226 West 50th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.natsuminyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 258-2988
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner : Monday - 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am; Sunday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Chef Haru Konagaya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Natsumi offers Seamless web, Local Delivery, and Off-Site Catering with Sushi Chefs.
- Private Party Facilities: Natsumi offers private event space in our Tokyo-chic bar/lounge. We offer many different menu and beverage options. Private events require a minimum of 40 guests, group parties are also welcome. For further inquires please contact our management.
- Private Party Contact: Irawan Yudi 2122582988
- Cross Street: Broadway + 8th Avenue
- Public Transit: Subways: C E, 1, B D F V
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There are three parking garages located right next door to Natsumi Restaurant. The parking garages are located to the east, west (discount parking coupons are available for our guests, 4 hour parking $15.00), and practically in front of the restaurant.
A word from Natsumi Restaurant
Natsumi Breaks New Ground with Innovative Modern Japanese Cuisine. Barbara Matsumura founder of Haru Restaurants, has teamed up again with Chef Haru Konagaya to create this strikingly original destination. Two separate experiences in two adjacent sites, an elegant restaurant and a trendy Tokyo-chic bar/lounge. Natsumi specializes in modern Japanese cuisine with a touch of Italian ingredients; offering an array of creative dishes such as, sashimi arugula salad, new style yellowtail carpaccio, and lobster green tea ravioli. The innovative menu relies on unique preparations with dynamic flavors. The wine list is international, with white, red, sparkling wines, and champagne by the glass and bottle. The restaurant is divided into distinct dining areas, a cozy space with intimate booths, a sushi bar where diners can watch the chefs compose, and in the front, the windows open to the street. The whole room is infused with a warm golden glow and earth tones.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Natsumi Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (65)neighborhood gem (46)special occasion (31)great for lunch (28)romantic (27)good for groups (20)hot spot (16)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- The food was okay but nothing special.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2014The waitress seemed bored out of her mind . surly would be the adjective I would use! The two guys that served as matre de were fine. But server never smiled, didn't pay attention to our order and didn't bring the dumplings we ordered. Even the edamame was cold!!! Don't waste a dime there.
- Great experience. Would recommend.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Took my wife here for dinner for our 10th Anniversary before seeing the Elephant Man. We wanted a nice long dinner so we ordered rolls at a very leisurely pace. They didn’t make us feel rushed at all. Great service and the rolls came out without a long wait. Very good rolls. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ordered suishin sake, but they switched w cheap.RickDined on 11/15/2014I ordered suishin sake but they served cheap gekkeikan sake thinking I wouldn't notice. I asked the waitress if she made a mistake but she played dumb. I hate it when restaurants do this.
- Wonderful!BandCDined on 11/13/2014We had a nice corner table. The wait staff were very attentive. The veggie & shrimp tempura starter was delicious and a very generous portion; as was the tempura main course. The tempura cheesecake dessert was fun and very tasty! We are certainly looking forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb...JB23Dined on 11/11/2014We had a wonderful time dining before a Broadway show. The mean was outstanding and very reasonably priced. Service was terrific.Special Features:
- ChumleyDined on 11/9/2014Appealing menu choices, both for the Sushi and non Sushi fan. Food was well spiced and surprisingly excellent, especially considering the casual atmosphere and reasonable prices. A theater district gem - will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spot.FoodaholicDined on 11/8/2014The food was good and the menu quite extensive on the sushi/sashimi side. The wait staff was helpful and very attentive to our table. Overall we had a very good experience and would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding pre-theatre dinnertheoccasionalcriticVIPDined on 11/6/2014Excellent dishes - both taste and presentation. Many choices on the menu. Friendly and efficient service. We ordered several appetizers to share, and the first one was served quickly and the rest spaced out so that we always had two or three fresh/hot dishes on the table. We had beef and seafood main dishes - both were excellent. Definitely will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Quality; Reasonale PricesRingoEdgarDined on 11/6/2014A wide variety of very good quality, reasonably priced sushi and sashimi, albeit in cramped quarters and a noisy atmosphere.Special Features:
- Always a good choiceFermandaDined on 11/5/2014I have been to Natsumi many times. It's a great place to go pre- or post-theater, or even if you're not going to the theater! The food is always fresh and delicious and the service is generally excellent. If you are going to the theater a reservation is strongly recommended. It can get quite busy. If you are a sushi lover I highly recommend Natsumi.Special Features:
- Theater District GemfotofemmeDined on 11/5/2014Great Japanese food to be had here, not touristy but seems to have become more noisy then it used to be. Love it for pre-theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Outstanding!!!!FrequentaVIPDined on 10/31/2014Recently, my adult step-son was in town for a brief visit and asked to meet his father and me for dinner. He also wanted to bring a friend. We immediately suggested Natsumi, where we have enjoyed so many lovely family dinners over the past several years. Once again, we had a wonderful time, with superb food served elegantly. We all had a wonderful time and were welcomed by Natsumi personnel as if we were part of their family!! We highly recommend Natsumi for its consistent high quality service and sumptuous food. Hats off to them.Special Features:
- Sushi in NY8ThereDined on 10/29/2014The quality and presentation of the sushi was awesome. Highly recommend the yellowtail scallion hand roll. The only negative was the server forgot my miso soup and she brought the wrong beer - I drank it anyway! Can't let a good beer go to waste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outYvette101VIPDined on 10/29/2014A coworker and I went to Natsumi for dinner and the food was delicious! The service was on point and the restaurant is beautiful! Would definitely recommend and will be going back soon!Special Features:
- B-day not mentionedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Made reservations for my birthday & noted it online. It was a little disappointing since it wasn't mentioned at all during our dinner.Special Features:
- Unexpected Theater District FinddancingfoodieVIPDined on 10/22/2014This intimate, if a bit noisy, restaurant in the Theater District, serves especially good food. Service is helpful and attentive but not obtrusive. A real find in an area filled with good restaurants but not often this high quality, and with reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentically superbChipandNancyVIPDined on 10/20/2014Sushi in NYC. How can you go wrong? Well, you can, but not here. This was authentic, fresh, imaginative, and heavenly. If you go to a Japanese restaurant, and the table next to you turns over twice while you are there, and both parties are Japanese and are speaking Japanese, you know you have found the perfect place. This is it. Go. You won't be sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/18/2014I originally had a reservation at Sushi Zen, but after reading the reviews and saw that although the food received pretty good reviews, their customer service left much to be desired. So, I changed our reservation to Natsumi, and I am so glad I did! This place is fantastic! We were greeted with a smile upon entry, our waiter was very helpful and answered our questions regarding the menu. He even made some GREAT recommendations that we tried! The service was fast and the food was awesome! And, most importantly, the prices are reasonable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LPkipsbayVIPDined on 10/13/2014always reliable. very fresh. classic and inventive fare.Special Features:
- Solid Sushi in NYCAbbyJDined on 10/12/2014Went here with a group of girls. We ordered a bunch of rolls and small plates to split. Everyone was impressed!Special Features:
- DisappointedjackscriticDined on 10/4/2014We eat sushi several times a month and know our fish. We asked for their special sushi/sashimi for two. They gave us mackerel and stripe bass instead of the white tuna which was on the menu. We informed the manager and he said he would correct it. He cam back with the white tuna and took the stripe bass off the plate which was in my eyes bad judgment on his part. It was their mistake just leave it on the plate. What were they going do serve it to someone else? At first they wanted to take back the whole plate as we were eating it which I said no. The platter was small and the sashimi was thin. There was no soup or salad included and it was over $60. I have has so much better. The bar was lovely but I would not go back.Special Features:
- Awesome meal and Sake!dtlaexplorerVIPDined on 10/3/2014Couldn't have been happier with the experience. Sake flight was excellent, which made everything else even better. Nice job!
- Annoying room but good foodcentralparkpuupyVIPDined on 10/3/2014If it were all about the food I would say it is an interesting take on Japanese. The special, more spicy, sushi were better than the standbys that seemed mediocre. The dumplings were excellant . The pork fried appetizer was not . The problem is the room really. It is loud with Budda Bar music and terrible acoustics. the booth for two are for midgets only as the is no way two men can sit there comfortaby and it seemed the booths for four were also tight. Squeeze em in, I would say. It is not a confortable place for a meal. It is ok for a quick bite. I assume that is their strategy.
- Very great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2014Love this place will ce back again, the food staff and service was really great. I think we will revisit next week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodstevemb425Dined on 10/1/2014I found this restaurant on Open Table and couldn't be happier. Their sushi and sashimi selections were great!Special Features:
- So good!NYC12345Dined on 9/30/2014Natsumi never disappoints. Everything is delcious. Two of my favorites are the spinach appetizer and the salmon carpaccio appetizer. So good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Non-Theatre D Theatre D DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/28/2014The tofu salad is very filling, and very reasonably priced. The tofu raviolis are sinfully good. The mood is decidedly not-theatre-district, not-times-square but it is around the corner from there. I have had two great meals there.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/28/2014We had a quick sushi dinner before the theater and were delighted with this restaurant. The sushi was perfectly fresh and, although not terribly inventive, satisfying. So if you want something simple while in the Theater District, give this place a try. The staff is most accommodating and pleasant.
- Great Flavors in a Sea of RepeatsSnowAngelsVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great flavors in an area where the places seem to be different variations of the same thing. Dishes were well executed and served quickly. Service was up to standards in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great biz lunch spotjeszDined on 9/24/2014Great biz lunch spot, though I can imagine this would be great for dates too. Very cute and food was delicious. Already planning to come back next week.Special Features:
- rgskolVIPDined on 9/23/2014A wonderful theater district choice - and there are so few good ones! Excellent and creative Japanese food....warm and efficient service. Certainly convenient to most theaters.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find!foodieDined on 9/20/2014We stay in Times Square every year and just found this great sushi restaurant not far from our hotel. We will definitely be returning next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/18/2014Another pre theater dinner at Natsumi and it is reliable and always delicious. The place is small so be sure to make a reservation. The service is efficient yet friendly and the food is fresh, tasty and creative. It is one of our favorite pretheater spots in NYC.Special Features:
- My new solution to pre-theaterlaurabeckernycDined on 9/16/2014I am always looking for places to eat that are good and easy in the theater district before seeing a show. Natsumi is all of that plus it has a great vibe and very friendly service. Its a big place which is good because I've always just walked in and been seated quickly in the lounge or main room. The sushi is fresh and delicious; I love their healthy tuna/cucumber appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great sushi nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/16/2014We enjoyed, yet another, great sushi dinner at Natsumi....don't change anything!Special Features:
- PerfectionMikeEVIPDined on 9/15/2014The very best sushi in NYC. Service is led by Tony and is impeccable. I visit whenever I am in town and I am ALWAYS glad I did! Outstanding Sushi, setting and service!Special Features:
- Good foodLJD785VIPDined on 9/11/2014Good food, but much too noisy (at least at lunch) and tables are tight. I would try it again on an off-hour. I would recommend with reservations due to bad acoustics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- japanese italian cross overJuergenDined on 9/7/2014very new and interesting taste combination of the japanese and italian kitchen.Special Features:
- Urban Asian in theater districtlookinferfoodDined on 8/28/2014Very nice, smallish restaurant near theaters. Interesting and varied menu with good sushi rolls. We sat in the main room but the bar is a very lively scene and you can order plates there. Price is moderate for location and food quality.Special Features:
- Highly recommended!!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/28/2014I have lunch and dinner here and both experiences were excellent. The decor of the establishment was classy and upscale.I came for a special occasion so I chose the Matsu chefs special and was not disappointed. The sushi was fresh and delicious. Entire staff was courteous and attentive without being overbearing. Must try the cheesecake tempuraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.