46 Woodcleft Avenue
Freeport, NY 11520Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nautiluscafe.com/
- Phone: (516) 379-2566
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:45am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brian Crofton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
- Special Events: Monday Night 2-4-1 Two Pound Lobsters
Wednesday Night Steak Special 29.95
A word from Nautilus Cafe
Located on Freeport's Nautical Mile, Nautilus Cafe offers the finest Fresh Seafood, Large Lobster and Prime Steaks, served in a nicely appointed dining room with tables covered in white tablecloths. With a beautiful view of Woodcleft Canal we are a spin off of the famous Dar Tiffany and Scotch & Sirloin restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Nautilus Cafe - Best Restaurants in Freeport ›
Nautilus Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (41)scenic view (24)special occasion (23)great for lunch (15)good for groups (12)great for brunch (8)hot spot (6)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (5)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- The best on the mile, by a mileMrfoodVIPDined on 11/17/2014Lobster night with friends, best deal on Long Island. 2 had lobster, very good! 2 had strip steak, as good as any steak house, we got there at 6:30 so steaks came with soup ( homemade pea soup, salad, and fresh cut french fries and dessert) what a great deal. Wine choices are always good and martini's are big and chilled. On regular nights all the fish very fresh and beautifully prepared. Chef brian is also the owner, he really cares about his food. I live on the north shore and this is one of the few restaurants I travel to on the south shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent, food delicious.PatriciaDined on 11/16/2014My only complaint is the location of the ladies room at the entrance to the kitchen. That area was congested, one at a time for the ladies room and the floor and mat did not appear very clean. Slight turn off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.longislandDined on 11/9/2014We dined here during Long Island Restaurant Week. The menu was great and had many choices. The lobster Caesar salad was wonderful and the Pistachio crusted tilapia was outstanding. The service was outstanding as well. I highly recommend the Nautilus Café. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Always excellent!adgal1VIPDined on 11/2/2014Although I dont live in Long Island, whenever we want great seafood - The Nautilus is the place- Excellent quality, service,and you cant beat the early bird special if you want to order by 6pm... It's pricy but not outrageous. A main part of my job is to entertain clients for lunch and dinners and this restaurant delivers just like the top NYC restaurants do.The best in Freeport for sure!Special Features:
- SUEnRICHVIPDined on 10/30/2014The prime rib was excellent as was the fish. Everything was prepared perfectly and delicious. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine CatchFoodiholicDined on 10/28/2014Great service, excellent selection of fish, always fresh and tastes great.Special Features:
- Top notchDerm18VIPDined on 10/27/2014We had a wonderful Birthday celebration at this terrific restaurant. The lobsters were out of sight and the steak was mouth watering.It was wonderful to have our favorite waiter, Carlos back after having some medical issues. All in all, it was a top notch experience which I highly recommend to all who enjoy a good meal!Special Features:
- Quality Food & Dining ExperienceRollosReviewDined on 10/27/2014Our family can always count on eating fine food, excellent service and a calm and soothing atmosphere when dining at the Nautilus Cafe. We normally celebrate great events by dining at the Nautilus Cafe and so should everyone else. You will not be let down!Special Features:
- lovely,relaxing lunchRdr525VIPDined on 10/26/2014Met friends here since we each live appx 1 hr from restaurant in different directions. Picked rest. by reviews and they were spot on. Seated and ordered drinks. Asst brought delicious bread. The men had the New Eng. chowder which was excellent. My DH had a combo of steak and HUGE shrimp. My gf had orange roughy which she enjoyed and my gf DH and I had halibut, which was moist, delicious and topped with a few pcs of lobster. We all enjoyed our meals Too full for dessert but we loved the banana bread and asst waiter brought some extra for us to nibble on w/coffee. We definately would return since we enjoyed our meal. Also nice and quiet to have a conversation even though there were many tables filledSpecial Features:
- GCgirlDined on 10/6/2014Consistently great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rigl36VIPDined on 10/5/2014Terrific as always - great food- great service and a great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nautilus CafeJeffVIPDined on 9/29/2014Excellent place with the best Lobster, especially the Monday 2 for 1. All fish is fresh and great.Special Features:
- PleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Good food Great Service would be happy to return for another meal and we have been there many time and have never been disatisfiedsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak night, yum!MrfoodVIPDined on 9/17/2014Without question the best deal ever. Cocktail, salad, great strip and skirt steak and potato. All for under $35.00. We love the food and Carlos is amazing. Thank you nautilus for a great dining experience. The most consistently good restaurant on Long Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeC200Dined on 9/15/2014Great as always, but I do miss the groupon discount.Special Features:
- A great choicegourmandDined on 9/7/2014As always…the fish was expertly prepared and the service competent and caringSpecial Features:
- Disappointedelegant4allDined on 9/5/2014This is a fabulous restaurant and I have often taken friends/family to celebrate special occasions. Unfortunately my most recent experience was very unsettling. The waiter was not attentive at all. He disappeared often and was not helpful at all. Thank goodness for the water person and other wait staff that seemed to want to assist us. This is the first time that I chose a Friday evening in a long time, maybe I will have to stick with the early part of the week to get good service. The food, drinks and atmosphere was still great. Tip was left to the water person and other wait staff that assisted with our needs. I also mentioned to the hostess of the situation, she did not seem that concerned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner...CarolDined on 9/2/2014Very enjoyable. Waiter was one of the best ever. Food is good, nothing spectacular. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeachladyDinnerDinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014They honored our reservation.The food was served hot and exactly the way we requested. In today's times, some waiters don't actually pay attention when the fish is requested medium rare. In this case the request was as ordered.kudos to the chef and waitress.Special Features:
- Another great experienceWIDinerDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant never fails to deliver. The staff is always very friendly and, as usual, they provided excellent service. The list of daily specials was varied and they all sounded good. I did stick to my usual and, once again, enjoyed the Best Prime Rib on Long Island. My wife was raving about how good her Halibut special was. We were there with a party of six, and everybody loved their meal. We all plan on going back again soon.Special Features:
- Steak nightReviewsDined on 8/20/2014Restaurant has a $35 prixe fixe for Wednesday night. Included are either a grey goose martini, pinot noir or one other option. Our waiter immediately said we could have pretty much any mixed drink and my appletini was very good. Served in a large shaker with a strainer, it provided 2 full cocktails. Everyone else had red wines. 3 ordered shell steaks, I had the veal chop. All were a bit overcooked to our ordered requests. One ordered very rare and came out brown inside. The waiter quickly exchanged it for one perfectly prepared. No attitude or unpleasantry, he was very professional. He was also very attentive to many allergies we all had. It was my birthday and we did not want dessert, so they brought over a sorbet with a candle. Nice touchI would recommend this to a friend.
- BourbonStarightUp63BourbonStarightUp63Dined on 8/18/2014Guests from Florida in town for seafood lunch. On line this seemed like a nice looking place. We were seated immediately because there was no one seated in the restaurant when we arrived. Caesar salad was wimpy, brown edges on leaves and stems and not crisp at all; Clam chowder was warm not hot and the other people in my party thought it didn't taste any different than Campbell's Clam Chowder and didn't have that many clams in it (clam bits); my sweet potato soup was good and hot. There were 4 of us so each had a different entrée. Mussels as an appetizer were excellent. The filet of sole was dry, over cooked and not fresh; the bronzini w/panko was good and crispy; scallops were seared nicely but bland.Special Features:
- BarbaraBarb1VIPDined on 8/16/2014We had wonderful meal. the Nautilus is one of our favorite restaurants. the food was delicious and the service was excellent. I always enjoy dining here. you must have a reservation. It's always so busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the BEST in Freeport!!!LouieDelVIPDined on 8/16/2014You can't go wrong at the Nautilus Cafe with either choice of Seafood or Land food. Always top notch service.Special Features:
- Love it!jetblu2001VIPDined on 8/16/2014great food and service! we had the seafood platter it was awesome! chowder was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for seafood!LuvtodineDined on 8/10/2014We both greatly enjoyed our fish entrees which were prepared in a creative way. The lobster bisque was superb. Our waiter was attentive without being intrusive. Water glasses were kept full. The view of the Nautical Mile is lovely..Definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my favoriteweaselVIPDined on 8/7/2014Nautilus always has a big crowd and tight tables - especially for 2! They like to have large tables and many kids present running around the table and annoying patrons. The last 2 times we were here it was noisy and very crowded. Lobster tails were very expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/4/2014Consistently delicious "smart casual" dining. Always feels like we're dining out. Lobsterfest promo on Mondays - worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed on the nautical mileBigtow4Dined on 8/4/2014Reservations were for 6pm made a week in advance. Requested a window table but were told there wasn't one available (even with one in view). Service was friendly and nice; relatively quick. Appetizers were Clams casino and coconut thai shrimp. The clams were tasty and prepared well, but they added too much bell pepper, which is something I've never had in clams casino before. The coconut shrimp was huge (2 pcs) but was a little overdone and tough, and fairly bland. Ceasar salad was perfect!! For dinner, I ordered the surf and turf (skirt steak & ale battered shimp) The steak was cooked well but exceedingly tough and completely without flavor. The shimp was fried in OLD oil which completely ruined the flavor, and the meal. Not reccomended.Special Features:
- Always ReliableloverestaurantsVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great salads that come with the meal, great fish, delicious vegetable side dishes. Friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere. Great place, never disappoints.Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014Took my wife here for her birthday dinner. Everything was excellent-clams on the half shell, surf and turf, horseradish topped rare tuna and lava cake. Server was delightful. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like2travelDined on 7/29/2014Had the early bird special, which is normally a good value. The soup was fair. The main courses were good, but the baked potatoes were dried out. The chocolate cake was inedible. Won't be in a hurry to come back here soon.Special Features:
- NormaDined on 7/27/2014The food is great and the service is very good. I loved grilled bronzinis and the sallad. The steak withshrimps was delicousSpecial Features:
- The following 386 reviews are from the Nautilus Cafe reviews archive.
- NEVER DISAPPOINTEDGracieDined on 7/27/2014The trip to the Nautilus Cafe was as good as ever. The food, the service and the atmosphere were great as usual. I have never had a bad meal here. So nice to find a place you can depend on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NAUTILUS CAFErigl36VIPDined on 7/19/2014Terrific nautical mile restaurant. The food is consistently excellent and a great value. Service is always terrific. Best seafood on Long Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nautilus Cafe Terrific AgainAl101713VIPDined on 7/17/2014We have eaten at the Nautilus Cafe severeal times now. Each visit is a wonderful dining experience. We try something different each time. The fish is cooked to perfection. The service is impeccable. Everyone and everything is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectoelegant4allDined on 7/8/2014Always nice atmosphere and food is superb. Wonderful, cheerful and knowledgable wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Halibutluv2danceVIPDined on 7/6/2014I love coming to this restaurant. I ordered the Halibut special. It was so delicious. Brian whatever you are doing, keep doing it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly fomfortqblrFdollieVIPDined on 7/6/2014The noise evel was fairly quiet; we could have a real conversation; food was very good; service was FABULOUS (Chuck, our waitor was so good,) Highly rcommnd this place for an adult evening out. Great early bird special!!Special Features:
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014Great food, great atmosphere. Service was a bit slow but otherwise no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.