Naupaka Terrace, JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa
92-1001 Olani Street
Kapolei, HI 96707Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Naupaka Terrace, JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ihilani.com/
- Phone: 8086793166x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Sunday: 6:30am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jason Kina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We accommodate private parties of up to 40 persons in our Private Dining Room area located adjacent to the dining room floor.
- Private Party Contact: Dining Reservations 8086793166x
- Special Events: We will be offering a special menu for the Holidays. Please visit our website at a later date to view our Holiday menus....
A word from Naupaka Terrace, JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa
Overlooking the pool, Naupaka Terrace is Ihilani's informal all-day dining restaurant. Enjoy the taste of Hawaiian selections, sampling of contemporary island cuisine uniquely ours, blending fresh local ingredients for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Naupaka Terrace, JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa - Best Restaurants in Ko Olina ›
Naupaka Terrace, JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (37)scenic view (33)good for groups (32)special occasion (29)great for brunch (25)kid-friendly (20)romantic (19)great for lunch (15)fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (12)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Nice viewLoLoVIPDined on 10/10/2014Nice view but the servers were overworked with too many tables. Plus they disappear and you don't see them for long periods of time. The prime rib was dry and overlooked. The salad bar left something to be desired. It's almost like they don't care because they won't be in business after the end of the year.Special Features:
- Brunch BraddasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2014Great location. Very good selection of food to satisfy your appetite. Waitresses are friendly and service is excellent. The dining area is arranged in a way that creates a relaxed and spacious feel. We will be back again to dine at Naupaka Terrace and will commend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MitchVIPDined on 10/3/2014Went because of kamaaina special! $30 dinner with soup and salad bar plus $5 for wine for 2 entrees! Great deal! We all had the 10 oz prime rib! Delicious! Salad bar had a nice selection and great assortment of dips for the breads. Great service from waiter, Steven. Quiet ambience.Special Features:
- Food was just OKISOdiningDined on 9/26/2014Food was nothing to write home about. Thought our "kama'aina" special had a dessert paired with the entrée and soup/salad bar, but I guess I was wrong. But waiter was friendly and made us feel at home and service was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Friday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Great for a dinner for two on a Friday! $30 dinner with salad and soup bar that is very fresh! Plus a bottle of wine for $5! Can't go wrong- added bonus was live local music and a firework show- will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday evening buffet!RobODined on 9/6/2014Fresh, nicely presented, variety of seafood (and Prime Rib!). King Crab legs done as nicely as I've ever eaten. Beautiful view and after dinner walk along the lagoons. Relaxing atmosphere, nicely illuminated as the sun goes down. I can't imagine a better dinner on the island, and we've looked for over 2 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4koolinaDined on 9/5/2014Always enjoy Naupaka, so as our guests from the mainland. Excellent service and over all dining setting is very nice location and spot to do dinner for visiting guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual dining - nice wait staffnonalcoholicDined on 9/2/2014I booked a table to 6:30 for 3 - called back twice to add people - very accommodating. Called again to tell them I would be late - traffic was nightmarish - again, not a problem. Food was okay - not outstanding, but I was not unhappy with the food or the prices. I went to the resort because I was told that I should have a "Key Lime Colada" - but the bartender didn't know what that was, and even when given a recipe did not have the ingredients to make it. Evidently the drink is available elsewhere on the resort....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch SpectacularKapoleiKiddDined on 8/24/2014Naupaka Terrace is a fantastic brunch experience. The buffet choice is very versatile. I was pleasantly surprised to find oysters along with fixings included among the seafood options. This gem at the Ihilani is perfect for anyone with a hearty appetite and its an oyster lovers delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinner adV123VIPDined on 8/22/2014Pretty great food for their special $30 dinner with $5 wine!!! Salad bar was really good with minestrone soup and 3 types of bread. My shrimp was not over cooked and served "hot" just the way I like it!!! So surprised at the quality. I thought with the deal that the food would be cold and over cooked. Also was lucky to get a table outside... unfortunately we were amongst tables with lots of toddlers. sheesh!
- One of my favorites!EATOUTVIPDined on 8/20/2014We love this place for brunch or dinner. The service is wonderful and the view is outstanding. It was announced that it was closing the week we were vacationing there. It was sold to Four Seasons. So sad!Special Features:
- DisappointingTJ1949Dined on 8/16/2014Disappointing. Salad - not much of a selection. Poki was old and soft. Mash potatoes were hard as if left out too long, tasted like imitation mash potatoes. Not much of a selection for desert, portions were bite size. Prime rib was excellent. Service was excellent. Waitress prepared a special desert plate for our wedding anniversary. She made our night.Special Features:
- gotta love this placePoipuGirlDined on 8/15/2014got pau hana special cannot go wrong...great food and viewSpecial Features:
- Pau Hana offer is Great Deal!HappyeaterDined on 8/15/2014The $30 Pau Hana Dinner offer on Wed or Fri was a GREAT deal! The food was excellent and the soup and salad bar was included and full of variety! All was fresh and tasty! Definitely a great option for us locals that want to eat out and not pay trumped up tourist prices! Well done Naupaka Terrace!! We hope you continue it because our table of eight will return!Special Features:
- Good PauHana special.PauHanaSpecialDined on 8/15/2014Great service and menu offerings. The only thing that was disappointing was that, as we were leaving, both hostesses did not say anything to us as we walked out of the restaurant. I guess they were too busy talking about the impending closure of the restaurant and hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MMB2014Dined on 8/14/2014The service is always great, the food perfect and the ambience awesome! Our wait staff were the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable DiningMahsayVIPDined on 8/3/2014This restaraunt offers a comfortable feeling to the dining experience. Open air and large space with ample seating. This restaraunt is good for Company meetings, family dinners, friend get together, or even a private dining experience. Naupaka is my first choice as a diner and first recommendation as a concierge.Special Features:
- 61st birthdayNanzDined on 8/1/2014Took my mom out to dinner for her birthday. Food was great all around. Our server was Anthony who did a great job recommending drinks! There was 7 in our party and the bill was about 250. Not too bad but for the price I'd expect not to wait so long for our food. We came before the rush so I can imagine the wait sometime around 7 730.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice salad bar!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/25/2014I went on Friday night since they had a special deal on Wednesdays and Fridays. A bottle of wine was just 5 dollar for each 2 entrée order. Salad bar was pretty good and I could get the 2nd one but had to leave some room for my fish entrée... The service was friendly too. Worth drive all the way from town!!
- Best BuffetCRd1Dined on 7/20/2014Always a huge variety of cuisine & delicious! Always a huge variety of cuisine & delicious! Always a huge variety of cuisine & delicious! Always a huge variety of cuisine & delicious! Always a huge variety of cuisine & delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedWantedtobeWowedDined on 7/13/2014I had read a lot of reviews about how great their breakfast/brunch buffet was so I happily made a reservation. We made an early reservation (7:00) because we had other plans that day. The buffet opened at 6:30 and when we got there 30 minutes later only half of the stations were opened and most of the food was already cold. We waited around for almost an hour after we were done to see if they would open more stations and they didn't. The view was the only nice thing about this restaurant. We will not be going back.Special Features:
- Surprisingly good valueHackDocVIPDined on 7/11/2014This restaurant is located on the terrace of the JW Marriott Hotel and overlooks the beautiful beach. Menu choices are good with a children's menu as well. What impressed me the most was the value that the menu offered. There are free and unlimited bread, salad, and soup bars. The salad bar was full-featured with lots of good choices, and I could have stopped right there between the fresh bread, delicious clam chowder soup and the awesome salad bar. As far as the kids, not only were they able to use the bread, salad and soup bars, their menu was very reasonably priced and their dessert was included as well. There are a few really good places on Ko'Olina that combine value with quality. Naupaka Terrace at the JW Marriott is one of them.Special Features:
- A Gem Of A Brunch SpotoxychroneDined on 7/6/2014Naupaka Terrace in the JW Marriott Ihilani Resort is now that little gem hiding in the beautiful setting adjacent to Disney's Aulani Resort. When dining for brunch there on Sunday - the atmosphere was upbeat without being chaotic, with beautiful ocean view and a breeze way that kept the area cool and comfortable. Service was excellent with the friendly local staff and the cuisine, which included prime rib and a made-to-order omelette station, was as good - if not better - than anything you'll find in Waikiki for the price. A definite winner if you want to celebrate as a couple or with an intimate group. No doubt, visitors staying at Aulani were dining there - just to give you an idea of how good this place is. Make your reservations now!Special Features:
- Izzy's Fav restaurant in KoolinaMahalDined on 7/4/2014My husband and I love this place. The food was great and I can't say enough about the outstanding service of the wait staff ( Lenora, Steven, Tony, Percy and Randy) was always there for our needs. We're always treated well and always kind. Kudos to the staff.
- great king crabSSYAVIPDined on 6/28/2014it's my favorite crab leg buffet! they're always attentive about refilling our beverages. can't wait to return!Special Features:
- simply awesomeperfectDined on 6/25/2014from the moment we walked in everything was great. we greeted were with a smile and our waiter (steven) was the best. food was made to order and came in a reasonable amount of time after ordering. the experience was worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the king crab!SSYAVIPDined on 6/21/2014the prime rib & chowder were delicious also! can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 202 reviews are from the Naupaka Terrace, JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa reviews archive.
- Real Fine Evening DiningNorthShoreHaoleDined on 6/19/2014EXC! We had reservations, which I recommend (697-3166). The Maitre-d' let us select seating away from the breeze. Service was prompt and knowledgeable. Entre' offerings were impressive--tiger prawns and red snapper dishes were presented nicely. Bar service excellent. Dessert card not huge, but OK. Price a bit above medium. We'll go back----------------Special Features:
- Naupaka TerraceKauKauCriticDined on 6/15/2014Dining here is a favorite of mine but, it seems Naupaka Terrace may be falling down in their standards. The food for the most part is very good. The salad bar is superb but, the decor and or arrangement including garnishes and variance of display seems to be declining and appears to be more run of the mill. I've eaten at 2 star restaurants that have pulled off 5 star ambiance because the Chef knew how to display and present the entre's and sides available on menu or from the buffet. Please don't become arragant enough to think you can't be out-done because you are big in the business. Great job to the staff, always kind, respectful and quick. Mahalo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service sucks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Recently we have a Sunday brunch for Father's Day celebration with family and guest the waitress/host over charged me and screwed my debit card and waiting for almost an hour to fixed the problem, still they can't fixed it and ends my debit card locked up until now the money that they charged and over charged me been hold off due to locked up with the authorization approved. Can you imagine how embarrassing that situation especially you invited a guest.Special Features:
- Go for the ambience. Food just okLitiVIPDined on 6/14/2014Nice restaurant in the JW Ihilani. Food just ok. Chicken had limp skin which when removed revealed rubber chicken. Caesar salad swimming in dressing. Good service from Scott and the view is lovely. Pasta had more mushrooms than chicken. Surprised a JW doesn't have higher qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Time AroundScubabunnyDined on 6/11/2014The Kamaaina Specials were awesome! Great price great food and fabulous salad bar!! Thoroughly enjoyed it the first time we had to go back..great place to take your family and friends visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious seafood buffetBigBobDined on 6/7/2014We had the seafood buffet at the JW Marriott last Saturday and loved it so much we went back again tonight. Again the food was delicious and the serviced was prompt. We highly recommend the JW Marriott for their Saturday night seafood buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchMeleDined on 6/1/2014Our reservation was for 1:00 (brunch was supposed to run to 2:00). We waited a long time for the waitress to come to the table. One of us ordered off the menu and the other ordered the brunch. The brunch selection was good, but the table staff was inattentive. Finally, at 1:45 our waitress told us that they were going to break down the buffet and so I should get anything else I wanted now. I went to the buffet which was not break-ING down, but was already completely broken down except for pastries. I had particularly set my heart on the fresh fruit for dessert, but it had all been cleared away already. For $45, the full buffet should remain open until the last diner has signaled they are finished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Sunday brunchBigBobDined on 6/1/2014We had the Sunday brunch at the JW Marriott in Ko Olina and had a great time. They have a beautiful buffet with numerous choices for breakfast or lunch. We especially liked the eggs Benedict the omelette station the waffle station and the prime rib. If you go to the JW Marriott for Sunday brunch you won't be disappointed or hungry when you leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood buffetBigBobDined on 5/31/2014The seafood buffet at the JW Marriott is a definite winner. The buffet is loaded with numerous choices such as oysters, clams, shrimp, muscles, crab, and prime rib. I must say my favorite was the king crab and the prime rib but everything was delicious. If you like seafood you'll love this buffet.Special Features:
- Best seafood & prime rib buffetbdubDined on 5/17/2014Delicious assortment of high quality foods served fresh & flavorful. Highlights include cheeses, oysters, shrimp, prime rib, king crab & tiramisu. Great service too! You will not be disappointed. Unfortunately I mentioned it was my birthday on open table & they did nothing special, oh well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome!SSYAVIPDined on 5/17/2014i usually don't eat crab legs because it's such a mess, but it looked SOO good, i had to try it! yum! the pieces i had were easily opened & very meaty, so it was worth the mess. not to mention the drawn butter was delish as well. Scott was a wonderful server as usual! Always a good experience when he's around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Outstanding Food, Service. and Outstanding Waiters. I live less than 4 miles away, and No Traffic to put up with, and ample parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Look before you bookFoodandlaughsDined on 5/11/2014I made the mistake of making a reservation for Mother's Day dinner with out first looking into the restaurant. It was buffet style and when I asked for a menu I was laughed at. I don't recommend this restaurant for Mother's Day. Honestly after that experience I don't think I'll ever go back.