30 South Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.napolesepizzeria.com/
- Phone: (317) 635-0765
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Tyler Herald
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Napolese Pizzeria
Napolese Pizzeria is artfully crafted pizza, wine, craft beer and handmade cocktails - served with elegance. We use the finest ingredients available, carefully sourcing cheeses, meats and local produce farmed specifically for Napolese. The seasonal menu plus incredible service make for a world class Neapolitan pizza experience. Locations: This location of Napolese Pizzeria is located at 30 South Meridian in the heart of Downtown Indianapolis. The original location of Napolese Pizzeria is located in the heart of historic Meridian Kessler in Indianapolis, with a full-menu wine bar adjacent to this location. A third location is planned for the Fashion Cafe in the Fashion Mall at Keystone at the Crossing. Visit napolesepizzeria.com for more information. Napolese Pizzeria is part of Patachou Inc., a collection of restaurants including Caféa Patachou, Petite Chou Bistros and Public Greens. Patachou Inc. has been wholly owned and operated by Martha Hoover since 1989. patachouinc.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Napolese Pizzeria - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Napolese Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)good for groups (20)great for lunch (19)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (13)notable wine list (12)great for outdoor dining (10)special occasion (9)romantic (8)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Amazing dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I went here for a birthday dinner with an out of town girlfriend before meeting other friends out and about. She's a foodie so I knew she'd love it. We got two pizza's, a cheese plate and a ceaser salad to share. Everything was amazing. It all tasted so good with our peach elixer and red wine. The only thing that bothered us was the wait. Our waitress wasn't attentive, never brought the cracked pepper she offered us, didn't refill our waters often enough - we had to wave her down to give our orders.. We got there at 8:45 and got our food at 9:50. I realize it was a crowded late night but two pizzas shouldn't take that long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale pizzasmallgirlDined on 11/14/2014The pizza is great. I appreciate the use of local food. Restaurant has a Euro feel with all American service. The house double chopped salad is why I keep going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/11/2014This was my second visit to Napolese... I vowed after my first visit which included a burnt pizza and slow service, that I would never go back. Thankfully I did. The pizza was incredible and the service was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GreatfoodVIPDined on 11/8/2014The food is delicious. We have eaten here many times and always enjoy it. The service is outstanding and they go out of their way to make sure the customers are happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBpdrumrDined on 11/3/2014Anyone who knows the quality of the patachou cafe's won't be surprised that Napolese is top notch, high quality food. If you're looking for "upscale pizza".. This is the place. Try a pizza with a quail egg. Delicious!Special Features:
- Terrible serviceDisgustedVIPDined on 10/31/2014We've been here regularly but the service the past few times has become too much of a pattern. We won't be back for a while. It shouldn't take so long to get a drink or the check. The salads we get all the time were poor quality this time and they scrimped on the ingredients. The music was just so loud and didn't add to ambiance.
- Gluten FreeglutenDined on 10/31/2014Do not get the gluten free crust. I assumed they made their own crust, but it is a purchased crust and not very good. Blaze pizza makes their own and it's delicious for less $, but obviously not as good ambiance. Very disappointed, but gluten free is hit or miss.Special Features:
- wonderful food and serviceDanNanDined on 10/27/2014We had dinner here for an anniversary and I really wasn't sure if it would be appropriate as most pizza places are not quite the right fit for a special date. I was very pleasantly surprised and very glad I took the leap and brought her to Napolese. We had excellent service and the waitress really knew the menu. Very prompt and attentive. We will definitely be coming back. The food was incredible and had some menu items that you've probably never had on a pizza! You do not have to be an adventurous eater though, many traditional items are also available, the difference is that they are obviously made with very high quality ingredients. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Indy gemFoodfinderVIPDined on 10/20/2014Locally sourced, fresh, inventive food in the sea of downtown Indianapolis steakhouses and sports bars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- extensive menuGoldieDined on 10/19/2014after settling on cocktails we started with the cheese plate which was paired with delightful garlic flatbread. We moved onto a very generous arugula based salad that contained brisket and squash; yes something I would have never thought to pair together but it worked very nicely together. Finally, a simple buffalo pizza with italian sausage that had a wonderful thin crust courtesy of the wood fired oven. Save room for their house made gelato. Reasonable prices, competent service and convenient downtown location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing serviceKmoran350Dined on 9/26/2014My friend and I sat at the Bar. Were imediatly welcomed and offered a drink list. We were celebrating her engagment and they made sure we were offered champagne and she was congratulated. The food was amazing. We had the tomato and basil salad to start and the sparkle pizza as our entre. We shared both items and it was the perfect size. The bartenders and other servers came over and spoke with us. Very fun atmosphere. The servers were knowledgeable with the entire menu. Very well worth it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group OutingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/24/2014Outstanding pizza with great wine recommendation. Try the chopped salad for starters and then order any pizza. You can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IndyDayDined on 9/20/2014My experience was excellent. I had three friends from out of town, and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Our waiter took the time to explain the restaurant (since it was our first time), and he made great recommendations which we tried and enjoyed. Wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodDisgustedVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have been here often and it never disappoints. It's casual yet classy for specialty pizza. Fresh ingredients, many from local farms, rotate seasonally. Great salads and pizzas with combinations of interesting flavors. Excellent pizza crust.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KariDined on 8/28/2014Love Napolese. Went for Devour downtown. Usually love the salads, but the cabbage, peach, walnut offered for the devour menu was not one of their best.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014We sat outside and our server's name was Hank. He was awesome! Food was great as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HowardVIPDined on 8/23/2014Once I caught onto the tapas style portions, I made the best of the opportunities as the servers came by.Special Features:
- Pizza not goodKimberDined on 8/23/2014We got both regular and gluten free pizza. My husband and daughter had a regular crust and I had a gluten free crust. Not a lot of flavor and far from the best GF pizza I have had. Very disappointed. Very pricey as well for pizza. Not a place we will come back to when visiting Indianapolis.
- Excellent food appropriately pricedDelicious4000Dined on 8/21/2014If you want good food and unique cocktails you have to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dacopperDined on 8/19/2014The food was great, waitress very good at her job. However, Open Table says there is valet parking, which there isn't and this was one of the reasons we picked this restaurant. Then the "hostess' in an almost empty restaurant except for one lone gentleman at a table for two tries to seat us right beside him at another table for two, which was right beside the busboy's dirty dishes cart. Come on!! Anyway after explaining to her the rest of the dining room was empty and we preferred not to sit at that table. She did seat us a couple of tables away. The gentleman at the table said he was wondering what she was doing himself. The rest of the night was really good.Special Features:
- Great pizzaTasterVIPDined on 8/17/2014Had a great night and ate outside. Nice wine selection and a good charcuterie plate. Great experience overall.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PizzaSaute4uVIPDined on 8/5/2014I have always found any pizza I have had does NOT dissappoint. The Salmon is my new fav for the summer. I can't wait for the Pork Belly one to come back.Special Features:
- The following 163 reviews are from the Napolese Pizzeria reviews archive.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Waitress was not personal and we received little service. Did not receive the specials extra upon being seated and her non-friendly attitude definitely lowered out experience. The pizza was great and that helped shape our positive viewpoint for the restaurant. Aside from poor-service, it is a great date stop and a nice change from the casual pizza spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMellDined on 7/24/2014My husband and i are relocating to Indiana and flew out for the weekend. Napolese Pizzeria was a get find while we were visiting. Food and service we're great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napolese was a Hitmanny2returnDined on 7/24/2014We dined there because we were being entertained by a guest staying at the Hampton Inn which was very convenient as the Inn is across the street. Like the other Napolese venues, Napolese Downtown was a friendly place though a bit loud for the purpose of talking to our guest. We managed to overcome that. Our waitress quickly took our drink orders and very politely and patiently put up with our slowness of poring over the many choices on the menu. Food came in a timely fashion with the delicious beet salad and the vegetarian chopped salads being shared by the three of us. Two pizzas followed in short order, both delicious and piping hot. We enjoyed both the food and the ambience and will definitely go back for an encore.Special Features:
- Just okayIndyadrienneVIPDined on 7/10/2014Everyone seems to rave about this place but this is my second time there and I think it's "just okay". There always seems to be a crowd there but I think it's more about the atmosphere than the food.Special Features:
- Dinner for Two a bit of a challenge2labsDined on 6/28/2014We were in Indy and had limited time to have a late anniversary dinner. Food was good, but I'm not giving the restaurant 5 stars. The 1st table we were led to was in the midst of other tables already occupied. They were so close together it would've been dinner for 6 instead of dinner for 2. I asked for a different table and the hostess said the other tables were reserved for large parties, when I could see a 2 top in a more secluded spot. After pointing that out she agreed to move us. I'd also taken advantage of OpenTable's offer and ordered flowers. I followed all recommendations to let the restaurant know we'd ordered them so they could be on our table. They weren't. They were locked up in the manager's office and I had to ask for them.Special Features:
- Great PizzaIndyGirl1Dined on 6/28/2014Great pizza and dining experience! The ingredients were fresh, and local. The service was quick, and friendly. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the pizza options are very uniquequaintVIPDined on 6/27/2014Tasty and completely awesome. I would recommend this place to all of my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!CravelyDined on 6/21/2014We've been here a few times and each time it's amazing. Great salads, and pies (pizza)Special Features:
- sogleDined on 6/21/2014Amazing Experience! We wanted a lighter restaurant with local flair with a small family celebration before we headed to a show downtown. The service was spot on and the food was delicious as always. Comfortable yet enticing atmosphere. Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza, great serviceNigelTufnelDined on 6/14/2014First time to Napolese, hoping for a good and quick bite prior to a concert downtown. There were so many interesting choices for appetizers and pizzas that it was difficult to decide. We went with artichokes and goat cheese for the appetizer, and Fuzzy's Pie and Smoked Salmon pizzas. All were excellent and served very quickly. Fresh ingredients and really good crust. I was skeptical about the salmon prior to trying it, but was blown away with it- it was the all-star selection of that meal. We had a great dinner and made it to the show on time. Could not ask for more! Looking forward to going back to try something different soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food experienceclc56Dined on 6/7/2014We could not state how all of Napolese lives up to its great reputation. The food, wait staff and dining experience were perfect. Absolutely no complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2014Good, fresh, interesting food. slow overwhelmed server. Seemed to be the only person serving the whole restaurant. We got thirstySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location and foodIndydowntowndinersDined on 5/30/2014We always enjoy the unique salads and pizzas at Napolese:)Special Features:
- froggerDined on 5/25/2014service was SLOW! VERY slow. Hopefully an off night. wrong app came. salads came before app. waited over 45 min for the salads. food was excellent though.Special Features:
- Yummy Pizza!ctgoldenbearVIPDined on 5/23/2014My wife and I absolutely loved the pizza at Napolese. I had the sausage and mushroom and she had the garlic, olive and prosciuto white pizza; both excellent. The service was very good, and we really liked the feel of the restaurant. The prices are also reasonable for what you get. A definite winner in downtown Indianapolis.Special Features:
- Downtown race weekPyrroDined on 5/21/2014Found this business from several internet list. The pizza in the white was nice. I had the salman and it was perfect. I visit the city each spring and will now add this restaurant to my food rotation. The Indy downtown is very safe and parking was no problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza PieEASJSEDined on 5/20/2014For Indianapolis, Napolese is a good choice for pizza. Service is incredible and fast, standard for the Cafe Patachou family of restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014We were not happy with the service provided. Granted, it was busy, but when I notified our waitress that the salad I ordered did not have one of the two main ingredients, she responded as if I had made a mistake in what I ordered. She later informed me the restaurant was out of mushrooms. My mother finally was brought salt after asking for it three times. We each had a beer and were finished with them before finishing our meal. Our server did not ever ask if we wanted another drink.