National Pastime Sports Bar & Grill - Gaylord National
201 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
National Pastime Sports Bar & Grill - Gaylord National
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-national/dining-activities/national-harbor-restaurants/national-pastime-sports-bar-grille/index.ht
- Phone: 3019653728
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mika Soltes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Christine Canonica 3019653728
- Entertainment: National Pastime"s cutting-edge sports-bar environment artfully blends contemporary design with sports memorabilia, fusing ageless character with charm from decades past. Curved banquets... custom sofas... individual lounge chairs... and dozens of flat screens throughout the sports bar and grill to ensure you never miss a play.
A word from National Pastime Sports Bar & Grill - Gaylord National
No more waiting for scores and highlights... Watch your favorite sporting event on our 30-foot video wall while you drink and dine at National Pastime Sports Bar and Grill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
National Pastime Sports Bar & Grill - Gaylord National reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014First time at National Pastime Sports Bar & Grill - Gaylord National. Although reservations were made, we had arrived an hour early and were promptly seated. The wait staff was very attentive. EXCELLENT SERVICE! MC- BaltimoreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- davekcmoDined on 5/27/2014Energetic sports bar and dining with 2 story video wall. Great for casual gatherings and events.Special Features:
- Hidden GemMochaDined on 4/2/2014I really like this place for groups and sports loversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceKarenj26000Dined on 12/26/2013We were able to get in on time however it was over an hour before our food arrived this was not sue to the serving staff but the kitchen the manager was advised we were waiting for our food and he was attentive however we thought he should have known what was happening in his establishment all of the customers seemed to also be waiting for a long time which is inefficient for the rest as well as the waiting staff rating is an F we will not be patrons in the futurw
- Poor Service at National PastimeEddieNDined on 12/23/2013"Lost" our waitress early on in the dining experience. Coke was a bad syrup/CO2 mix. Returned it to the bartender for another. Bartender said lack of a waitress wasn't her problem. Expected more as far as baseball memorabilia of which there is hardly any. Big screen in main dining was far less than HD quality. $15 for cheapest cheeseburger on menu. This place is a tourist trap that locals, like me, should avoid. Did I mention the $9 for 2 hours parking?Special Features:
- Christmas experienceCherylDined on 12/21/2013We had a wonderful time this past Saturday with the Christmas celebrations. Perfect table with a view of the tree and snow fall. We'll definitely be back next year! Thanks, Cheryl BurressSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Dining but Good Foodqueen78Dined on 12/19/2013Nice selection of restaurant in the Gaylord. More casual than some of their other restaurants, but very good food. Pleasantly surprised by the fish and chips selection, crisp but not greasy. I recommend for good dining at reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were at the Gaylord forsweetp0618VIPDined on 12/7/2013We were at the Gaylord for an event and had reservations for 10 pm. We arrived at the podium an hour early. They seated us immediately even though they had a wait list of over 30 minutes. YAY!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warming up after Ice!scottDined on 11/29/2013Limited menu, large portions, noisy. Excellent service, not a long wait for the food despite a full house. Pricy and a mediocre beer selection, but it is a sports bar and not a pub.Special Features:
- Just OKMortyDined on 11/23/2013First, they did not have any record of our reservation. Had to ask for manager to find us a table-- we learned that there was an hour wait for others who came to the front desk at the same time, so needless to say, we were not pleased with having to wait--but we were seated within 10 minutes of arriving. Not sure what happened there. We had to ask for our server to re-wipe down out table and chairs--greasy streaks on both; my husbands bar stool was broken and almost had a "Goldilocks" moment. Once we got settled, the service was good and fairly quick with getting our apps and meals out. The quantity of food was perfect but it was way overpriced for the quality of the food. I suppose that it was you get in a resort locale though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food at the restaurant was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2013My daughter didn't like the fish and chips, but the rest of us (6) had the cheeseburger and loved it. My mom had the chicken sandwich and raved about it. It is a bar so the beer was cold and good.Special Features:
- Great sports bar scene. PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2013Great sports bar scene. Prices a bit high for a sports bar but a nice spot.Special Features:
- Food was average and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Food was average and service was slow. Nice place to try if you looking for appetizers and drinks but dont expect more then that.Special Features:
- We had 2 parties of 10 eachOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013We had 2 parties of 10 each and the service was unbelievably horrible. 3 hour dinner!!! Drinks came AFTER the appetizers and server didn't even bring enough wine glasses, so that one guest had to go up to bar and help herself with the glass. Gaylord DID NOT anticipate the volleyball weekend that was there. Very poor showing and would not come back even if for another volleyball tournament.
- America's Favorite PastimeLaJuanda5Dined on 2/14/2013I chose National Pastime for me and my husband on Valentine's Day. We normally would have gone to a romantic kind of restaurant but I wanted us to do something different and fun. We had a blast. My husband is a sports aficionado and he loved the giant wall sized TVs that we were seated near. It made his night. Thanks so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was New Year's Eve so thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2012It was New Year's Eve so that might have been the problem but the service was horrible. The hostess people at first seemed to have no idea what reservations were. Then out waitress disappeared about half way through our meal. Then we got another waitress but when she took our credit card she walked around for a while with our credit card and then went around waiting on tables. It took her 10 minutes before she came back to us with the card.
- Did not want to honor reservation.StanVIPDined on 12/27/2012Our first time here. It is located in the Gaylord Hotel in National Harbor in Maryland. The restaurant is a typical sports bar with many TV's, good beer list and good burgers. The only issue we had is that the place was very busy which normally would not be a problem because we had a reservation with Open Table. However, when we got there the hostess said "we usually take only walk in reservations so we will put you on the list". When I showed her my phone with the Open Table confirmation, she said "you will be jumping over 30 people" and would not tell me how long the wait would be. We took our pager and had a seat. Luckily, we only waited a few minutes for the table. Apparently a manager told her to honor our reservation.Special Features:
- Not recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/24/2012They didn't have our OpenTable restaurant, which was not appreciated given their hour wait at the time. They did seat us though. I couldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone though, unless you just want to watch sports on big screen TVs and don't care what you eat. The menu is very, very limited and if it's crowded, your food won't be cooked all the way. If you're at National Harbor, there are several better places to go.
- National Pastime - Can't Miss Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2012Great sports screens. Food's really decent. Service is nice. Really great specialty drinks. One of the spots always high on our list!Special Features: