toes in the sand!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/5/2014Good food with friendly service in an unparalleled location. What more could you want? My wife, son (4) and I ate outside for lunch. My wife and I shared a steak (very good with tomato salad and chimichuri), calamari (crisp!), beet salad and corn; washed down with bottle of nice rosé recommended by our very nice (and tan) waitress. Boy had the hotdog, which he pronounced "good." Meanwhile a pleasant scene unfolded around us. Mainly a 20-30 something crowd, but we were not the only table with kids - our son found a compatriot to hurl rocks into the water with. To summarize - a fantastic meal all around. We will be back all Summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Sunset won't be backNotrichDined on 7/2/2014$$$$ Great $4 extra dollar fries with my $20 dollar burger. Waitress do not inform us of the extra charge when asked if I "would like regular or parmesan fries" Thats sneaky and wrong. I think we got a salad to split but it was not memorable, 2 burgers with fries, 1 frie WAS parmesan, a diet coke and seltzer,$5 each, coffee for 2 and a piece of Birthday cake (Key Lime Pie) came to approx $100 with tip.Special Features:
- PickyDinerDined on 7/1/2014Perfect spot to enjoy a sunset but, now that they dropped the corn fritters and kale salad from the menu, the food is just average. And of course, it wouldn't be a beach spot in the Hamptons without expensive drinks in plastic cups. Still... a winner.Special Features:
- View great... Rest not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/1/2014If you are looking for a great view and setting this is it. If you care about food and service.... It is not worth the price. Service is extremely poor and full of attitude.Special Features:
- The following 172 reviews are from the Navy Beach reviews archive.
- Always lovelyPrincess7VIPDined on 6/22/2014We love Navy Beach for the outdoor dining and lovely view of the long island sound. The food is good. Tuna Nikki and Kale Salad are my favorite .....and they offer a kids menu. Great place for kids to play on the beach while you enjoy lunch/dinner and a lovely glass of Rose. We dine here often for lunch. We prefer outdoor dining vs indoor dining. Eclectic lunch crowd.....great for people watching. Service is always friendly. Definitely recommend. One of our favorite MTK places.Special Features:
- $16 kid's pasta with butter!CaliforniaDreamingVIPDined on 6/20/2014Ok. I understand what has been occurring in Montauk, and I appreciate the upscale cuisine that is now present in most restaurants. I also don't mind paying $30-40 for an entree. But I do mind ordering pasta with butter for my 4 year old and being charged $16 for it. It seems kid friendly outside since kids can run around, play bocce etc., but they will always cater to the 20 something couple over your kid. Lovely view, pretty good food, but we won't be back.Special Features:
- Too badroroluvsbillyjDined on 6/18/2014It is a shame that the food is not better because it is the best spot in Montauk (or rather, one of). The burger is good but you can get a good burger anywhere. The ceviche seemed to have a coating of something weird, the octopus didn't have much flavor, nor did the scallops. Great spot for a drink during the week for sunset- that's about it.Special Features:
- Wow!!JAG111Dined on 6/16/2014Outstanding meal! A++ We can not wait to return! Joe GSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Navy Beach is FantasticScottiDined on 6/15/2014Our family spent Father's Day at Navy Beach in Montauk and we had a fantastic time. The food is delicious. We devoured the ceviche and crab cake appetizer, followed by the tile fish, lobster and clam bakes and the lobster roll special for dinner. Over our bottle of French rose, we people watched and enjoyed the view of paddle boarders, catamarans and wind surfers on the water. For dessert we shared a piece of the key lime pie and the kids had ice cream. This place is expensive!!! Our bill was over $300.00. However, we really enjoyed our meal and the view. A great memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotlauraDined on 5/31/2014Great restaurant right on the water... everything we ordered was so good! My favorite was the salmon tartar.... sooo amazing! I highly suggest for couples!Special Features:
- Great sunset dinnerhamptoneaterVIPDined on 5/31/2014The location and view can't be beat. Food is good too, but definitely not the main draw.Special Features: