4 West 19th Street
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
RussianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nasharashanyc.com/
- Phone: 2129294444x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday 11.30am - 12 midnight.
Thursday - Saturday 11.30am - 1.00 am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Russian, Eastern European, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We cater to events anywhere from ten guests and over, specializing in Russian & Eastern European cuisine. We can customize Corporate events to suit your needs. Contact us via e-mail, telephone or in person. email@example.com
- Special Events: Happy Hour Specials (at Bar only)
Mon - Fri: 5.00pm - 7.00pm
- Cross Street: 5th Avenue
- Public Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, Q, R, W, & L trains at Union Square. F & V trains at 14th Street and 6th Avenue. 1, 2, and 3 trains at 14th & 7th Avenue.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: FREE parking is available opposite the restaurant between the hours of 7pm and 11pm on 19th Street and on surrounding blocks. Weekends FREE street parking from 11am to 11pm. Few parking garages also available in the area.
A word from Nasha Rasha
NASHA RASHA, invites you to experience a new concept in authentic Russian dining. Our restaurant specializes in authentic Russian food, updated to an international and American audience. We offer authentic Russian small plates meant for sharing & pairing with authentic Russian Vodka & wines. Come join the party and do shots from a selection of over 200 different vodkas. Most of them originals from Russia or taste some of our Russian inspired cocktails. Re-live forgotten times, by indulging in a mysterious dining experience. We offer a wide selection of fine caviar, Pelmeni, Chicken Kiev, Beef Stroganoff and the famous Borsht soup. If you are in the mood for a late night drink and a snack, stop by in the Flatiron District, enjoy from a wide variety of canapés & crepes at our original Russian VODKA Bar. NASHA RASHA is the perfect location for an intimate diner, a professional business lunch or after work drinks. Just stop by and we will take you on a mysterious and seductive journey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nasha Rasha reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (3)special occasion (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Food very well done, portions largeFoodAffairsDined on 7/30/2014We went especially looking for good Russian food and were curious about the less traditional atmosphere. The food was great starting with cold borsch, Russian sausage and Piroshki all of which were outstanding. My main course of Lulya and potatoes was well seasoned to the point of having a hot bite but not over done. My companion's Chicken Kiev was moist and full flavored on the inside but a little dry on the outside. One should be warned that all portions were very large. The appetizers alone were enough to fill up the two of us and our server warned us of this only after we had placed our order. All in all, the food and service are quite good and Nasha Rasha is a fun time with its Soviet era kitschy, self-parodying atmosphere.Special Features:
- OverpricedTheMurrayVIPDined on 6/6/2014Food was decent and the portions were generous but overpriced. $18 for a martini? Not again.
- The following 113 reviews are from the Nasha Rasha reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/22/2014Food was extremely overpriced as far as Russian food is concerned. Happy Hour is a good value.
- Not great, not badOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014Weren't happy with how our drinks turned out after waiting close to 20 minutes to receive all three people's drinks. Drinks were delivered one at a time for some reason. Bar was not busy- one bartender even ran through the dining room and showed us the "give me one second" finger when we all looked at him questioningly. Food was great. Prices are ridiculously high for the portions. Dessert was nice for my friends birhtday (candles and all) but we were charged for everything and after complainging about the drinks being returned, remade, and delayed....no discount was given except a free round of shots. Ambiance was buzz kill for a friday night special occasion. Would go to Mari Vanna instead next time.Special Features:
- excellent themeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/30/2014its a very nicely decorated Soviet Union style place. everything to do with USSR and russia. they have a wide selection of russian food. service is good. and they have a list of over 150 flavors of vodka. we ordered 8 different flavored shots. and for some reason was served to us hot. like sake hot... i never drank hot vodka and never will again cause it wasnt good at all. but if you want a taste of Russian cuisine in a very nicely decorated soviet style restaurant, cant beat this place. just stay away from hot vodka.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartyVIPDined on 3/22/2014Interesting ethnic food spot. Starting with a huge flavored Vodka menu, one progresses through a Russian food menu which has items of interest for all. Staff is friendly and service brisk. An enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Over 100 flavors of vodlkaSiffleurDined on 3/14/2014Restaurant is uniquely decorated. The background music is more like for a bar than restsurant. It's a good try since I never tried any Russian food. Pan fried potato w/ mushroom is nice. Entrees' are not bad. But overall food is overpriced. Restaurant offers a vodlka samples, 12 shots for $30, but no sharing, I'd like to try that one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moscow on 19th StreetDeliciousNewYorkVIPDined on 3/12/2014We loved Nasha Rasha! Our waitress made great recommendations form the menu and the food was delicious. Admittedly, we were there early, and it was not busy, things probably get more hectic as it gets later. This is not fancy dining, but great home made Russian food. We loved the fried potatoes with the Russian version of catsup, the vinaigrette salad, and the chicken stroganoff- we were too full for the warm Russian cheese cake, but we will try it next time. The decor is christmas meets vodka meets the color red.Special Features:
- Lovely Servers, Great Happy Hour!TastingTDined on 3/5/2014Both servers were extremely friendly and attentive to all their customer needs. The Happy Hour is a great deal. I ate the Beet Salad and Soup for dinner which was nice. Nothing extraordinary but a very decent sized salad that tasted healthy and fresh. The ambiance is fun and inviting. I would definitely recommend coming back here even to have a drink.Special Features:
- Hit & Miss?JoePublic1VIPDined on 2/26/2014Our stroganoff was delicious. Blueberry vodka good, too. Our cabbage/beets appetizer was brought out after we finished our entrees and were ready to go. When I went to pay the check, they agreed to deduct the charge and apologised, saying they were short staffed. Fun spot, cool decor but overpriced for what they provide, I think.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing TIMEServerDined on 2/21/2014We had such a great time at this restaurant. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came for food, stayed for drinks!debBVIPDined on 2/16/2014Our bar bill ended up as high as our food bill, but we do not regret it! We loved the borscht and salads we ordered. The dumplings were absolutely fantastic. The stuffed cabbage, well, not as good as my grandma's The folks next to us ordered the chicken kiev, which we will try next time. This is a great vodka bar. The waiter helped us select drinks. We drank. And drank. Very fun night out!Special Features:
- Great restaurant!CarolinaCDined on 2/14/2014The food was delicious, the decoration was full of character and the service was wonderful. I really recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpacebojoemessDined on 1/31/2014Wanted to try a new restaurant close to Union Square and found Nasha Rasha - and boy what a find! Food was amazing and the multitude of infused vodkas will please everyone. Staff was so personable and amazing. Just Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!AlanDined on 1/1/2014My wife and I have been to many Russian restaurants in manhattan and Nasha Rasha is one the of tastiest in Manhattan! Marina, our server, was very nice and her service was great. We came real early and were the first guests in the restaurants. We started our night with two shots of their homemade infused vodka, fried pilmeni, and vinaigrette salad. The portions were large and filling! After a few more shots of vodka we enjoyed Chicken Kiev and pan fried potatoes and mushrooms. Both were delicious! Unfortunately, we were so full we had to skip on dessert but Marina offered us two complimentary shots of vodka. Overall we had a great experience and will be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste and look of old mother RussiaPscott37Dined on 12/31/2013Went for New Years eve dinner. Apparently there was communication issues between open table & Nasha since the menu changes were not updated. To the manager's credit, she called to inform us that the prices & menu had changed for new years. She was honest in telling us that the prices were increased., turns out that up 10-20% in some cases. The decor is very fitting & entertaining. Interior was a bit shabby though with substantial scratches on walls from the chairs, face plates to the light switches were not square, etc. The food was classic Russian comfort food which is why it was overpriced, it was good though. They've got a great vodka list, worth sampling some. Service was top notch, they do seem to care great deal.Special Features:
- Good russian food.cjzsDined on 12/4/2013A group of us met at Nasha Rasha for a birthday get-together. We ordered about ten menu items and everything was great. One exception was the fried pelmeni(which is usually boiled then pan fried.) What we had was frozen and dropped into the deep fryer. It was terrible. Dry.....tough.....tasteless.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/12/2013Awesome restaurant,delicious food. They have over 200 different vodka flavors that they meek it themselves,which is fun to taste if you like vodka,we try vodka special flights and that's was fun. Excellent service and ambiance.If you like Russian food you should definitely go here,it's easy to spend a lot of money here though...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nasdarovya!AlteregoVIPDined on 11/12/2013I went to this Flatiron District Russian bar/restaurant with 2 others just to try it out. Interesting décor (Russian Soviet era) and interesting menu. Having had Russian cuisine at home and other restaurants in NYC, I would rate the food as good but not great. However, this place isn't about the food - its about the vodka. This is what they excel at - flavored vodkas - and the food is secondary and what the Russians call "zukuska" or small bites to help the vodka go and stay down. We had a ball and I will go back and try the some of the other 120 flavored vodkas on the menu. Our server, a pleasant young lady from Russia, was very knowledgeable and helpful in suggesting pairings of food and vodka and steered us away from bad choices.Special Features:
- HighlightFredrivinDined on 10/7/2013I went with a group of friends last night We didn't have a reservation and the place was busy,but we were lucky and scored a table Highlights Service was friendly.they came by a couple of times and were pleasent Vodka menu in the place is amazing Lamb dumpling were a hit. Everyone on the table enjoyed their meal. Nice to eat something different for a change. Interior is decorated nicely Great experience with nasha rashaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable experience.Alic1sDined on 10/7/2013My wife & I decided to go out for russian food after a long day at work. One of my patient recommend Nasha Rasha we didn't know what to expect. We started with the fish soup then ordered Oliver salad & Nasha Rasha dumplings for our main course I ordered beef stroganoff and my wife had fish cutlas. The food remained us of the why our parents cooked Everything was so good the dumplings melt in your mouth. The servers are all so sweet and helpful I normally don't drink vodka but if you go there it's stupid bit to try theirs do many homemade vodkas there the server let me try few I think the black currant vodka is unbelievable we the toke pictures in russian hats & jackets we couldn't stop smiling. All around we give this place 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They obviously don't want business.GlobalcuisineDined on 9/29/2013160 kinds of vodka attracted me to this Russian restaurant; turns out, 160 flavors, not the same. Menu binder has a light installed---required as MOST light bulbs were out. I asked why they said, we're Russian here--hard times. Stroganoff was delicious, served over freshly mashed potatoes. Lamb ravioli tasted good but filled with tough, fibrous something else. Chicken Kiev was way, way overcooked. I asked the server and she offered no explanation, apology or offer to replace it. It was so dry that it was actually difficult to cut with the sharp knife. We were the ONLY table on a otherwise busy night and I should have followed my instinct to leave. Only horrible restaurants are empty in Chelsea. So many great options in NYC--skip this one.
- pitiful attempt!YCG1VIPDined on 9/28/2013Food is really bad. Being of Russian origin, I can say that even pickles were really bad. There are many Russian places in the city and Nasha Russia is nowhere near even the worst of these places. Learn about Russian food.
- Even though we were almostMMGoodVIPDined on 9/10/2013Even though we were almost the only patrons at the restaurant and had two waiters serving our table of 6, several elements of our order were forgotten. There was no apology from anyone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally not Italian!!veffVIPDined on 8/26/2013Interesting authentic Russian fare done well. Great Vodka bar. Interesting ambience (won't give it away, but face the big screen!) No need to have an entrée, just go through the small plates (which are not so small). We were here on a Monday night. It was very quiet when we arrived. However, it started picking up as we were leaving. Enjoy!Special Features:
- UniqueAeginaVIPDined on 7/26/2013Amaz9ng selection of vodkas; fun, kitsch atmosphere. Staff were very friendly. I would definitely return.
- Food is great, vodka even betterFredrivinDined on 7/23/2013Had dinner at Nasha Rasha and I suggest it with pleasure.Food was great and atmosphere of the place is very nice. Pleasant stuff. Their proposal is typical russian(soviet) food , so not too "light",but honestly it was very good and very well served. I 'd suggest to try borch,pelmeni ,mushroom stroganoff Pay attention to vodka,they have so many different kind and over 100 infused one.we ordered vodka special and our evening began Food is great,the vodka even better PS Russian Baltica beer was also was very goidSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Russian Fair, Over-pricedFierianVIPDined on 7/20/2013My husband and I dined here on a Saturday night. To begin with, their menu is transition, and they don't have the new printed ones yet. So the duck salad was no longer available. And the Po-Flotski, the best thing we had, is coming off. The infusions were made with cheap vodka (very cheap) and it over-powered the flavors. All in all, not a bad night, but we wont go back. There was no wow factor.Special Features:
- This restaurant might be greattlcbigappleVIPDined on 7/20/2013This restaurant might be great as a Voka Bar. The chicken kiev was the worst I have had...dry and w/o herb-butter. The buckwheat was overcooked as well.
- Great Russian PlaceFodieDined on 7/10/2013I am Russian and when I miss my mother's cooking I go to Nasha Rasha. Great selection of Vodka and food that tastes just like home made!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piece of Russia in New YorkKevinDined on 6/13/2013It's not very often that a restaurant in NY is like NO other places.Nasha Rasha fits the bill. It feels russian, the wait staff are russian, and the food and drinks are definitely russian. The food is comfort and very delicious.i also comment the wait staff and bartender Restaurant nicely decorated and atmosphere is complemented by nice music and old military uniforms . Just like in Russia you need to get vodka all the time you eat, it helps your stomach. I'm happy to recommend this place for everyone who wants to eat and drink well. Have piece of Russia in New YorkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERBPSANDDined on 6/12/2013The atmosphere of this place was so fun and surprising.Two in our group had traveled to Russia and said that the decor ,atmosphere ,food and drinks were very typical of a Russian restaurant.i have never been to Russia, but my friends said that Nasha Rasha was very authentic.The best thing ordered at our table was pelmeni with lamb.I ordered chicken stroganov borch and chebureki..The highlight was the sampler of infused vodka.They promote the special $30 per person for vodka tasting.They have thousands of the different flavors of infused vodka.I tried a shot of every herbal vodka they have more than 10,my friends choose the some sweet and some spicy flavors and we all agreed that that almost everything we try was amazing and new to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!crackerjadeVIPDined on 6/8/2013Had such a great time at Nasha Rasha. The staff is welcoming and want to make sure you have a good time. They describe plates from their home country in such a passionate and enthusiatic way. List of infused vodka is impressive... and they are all yummy. Russian cuisine is not elaborate but is comforting: we had the best borscht and all the flavours and delicious. Funky decor just add to your experience. СПАСИБО!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab place!!!NAtaliaKDined on 6/3/2013This place is amazing!! Real attentions to details. The food is delicios. All meals come in good-sized portions and tasted great!!! Must try Chicken Stroganoff !! Vodka selection are great! We try horseradish and few spicy vodkas. They are great we will be back soon! Service was very friendly and restaurant's interier was very relaxing and informal. We were very impressed and will definatly return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come here for the vodkamayonakaVIPDined on 6/1/2013Not your typical restaurant for sure. A group of us (5) came here on a saturday night..we were surprised that it wasn't too crowded at 8pm. But after a drink or two, we were blown away by how tasty some of the flavor vodka are. Ask the waitress to select the flavor base on your like and dislikes. Best part of the meal was when Lyuba came by to offer us a round of free shots and had us taking pictures with military hats and jackets. For appetizers, i'd recommend getting the pirogi (pelmeni siberian) and sausage. Entrees were okay..nothing really stood out.Special Features:
- Can't wait to returnJoerobinDined on 5/28/2013Took my dad as a present for his birthday as he's frequent traveller to Russia and Ukraine. I was a bit funny at first as I had never had russian food before, but hands down was the best meal I ever had and can't wait to return.Amazing atmosphere and extremely helpful staff. Very cultured and great experience. Food and vodka are amazing at nasha rasha.My dad really enjoi the food and he know russian cuisine. Recommend it to everyone and I cannot wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than just a vodka menu...SiggyVIPDined on 5/11/2013We went for dinner and were pleasantly surprised by the overall menu and quality of the food. This was our first time eating Russian cuisine. We tried the beef stroganof and chicken "Kiev" - both were excellent. My only complaints were that the portions were a little too large and there weren't many other diners in the restaurant. There should be far more customers on a Saturday night....this restaurant offers great food, excellent service, and a funky ambience. We will definitely recommend!Special Features:
- I brought my american friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013I brought my american friends there and we all enjoyed Nasha Rasha in general. The food is amazing and very nice atmosphere!!Special Features:
- I went to Nasha Rasha on theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2013I went to Nasha Rasha on the recommendation of a friend. I absolutely loved everything about this place. From the decor to the wide variety of vodka, there is something there for every palate. If you're in the mood for a warm atmosphere where you can enjoy a drink and good food, this is the place to be!Special Features:
- Quiet Monday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/15/2013We were there on a Monday night and were the only table occupied so its hard to really judge what a place would be like on a normal or busy night. There were a couple of people in the bar area only. The food was great especially the appetizers. We had chicken Kiev that was perfect juicey but not oily) and beef Stroganov that was tender wih great sauce. The server was very accomodating and cheery.