133 Atlantic Street
Stamford, CT 06901Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.navaratnact.com/
- Phone: 2033481070
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Navaratna
We specialize in the cuisine of North & South Indian vegetarian dishes, where cooks typically use rich spices and aromatic herbs to transform intricate conjurations of vegetables, lentils, and rice into tasty meals that are as fulfilling as they are filling. Masala Dosa, Idli, Vada and Sambar are the mainstays of a style of cooking with which all India, and now much of the rest of the world, has fallen in love with.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Navaratna reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Navaratnagot2eatDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I enjoyed very authentic, vegetarian Indian cuisine. The wait staff was very helpful in understanding menu items. The flavors were terrific and I would highly recommend it to folks looking for vegetarian options.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Soups and Desserts are awesome! Try the Chole BhatureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 6 reviews are from the Navaratna reviews archive.
- Not the usual!murra057Dined on 4/4/2014Sometimes commercially prepared Indian food can be a bit uninspired and uniform. This food existed on an entirely different planet. No more ho-hum but perfectly edible stews. Yummy flavors, just the right amount of heat, much more complexity. A much more enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedEaterVIPDined on 10/4/2013I was expecting a real restaurant. The place looks like a sandwich place. It has no atmosphere. This a place to grab a quick lunch. It is not a place for dining. The food is very tasty. The service is a bit on/off, and the host needs to smile. However, when a woman left her sweater, one of the waiters went outside to find her; that was a lovely thing to do.
- quality gone downtheNYCvacationerDined on 8/30/2013I will jus sum up my point in the following lines: last time i ordered 10 items on table all items were10/10 This time i ordered 10 items and not even one was 5/10. Something has gone wrong some where..old staff if changed are badly wanted back!
- Great menu with many wonderful2JWSVIPDined on 4/13/2012Great menu with many wonderful choices of vegetarian South Indian foods. We had Dosa, Uttapam, a wonderful salad and a great South Indian curry and everything was full of flavor and delicious!Special Features:
- It's great to find a whollyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2012It's great to find a wholly vegetarian restaurant and it was great to find dishes that I had never had before, even though I have eaten Indian food my whole life. But when you find frozen carrots, and okra that would serve well as firewood, in your dish, along with many vegetables not listed on the menu, it is a bit disappointing. Good value for the money due to the flavors, but take a good look at the food before you put it in your mouth so you are not surprised.
- Vegetarian Indian Food in StamfordgbostonDined on 10/15/2011Great small restaurant for vegetarian, kosher Indian food. Good assortment of dishes, from appetizers through dessert. Sauces and condiments are key here, and they are done very well.