Nathalie's - Overlook Farms
4356 Lindell Boulevard
Saint Louis, MO 63108Neighborhood:
Central West End
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Nathalie's - Overlook Farms
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nathaliesstl.com/
- Phone: 3145331580x
- Hours of Operation:
Afternoon Delight: 2pm-5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jimmy Voss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!
Fridays and Saturdays: 8pm-11pm
Now serving Sunday Brunch!
10am-2pm Brunch Menu
2pm-5pm Afternoon Delight Menu
5pm-9pm Dinner Menu
A word from Nathalie's - Overlook Farms
From our Overlook FarmContinued
to chef's kitchen
to your table
to chef's kitchen
to your table
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Nathalie's - Overlook Farms - Best Restaurants in Central West End ›
Nathalie's - Overlook Farms reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (19)romantic (17)great for brunch (12)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- LovelymkmccormDined on 10/11/2014Lovely location, wonderful entrance. Food options are very unique. Drink options are delicious. Would return.Special Features:
- Great experienceSueBDined on 10/5/2014We have been wanting to try Nathalie's for some time. It just so happened to work out for brunch on Sunday. What a wonderful surprise from the moment we walked in the door! A wonderful greeting and after being seated we were serviced by a very nice server, Scott. The menu, food, drinks, all wonderful. Highly recommend! Took a tour of the basement private dinig space and plan to have a small group for dinner sometime soon!Special Features:
- bjmrVIPDined on 9/26/2014Four of us went to dinner at 6 PM. We were the only table and remained the only table until we left at 8 PM. Two of us ordered the tilapia. It was so salty it was almost inedible. The waiter tried to compensate by bringing dessert without our ordering it. Both men had the beef dish and neither one would order it again. We were so disappointed and question if this will be open in another couple of months. Too bad because the décor is lovely and a great deal of money has been poured into this restaurant. But we will not return.
- Great placeJakeSTLDined on 9/8/2014Great food and great atmosphere a must try for anyone wanting a great meal. Make sure and take a tour of the upstairs also while you are there.Special Features:
- Delightful!MissJaneDined on 9/7/2014We had a special brunch with friends. Especially tasty carrot soup, quiche, kale omelette. Loved the peach pie, too. Looking forward to our next visit, maybe to enjoy some music in the lounge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting closestlfoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is great in concept and did pretty well....with some work on the execution. Very good food but not always served as described. Also, the wait staff was very nice but not properly trained for what was set up to be a fine dining experience. I appreciate not bring rushed but this was a bit too slow, even for us. I'll give it another try....and hope they get the details ironed out.
- Superb food and ambiance!CWEvegetarianDined on 8/27/2014A wonderful addition to the Central West End! Superb food and drink coupled with outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Off Night?lolatwinkletoesVIPDined on 8/23/2014Love that everything comes from the Farm in Clarkesville. Food was very fresh. Service was just soooo slow. We will try again on another night and I'll order something else. My two dishes were uninspiring but my dining companion raved about the beef. They are very accommodating to dietary restrictions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, terrible servicejavamama3VIPDined on 8/17/2014We arrived at 12:15 for brunch. Our waiter didn't tell us the specials and take our order for 25 minutes. Our food didn't come out til 1:15, and the place wasn't even full. The waiter didn't apologize, didn't bring bread, and made it sound like because two of us ordered burgers, it was our fault that it took so long. Once we received our food, it had good flavor. The burgers were supposed to be medium, but were well done. Disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experiencehazu59Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I had a date night and discovered that Adonis Blue was performing at Nathalie's this past Saturday night. We arrived around 6:30 for dinner. The music started at 8:00 and we moved to the bar and stayed until 10:30. It was a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Well prepared local sourced foodMikerichDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I selected several items from the starter and main sections of the menu and enjoyed them all. They easily accommodated our request for tailoring menu items to our taste. We will go back to try the items we missed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at Nathalie'sWorldTravelerDined on 8/3/2014The waiter and staff were all very friendly, polite and professional but the service was very slow. This is the only negative I have. The rest was all excellent, including the food, and I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BluesFanDined on 8/3/2014From the food to the atmosphere to the staff - everything was EXCELLENT. Best I have experienced in STL for some time. We have a new favorite place for Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy but not stuffy Sunday brunchJPStevensVIPDined on 8/3/2014Made last minute reservation here for Sunday brunch. Beautiful ambiance, attentive sevice, farm fresh high quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014Had a fabulous time with a big booth away from the majority of tables. Didn't realize it was Jazz night so it got a bit loud to talk around 7:00pm ish but next time we'll pass on a Thursday week night.Special Features:
- PaulDined on 7/13/2014Best brunch we've had in years. Fresh ingredients from the farm make a huge difference. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was expecing more...ArgueSTLDined on 7/12/2014We arrived early so we waited for our group in the bar, which was very nice. The bartender was knowledgeable and friendly. The food was pretty good, but with the ambiance and emphasis on farm to table, I wasn't that impressed. We started with the ricotta gnocchi, and the texture was not good, they were grainy and dense. I had the pork chop which was cooked well, and the blackberry sauce was delicious. All in all there was some really good things about this meal and some very low moments, when ordering, stick to their locally grown basics, it was where Nathalie's excelled.Special Features:
- Nathalie's2shaysDined on 7/7/2014Came here Monday with my husband and a friend. My husband and I are both vegetarians and we had plenty to eat. Most of it was pasta, which isn't always the greatest choice, but each one was full of flavor and vegetables. We started with the country garden salad and black bean ravioli for the table. Both well executed and delicious. Our friend got the Avalon chicken. It had things in it, like mushrooms, which he has never liked, but he loved the dish. We had the gnocchi and penne pastas. The penne especially was very good. The cocktails were also fantastic. The citrus saint something was amazing. Our server, stephanie, was awesome. In fact, everyone we interacted with was delightful. Overall great experience and we'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kellVIPDined on 7/6/2014Easy to find and great atmosphere. The staff is very attentive and courteous. Enjoyed the specials, but look forward to coming back and trying out the general menu. Sangria was good and different; granny smith apples gave it a tarty kick :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stloufoodieDined on 6/30/2014Great food - highly recommend the seafood gazpacho, and attentive service that wasn't intrusive. Really liked that there are multiple rooms (it's an old restored home) which means that the ambient noise level was low enough that we could have a good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 74 reviews are from the Nathalie's - Overlook Farms reviews archive.
- Nathalie'sSuefoodieDined on 6/27/2014Our evening at Nathalie's started out with a very friendly hostess and competent server. The decor is lovely, feminine but not so much that it feels like a "ladies who lunch" tea house. Our dinners consisted of trout for my partner with the spinach/ricotta gnocchi and mixed veggies for me. The flavors were nuanced and delicious. It was obvious someone in the kitchen took time and consideration when preparing our food. The band in the bar was great, we were sat right next to the bar and it was only too loud a few times. Overall, Nathalie's was a great experience! The owner was present and hands on with guests, always a good sign.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad reviews notwithstanding...Eat2LiveDined on 6/21/2014Seemed to be a lot of bad reviews, but we decided to give it a try. We're glad we did! The food was very good. The menu was full of delicious sounding dishes. The service was very good. The restaurant looks beautiful inside, much different than the previous incarnation. I think the management has been reading the reviews and taking action. Good luck, Natalie's!Special Features:
- Nathalie's Never DisappointsNickieDined on 6/21/2014We've visited Nathalie's several times and most recently to have dinner before the Erin Bode concert, also held there. The food was great, as usual and the intimate concert venue is a wonderful addition.Special Features:
- Night out with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014We went to Nathalie's on a recommendation from some of our friends. The appetizers were great- we had the black bean ravioli and the spinach ricotta gnocchi and they were so good. The thai chopped salad was also said to be really great- and spicy. But none of us really talked about how great our entree's were. I had the Avalon chicken and my husband had the trout and we were both just like "not something I would be raving about or telling all my friends they need to check it out". The service was also kind of weird. There were all these people besides your server bringing out food and just kind of walking around asking who ordered what- where was our server? The customers should not have to be calling out for their food. Website?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014I would not recommend this restaurant, Food mediocre at best. We were the only guests for most of a Friday eve.Special Features:
- Solid Restaurant ExperiencegraceandzachsmomDined on 6/6/2014We went to Nathalie's on a Friday night for a quiet dinner. At 7pm the restaurant was fairly empty but became more bustling later on. I had scallops which were delicious. My husband had the steak and did not enjoy it. There were vegetarian options for our vegetarian friend. Around 8, our quiet table was disrupted by a loud (but fine) band. I was not expecting this and it made it difficult for us to have a conversation. The restaurant is in a beautiful old home. Lovely ambiance. I would go back - but I am not sure if my husband would come with me.Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014We took our family, including young grandchildren, for an early Friday night dinner. The service was some of the best I've ever had and what a beautiful restaurant. This will be at the top of my list for out of town guests. Menu is quite unique, and all of our dishes were very good. We had the flatbread appetizer and delicious bread so didn't have room on this trip for dessert. Also, didn't get to visit the bar but it looked quite intriguing. Definitely worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/2/2014Food was like a weird buffet on one plate. Smokey, sweet, salty.... some requiring major gulps of water. Dessert trio was terrible- probably the worst desserts that I've ever been served at a restaurant. We know that we were not alone as the only other table that we could see was vocal about how terrible their food was. Shame because the place is so beautiful...
- Good Farm to Table RestaurantEdwardVIPDined on 6/1/2014This is my second time to Nathalie's and I once Gain enjoyed the food. I had a grass fed steak and the asparagus soup. I enjoyed both. The decor is a little over the top and looks like Christmas with greens, reds and gold. There are also so e strange plastic flowers tucked around but overall I find it a very nice addition to the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst birthday dinner ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2014I do not usually write bad reviews but this just had to be said. Horrible server. The nicest person was the one pouring water and the hostess was quite friendly. Our party waited an exceptionally long time for their drinks from the bar. When the food came out my husbands steak was over cooked. She made some excuse about how farm raised beef cooks different, it did not make any sense. All in all out of 7 ppl only 2 ppl enjoyed their dinner. At the end when our payments where settled she accidentally charged 2 ppls card 3x. How does that happen? We complained to the manager and he was completely unapologetic in fact he was very rude!! This place will never last with such poor management and staff with mediocre food. I won't be back!
- Beautiful location, food needs workNorabbitfood4meDined on 5/22/2014I was so excited to try Nathalie's, but was disappointed in the experience. The location is lovely, an old house redone in a funky style with blended elements of classical, modern, and Egyptian. The food sounded fantastic--local and interesting. However, the experience did not match the hype. As a vegetarian, my options were limited (this is not a problem, I only need one good vegetarian option). My friends and I found the crab cakes a bit dry, crumbly, and overly fishy, the black bean ravioli delicious, but smothered in a heavy and inescapable cream sauce, and the hummus inedible. The spanakopita was delicious but only available with the hummus. Add a grumpy waitress, and I won't go back for dinner, but might return for live music.
- Disappointing, not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/19/2014We were seated promptly & given water but that is where the prompt service stopped. The waitress finally stopped by our table 12 minutes after the water glasses were filled. This seemed too long as there were few tables occupied on a Mon evening. We brought our own bottle of wine & she took another 10 minutes to bring wine glasses. thankfully she opened the bottle after she placed the glasses. we had been in the restaurant for more than 20 minute, we were ready to hear about specials & order. My friend ordered black bean ravioli which was bland but very hot (spicy). My side Caesar kale salad was excellent but the pork & black bean entree was mostly black beans with little pork the. We don't plan to return for the present menu.
- Sophisticated and sustainableAnnaDined on 5/16/2014Food is reliably good and interesting, though the menu may not change very often. Food all organic and local. As with most St. Louis restaurants service can be a bit slow. It is one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early dinner on a FridaySharonCDined on 5/16/2014We went to Nathalie's because we knew they had a locavore focus and because they happened to be open early on a Friday for dinner. I was completely impressed. The menu was amazing and I chose the trout that came with a beautiful vegetable medley. The wine list had some really nice options but the one I chose happened to be very affordable and really nice. It was the Hahn. The place is much more beautiful than any of its former incarnations. But the best part was the staff. They were all clearly proud to be there and it showed in how they presented the menu and the offer to give us a tour of the other parts of the house. I think this is going to be my new favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pastries, Pastries, Pastries!katsmom98VIPDined on 5/11/2014Wonderful Mother's Day Brunch! The Beignets are a MUST! Tiny, puffy, powdered sugar covered perfection. Make sure to ask about the pastry of the Day. We tried a bear claw and a lemon one that were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch - slow but special!hatetocookDined on 5/11/2014Brunch for 5 on Mother's Day. Enjoyed the food and ambience, but an inexperienced waiter was frustratingly slow and forgetful. But all staff were kind and friendly. The food was delicious! Prices are very reasonable for high food quality at this farm to table restaurant. The CWE location in an historic home is elegant and decorated beautifully. A cocktail each, 2 orders of beignets to start, plus entrees for 5, all for $110. Good reviews for the spinach and kale omelet, stuffed french toast, and quiche. The egg dishes had generous sides of toast, potatoes, and tasty grilled veggies. The quiche came with house salad - disappointing with about 3 bites of heavily dressed lettuce and one grape tomato. Overall lovely brunch. We will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placebobobnDined on 5/10/2014food perfectly seasoned and cooked..I am primarily vegetarian and had NO problem finding an entree..and my carnivore friends loved thier meals as well..let's keep this place around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Farm to Table RestaurantEdwardVIPDined on 5/4/2014I just ate at Natalie's for the first time. Unlike some restaurants that have jumped on the farm to table bandwagon and you fail to notice a difference from other traditional eatablishments, you can taste the difference at Natalie's. Asparagus that tastes liked it was picked yesterday and cooked today. Morel mushrooms that look and taste like the just found locally. The food prepared simply to focus on the dishes natural flavors. I had a morel brucheta appetizer and the scallops which also had morels. They were both great. As far as the service, it is friendly and attentive. The staff does feel inexperienced when compared to comparable restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014Great service by Duke and excellent Brunch. Kid friendly as well.Special Features:
- Easter brunchBandjDined on 4/20/2014Great food selection for brunch! A lovely late morning with family! Everything was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.