226 West 50th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.natsuminyc.com/
- Phone: 2122582988
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner : Monday - 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am; Sunday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Chef Haru Konagaya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Natsumi offers Seamless web, Local Delivery, and Off-Site Catering with Sushi Chefs.
- Private Party Facilities: Natsumi offers private event space in our Tokyo-chic bar/lounge. We offer many different menu and beverage options. Private events require a minimum of 40 guests, group parties are also welcome. For further inquires please contact our management.
- Private Party Contact: Irawan Yudi 2122582988
- Cross Street: Broadway + 8th Avenue
- Public Transit: Subways: C E, 1, B D F V
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There are three parking garages located right next door to Natsumi Restaurant. The parking garages are located to the east, west (discount parking coupons are available for our guests, 4 hour parking $15.00), and practically in front of the restaurant.
A word from Natsumi Restaurant
Natsumi Breaks New Ground with Innovative Modern Japanese Cuisine. Barbara Matsumura founder of Haru Restaurants, has teamed up again with Chef Haru Konagaya to create this strikingly original destination. Two separate experiences in two adjacent sites, an elegant restaurant and a trendy Tokyo-chic bar/lounge. Natsumi specializes in modern Japanese cuisine with a touch of Italian ingredients; offering an array of creative dishes such as, sashimi arugula salad, new style yellowtail carpaccio, and lobster green tea ravioli. The innovative menu relies on unique preparations with dynamic flavors. The wine list is international, with white, red, sparkling wines, and champagne by the glass and bottle. The restaurant is divided into distinct dining areas, a cozy space with intimate booths, a sushi bar where diners can watch the chefs compose, and in the front, the windows open to the street. The whole room is infused with a warm golden glow and earth tones.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Natsumi Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (47)neighborhood gem (38)great for lunch (29)romantic (22)special occasion (21)good for groups (17)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Urban Asian in theater districtlookinferfoodDined on 8/28/2014Very nice, smallish restaurant near theaters. Interesting and varied menu with good sushi rolls. We sat in the main room but the bar is a very lively scene and you can order plates there. Price is moderate for location and food quality.Special Features:
- Highly recommended!!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/28/2014I have lunch and dinner here and both experiences were excellent. The decor of the establishment was classy and upscale.I came for a special occasion so I chose the Matsu chefs special and was not disappointed. The sushi was fresh and delicious. Entire staff was courteous and attentive without being overbearing. Must try the cheesecake tempuraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waitress was very kindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Food is very good you should try the golden leaf sushi rollSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SushifabulousmealVIPDined on 8/26/2014The menu is creative and the food excellent! They are a bit understaffed on the server side of things, so service can be a bit slow. The bar is on the other side of a lobby from the restaurant so ordering a bottle f wine took sometime to be delivered. But we will definitely return as the food - dumplings, sushi and rolls - terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite goodDanbiDined on 8/22/2014We had a very good time for dinner at Natsumi restaurant. We chose the Matsu chefs special and it was great.....very good and smily service. We have been served a bit to fast but after asking to slow down, it was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for lunchMonaBVIPDined on 8/21/2014I used to love to dine here at lunchtime -- sushi specials very filling and a good price. Last Friday, however, the eel roll seemed off and turned me off my lunch. I didn't tell the waiter, but ..
- Natsumi comes through againMikeBellefonteDined on 8/20/2014When I travel to NYC I try and grab a nice dinner and Natsumi came through again. Totally enjoy the sushi. Fresh, plentiful and presentation was great. I wait until the theater crown gets moving, about 7:30 and begin to relax and enjoy.Special Features:
- Great Pre-theater spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent fresh sushi. Great service, too. We've decided this will be our pre-theater dinner spot from now on.
- Great Food / Friendly ServiceTroyDDined on 8/15/2014Not much more to say. The food was excellent. The service was friendly and prompt but relaxed. Very nice experience.Special Features:
- InterestingdaSilvaDined on 8/14/2014The taste is different from what we are accustomed to in Brazil, but it is interesting.Special Features:
- Good and badGramercygirlVIPDined on 8/13/2014Delicious food, but we felt a little rushed...I suppose because it was in the theater district.
- Amazing finddancingfoodieVIPDined on 8/12/2014All 3 courses (fish ceviche, filet mignon with pepper sauce, chocolate mousse cake), plus the house made lychee saki were unbelievably delicious -- I enjoyed each so much I didn't want to finish them. Service was attentive and extremely helpful but unobtrusive. I'm recommending it to everyone I know and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner near Gershwin TheatreSallyBVkramDined on 8/12/2014Went here for dinner before seeing Wicked and the location is ideal: right across the street from Gershwin Theater. The prices are good for what you get, which is decent sushi. I had the prix fixe option and had to remind the waiter that the sake wine came with the meal. The service was only so-so, though I'm not sure any restaurant in NYC has impressed me on service. All in all, this was a good dinner. I would visit again if I had tickets for another show at Gershwin.Special Features:
- Not Authentic JapaneseSHU3Dined on 8/10/2014The front door, the decoration and the price of menu seemed like a classy, upscale Japanese restaurant. But the service was low class. First of all, it was not authentic. Appetizers and desserts were pretty good. But the sushi was horrible for that price! The sushi rice was too dense! And the waiter did not asked us for the sake which came with the menu. I had to remind him. When we finished eating, they stacked the plates in front of your face on the table. Worse than diner. Then the maître'd got her own plate and sat next to the front and started eating while still working. They don't even do that at McDonald's! With that price they charge, they should at least pretend to be fancy. I will never go back there.
- Comida japonesa com toque especialjj2jDined on 8/8/2014O atendimento no Natsumi foi excelente. Chegamos eu e minha esposa alguns minutos antes do horário de nossa reserva, porém, mesmo assim, sentamos logo. Na sequência os pratos solicitados vieram com presteza e estavam muito saborosos. Nos serviram um delicioso sakê de lichia de cortesia. Pedimos uma sangria de sakê que igualmente estava ótima. Para terminar um incomparável tempura de cheese cake que vale ser experimentado. Estando em NYC, o Natsumi será nossa opção de restaurante japonês.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJackieVIPDined on 8/6/2014Fresh sushi and everything else was delicious too. Highly recommend the veggie tempura appetizer and the Natsumi roll.Special Features:
- Good stuffbennyD83Dined on 7/25/2014Solid Sushi at good prices. Tempura Cheesecake was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just averageNULIXXDined on 7/23/2014Came here with a friend for dinner last week.We cost nearly ＄100 in all（tax n gratuity added）.Though we got coupons in the end,we really had no interest in coming back.Average sushi and average steak.Personally I'd like to recommend the tempura cheesecake,which is much better than the main course！Btw,this restaurant is TOO SMALL AND CROWDED.But the service is pretty good.
- Circle in the SquareMimiVIPDined on 7/23/2014We went to see Lady Day at Circle in the Square, had never been to Natsumi before, but it is directly across the street from the theater. Pleasantly surprised by the food and service. Will definately dine here again!!!!Special Features:
- Veramente ottimo !!!!!Charlie64Dined on 7/20/2014Ristorante di buon livello con una qualità' di sushi altissima. La quantità inoltre oltre la media. Ottimo il servizio effettuato con cortesia e prontezza. Il prezzo pagato al di sotto della media di un ristorante di questo livello.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodisloveDined on 7/15/2014going to the theater, delicious, well priced Japanese food, in a nice atmosphere very nice food!Special Features:
- Fresh sushi!EpicureanVIPDined on 7/10/2014The sushi was very fresh. We've been here before, and the sushi is consistently good. The service was a bit slow, and we had to remind our waiter that we ordered our appetizer, two times. It's a very small restaurant, and the noise level is high. But, you can always expect the sushi to be fresh!
