384 E. Campbell Ave
Campbell, CA 95008Neighborhood:
AustrianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.naschmarkt-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 4083780335
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Austrian
- Executive Chef: Matthias Froeschl
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Naschmarkt Restaurant
Naschmarkt (NASH-MARKed) restaurant is located in historical downtown Campbell. The restaurant is named after the largest open air produce market in Vienna, Austria. The Naschmarkt has been a Viennese institution dating back to the 16th century and is known to locals as the "city's stomach". The restaurant, founded in 2011, features local Californian ingredients complimented by modern austrian fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Naschmarkt Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Campbell ›
Naschmarkt Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)neighborhood gem (84)special occasion (76)notable wine list (40)great for outdoor dining (40)romantic (37)hot spot (15)late-night find (6)great for lunch (4)scenic view (4)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Seriously good foodBnoehrDined on 9/11/2014The spaeztle is extraordinary as is the goat cheese purse salad. Great service. Parking is a challenge, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good German Food? YAH!travelingnanDined on 8/23/2014We've been here twice and both times we Loved! the food - even though German food is not usually our style. Many choices and all very carefully prepared and presented. Service is Excellent and friendly! Very good beer and wine list. Only disappointment is that some of the sides were not to our liking. Jager Schnitzl with mushroom sauce - to die for. ( no um-pah music a plus!)Special Features:
- bistro queenborn2dineDined on 8/20/2014Enjoyed Naschmarkt very much. However, I thought the prices for entrees were a bit high for south Bay Area. Wine selection was great! Main entrées should have some more veggies - very minimalist. These are SF prices. For a small neighborhood restaurant it should be more affordable. The corn soup was outstanding, also my heirloom tomato salad with burrata cheese was excellent. Enjoyed the salmon.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperinceBenjiDined on 8/20/2014The food was great and the staff very helpful. Atmosphere was friendly. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!MicheleVIPDined on 8/19/2014It's not often that I dine out and remember the experience in detail several day later...the food, wine list and service were outstanding. I will back...again and again.Special Features:
- Dinner with clientsnicedinnerDined on 8/19/2014I invited one of my long term clients for a dinner. They were very happy with their meals. My meal, on the other hand, was a bit too salty for my taste. I enjoyed it, of course, but it was kinda heavy meal for me. We had desserts, too. I was pleased that they had soufflé... :) My corn soup was delicately nice, and one of my clients liked the cucumber soup even though she said the salt could have been less. Nevertheless, I enjoyed my evening and was happy that my clients enjoyed a nice dinner with me. The wait between appetizers, entrees and deserts was not too long and the waiter was attentive. Overall, I was happy with the dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerBanditDined on 8/17/2014Started with the special appetizer of the day plus the sausage appetizer. Had the Weiner schnitzel and the Beef Rouladan. Everything was yummy. Restaurant is small and can be a little noisy; asked for a table outside when making the reservation, but there was not one available unless we waited 30 min. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/service, great atmospheresventoDined on 8/17/2014I had the Jäger Schnitzel and loved it! My wife had the Hungarian Beef Goulash and thought it was okay... I tried it and would not have enjoyed it. It may have been prepared exactly as it should be... but it just was not what she expected. It arrived as basically 3 pieces of short rib in a thick, spicy chili sauce (with very good spätzle in a container on the side). It wasn't the beef goulash she expected, mostly due to the flavor of the sauce. Otherwise we enjoyed our dinner. Another note: we are absolutely not Austrian food experts, but we felt like there was a real shortage of authentic Austrian cuisine. The menu seemed "European mix" at best.Special Features:
- Grt2eat1Dined on 8/15/2014Heard about this restaurant on KQED. Read yelp reviews re excellent Jaeger sauce which we did not like at all. The veal (wiener s) was tough (hardly had any pounding apparently). The goulash was ok, but would have loved to have some vegetables in it, i.e., potatoes, onions, celery or something. Potato salad & lettuce salad were ok. This restaurant is definitely OVER-PRICED for the quality of food. The best thing about the restaurant was the waiter and the Orangina drink. We indicated on the reservation that it was our 40th anniversary & they didn't even wish us a happy anniversary. Many restaurants even provide you a slice of cake or something on your celebration.
- luvgdfoodDined on 8/14/2014Enjoyed the food - tasty. Pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Traditional schnitzel!KatieDined on 8/12/2014After spending time in Austria and Germany this year, I was in search of a great Wiener Schnitzel and the Naschmarkt certainly delivers! My sister and I enjoyed a great dinner: we tried the cold cucumber soup - so good, and the corn chowder which was honestly so good I stopped mid conversation to just savor the experience. We then split the spatzle appetizer which was also amazing. For dinner, we went with the traditional Wiener Schnitzel - it was truly on par with some of the best Schnitzel I had in Vienna and Salzburg and small villages in between. The service was friendly, attentive, and the recommendations were absolutely on par. Umberto is a gracious host and always creates a very welcoming environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gemBiscuitVIPDined on 8/10/2014The food is unique and extremely tasty. The portions are large. The wait staff is knowledgeable and attentive. Definitely try the smoked chicken spaetzle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will definitely go back!jakeDined on 8/10/2014When trying to choose what entree to get, the waiter asked if this was our first time here. I said "yes" and he replied, "Don't worry, you'll be back again and you can try the other entree then!" He was right! I will definitely dine there again! The food was great and the service was incredibly friendly and efficient. We especially enjoyed the scallop appetizer and blueberry souffle dessert.Special Features:
- Much more than SchnitzelSkkyupDined on 8/9/2014I was the only one to brake tradition and ordered the Sautéed Alaskan Halibut with heirloom tomatoes. The dressing on the bed of tomatoes was nice and light, leaving room for the outstanding flavors of the golden edged fillet. Everyone else held to tradition and ordered Wiener Schnitzel, Rouladen and Bratwurst. We did do a little sharing, making sure we left room for dessert. The bread pudding was great but no match for the blueberry soufflé fresh out of the oven. The Naschmarkt has a very friendly staff from the greeter to the bussers and made us all feel like family.Special Features:
- FabulousFabulousVIPDined on 8/8/2014We have been to this restaurant several times and have never had a bad meal. This time my husband and I wanted to share an appetizer and they were very nice and even brought it out in individual plates. The service was excellent as always and the waiters were very helpful and patient in explaining new menu items and wine list. It is a very popular place and reservations are a must. We had reservations for 6:15pm and a few tables were occupied but by the time we left at about 7:15pm or so it was totally packed. I will recommend this restaurant to all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2014Food and service were very good. The menu has a lot of variety, and many things were appealing. The music outside was too loud for my taste - I come to a restaurant to talk to my companions, not listen to someone else's taste in music. I really hate trying to talk over music. That said, the music chosen was mellow and not overpowering, just more than I would like. The street noise is significant when dining outside. The food was inventive, and beautifully presented. The waiter was knowledgeable, helpful, there when we needed him, but not obtrusive. Water was refilled promptly. Overall, a very nice restaurant, and one I will definitely visit again. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Culinary DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/3/2014The chef at Naschmarkt has got it right. The appetizers, entrees and deserts are simply divine. This is one of the absolute finest dining you can enjoy in the South Bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014Naschmarkt Restaurant has delicious food. The only weak point was the main entree itself (not the sides). I was surprised to see as many kids as were there.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in the areaFoodMonsterDined on 7/29/2014Our second time at Nachmarkt for a birthday dinner. The food and service was just terrific. We've eaten at every so called nice restaurant in the area and based on this past experience its clear to me and my wife the Naschmarkt simply has the best overall food and service south of San Francisco. I think it all comes from the Chef/Owner who obviously loves to cook. We were lucky to enjoy some family recipes for a few items that i know we wouldn't be able to get anywhere else. I'll be shocked if I ever give another 5 star review again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely AmazingkeropuddingDined on 7/26/2014Our first time at Naschmarkt, and we were blown away by the quality of food here. Everything was exceptional. Our favorites were the Austrian cold cuts, the roulade, Strawberry snowstorm cocktail, and souffle. We are looking forward to coming back!Special Features:
- ApushprofApushprofDined on 7/26/2014After watching the laudatory episode on Check Please, Bay Area, I was a bit disappointed. The food was very good, but not exceptional. The service was very good, but not exceptional. The price was quite high for the food received. For a party of three, we each had an entree, two of us had soup, and we split an appetizer. We also shared one dessert between the three of us. The check came to $193, and I left hungry. Naschmarkt is a very good restaurant, but better values can be had elsewhere.
- Tantilizing your TastebudsmusickmakerDined on 7/24/2014What a treat! You don't even have to get on plane to Europe to experience wonderful Austrian food. Naschmarkt is superbly prepared Austrian food meets California Cuisine presentation. Care is given to make the food look as beautiful as it tastes.My husband and I celebrated our anniversary and weren't disappointed, We had ordered an appetizer (grilled bratwurst) ,salad ( goat cheese purse on spinach with berries & nuts and balsamic reduction) and our entrees ( grilled pork belly on asstd' vegetagbles and schnitzel. I am not sure what was better the food or the service. They both were impecable. The staff was friendly, knowledgable. Give yourself extra time to park as downtown Campbell seems to have a thriving evening scene.Special Features:
- Did not disappointfoodieDined on 7/24/2014The food was very good. The grilled asparagus salad was delicious as was the corn soup. The bass and the salmon also very good. It's small ..not many tables so make sure you get reservations. The service was excellent. I will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- John O'LOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Had been there I believe twice before the last time probably two yrs ago. Took close friends one of whom we celebrated not only her birthday but being special friends. Everything we had from two appetizers (one beets, the other bratwurst) four different entrees were excellent, nicely presented etc. We had deserts as well and they also were excellent. Service was great, friendly and knowledgeable waiter. An exceptional restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/18/2014Amazing food. Excellent service. Been there maybe 10 times and always have a very good experience.Special Features:
- SpectacularnicknameVIPDined on 7/13/2014I've run out of superlatives to describe Naschmarkt and its service, ambiance, food, drink. This visit the heirloom tomatoes and halibut have returned! The only way to properly describe this dish: "Inspired." Heirloom tomatoes in a defies-all-logic rich vegetable broth, with a perfectly cooked portion of halibut. I won't ruin one of the surprises for you, but the contrasts in the dish are amazing and, well, inspired! Go get it! From the gracious welcome to the fantastic service and the inspired food, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Great PeopleGolfinflyfisherDined on 7/12/2014This was my first time at Naschmarkt. We were treated exceptionally well, and the quality of the food was superb. The cold cucumber soup was awesome, and the others who had the butter lettuce salad with goat cheese were equally impressed. The preparation and presentation of the main courses were picture-perfect, and the flavors outstanding. We finished up with bread pudding...yum! Matthias and Humberto serve up the perfect combination of great food and great service in a fun atmosphere!Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurantredhead25Dined on 7/11/2014This is our second visit and we were just as pleased as the first time. My companion had the Jaeger Schnitzel and I had the pork belly. Both were amazing! The wine selection is not huge but they have some excellent wines and we have been most pleased with our wine selections as well. We had a leisurely dinner and were able to visit with our friends even though it's a bit noisy. Service was attentive without being intrusive. We will definitely go again and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Unique & special dining experience!Lov2EatOutDined on 7/11/2014Alan, food, Chris were all outstanding. Second time here was even better than the first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedbj2183Dined on 7/10/2014First, service was amazing, almost telepathic. The food just didn't do it for me. It tasted ok, but it was a tiny portion and way overpriced. The food was almost a la carte. If you want good food a la carte, go to Naglee Park. If you want good eastern European food, go to Teskes in SJ, or Gourmet Haus in Redwood City. The food and decor at this place is too Americanized, but I guess that's what people like.Special Features:
- Wunderbar!!womanwholovesgoodfoodDined on 7/9/2014I dined at the chic Naschmarkt Restaurant for my birthday and it simply was one of the best birthday dining experiences I've ever had! From the drinks (I had the most amazing beer that was selected by my waiter), the wonderful food (I had the pork belly) and dessert...OMG I had Salzburger Nockerl 9 it was SO good though they then brought out a crepe filled with apricots & whipped cream for my birthday because the waiter Teddy (who was superb all night!) remembered me mentioning that I love apricots! Naschmarkt Restaurant is a very special restaurant, though I will not wait for another special occassion to eat there, I want to go back again soon and often!Special Features:
- Superb FoodwallysliderVIPDined on 7/8/2014Superb food; excellent service.... Campbell's hot spot for great food.Special Features:
- NaschmarktTJB13VIPDined on 7/8/2014We eat here pretty regularly and have never had anything but a great experience. The food has always been wonderful, the service is typically great. They have always accommodated any request we've made including a special request to alter how a dish was prepared. The wine list is small, but the wines are very good. The cocktails are also wonderful. It is getting tougher now however to get reservations as the word must be getting out on them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic EveningHenryLDined on 7/6/2014I first took my wife (girlfriend at the time)here on our first date and we were impressed by the food. For our 2- year anniversary, we decided to return and see if the food had lived up to our memories, it did. The ambiance was perfect and at the end of our dinner, the owner had brought us a custom-made dessert upon over-hearing our conversation. It was a surprise and had won me extra points with the missus later that night. Overall, I'm glad we had came here that night and will continue to include this restaurant in our rotation. -HLSpecial Features:
- Perfection, as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/5/2014Been to Naschmarkt many times and it always amazes me. We have to start with the sausage appetizer, also had some corn soup to start and their soups are always unbeatable. Chose the classic wiener schnitzel this time and good as ever! Service is always impeccable. We love this place!Special Features:
- Nothing specialgreateatsDined on 7/1/2014A friend and I decided to try the Naschmarkt, as we are both fond of Austrian or German food. While the ambiance and service were very nice, the food was forgettable and disappointing. We had ordered the pork belly and the Wienerschnitzel. While the portion of the Wienerschnitzel was quite generous, the portion for the pork belly was very small. The taste of either dish was quite bland. We ordered the Apple Strudel for dessert, but neither one of us liked the taste. It was over-cooked, the apples mushy and brown. Not up to the standards we are used to. All in all, the dining experience at Naschmarkt was not what we expected for the prices they charge. We would not go back, or recommend this restaurant to friends.
- Best in San JosenicknameVIPDined on 6/29/2014As always, best service, food, staff, wine. This is our favorite go-to spot for Sunday dinner, special occasion, entertaining visiting guests, etc. Fresh menu, excellent "new Austrian" meets California menu. Highly recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited but yummy menuOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/24/2014Everything we ate was delicious - so tender and perfect. Decent wine and beer lists with many German/Austrian options so do research ahead or just ask the waiter. Menu isn't huge and the appetizers and salads/soups didn't appeal to our group but main courses all got 4 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GwenDaffodilDined on 6/24/2014Had a great experience for our anniversary. First time we've had Austrian food and it was fabulous. Desserts were also super good especially the soufflé. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Good food - good wineOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/20/2014Had very good food and the wine list was full of variety. Seafood was cooked properly - not too much not too little.Special Features: