46 Woodcleft Avenue
Freeport, NY 11520Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nautiluscafe.com/
- Phone: 5163792566x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:45am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brian Crofton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
- Special Events: Monday Night 2-4-1 Two Pound Lobsters
Wednesday Night Steak Special 29.95
A word from Nautilus Cafe
Located on Freeport's Nautical Mile, Nautilus Cafe offers the finest Fresh Seafood, Large Lobster and Prime Steaks, served in a nicely appointed dining room with tables covered in white tablecloths. With a beautiful view of Woodcleft Canal we are a spin off of the famous Dar Tiffany and Scotch & Sirloin restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Nautilus Cafe - Best Restaurants in Freeport ›
Nautilus Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)scenic view (48)special occasion (42)fit for foodies (39)great for lunch (21)good for groups (18)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (8)notable wine list (7)romantic (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Another great experienceWIDinerDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant never fails to deliver. The staff is always very friendly and, as usual, they provided excellent service. The list of daily specials was varied and they all sounded good. I did stick to my usual and, once again, enjoyed the Best Prime Rib on Long Island. My wife was raving about how good her Halibut special was. We were there with a party of six, and everybody loved their meal. We all plan on going back again soon.Special Features:
- Steak nightReviewsDined on 8/20/2014Restaurant has a $35 prixe fixe for Wednesday night. Included are either a grey goose martini, pinot noir or one other option. Our waiter immediately said we could have pretty much any mixed drink and my appletini was very good. Served in a large shaker with a strainer, it provided 2 full cocktails. Everyone else had red wines. 3 ordered shell steaks, I had the veal chop. All were a bit overcooked to our ordered requests. One ordered very rare and came out brown inside. The waiter quickly exchanged it for one perfectly prepared. No attitude or unpleasantry, he was very professional. He was also very attentive to many allergies we all had. It was my birthday and we did not want dessert, so they brought over a sorbet with a candle. Nice touchI would recommend this to a friend.
- BourbonStarightUp63BourbonStarightUp63Dined on 8/18/2014Guests from Florida in town for seafood lunch. On line this seemed like a nice looking place. We were seated immediately because there was no one seated in the restaurant when we arrived. Caesar salad was wimpy, brown edges on leaves and stems and not crisp at all; Clam chowder was warm not hot and the other people in my party thought it didn't taste any different than Campbell's Clam Chowder and didn't have that many clams in it (clam bits); my sweet potato soup was good and hot. There were 4 of us so each had a different entrée. Mussels as an appetizer were excellent. The filet of sole was dry, over cooked and not fresh; the bronzini w/panko was good and crispy; scallops were seared nicely but bland.Special Features:
- BarbaraBarb1VIPDined on 8/16/2014We had wonderful meal. the Nautilus is one of our favorite restaurants. the food was delicious and the service was excellent. I always enjoy dining here. you must have a reservation. It's always so busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the BEST in Freeport!!!LouieDelVIPDined on 8/16/2014You can't go wrong at the Nautilus Cafe with either choice of Seafood or Land food. Always top notch service.Special Features:
- Love it!jetblu2001VIPDined on 8/16/2014great food and service! we had the seafood platter it was awesome! chowder was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for seafood!LuvtodineDined on 8/10/2014We both greatly enjoyed our fish entrees which were prepared in a creative way. The lobster bisque was superb. Our waiter was attentive without being intrusive. Water glasses were kept full. The view of the Nautical Mile is lovely..Definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my favoriteweaselDined on 8/7/2014Nautilus always has a big crowd and tight tables - especially for 2! They like to have large tables and many kids present running around the table and annoying patrons. The last 2 times we were here it was noisy and very crowded. Lobster tails were very expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/4/2014Consistently delicious "smart casual" dining. Always feels like we're dining out. Lobsterfest promo on Mondays - worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed on the nautical mileBigtow4Dined on 8/4/2014Reservations were for 6pm made a week in advance. Requested a window table but were told there wasn't one available (even with one in view). Service was friendly and nice; relatively quick. Appetizers were Clams casino and coconut thai shrimp. The clams were tasty and prepared well, but they added too much bell pepper, which is something I've never had in clams casino before. The coconut shrimp was huge (2 pcs) but was a little overdone and tough, and fairly bland. Ceasar salad was perfect!! For dinner, I ordered the surf and turf (skirt steak & ale battered shimp) The steak was cooked well but exceedingly tough and completely without flavor. The shimp was fried in OLD oil which completely ruined the flavor, and the meal. Not reccomended.Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014Took my wife here for her birthday dinner. Everything was excellent-clams on the half shell, surf and turf, horseradish topped rare tuna and lava cake. Server was delightful. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like2travelDined on 7/29/2014Had the early bird special, which is normally a good value. The soup was fair. The main courses were good, but the baked potatoes were dried out. The chocolate cake was inedible. Won't be in a hurry to come back here soon.Special Features:
- NormaDined on 7/27/2014The food is great and the service is very good. I loved grilled bronzinis and the sallad. The steak withshrimps was delicousSpecial Features:
- NEVER DISAPPOINTEDGracieDined on 7/27/2014The trip to the Nautilus Cafe was as good as ever. The food, the service and the atmosphere were great as usual. I have never had a bad meal here. So nice to find a place you can depend on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NAUTILUS CAFErigl36VIPDined on 7/19/2014Terrific nautical mile restaurant. The food is consistently excellent and a great value. Service is always terrific. Best seafood on Long Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nautilus Cafe Terrific AgainAl101713Dined on 7/17/2014We have eaten at the Nautilus Cafe severeal times now. Each visit is a wonderful dining experience. We try something different each time. The fish is cooked to perfection. The service is impeccable. Everyone and everything is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectoelegant4allDined on 7/8/2014Always nice atmosphere and food is superb. Wonderful, cheerful and knowledgable wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Halibutluv2danceVIPDined on 7/6/2014I love coming to this restaurant. I ordered the Halibut special. It was so delicious. Brian whatever you are doing, keep doing it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly fomfortqblrFdollieVIPDined on 7/6/2014The noise evel was fairly quiet; we could have a real conversation; food was very good; service was FABULOUS (Chuck, our waitor was so good,) Highly rcommnd this place for an adult evening out. Great early bird special!!Special Features:
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014Great food, great atmosphere. Service was a bit slow but otherwise no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nautilus CafeLocalpeopleDined on 7/2/2014Great food and service. 2 pound Lobster is always good and fish is always fresh. Disapponted in the $15.00 corking fee when it used to be free (bring your own wine). This was a really unique perk that was offered.Special Features:
- good food, bad servicecapflintDined on 6/30/2014The food has always been very delicious, and so has been the service up until the last time I went. They had a new server that was absolutely horrible. Very rude to us and did not even bring the full order to the table. It is a shame that such a good establishment has such bad service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice MealPickyPickyDined on 6/28/2014Everything was up to our expectation. The service was very good and every table had a nice view of the canal. The food was pretty good compared to some of the other restaurants in the area and valet parking was a nice touch. I would repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUEnRICHVIPDined on 6/27/2014The Nautilus Café is a restaurant you can always count on to have an excellent meal. The fish is always fresh and prepared perfectly. The steaks rival any other steakhouse on Long Island. Service couldn't be better. We highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining FriendsdiningfriendsDined on 6/22/2014We had four people in our group and everyone enjoyed the dinner. Two people had Veal Chops and two had Shrimp. The shrimp were large and cooked right. The service was wonderful. We all enjoyed the dinner and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak NightedjoDined on 6/18/2014Major Success...Food was wonderful, service was as expected, our corner table was perfect, as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- miloVIPDined on 6/14/2014Everything was good. BUT I was very disappointed when the check came. The server put in ADDITIONAL charges. I don't know if that is a commom practice of the Nautilus Cafe. PLEASE check it out for me. If it was I think you should remove them for OPEN TABLE. LET'S SEE IF THIS IS ADDRESSED BY THE RESTAURANT. IT SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN LIGHTLY ... Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OuttoeatDined on 6/10/2014Had a great dinner for my daughters 19th birthday and had a very nice waiter named Brian!Special Features:
- monday 2 for 1 lobstersbowlerVIPDined on 6/9/2014It was a great night . The food and service was was excellent as usual, and getting 2 for 1 lobsters is a great deal. Keep up that special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014Had the branzino fish with planko and pinnioli nuts which I was disappointed in because it was dry. All the other food was really good especially the baked clams and sauted spinach. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nautilus cafemjk29Dined on 6/4/2014excellent food, professional yet freindly service, very acomodating valet parking. reasonable prices in consideration of excellent food served. can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- LunchJbjrDined on 6/4/2014Had a great lunch on the water while driving through Long Island. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/29/2014We sat down and placed our order with the server. 2 other tables sat after us and placed their order after us. They received their food before we did. I complained but was not taken care of. I will never return.
- Nautilus CafeSlateDined on 5/26/2014We had dinner at Nautilus Cafe on Memorial Day. We were in time for the early bird special which entitled you to both soup and salad, side, dessert and coffee/tea with the purchase of any entree. Our table ordered the salmon and the prime rib. Both were delicious and the prime rib was a very generous size. It was not my first time dining here and I would definitely go back and recommend to friends. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014Went there for my husbands 40th birthday. The soup of the day was crab bisque and it was to die for. We had raw and baked clams and they were very good, also chose the crab cakes and it met my expectations. For dinner I had the twin lobster tails...mmmmm great. My husband had 3 seafood plate seared and I picked from his and also was awesome. I would totally recommend this place to anyone. Oh and the service was very good aswell. Two thumbs up. 👍👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fun and a wonderful mealloverestaurantsVIPDined on 5/24/2014Hot spot on the Nautical Mile, but not a loud bar scene. Mostly families. Those who prefer the bar stay at the bar with TV. The fish is great. Vegetables are tasty and salads are fresh. Staff is friendly. Always reliable.Special Features:
- We Love LunchluncheonDined on 5/20/2014The four of us come back every year for our annual lunch get together. Been doing it for 10 years and the food and service are as good or better than the 1st year. The soups variety and fish dishes are their specialty. The ice tea is refilled as much as you can drink.Special Features:
- allanwittmanDined on 5/19/2014As usual, noisy, uncomfortably packed, service not as good as it should be. Considering that the place was renovated after Sandy, the owner should have given some thought to the comfort of his patrons. No matter where I sit, the waiters are always bumping the back of my chair; not their fault, I guess, there are too many tables packed into the small place. Also, some sound-deadening materials would make a difference.Special Features:
- lovely lobsterLuvsobeDined on 5/19/2014My mom and I went there for lunch for my 40th birthday! We both had very nice meals and the ambience was lovely. The waiter was nice and attentive.Special Features:
- time to refreshgreat4meDined on 5/10/2014The first time I went to the Nautical Mile was about 15 years ago. it was quite impressive out door bars ,live music and great food also not so great food .what I found is that the Nautilus Café is the gem on the Mile. The food and service was always outstanding. I would like to say that the Nautilus could use some updating and change the carpeting. other than that I would recommend this restaurant . see you again NautilusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.