- Delicious sushiBigeatersohoDined on 7/10/2014Started with delicious Lychitini. Very refreshing. Then crispy rock shrimp temura and pork shumai. And gold leaf sushi roll. Everything was well prepared and well seasoned. Service was excellentiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Natsumi: perfect for pre-theatrePatsyVIPDined on 7/9/2014We happened upon Natsumi to be near Circle on the Square, but will find excuses to visit there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for LunchTanc73Dined on 7/9/2014Only went Natsumi for lunch but do have plan to visit again for the dinner in near future. Don't know much about their lunch special, we ordered from their regular menus. Rock Shrimp and Natsumi Tempura Roll are good. (if you want to pick one, try the Natsumi Tempura Roll). Chirashi are high quality and super fresh; however, for the price point, I think there may be other type of fish that chef could use. All and all, I think this is great place to go for either lunch or dinner. if you are big guy, please expect tie seat and small space.Special Features:
- Great NightTusunkeegirlDined on 7/6/2014Food was delicious and service was great. My only complaint would be the proximity of the tables. The booths in the back look more comfortable but the seat we sat at was a fourtop with a wall booth and two chairs. The other table was so close it was hard not to over hear conversations and when we left I had to squeeze awkwardly by the other table. That's the only reason I wouldn't put 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and tastyAlanKVIPDined on 7/5/2014Several items on the menu were very good. The service was friendly and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice after work dinBoopsterVIPDined on 6/30/2014This is the first time I have dined here. Was with a friend and we thought that our entire dining experience was a delightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretheater sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014Very nicely presented. Attentive friendly service. Great location.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater District Find!JJJJVIPDined on 6/19/2014This was our third time at Natsumi's and it has become one of our favorite restaurants in the Theater District. We did not have sushi but the kitchen entrees are delicious. We have tried the grilled chicken teriyaki, broiled chilean sea bass, steak teriyaki, grilled slamon teriyaki, and filet mignon. All were delicious and prepared exactly as requested. Service is excellent and you are never rushed. Would recommend this restaurant to everyone. A real find in the Theater District.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor sushipeterm33Dined on 6/18/2014It sounded like a bright spot in the food desert of the Times Square area, and the place looked good inside. But the food, especially the sushi, was sub-standard. And it was all slathered with soy and other sauces to cover up the fish quality. A burger joint - or even a street hot dog - would be a better bet. And the price would be more in line with what you got.
- quietlunchDined on 6/15/2014Great food and very good service! Even thou we got there very lateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PKDfoodyVIPDined on 6/10/2014Very nice sushi in the theater district, nice menu choices.Special Features:
- Great pre-theater mealUSCMomDined on 6/6/2014Very tasty, fresh sushi the heart of theater district that seems to attract NYers and out-of-towners alike. Hot appetizers are wonderful, especially the oysters. Sushi is inventive and delicious. Dessert, borrowing from the Italian, is amazing. Had cheesecake tempura. Crunchy and melts in your mouth. Wonderful sake sangria cocktail. Service was fantastic. Asked if we were going to the theater which we were. They were efficient but not hasty.Special Features:
- Left much to be desiredHammertimeDined on 6/3/2014Unfriendly service, dimly lit, dirty table, wrong food served to my boss at a business lunch. When waiter realized the mistake, he took the plate away and it took 20 minutes for the correct order to be served, after the waiter argued with the sushi chef (they were within earshot) about what the order actually was. I would not recommend and would not go back.
- Excellent Restaurant!Foodie89Dined on 6/2/2014Natsumi is a terrific restaurant. I have dined here, and at many other sushi restaurants throughout NYC, and Natsumi is consistently excellent. The food is fresh, tasty and consistent. The service is attentive but not overbearing. The ambiance is elegant. The manager, Tony, is also a treasure - he treats each customer like family and takes care to remember regulars while also keeping the restaurant running smoothly - he is a big reason I consistently go back and recommend the restaurant to others. 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sushi lover's dreamlechweDined on 5/29/2014Finding a good place for pre-theater dinner, is a challenge. But not if you've found Natsumi! Its Japanese modern decor is tucked away on 50th Street, and the dining room is separated from the bar area, making each space feel intimate and inviting and making the closely spaced tables completely acceptable. The sushi platters opulent, and the fish is as fresh as I've ever tasted. The pieces are 1.5 times the size of those at other sushi restaurants and the rice is "sticky" enough to allow two bites without crumbling. I'm sure the menu's non-suchi dishes are comparable, but I'd find it difficult to eat anything but sushi here. Will return even if I'm not going to theater!Special Features:
- Great Japanese LunchsydbVIPDined on 5/28/2014We had lunch here, pre theatre. Husband had the sushi lunch and I had the tempura lunch. Very delicious and high quality sushi and tempura. A good find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.foodieDined on 5/24/2014Natsumi never disappoints. From the moment you walk in the door, the friendly accomodating staff makes you feel welcome. The grilled chicken and shrimp was flavorful and beautifully presented as were the steamed king crab dumplings. We highly recommend Natsumi and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was relatively quiet!!pickyeaterDined on 5/21/2014The food was delicious. The service was excellent. The table wasn't cramped. The noise level was comfortable. The staff was extremely pleasant!Special Features: