Napper Tandy's Irish Pub
126 North West Street
Raleigh, NC 27603Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
Napper Tandy's Irish Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nappertandys.com/
- Phone: 9198334558
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast:Saturday & Sundays 11:00am-2:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Monday-Saturday; Sundays 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Jen Labenz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater for all occasions.
- Private Party Facilities: We will host nearly any occasion you would like to do; birthdays, showers,Christmas, Holiday, bachelor/bachelorette, divorce, funerals, you pick it we well help you make a party out of it.
- Entertainment: Napper Tandy's offers something for almost everyone. We have karaoke, pub trivia, rugby matches, darts, live music. Every day at Napper's has something different to offer. As we say there is always something going on!
A word from Napper Tandy's Irish Pub
Napper Tandy's is an authentic Irish pub located in the quaint Powerhouse square District in Raleigh. It is owned and operated by Irish cousins from County Tipperary in Ireland. Napper's has four bars, one of which Hal's from County Kilkenny itself. This is from Langton's Pub, a famous watering hole in the city of Kilkenny. Napper Tandy's also has a large patio for year round seating. In addition Napper's offers two private dining rooms for parties. WE have great traditional Irish food, shepherd's pie, bangers & mash, fish & chips, corned beef & cabbage. We also feature steak, wraps, burgers and sandwiches. Start your weekend off Friday evening for live Irish Music We have also being voted best Irish Pub, Best Pint of Guinness and friendliest staff, we would love if you join us for dinner and a pint; Slainte!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Napper Tandy's Irish Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
- Napper Tandysgreatplace2eatDined on 10/16/2013The service was great. The food was hit or miss. I ordered Shephards Pie, a recommendation from our waitress, and it was nothing like I ever had before as such. My daughter's burger was a hefty hand-pattied burger but not seasoned at all. Overall the food was fair to good but overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to hang out16annDined on 9/12/2013trivia was fun .sevice was good and the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2013Average bar/food experience. Nothing outstanding. But nothing really to complain about. We were only having a couple apps and drinks while we waited for friends to join us to go elsewhere for a private event. The food was good, and the solo acoustic guitar act was really good. No idea who he was. For being pretty empty on a Friday night at 8:30, the service was slow. The beer was warmer than it should have been. But the server was very friendly and made the time there better. Our friends each got a drink while we finished our food before going out. Took forever to get, and neither was satisfied with their drink. Commented that they tasted like "old people smell". And they were simple drinks. But its still a nice place to go.
- Fun but.....MeeMeeDined on 6/26/2013New here in Raleigh. Food was decent. Not great but it is a pub. The batter on the "frickles" was flaking off. The wings were overcooked and crunchy. But it took forever to get a server and then we had to keep pulling others to help us. We did have a good, fast food runner. The hostess even helped. Karaoke was fun! Good singers. But you could tell that they changed KJs as some of the regulars left early.Special Features:
- Creative menu with lots ofShellyVIPDined on 4/26/2013Creative menu with lots of traditional Iris foods that were very tasty. Large outdoor dining area.Special Features:
- We went for Trivia night forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013We went for Trivia night for my husbands birthday. The staff was fantastic in finding us a great table to hang with our group and still take part in the triva festivities. The food was really good and again all the staff were fantastic! We had a great time! My only complaint was it took a little while to get our check delivered and paid but we just kept playing games until it was completed. It was pretty busy when we were leaving. : )Special Features:
- Made reservation for Sun.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013Made reservation for Sun. 11:45 Brunch, when we got there, we were the only ones there and our server sort of snickered that I had even made a reservation, shame on me. They actually have an "Ok" brunch menu, you cannot go by the website, which is not informative, needs updating.Special Features:
- Went for a dinner, thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013Went for a dinner, thought there was going to be a band playing but got there they were setting up, when we left they were still setting up. Noise is at higher because it is a bar.. Fairly quiet around dinner time, but after that is when the "bar scene" starts and then later in the night it gets more energetic. Food was good for a bar, waitress was nice and helpful on things, even the hostess seemed excited to be there.Special Features:
- Good shepherd's pie and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/6/2013Good shepherd's pie and excellent service. Thank you!Special Features:
- WE WENT FOR LUNCH ON ST.BALDERICKSOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013WE WENT FOR LUNCH ON ST.BALDERICKS DAY. THE SERVICE WAS QUICK AND EFFICIENT, THE FOOD WAS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS AND THE GUINNESS WAS ICEY COLD! WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK? LOOKING FORWARD TO COMING BACK REAL SOON!Special Features:
- not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012This was our first time there. It was a nice date night. Although the food was not great. And it was expensive for poor quality food. We had the wings. I have never seen such small over cooked with hardly any meat on them wings before. I dont think we will be going back for food anytime soon.Special Features:
- We had an awesome time, despiteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2012We had an awesome time, despite the small crowd due to it being the Sunday before Labor Day. Frankly, all of downtown Raleigh was unusually quiet that night. Our waitress was warm and friendly and the food was delicious. Thanks!Special Features:
- Brotherhood BashNCvisitorDined on 8/10/2012Attended the 2012 Capital Area F.O.O.L.S. Brotherhood Bash. What a great time with firefighters and guest from all over the state. Can't wait until next year! Thank you Napper Tandy's for hosting the event!Special Features:
- The menu was wasn't eye catching,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2012The menu was wasn't eye catching, nothing popped out. It might be helpful to have a definition of all the Irish terms as I had to ask what things were. The chips were delicious but it seemed to be just average food. The environment and drink specials were awesome (especially the mimosas) but the bloody mary was just not right.Special Features:
- Don't waste your time or money hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012Waitress took our order right before the next table, they had eight people we had four, their food came , they ate, got their check and were leaving before our food even showed up. The waitress tried to tell me the kitchen got backed up on a big order, which was total nonsense. One of the worst dinning experiences I have had in a very long time. I wouldn't go back there if they were giving away the food for free.
- Food didn't come out all atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2012Food didn't come out all at the same time. Kids food came out after adult entrees.Special Features:
- My Irish Eye's Were Smiling!FoodFanVIPDined on 4/21/2012Napper's was a great find. The food was tasty and ample; the Shepard's Pie Boxty was quite large and the side of mashed potatoes was almost overkill with the starches! We took carrot cake and chocolate cake for later and they were so sweet, thick, and large, I though I might have a heart attack just looking at them; they were delicious! The service was good, but it took a while to get a waitress at first, yet it wasn't too busy. Once we were waited on, they checked up on us every few minutes. The setting was very nice; we sat in the library; thought about sitting outside, but happy we didn't; they allow smoking at the patio seating. Overall, I enjoy the food and setting and recommend you try it if you like Irish food!Special Features:
- Can't recommendCinemaholicDined on 3/31/2012We were so disappointed in the service as well as the emigrants corned beef. The place was not busy yet the waitres/hostess never came back to check with us after our drinks were delivered or after the food was delivered - both of which we wanted to talk to her about. I had memories of a flavorful hunk of beef from back when the restaurant was under a different name so I raved to everyone how good it was going to be; unfortunately, I couldn't have been more wrong. What three of us received was between four to six thin slices of dry, flavorless meat; however, one person ordered the Shepard's Pie which as very good. As it stands now, based on this experience,I am not sure if we will ever go back again.
- We were very supprised withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012We were very supprised with this Pub and don't know why we haven't gone there before. Our food and service were excellent. We will definitely go back. Everything was great and we enjoyed looking at the different bar areas that are very interesting.Special Features:
- a little chewy, but FUN!charDined on 12/31/2011we were there on NYEve, so, it was PACKED and super 'energetic'! we ordered the marinated flank steak and, it was WORK to cut it and then chew it. we all eventually gave up, leaving 2/3 of it on the plate. the rest of the meal was delicious. our service and everything else was great, so we didn't complain. the kitchen had to know when they saw all the meat coming back on the plates.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve was our dateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011New Year's Eve was our date of dining. Love Tribe (band) was AWESOME!Special Features:
- I've been to Napper Tandy'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2011I've been to Napper Tandy's a few times. I liked the flank steak. My 3 friends ordered the chicken dish. They were all disappointed in the sauce that came on it.Special Features:
- the best, tastiest irish foodcharDined on 12/17/2011the best, tastiest irish food i've had in raleigh.Special Features:
- I have frequented Napper TandysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2011I have frequented Napper Tandys over the past few years and enjoy the experience each and every time! I love the weekend live music!Special Features:
- Food quality and portion sizesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/10/2011Food quality and portion sizes have both declined; cooking is often insufficient (many items are significantly undercooked and served cold).
- What a great pub! While theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2011What a great pub! While the beer list wasn't extensive, it was a list of quality brand and craft brews. They have nightly specials as well. We ordered the loaded spuds for our appetizer. They were good, not great, but good. For our entrees we ordered Guinness BBQ burger with homemade chips (or "crisps") which was delicious and the Shepard's Pie Irish Boxty which was also delicious. We split a Bailey's Chocolate cake for desert which tasted homemade and was very yummy. Not gourmet by any means but above average pub fare. The service was excellent, the decor was awesome. We were there for dinner around 6:30 so it wasn't busy. Neat place. We'll be back.Special Features:
- The food was excellent. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2011The food was excellent. They handled a large group very well and the service was superb!Special Features:
- Guiness on tap is always aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2011Guiness on tap is always a good thing. The pour was great. Sheperd's pie was a smallish serving; Fish and Chips were fine. Waitress was pleasant and helpful, but over booked; service was slow. Overall, it's ok. Probably won't seek a return, and won't make this a recommendation.
- Good Evening overall. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2011Good Evening overall. Food was good and service was good. Went as a group and everyone had a good time.Special Features:
- Went for Saturday lunch andDeeDeeVIPDined on 3/26/2011Went for Saturday lunch and it was pretty quiet at noon. Great pub food. Very generous portions. Had the fish and chips with onion rings and it also comes with soup or salad and then the coleslaw too so it was a lot of food for lunch. Everything was very tasty. The prices are reasonable too!Special Features:
- The restaurant was good.theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2011The restaurant was good.the service was good and the food was good . we had dinner at 6pm so the pub wasnt very crowded. but the food was good and we really liked the atmosphere. I am sure that we will go back again.Special Features:
- Mashed potatoes were a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/26/2011Mashed potatoes were a little bland but otherwise, the food was great. Their computer crashed around the time the bill was due. After waiting for quite a while (and they were very apologetic), they finally gave us the meal for free because they didn't know when the computers would be back up. We will definitely visit again.
- We were there early on a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2011We were there early on a Saturday evening since we were with our 2 yr old and it was really quiet. I can see this place being a lot of fun later once the band and energy picks up! But with fewer people you can more easily enjoy the style and decor, which is really neat. I had the curry chicken wrap, which was good but I am more of an all white meat person, so I wish I had chosen the Reuben. Oh and I tasted my daughters cheesy pasta- yum! That would be a great option as a side!
- Food was great but slownessOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/7/2011Food was great but slowness of service made this difficult to be a lunchtime selection during business hours.
- It seemed the restaurant triedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010It seemed the restaurant tried to squeeze in too many extra tables for our New Years Eve. Everyone had to take turns just to get in and out of the terrace; including the wait staff. I witnessed more than one beverage being spilled on a customer as wait staff had to carry their trays over everyone's heads just to get through.Special Features:
- Downtown Raleigh was muchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010Downtown Raleigh was much busier for New Year's Eve 2010 than it was in 2009. Perhaps this is a hopeful sign for the economy. In any event, Napper Tandy's was no exception. They entertained a large and loud gathering. Napper Tandy's was efficient in handling the reservation. My party was actually seated early. Not waiting for a table starts the dining experience on the right foot. Despite having a simplified menu for the holiday, all four people in my group found different menu choices to suit their needs. And everyone was happy with their choice, whether they went safe with corned beef and cabbage or tried something less traditional, like sirloin tips with shiitake mushrooms. It was a well constructed menu for the occasion.Special Features:
- Great deal, service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010Great deal, service and food for NYE dinner. We really enjoyed ourselves!
- We really have enjoyed thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/20/2010We really have enjoyed this place in the past but they had very poor service this evening for my wife's birthday dinner. They told us that they had a new billing system that was giving them trouble. That is OK, but it took 30 minutes to pay our bill. Outside of the billing issue, the bar service to our table was poor. Several of our guests had to go to bar to get drinks. We did have 15 people at our table and I did expect some issues regarding that but we did make a reservation to let them know we were coming. I think everything would have been fine if they would have assigned two servers to the table instead of just one.The food was wonderful and hot for all 15 people and the band later was great.
- Experience was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2010Experience was outstanding. The service was the most memorable in a long time. Everyone who worked there went over and beyond good service, from wait staff to hostess to bouncer. Absolutely wonderful. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- A bit noisy,however bite forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2010A bit noisy,however bite for bite one will not get a better experience.Special Features: