30 South Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.napolesepizzeria.com/
- Phone: 3176350765
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Tyler Herald
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Napolese Pizzeria
Napolese Pizzeria is artfully crafted pizza, wine, craft beer and handmade cocktails - served with elegance. We use the finest ingredients available, carefully sourcing cheeses, meats and local produce farmed specifically for Napolese. The seasonal menu plus incredible service make for a world class Neapolitan pizza experience. Locations: This location of Napolese Pizzeria is located at 30 South Meridian in the heart of Downtown Indianapolis. The original location of Napolese Pizzeria is located in the heart of historic Meridian Kessler in Indianapolis, with a full-menu wine bar adjacent to this location. A third location is planned for the Fashion Cafe in the Fashion Mall at Keystone at the Crossing. Visit napolesepizzeria.com for more information. Napolese Pizzeria is part of Patachou Inc., a collection of restaurants including Caféa Patachou, Petite Chou Bistros and Public Greens. Patachou Inc. has been wholly owned and operated by Martha Hoover since 1989. patachouinc.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Napolese Pizzeria - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Napolese Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)great for lunch (28)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (12)special occasion (11)romantic (9)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- KariDined on 8/28/2014Love Napolese. Went for Devour downtown. Usually love the salads, but the cabbage, peach, walnut offered for the devour menu was not one of their best.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014We sat outside and our server's name was Hank. He was awesome! Food was great as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HowardVIPDined on 8/23/2014Once I caught onto the tapas style portions, I made the best of the opportunities as the servers came by.Special Features:
- Pizza not goodKimberDined on 8/23/2014We got both regular and gluten free pizza. My husband and daughter had a regular crust and I had a gluten free crust. Not a lot of flavor and far from the best GF pizza I have had. Very disappointed. Very pricey as well for pizza. Not a place we will come back to when visiting Indianapolis.
- Excellent food appropriately pricedDelicious4000Dined on 8/21/2014If you want good food and unique cocktails you have to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dacopperDined on 8/19/2014The food was great, waitress very good at her job. However, Open Table says there is valet parking, which there isn't and this was one of the reasons we picked this restaurant. Then the "hostess' in an almost empty restaurant except for one lone gentleman at a table for two tries to seat us right beside him at another table for two, which was right beside the busboy's dirty dishes cart. Come on!! Anyway after explaining to her the rest of the dining room was empty and we preferred not to sit at that table. She did seat us a couple of tables away. The gentleman at the table said he was wondering what she was doing himself. The rest of the night was really good.Special Features:
- Great pizzaTasterVIPDined on 8/17/2014Had a great night and ate outside. Nice wine selection and a good charcuterie plate. Great experience overall.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PizzaSaute4uVIPDined on 8/5/2014I have always found any pizza I have had does NOT dissappoint. The Salmon is my new fav for the summer. I can't wait for the Pork Belly one to come back.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Waitress was not personal and we received little service. Did not receive the specials extra upon being seated and her non-friendly attitude definitely lowered out experience. The pizza was great and that helped shape our positive viewpoint for the restaurant. Aside from poor-service, it is a great date stop and a nice change from the casual pizza spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMellDined on 7/24/2014My husband and i are relocating to Indiana and flew out for the weekend. Napolese Pizzeria was a get find while we were visiting. Food and service we're great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napolese was a Hitmanny2returnDined on 7/24/2014We dined there because we were being entertained by a guest staying at the Hampton Inn which was very convenient as the Inn is across the street. Like the other Napolese venues, Napolese Downtown was a friendly place though a bit loud for the purpose of talking to our guest. We managed to overcome that. Our waitress quickly took our drink orders and very politely and patiently put up with our slowness of poring over the many choices on the menu. Food came in a timely fashion with the delicious beet salad and the vegetarian chopped salads being shared by the three of us. Two pizzas followed in short order, both delicious and piping hot. We enjoyed both the food and the ambience and will definitely go back for an encore.Special Features:
- Just okayIndyadrienneDined on 7/10/2014Everyone seems to rave about this place but this is my second time there and I think it's "just okay". There always seems to be a crowd there but I think it's more about the atmosphere than the food.Special Features:
- Dinner for Two a bit of a challenge2labsDined on 6/28/2014We were in Indy and had limited time to have a late anniversary dinner. Food was good, but I'm not giving the restaurant 5 stars. The 1st table we were led to was in the midst of other tables already occupied. They were so close together it would've been dinner for 6 instead of dinner for 2. I asked for a different table and the hostess said the other tables were reserved for large parties, when I could see a 2 top in a more secluded spot. After pointing that out she agreed to move us. I'd also taken advantage of OpenTable's offer and ordered flowers. I followed all recommendations to let the restaurant know we'd ordered them so they could be on our table. They weren't. They were locked up in the manager's office and I had to ask for them.Special Features:
- Great PizzaIndyGirl1Dined on 6/28/2014Great pizza and dining experience! The ingredients were fresh, and local. The service was quick, and friendly. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the pizza options are very uniquequaintVIPDined on 6/27/2014Tasty and completely awesome. I would recommend this place to all of my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!CravelyDined on 6/21/2014We've been here a few times and each time it's amazing. Great salads, and pies (pizza)Special Features:
- sogleDined on 6/21/2014Amazing Experience! We wanted a lighter restaurant with local flair with a small family celebration before we headed to a show downtown. The service was spot on and the food was delicious as always. Comfortable yet enticing atmosphere. Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza, great serviceNigelTufnelDined on 6/14/2014First time to Napolese, hoping for a good and quick bite prior to a concert downtown. There were so many interesting choices for appetizers and pizzas that it was difficult to decide. We went with artichokes and goat cheese for the appetizer, and Fuzzy's Pie and Smoked Salmon pizzas. All were excellent and served very quickly. Fresh ingredients and really good crust. I was skeptical about the salmon prior to trying it, but was blown away with it- it was the all-star selection of that meal. We had a great dinner and made it to the show on time. Could not ask for more! Looking forward to going back to try something different soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food experienceclc56Dined on 6/7/2014We could not state how all of Napolese lives up to its great reputation. The food, wait staff and dining experience were perfect. Absolutely no complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2014Good, fresh, interesting food. slow overwhelmed server. Seemed to be the only person serving the whole restaurant. We got thirstySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location and foodIndydowntowndinersDined on 5/30/2014We always enjoy the unique salads and pizzas at Napolese:)Special Features:
- froggerDined on 5/25/2014service was SLOW! VERY slow. Hopefully an off night. wrong app came. salads came before app. waited over 45 min for the salads. food was excellent though.Special Features:
- Yummy Pizza!ctgoldenbearVIPDined on 5/23/2014My wife and I absolutely loved the pizza at Napolese. I had the sausage and mushroom and she had the garlic, olive and prosciuto white pizza; both excellent. The service was very good, and we really liked the feel of the restaurant. The prices are also reasonable for what you get. A definite winner in downtown Indianapolis.Special Features:
- Downtown race weekPyrroDined on 5/21/2014Found this business from several internet list. The pizza in the white was nice. I had the salman and it was perfect. I visit the city each spring and will now add this restaurant to my food rotation. The Indy downtown is very safe and parking was no problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza PieEASJSEDined on 5/20/2014For Indianapolis, Napolese is a good choice for pizza. Service is incredible and fast, standard for the Cafe Patachou family of restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014We were not happy with the service provided. Granted, it was busy, but when I notified our waitress that the salad I ordered did not have one of the two main ingredients, she responded as if I had made a mistake in what I ordered. She later informed me the restaurant was out of mushrooms. My mother finally was brought salt after asking for it three times. We each had a beer and were finished with them before finishing our meal. Our server did not ever ask if we wanted another drink.
- Open table reccomindation was on!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/19/2014Was very pleased with this place. I bypassed Hotel suggestion to go to Chain across the street and glad I did. Neat place. Good lively atmosphere. Real plesant bartender. She was spot on with her suggestions, conversation and service. Had the Ricotta meatball appetizer. Flavor was just perfect but not heated all the way through. Flat bread that was offered with meatballs was outstanding. Could have made a meal out of that alone .Then had the popcorn salad with beets. OMG enough for 2. Well seasoned and balanced If I could say anything negative about it was the popcorn became soggy toward the end of the meal. Almost a bit unappetizing but just eat it faster. LOL I would reccomend and when I am back in town look forward to trying a pizza.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2014fantastic food, outstanding service and a very fun evening!Special Features:
- Just OK for the pricesmberseDined on 5/17/2014I love pizza, and growing up in NYC its hard to find good pizza in the mid-west. I thought that this place was very overpriced for what you get. Our bill was $90.00 for two people. That was two pizzas / 2 toppings, appetizer and my wife had 2 drinks. The pizzas are about the size of a personal. The toppings are pretty good but range $2-$5 per topping. My wife loved it, and it was not bad pizza, but for that $$ I would have just went down the street to Capital Grill for a steak. If you ask for extra sauce they charge $2.00 for a side of marinara. I like spending $$ on great food but hate when I feel like I am being nickel and dimed. I felt ripped off when we left. I really don't think that I would return. Its just not worth it to me.Special Features:
- So good.GidnarbDined on 5/16/2014We got the goat cheese appetizer and it was amazing. My husband and I could have easily shared a pizza if we could have agreed on toppings! Absolutely delicious and reasonably priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodDenisesFleecesDined on 5/15/2014We were on a time schedule and we got our food promptly and it was very good. Recommend to anyone who likes pizza and great salads. The wine flights were a good deal two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ashley the bartender rocks!albeefoodieDined on 5/11/2014My husband and I were in Indianapolis for the Inaugural Grand Prix and went to Napolese for dinner. Even though we had reservations, we asked to sit at the bar. Sometimes its just more interesting to eat at the bar, the game was on, we could chat, etc. Not only was our food great, we were very impressed with our bartender, Ashley. As busy as she was, she still showed attention to detail, when she realized I didn't have a fork and knife after using them for the appetizer, she quickly went to get clean ones for me, but she didn't just give them to me, she walked over to the other end of the bar and polished them first! Hang on to Ashley and take good care of her, she is a great asset and represents your establishment very well.Special Features:
- ChrisDined on 5/9/2014Its not that the food wasn't good, its just that it wasn't exceptionally good, which is what I had expected from all the recommendations. Wine recommendation was perfect...had artichoke/tomato soup that was just so-so and the pizzas weren't anything to go crazy over. Waitress was very friendly and attentive
- Unique Pizza, Good Wine and FriendsMomsbreaktimeDined on 5/9/2014We celebrated a good friends birthday on Friday, the wine selection was good, the salads were amazing and the pizza selections are unique. We sat, ate and drank for 4 hours and the atmosphere was lovelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- teragramVIPDined on 5/9/2014We went early with friends before IRT, and we were seated along the side, which is great for hearing conversation as the restaurant became more crowded. The strawberry rhubarb crisp with vanilla bean gelato was a great dessert. Our pizza topping was a bit charred, but overall the pizza and creamed pea appetizer were good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 136 reviews are from the Napolese Pizzeria reviews archive.
- A little piece of Italy in INDYGlobalccmVIPDined on 5/4/2014I was blown away how delicious the pizza was at Napolese. I have been to Italy and this is comparable. I never would have thought I could find this in downtown Indy. I live in Cincinnati but come here often and this will def be on my list every time I come in town. The arugula salad with mushrooms and parmesan was simple and fresh, the perfect light salad to have before pizza. I got the buffalo mozzarella pizza with white sauce and I was in HEAVEN. It was delicious. My friend and I shared the pizza and the salad and it was plenty for both of us. Staff was friendly and allowed us to taste a few wines to decide which one suited that evening.Special Features:
- Very good food! Very unique…..HardtoPleaseVIPDined on 4/22/2014Very nice experience. Not your traditional pizza which we very much liked!
- brookebrinerDined on 4/21/2014service was not super friendly, and the food we had was not very good.Special Features:
- Napolese PizzeriaIndyDiner2Dined on 4/17/2014Went to dinner with two friends. Had previously been to the Keystone at the Crossing for lunch but this was the first time downtown. I had a salad (asparagus, almonds, etc.) which was delicious. Both of my friends ordered a pizza and for one of them it was too charred. The manager had another pizza prepared for my friend to take home. I had a pizza at the Keystone location and it was not too charred so this was probably just a random happening. Busy restaurant but our server (Joshua) was very attentive. Menu has many choices of salads and different varieties of pizzas. Will certainly eat here again. The ingredients are certainly fresh and I like the use of a lot of local vendors.Special Features:
- Service - Not so goodLMSarbachVIPDined on 4/11/2014From the minute we arrived, the service was a challenge. We had reserv for 6PM. Arrived promptly - we were second in line behind a woman having an in-depth conversation with the mgr. at the check in desk. It was soon 6:10 - I finally interrupted the convo. to please be seated. We had a show at 7:30PM. It went downhill from there. Bus boy got us olives as waitress had not been to our table. At 6:30PM we received a drink and asked for small plates. 6:40PM she came back to the table and said our order "disappeared" from the computer. 6:55PM onto our second drink, we finally got our salad. Entrée showed up at 7PM. Food good but had to rush to eat. Napolese needs consistency. Same item tastes different at each locale.Special Features: