384 E. Campbell Ave
Campbell, CA 95008Neighborhood:
AustrianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.naschmarkt-restaurant.com/
- Phone: (408) 378-0335
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Austrian
- Executive Chef: Matthias Froeschl
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Naschmarkt Restaurant
Naschmarkt (NASH-MARKed) restaurant is located in historical downtown Campbell. The restaurant is named after the largest open air produce market in Vienna, Austria. The Naschmarkt has been a Viennese institution dating back to the 16th century and is known to locals as the "city's stomach". The restaurant, founded in 2011, features local Californian ingredients complimented by modern austrian fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Naschmarkt Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Campbell ›
Naschmarkt Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (102)fit for foodies (99)special occasion (78)notable wine list (41)romantic (30)great for outdoor dining (29)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (6)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/22/2014All the food was very good. The scallop appetizer was outstanding. We will absolutely be back at some point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Campbell treasureDineinnapaDined on 11/20/2014Excellent food and service. One of our favorite places for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentically EuropeanJknzDined on 11/15/2014I am originally from Hungary and was very impressed with the authentic European flavours of everything I tried! As soon as I had my first bite, already it felt like I was eating what my mum makes at home. Fantastic service and great selection of drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/11/2014I just moved to Campbell & have been to Naschmarkt twice now. Both times were wonderful. The service is excellent and the food is even better. Frankly, I'm hesitant to write this because it's hard enough to get reservations as it is! (Truly... reserve in advance, I've seen people turned away at the door. It's a tiny place.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvnaschenDined on 11/7/2014The service was excellent and the food outstanding. We would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who knew?OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/6/2014"New" Austrian is very good and interesting. And downtown Campbell is a busy place, even on a week night.
- Wonderful night out!KE22ReviewsDined on 11/1/2014I took my girlfriend to Naschmarkt for a romantic birthday dinner Saturday Night. We sat at the bar and had a wonderful time watching the chef's cook. The service was timely, friendly and flat out excellent. The mixologist Alan made us specialty cocktails and came up with some really cool drinks by simply telling him a few types of alcohol we enjoy. We ended up closing down the place and my girlfriend was more than pleased. Nasch is now one of our favorite spots and we will undoubtedly be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stevedVIPDined on 10/31/2014Excellent food & good service. Wiener Schnitzel with Lingonberry sauce was very tasty! Great value; will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in CampbellSagnacDined on 10/31/2014This restaurant probably provides one of the best overall dining experiences in the South Bay Area all things including cost considered. Other guests have already described the great atmosphere and food, but to me the thing that makes this restaurant really stand out is the incredible service.Special Features:
- goodeatingDined on 10/26/2014Excellent food and good service. A variety of food on the menu. A little too noisy and tables too close together. One could hear the next table's conversation.Special Features:
- Best meal we've had in yearsRegularJoeDinerDined on 10/24/2014Naschmarkt was exceptional. We've had several recent disappointments some of our favorite places and decided to try something new. Had a tough time choosing, but everything we tried was wonderful. Worth the drive from the East Bay. We'll be back -- and hopefully can get seating next to the open kitchen to watch the chef cook.Special Features:
- ShellbakezzDined on 10/23/2014Wow...just wow. This restaurant is amazing. I had been meaning to give this place a go after hearing nothing but good things about it and finally got reservations. The place itself is small, intimate, and elegant. Perfect for special occasions or a romantic evening out. The food and service here is just extraordinary. Kudos to both the creative and talented chef, the SUPER attentive yet never overbearing staff, and to the owner, who came over to our table and wished me a happy birthday. This restaurants attention to detail, even to the littlest things, was what creates such a wonderful dining experience. I absolutely cannot wait to be back. Thank you Naschmarkt for an unforgettable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/23/2014Really Great Viennese food. As good as any in Austria or GermanySpecial Features:
- really greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014It feels like a home away from home. the food is delicious people are fantastic. The wine is excellent.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014We have been to Naschmarket many times and always have the same great level of service. It is a gem!Special Features:
- melsjDined on 10/17/2014It's refreshing to have an Austrian restaurant of such a high caliber in Campbell. Everyone I know who has eaten at Naschmarkt raves about it.Special Features:
- Good, but not as good as I rememberSnobotVIPDined on 10/15/2014We were there over a year ago. I remembered the pork belly being excellent, moist and tender, even my husband whom usually not into fatty meat raved about it. I ordered it again this time and was disappointed. It was like a hunk of meat, reminded me of the Chinese roasted pork except for about 4-5 times more expensive. Certain part of it was on the dry side. My friends had the Schnitzel with mushroom sauce and they liked it. The bread pudding was excellent, not too sweet. We also have the special crepe for dessert which was also good. I should have just gone for dessert.
- Dining with an Austrian FlairOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/15/2014The experience was just having my mother cooking for me. I like the updated dishes. The Jagerschnitel was to die for. The service was just what you expected in an Austrian resurant, top notch. Our favorite is the mussel appetizer dish. We could have just ordered the broth. We cannot wait we go back for more. We can not wait to come back and sample the winter menuSpecial Features:
- Always amazing, fantasticnicknameVIPDined on 10/4/2014Best restaurant in San Jose. Food, service, wine, food, ambiance, food, all fantastic. Don't let the "Austrian Cuisine" part of the name give you the wrong impression. This is the best of Austria and California all rolled into fantastic food and wine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service greatSneebsterDined on 10/4/2014The place is small, so can get quite loud. Not much room between tables so kind of tight spacing.Special Features:
- happy in our neighborhoodrobinVIPDined on 10/3/2014Overall excellent. Have eaten here often with never a bad experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/2/2014This is one of the best ethnic restaurants in California. In fact, it is one of the best restaurants in California. Food, presentation, service outstanding. Will go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014Just one of the best restaurants and they are so consistent. We try to have dinner at Naschmarkt at least every 6 weeks. Outstanding!Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/21/2014We celebrated our anniversary. We had a lovely dinner. Loved the layers in the corn soup. Their version of the Moscow Mule was delish. They brought us crepe special with apricot, so yummy and we had the souffle also a winner. My fish was very good. Only disappointment was the pork belly had too much fat and yes I know that pork belly is fatty but this one had too much fat compared to the meat portion, therefore wouldn't order it again. The sides that came with the pork were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS FANTASTICnicknameVIPDined on 9/20/2014Always fantastic, all ways. Double-cooked pork belly stunning in its preparation and flavor. Wine list very well curated with excellent choices for the menu. It is as possible to eat lighter fare here as well, equally well prepared. This is the place for the perfect marriage of Austrian and California cuisine. Highly recommended. Best in San Jose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favoriteSandyCampbellDined on 9/20/2014We went there to try Austrian cooking and to celebrate my birthday. My husband had the gazpacho and wienerschnitzel. I had the cold cucumber soup and jaegerschnitzel. For dessert we shared an order of apricot crepes (they were not called crepes on the menu, but they were crepes). The NA beer was Erdinger, and was very good. It was all delicious. Our server was very helpful and attentive. We eat out every Saturday, and try to spend $30-$40 on weekly dinners. Naschmarkt cost a bit more than that, so being retired we will not eat there routinely. But I highly recommend them. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceSebcredibleDined on 9/18/2014It's been a week since we are here and my wife and I are still talking about the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 31st anniversary dinnerSnarfDined on 9/17/2014Spent a leisurely 21/4 hours having a wonderful dinning experience. The food was great and the service was wonderful. We never felt rushed or bothered by the wait staff. I highly recommend the Austrian cold cuts appetizer. It was fun, interesting and delish! If you want something rich and decadent try the pork belly. All in all a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Wiener SchnitzelDanielDined on 9/16/2014The Quark Spätzle and the classic Wiener Schnitzel are great!Special Features:
- Seriously good foodBnoehrDined on 9/11/2014The spaeztle is extraordinary as is the goat cheese purse salad. Great service. Parking is a challenge, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good German Food? YAH!travelingnanDined on 8/23/2014We've been here twice and both times we Loved! the food - even though German food is not usually our style. Many choices and all very carefully prepared and presented. Service is Excellent and friendly! Very good beer and wine list. Only disappointment is that some of the sides were not to our liking. Jager Schnitzl with mushroom sauce - to die for. ( no um-pah music a plus!)Special Features:
- bistro queenborn2dineDined on 8/20/2014Enjoyed Naschmarkt very much. However, I thought the prices for entrees were a bit high for south Bay Area. Wine selection was great! Main entrées should have some more veggies - very minimalist. These are SF prices. For a small neighborhood restaurant it should be more affordable. The corn soup was outstanding, also my heirloom tomato salad with burrata cheese was excellent. Enjoyed the salmon.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperinceBenjiDined on 8/20/2014The food was great and the staff very helpful. Atmosphere was friendly. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!MicheleVIPDined on 8/19/2014It's not often that I dine out and remember the experience in detail several day later...the food, wine list and service were outstanding. I will back...again and again.Special Features:
- Dinner with clientsnicedinnerDined on 8/19/2014I invited one of my long term clients for a dinner. They were very happy with their meals. My meal, on the other hand, was a bit too salty for my taste. I enjoyed it, of course, but it was kinda heavy meal for me. We had desserts, too. I was pleased that they had soufflé... :) My corn soup was delicately nice, and one of my clients liked the cucumber soup even though she said the salt could have been less. Nevertheless, I enjoyed my evening and was happy that my clients enjoyed a nice dinner with me. The wait between appetizers, entrees and deserts was not too long and the waiter was attentive. Overall, I was happy with the dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerBanditDined on 8/17/2014Started with the special appetizer of the day plus the sausage appetizer. Had the Weiner schnitzel and the Beef Rouladan. Everything was yummy. Restaurant is small and can be a little noisy; asked for a table outside when making the reservation, but there was not one available unless we waited 30 min. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/service, great atmospheresventoDined on 8/17/2014I had the Jäger Schnitzel and loved it! My wife had the Hungarian Beef Goulash and thought it was okay... I tried it and would not have enjoyed it. It may have been prepared exactly as it should be... but it just was not what she expected. It arrived as basically 3 pieces of short rib in a thick, spicy chili sauce (with very good spätzle in a container on the side). It wasn't the beef goulash she expected, mostly due to the flavor of the sauce. Otherwise we enjoyed our dinner. Another note: we are absolutely not Austrian food experts, but we felt like there was a real shortage of authentic Austrian cuisine. The menu seemed "European mix" at best.Special Features:
- Grt2eat1VIPDined on 8/15/2014Heard about this restaurant on KQED. Read yelp reviews re excellent Jaeger sauce which we did not like at all. The veal (wiener s) was tough (hardly had any pounding apparently). The goulash was ok, but would have loved to have some vegetables in it, i.e., potatoes, onions, celery or something. Potato salad & lettuce salad were ok. This restaurant is definitely OVER-PRICED for the quality of food. The best thing about the restaurant was the waiter and the Orangina drink. We indicated on the reservation that it was our 40th anniversary & they didn't even wish us a happy anniversary. Many restaurants even provide you a slice of cake or something on your celebration.
- luvgdfoodDined on 8/14/2014Enjoyed the food - tasty. Pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Traditional schnitzel!KatieDined on 8/12/2014After spending time in Austria and Germany this year, I was in search of a great Wiener Schnitzel and the Naschmarkt certainly delivers! My sister and I enjoyed a great dinner: we tried the cold cucumber soup - so good, and the corn chowder which was honestly so good I stopped mid conversation to just savor the experience. We then split the spatzle appetizer which was also amazing. For dinner, we went with the traditional Wiener Schnitzel - it was truly on par with some of the best Schnitzel I had in Vienna and Salzburg and small villages in between. The service was friendly, attentive, and the recommendations were absolutely on par. Umberto is a gracious host and always creates a very welcoming environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.