4331 Kauai Beach Dr.
Lihue, HI 96766Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 8082465524
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Mark Sassone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Jasmine Ballroom. Kauai Beach Resort Event & Meeting Facilities The 8,611 sq. ft. Jasmine Ballroom is perfect for shows, banquets, and large group events for up to 550 guests and 50 booths. Moveable air walls reconfigure to 3 function rooms for smaller events. This elegant ballroom also offers the Jasmine Foyer
- Private Party Contact: Thomas Lund 8082465515
- Entertainment: Driftwood Bar & Grille Lunch served daily 11:00am to 6:00pm. Happy Hour daily
A word from Naupaka Terrace
Naupaka Terrace is a sky-lit Kauai dining adventure of creative island cuisine and enchanting Hawaiian scenery. Inspired by Hawaii’s indigenous naupaka flower, this plantation-style restaurant features creative Hawaiian and Pan Pacific cuisine, Aged-Beef, Asian inspired dishes and fresh island catch artfully prepared by our chefs. . Relax on the peaceful outdoor terrace overlooking torch-lit waterfalls, fishponds, and views of the ocean and sparkling pools. Experience a culinary adventure of fresh, flavorful food that puts you in the mood for Kauai. Breakfast is served daily 6:30 a.m.- 11:00 a.m. Enjoy an all-you-can-eat hearty buffet or an a la carte menu of breakfast favorites, house specialties, omelets and more! Dinner is served daily 6:00 p.m.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Naupaka Terrace reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)romantic (2)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Good Food, Great SettingsfrefugeeDined on 10/5/2014Booked on our Aloha Night on Kauai. Food and service were very good. Portions are large but prices are quite resonable for Kauai. We had an outdoor table on what proved to be one of those nights that make you pine for Hawaii- soft breezes, gentle warmth and lower humidity. Almost too much food but all good. Salad bar had good choices. Menu not large but they do things well. Friendly staff. There is a lot of constrution going on at the resort so getting in and finding the restaurant can be tricky. Well worth the effort.Special Features:
- good hotel restaurantpinotgirl11Dined on 9/5/2014My husband and I stayed at the hotel that houses the restaurant on our honeymoon. We were in Kauai for 10 yr anniversary and decided to return for dinner. The table wasn't ready at our reserved time, the only table avail. immediately was in a hot section they were not seating at that time, as there is no air conditioning and the trade winds had died down. We opted to wait for a more comfortable table for about 10-15 minutes. The staff was friendly and fairly efficient, the salad bar was fresh and well stocked. Okay wines. We ordered from their Friday night sizzling plate options, good sized portions and decent flavor. Cashing out took a long time, equipment difficulties??? Overall a nice meal, not a foodie experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kauii dinnerSteveDined on 8/17/2014I decided to have our last vacation night dinner here because we were staying in the hotel and didn't have to drive anywhere. We were seated promptly on arrival but only given two menus and told we would have to share because they were short on them? It wasn't crowded. We ordered wine of which were moderately priced and a good value. They had specials available and discounted salad bar with entrees. The salad bar was fresh and stocked well. The entrees were very large portions and worth the money. All and all a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner/honeymoonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We came for my Birthday the Naupaka and came for our Honeymoon. She asked me for a ticket...I had none (I did not even know about this ticket and we stayed at the hotel). So they completely didn't care about that or make us feel special in anyway. When she said "you are here for a birthday?" I told her it was my birthday yesterday (we made reservations around our expensive hotel massage that day). So she told me "Happy birthday." And that was it...I felt in no way special for my honeymoon or birthday. Not to mention the food was good. Service was rushed...we should have just left the hotel after that expensive massage and went somewhere else. Maybe we would have felt like it was more than an average night.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/26/2014The service was marginal. Waitress did not seem to be too interested in our table. "Ran out out kid menus". Food was fair, nothing to write home about when comparing to other Kauai restaurants. Probable will not return or recommend to others that ask for descent restaurants of KauaiiSpecial Features:
- The following 29 reviews are from the Naupaka Terrace reviews archive.
- Must Eat!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Naupaka Terrace doesn't only have amazing food, you're greeted with exceptional customer service and the aloha spirit from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave. Perfect place for a beautiful romantic evening for two or a night out with the family. The menu offers a wide variety and you get way more value for price. Hands down one of my wife and I's go to spot! Go check it out, I promise you wont regret it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Fish!PatsVIPDined on 6/7/2014Interesting menu. Difficult to choose from so many appealing choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overcooked FishrtrothVIPDined on 5/28/2014A restaurant that advertises itself as "a seafood restaurant" should first learn how to cook fish. We ordered Ono, a nice white Hawaiian fish. It was to have been lightly grilled, but was cooked to death. It was hard and dry, instead of moist and flaky. Salad bar was good.
- NICE EVENING OUTTILLY31Dined on 4/21/2014THE FOOD IS EXCELLENT, AND THEY HAVE A FABULOUS SALAD BAR, I RECOMMEND ADDING ON TO YOUR MEAL. BUT MAKE SURE YOUR WAITER KNOWS THAT YOU HAVE YOUR SALAD SO HE CAN PUT IN YOUR DINNER ORDER. OUR WAITER WAS TOO BUSY TO NOTICE THE BUS STAFF HAD CLEARED OUR SALAD PLATES SO DINNER WAS A WAIT, AND THE WAITER TOOK CARE OF IT. THIS RESTAURANT LOOKS AS THOUGH IT SHOULD HAVE A DRESS CODE BUT MANY PEOPLE CAME IN FROM THE POOL AREA IN SHORTS AND FLIP FLOPS. THE PRICES DO EXCEED A CASUAL DINING ENVIROMENT. I DID BOOK THIS RESERVATION ONLINE BUT THE HOSTESS DID NOT HAVE ANY RESERVATIONS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dinnermikey1Dined on 4/5/2014food and service were excellent and the Sam Adams was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish it were better.FriendDined on 3/22/2014I like going to this buffet. 3/22/14- the crab legs were very skinny, dry, and tasteless. I ate only one leg. The carving toast and Mahimahi were tasty! The ahi poke was fresh and plentiful. Dessert choice was plentiful. Staff were very pleasant. Good energetic ambiance.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2014It was pretty ok ! Pretty pricey but that is Kauie. We had lobster it was good. Unremarkable wine list. We went with large group . Will try again with smaller group might be more what I expected.
- Excellent Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Our server Nicole was great, friendly, and personable. The food was great & the rest of the staff worked as a team.Special Features:
- Everything was Great!! JustOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Everything was Great!! Just need to improve the tables, it was very wobbly wen we went to cut our food table would shake and water would spill over. Overall experience was great. MahaloSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The price was reasonable forKauai2014Dined on 2/14/2014The price was reasonable for a Valentine's buffet. The food was tasty and the desserts were wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a typical hotel buffetKathleenVIPDined on 2/14/2014It's a typical hotel buffet dinner. My husband loved the seafood at the buffet. The rest of the buffet was not so great. My dinner was from their menu. Had the prix fix menu. The lobster bisque was good but very rich. The lobster ravioli was very good but very rich. Too much cream to eat in two dishes. Otherwise, it was fine. The wine by the glass tasted like they don't cellar their wine properly. Three out of three glasses tasted like they were stored next to a furnace. Drink Mai Tais instead.
- Great DinnerRoyMDined on 2/3/2014Had dinner there last night. Steak was outstanding and the service very professional. Wife also had some positive comments that we live here on Kauai but should visit here more often.Special Features:
- Locals enjoy the resort ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/25/2014My wife and I have had dinner here three times recently and enjoyed it very much. We live on Kaua'i and usually avoid the hotels and visitor crowds. The casual but elegant island atmosphere, the comfortable chairs, the pleasant outdoor view and waterfall was enhanced by the very friendly waitstaff, who all look local, a nice touch. Food delicious and generous portions plus an excellent salad bar and good wine list brought us back a second and third time. Afterward, we sat in Shutters Lounge and listened to the slack key guitar - a real pleasure not to be bombarded by loud music. Shutters Lounge is a warm spot to enjoy a drink and light meals plus desserts. It is not a dark bar which I do not enjoy but is pleasantly lit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- N.Y. Steaks were cooked asGiniDined on 1/19/2014N.Y. Steaks were cooked as ordered and very tender. Nice salad bar selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantThomasDined on 1/17/2014We enjoyed this excellent dinner at a beautiful hotel. We are definitely coming back again not just for an occasion but to enjoy the great service and ambience. The prices are reasonable especially for the delicious food. We will recommend to our family and friends!! The Open Table reservation is a great way to make reservation instead of calling and waiting on the phone. You get a response right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ordinary dinnermoontimeDined on 1/9/2014Food was ok, just bland. Had a pasta dish with sauce that was like cream and olive oil, not really any flavor. Our server did not tell us of specials, we over heard on another table after we ordered.
- We're always pleased whenOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/4/2014We're always pleased when we dine here. Food is consistently delicious, and service is great. You never run out of water. Their salad bar is fresh and generous. My daughter had the fish, cooked perfectly as always. My husband had the rib special and was pleased with flavor and surprised by how meaty they were. I had the vegetarian option, tofu in curry with soba noodles, tasty and very filling. We have lunch for today, generous portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mahalo!TophatDined on 12/28/2013It was the first time as kama`aina to dine there!!! Mahalo nui - it was great food and terrific service. We especially like Keola Harris! We will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love eating here. We areOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/26/2013We love eating here. We are amazed at how well the chef prepares the fish. We like the macadamia nut crusted fish of the day, with thai chili sauce. Always perfectly done. The potatoes are delicious. The $6 salad bar can't be beat. The service is outstanding. Prices are very fair. and with palm trees swaying in the breeze, it's a perfect setting. The tables are not crowded together, so it's a very quiet setting. We have eaten here many times over the last couple years on our 3 week visits to Kauai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly staff, but extremelyOKG1VIPDined on 12/26/2013Friendly staff, but extremely slow and inattentive.
- outstanding everything!!!!KuamoopascuaDined on 12/25/2013From the time we had got there was so much going on but the service was so good that we would come back just for the service by Erwin he was so nice and awesome mad my husband so happy because it was his birthday on Christmas day loved the food and the dessert was awesome the ambiance was so relaxing and romantic at the same time but just one complaint was that the hostess was very rude and when I had called she asked for my name and never asked how to spell it and just assumed it was speeled the way she wanted to be but its all good overall everything was excellent would definitely recommend this place to friends and family Alohaz:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving night: OutstandingGiniDined on 11/28/2013Thanksgiving night: Outstanding food served from the regular menu. We chose not to go to the Turkey/Beef/Ham Buffet. Large crowd with many people to wait upon our server was Emilio and he was excellent and had a good sense of humor. Chef Mark Sassone came to our table and greeted us and asked about our food selection. My Filet Minon was perfectly cooked as ordered and my companion selected the Mini Served Buffet and was very pleased with it. On a night when things could be noisy and servers could rush you, the Naupaka Room was the perfect place to be. We were relaxed, enjoyed our cocktails and wine and look forward to returning frequently. We live on Kauai and drive 10 minutes to get to Naupaka.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time. The foodLittleLuv1Dined on 11/23/2013We had a great time. The food was really good. Planning to do this again real soon...TKSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereSum808Dined on 11/22/2013The food choices were varied, salad bar had a good selection. The quality of food and portion sizes were great for the price that you pay. I highly recommend and would definitely return!Special Features:
- Mediocre hotel restaurantkharkVIPDined on 10/18/2013We found the food and service at Naupaka Terrace to be underwhelming; definitely not worth the trip unless you are staying at the resort. The service at the breakfast buffet was pretty awful and food just ok. Dinner service was better, but still not great; we went on pasta night, and heard other servers explaining that you could get dessert for a small additional fee but our waiter never mentioned this and misquoted the price of the meal. The salad bar was fine--the soup was the best part of the meal. The pasta night was pretty bland with large quantities but little sauce and no veggies, meat etc included. The special would work better as a live pasta station with sauces/pastas/veggies etc in smaller portions so you could try a few.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2013Thanks to Emilio and his colleagues. The service was a 5 star all the way. Emilio was our waiter, he had a lermanent smile, always took great care of us. He's an asset to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid this restaurantCOGonzoDined on 9/21/2013The experience my wife and I had here was unfortunately very poor. From the moment we arrived to the conclusion we felt as though we were paying for a $10 meal when in fact they charged $45 / meal. We decided to get the Saturday night buffet because of the crab legs, but from the price not being advertised anywhere to the poor bussing service to the extremely sub par food quality nothing lived up to what you expect from a Kauai resort. The bus boy rolled his eyes when we asked him to wipe up a mess that he caused, the waitor had us wait for 10 minutes to receive the check and and just about as long to pay for it. Watching the bus clean up other tables left a bad taste in my mouth, dropping things or not completely wiping the table, etc
- Slightly disappointedlivinlocalDined on 9/20/2013Online menu was not current. Choose to dine there specifically because of one of the items on the online menu - it's only available for special events now. Server was very friendly, but not very attentive. Long waits for drinks, meal, requested items and bill.
- Great food !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2013Great food and atsmosphere ! Could not believe that they were not busy. One of the best meals we had during our visit. Highly recommend the Ice Cream cake/pie for desset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.