226 West 50th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.natsuminyc.com/
- Phone: 2122582988
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner : Monday - 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am; Sunday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Chef Haru Konagaya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Natsumi offers Seamless web, Local Delivery, and Off-Site Catering with Sushi Chefs.
- Private Party Facilities: Natsumi offers private event space in our Tokyo-chic bar/lounge. We offer many different menu and beverage options. Private events require a minimum of 40 guests, group parties are also welcome. For further inquires please contact our management.
- Private Party Contact: Irawan Yudi 2122582988
- Cross Street: Broadway + 8th Avenue
- Public Transit: Subways: C E, 1, B D F V
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There are three parking garages located right next door to Natsumi Restaurant. The parking garages are located to the east, west (discount parking coupons are available for our guests, 4 hour parking $15.00), and practically in front of the restaurant.
A word from Natsumi Restaurant
Natsumi Breaks New Ground with Innovative Modern Japanese Cuisine. Barbara Matsumura founder of Haru Restaurants, has teamed up again with Chef Haru Konagaya to create this strikingly original destination. Two separate experiences in two adjacent sites, an elegant restaurant and a trendy Tokyo-chic bar/lounge. Natsumi specializes in modern Japanese cuisine with a touch of Italian ingredients; offering an array of creative dishes such as, sashimi arugula salad, new style yellowtail carpaccio, and lobster green tea ravioli. The innovative menu relies on unique preparations with dynamic flavors. The wine list is international, with white, red, sparkling wines, and champagne by the glass and bottle. The restaurant is divided into distinct dining areas, a cozy space with intimate booths, a sushi bar where diners can watch the chefs compose, and in the front, the windows open to the street. The whole room is infused with a warm golden glow and earth tones.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Natsumi Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (48)neighborhood gem (37)great for lunch (27)romantic (26)special occasion (24)good for groups (14)hot spot (13)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- LPkipsbayVIPDined on 10/13/2014always reliable. very fresh. classic and inventive fare.Special Features:
- DisappointedjackscriticDined on 10/4/2014We eat sushi several times a month and know our fish. We asked for their special sushi/sashimi for two. They gave us mackerel and stripe bass instead of the white tuna which was on the menu. We informed the manager and he said he would correct it. He cam back with the white tuna and took the stripe bass off the plate which was in my eyes bad judgment on his part. It was their mistake just leave it on the plate. What were they going do serve it to someone else? At first they wanted to take back the whole plate as we were eating it which I said no. The platter was small and the sashimi was thin. There was no soup or salad included and it was over $60. I have has so much better. The bar was lovely but I would not go back.Special Features:
- Awesome meal and Sake!dtlaexplorerVIPDined on 10/3/2014Couldn't have been happier with the experience. Sake flight was excellent, which made everything else even better. Nice job!
- Annoying room but good foodcentralparkpuupyVIPDined on 10/3/2014If it were all about the food I would say it is an interesting take on Japanese. The special, more spicy, sushi were better than the standbys that seemed mediocre. The dumplings were excellant . The pork fried appetizer was not . The problem is the room really. It is loud with Budda Bar music and terrible acoustics. the booth for two are for midgets only as the is no way two men can sit there comfortaby and it seemed the booths for four were also tight. Squeeze em in, I would say. It is not a confortable place for a meal. It is ok for a quick bite. I assume that is their strategy.
- Very great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2014Love this place will ce back again, the food staff and service was really great. I think we will revisit next week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodstevemb425Dined on 10/1/2014I found this restaurant on Open Table and couldn't be happier. Their sushi and sashimi selections were great!Special Features:
- So good!NYC12345Dined on 9/30/2014Natsumi never disappoints. Everything is delcious. Two of my favorites are the spinach appetizer and the salmon carpaccio appetizer. So good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Non-Theatre D Theatre D DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/28/2014The tofu salad is very filling, and very reasonably priced. The tofu raviolis are sinfully good. The mood is decidedly not-theatre-district, not-times-square but it is around the corner from there. I have had two great meals there.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/28/2014We had a quick sushi dinner before the theater and were delighted with this restaurant. The sushi was perfectly fresh and, although not terribly inventive, satisfying. So if you want something simple while in the Theater District, give this place a try. The staff is most accommodating and pleasant.
- Great Flavors in a Sea of RepeatsSnowAngelsVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great flavors in an area where the places seem to be different variations of the same thing. Dishes were well executed and served quickly. Service was up to standards in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great biz lunch spotjeszDined on 9/24/2014Great biz lunch spot, though I can imagine this would be great for dates too. Very cute and food was delicious. Already planning to come back next week.Special Features:
- rgskolVIPDined on 9/23/2014A wonderful theater district choice - and there are so few good ones! Excellent and creative Japanese food....warm and efficient service. Certainly convenient to most theaters.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find!foodieDined on 9/20/2014We stay in Times Square every year and just found this great sushi restaurant not far from our hotel. We will definitely be returning next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/18/2014Another pre theater dinner at Natsumi and it is reliable and always delicious. The place is small so be sure to make a reservation. The service is efficient yet friendly and the food is fresh, tasty and creative. It is one of our favorite pretheater spots in NYC.Special Features:
- My new solution to pre-theaterlaurabeckernycDined on 9/16/2014I am always looking for places to eat that are good and easy in the theater district before seeing a show. Natsumi is all of that plus it has a great vibe and very friendly service. Its a big place which is good because I've always just walked in and been seated quickly in the lounge or main room. The sushi is fresh and delicious; I love their healthy tuna/cucumber appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great sushi nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/16/2014We enjoyed, yet another, great sushi dinner at Natsumi....don't change anything!Special Features:
- PerfectionMikeEVIPDined on 9/15/2014The very best sushi in NYC. Service is led by Tony and is impeccable. I visit whenever I am in town and I am ALWAYS glad I did! Outstanding Sushi, setting and service!Special Features:
- Good foodLJD785VIPDined on 9/11/2014Good food, but much too noisy (at least at lunch) and tables are tight. I would try it again on an off-hour. I would recommend with reservations due to bad acoustics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- japanese italian cross overJuergenDined on 9/7/2014very new and interesting taste combination of the japanese and italian kitchen.Special Features:
- Urban Asian in theater districtlookinferfoodDined on 8/28/2014Very nice, smallish restaurant near theaters. Interesting and varied menu with good sushi rolls. We sat in the main room but the bar is a very lively scene and you can order plates there. Price is moderate for location and food quality.Special Features:
- Highly recommended!!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/28/2014I have lunch and dinner here and both experiences were excellent. The decor of the establishment was classy and upscale.I came for a special occasion so I chose the Matsu chefs special and was not disappointed. The sushi was fresh and delicious. Entire staff was courteous and attentive without being overbearing. Must try the cheesecake tempuraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waitress was very kindMiri700Dined on 8/27/2014Food is very good you should try the golden leaf sushi rollSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SushifabulousmealVIPDined on 8/26/2014The menu is creative and the food excellent! They are a bit understaffed on the server side of things, so service can be a bit slow. The bar is on the other side of a lobby from the restaurant so ordering a bottle f wine took sometime to be delivered. But we will definitely return as the food - dumplings, sushi and rolls - terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!MikeEVIPDined on 8/23/2014We are NEVER DISAPPOINTED by Natsumi. You can not go wrong with this choice! Tony leads the service staff with perfection! Best Sushi in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite goodDanbiDined on 8/22/2014We had a very good time for dinner at Natsumi restaurant. We chose the Matsu chefs special and it was great.....very good and smily service. We have been served a bit to fast but after asking to slow down, it was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for lunchMonaBVIPDined on 8/21/2014I used to love to dine here at lunchtime -- sushi specials very filling and a good price. Last Friday, however, the eel roll seemed off and turned me off my lunch. I didn't tell the waiter, but ..
- Natsumi comes through againMikeBellefonteDined on 8/20/2014When I travel to NYC I try and grab a nice dinner and Natsumi came through again. Totally enjoy the sushi. Fresh, plentiful and presentation was great. I wait until the theater crown gets moving, about 7:30 and begin to relax and enjoy.Special Features:
- Great Pre-theater spotKittie1catVIPDined on 8/16/2014Excellent fresh sushi. Great service, too. We've decided this will be our pre-theater dinner spot from now on.
- Great Food / Friendly ServiceTroyDDined on 8/15/2014Not much more to say. The food was excellent. The service was friendly and prompt but relaxed. Very nice experience.Special Features:
- InterestingdaSilvaDined on 8/14/2014The taste is different from what we are accustomed to in Brazil, but it is interesting.Special Features:
- A good time makes a good place.LuciusDined on 8/14/2014I had a good time at Natsumi. The décor made it possible. The food was what you'd expect - good. It's pricey food, but it's not the Tokyo Fish Market. I went there in a group of two and had a nice conversation over delicious food and drink. I left happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and badGramercygirlVIPDined on 8/13/2014Delicious food, but we felt a little rushed...I suppose because it was in the theater district.
- Amazing finddancingfoodieVIPDined on 8/12/2014All 3 courses (fish ceviche, filet mignon with pepper sauce, chocolate mousse cake), plus the house made lychee saki were unbelievably delicious -- I enjoyed each so much I didn't want to finish them. Service was attentive and extremely helpful but unobtrusive. I'm recommending it to everyone I know and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner near Gershwin TheatreSallyBVkramDined on 8/12/2014Went here for dinner before seeing Wicked and the location is ideal: right across the street from Gershwin Theater. The prices are good for what you get, which is decent sushi. I had the prix fixe option and had to remind the waiter that the sake wine came with the meal. The service was only so-so, though I'm not sure any restaurant in NYC has impressed me on service. All in all, this was a good dinner. I would visit again if I had tickets for another show at Gershwin.Special Features:
- Not Authentic JapaneseSHU3Dined on 8/10/2014The front door, the decoration and the price of menu seemed like a classy, upscale Japanese restaurant. But the service was low class. First of all, it was not authentic. Appetizers and desserts were pretty good. But the sushi was horrible for that price! The sushi rice was too dense! And the waiter did not asked us for the sake which came with the menu. I had to remind him. When we finished eating, they stacked the plates in front of your face on the table. Worse than diner. Then the maître'd got her own plate and sat next to the front and started eating while still working. They don't even do that at McDonald's! With that price they charge, they should at least pretend to be fancy. I will never go back there.
- Comida japonesa com toque especialjj2jDined on 8/8/2014O atendimento no Natsumi foi excelente. Chegamos eu e minha esposa alguns minutos antes do horário de nossa reserva, porém, mesmo assim, sentamos logo. Na sequência os pratos solicitados vieram com presteza e estavam muito saborosos. Nos serviram um delicioso sakê de lichia de cortesia. Pedimos uma sangria de sakê que igualmente estava ótima. Para terminar um incomparável tempura de cheese cake que vale ser experimentado. Estando em NYC, o Natsumi será nossa opção de restaurante japonês.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJackieVIPDined on 8/6/2014Fresh sushi and everything else was delicious too. Highly recommend the veggie tempura appetizer and the Natsumi roll.Special Features:
- Good stuffbennyD83Dined on 7/25/2014Solid Sushi at good prices. Tempura Cheesecake was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just averageNULIXXDined on 7/23/2014Came here with a friend for dinner last week.We cost nearly ＄100 in all（tax n gratuity added）.Though we got coupons in the end,we really had no interest in coming back.Average sushi and average steak.Personally I'd like to recommend the tempura cheesecake,which is much better than the main course！Btw,this restaurant is TOO SMALL AND CROWDED.But the service is pretty good.
- Circle in the SquareMimiVIPDined on 7/23/2014We went to see Lady Day at Circle in the Square, had never been to Natsumi before, but it is directly across the street from the theater. Pleasantly surprised by the food and service. Will definately dine here again!!!!Special Features: