14700 Tamiami Trail North
Naples, FL 34110Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.naplestomato.com/
- Phone: 2395989800
- Hours of Operation:
11:30AM - 10:00PM 6 Days A Week Sunday Brunch - 10:00AM - 3:00PM Lunch - 11:30AM - 2:30PM Monday - Saturday Mid Day menu - 2:30 - 4:30PM Monday - Saturday Early Dining - 4:30 - 6:30PM Happy Hour - 4:30 - 7:00PM (1/2 price drinks, wine by the glass and draft beer) 1/2 Price bar appetizers 4:30-6:30PM Dinner - 4:30 - 10:00PM Monday - Saturday Dinner - 3:00 - 8:00PM Sunday Gourmet Market Hours - 11:30AM - 10:00PM Monday - Saturday Gourmet Market Hours - 10:00AM - 8:00PM Sunday Private Pasta Kitchen Dinners - Monday - Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can cater parties between 2 and 1,000 people. Wide variety of options ranging from elegant to family pasta dinners. All pasta and sauces are made from scratch at the restaurant. Pasta is made in our pasta kitchen with imported Italian pasta machine (lamination technique). Sauces use finest ingredients such as San Marzano tomatoes.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room - seats 10 - view into kitchen and private wine cellar. Pasta Kitchen - seats 10 - fun and interactive atmosphere. Sun Room - seats 30 - large skylight and live tropical folliage. Terrace Room - seats 60 - fireplace, fountain, open to patio.
- Private Party Contact: Jim Sargood or Abi Mitchell 2395989800
- Entertainment: Monthly events listed @ www.naplestomato.com under events calendar. Wine tastings, wine and winemaker dinners, cooking classes and food tastings.
- Special Events: How to make Mozzarella Cheese Classes held monthly. Please call 239-598-9800 or visit www.naplestomato.com for the class schedule.
A word from Naples Tomato
Naples Tomato is a Naples, Florida restaurant and market bringing you a new dining experience with inventive American Neapolitan cuisine. Naples Tomato was selected as one of two restaurants The New York Times chose for dinner in their article ’36 Hours in Naples’. The restaurant was also awarded 4 stars by local food critic Jean Le Boeuf for food, atmosphere and service. Naples Tomato proves that excellence does not have to be fancy. The smart casual atmosphere ensures a great, but comfortable dining experience. There is an open pasta kitchen where pasta is made, an open kitchen, a small grocery with prepared foods to-go and hard to find culinary delights and a reserve wine cellar. Our event calendar and menus are posted on our web site. Wine lovers love Naples Tomato. Over 500 selections are available. Come see why Naples Tomato is one of the most popular restaurants in town and also where the locals go!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Naples Tomato reviews from OpenTable diners
- Very dependable and nicelyWinesellerVIPDined on 4/27/2012Very dependable and nicely priced. Love the butternut squash raviolini, although it could have used a bit more sage, and next time I will ask for it. Wines by the glass are okay.Special Features:
- This was our second visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012This was our second visit. The first visit was fabulous. We told friends about our find and drove from Punta Gorda to let them experience Naples Tomato. Unfortunately, on our second visit the food was great again but service was slow and attention to details and accuracy was lacking.Special Features:
- Our reservations were 8:30pmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2012Our reservations were 8:30pm we did not get seated till 9pm, we sat at bar to have a cocktail, we were walked by at least 10 times before being acknowledge and told they would be right with us. We finally flagged down someone to get a drink(rum & coke,draft beer) the beer sat till some else brought it to us and then my drink. While we ate the sweeper was being ran and the condiments were being filled. Not the best exprenice we've had. I'm going to just blow this off as the first night after all the snowbirds are gone & everyone was over the season thing. I hope! Everyone working seemed so exhausted. The food was outstanding as always, the service just wasn't ! we'll try it again.
- The atmosphere is relaxing.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2012The atmosphere is relaxing. The tomato sauce is excellent and I think the mozzerella is exceptionalSpecial Features:
- The food is consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2012The food is consistently good and nicely presented and we have always been pleased with the wines.Special Features:
- we loved the TOMATO - so whatOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/25/2012we loved the TOMATO - so what happened between last week and this week?Special Features:
- Food is always excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2012Food is always excellent, however last two times we were there service was not very good, excuse was that one of the servers did not show up that day. Ordered an appitizer, and it did not come until after main course was served. we had a table for six (6) and food come at different times. some had main course before others got salad.
- Outstanding lasagna. ProbablyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2012Outstanding lasagna. Probably the best I have ever eaten. The server, Alison, was way beyond superb--impeccable service, friendliness and genuine sincerity along with the manager Shawn asking me about my dining experience on the way out.Special Features:
- Great food, wished for better tableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2012I enjoy the lower light main dining area and was a little disappointed when they sat my daughter and I all the way in the back room by ourselves. It was way too bright, the temp was below 70 degrees and it seemed the further back we went, the less decor and ambiance there was to be had. Food was superb as always, but I was a little disappointed with the table selection.Special Features:
- Downhill slopeChuckDined on 4/24/2012This restaurant used to be wonderful. It has lost all that made it great. Mediocre food, bad service and high prices, it won't last.
- Usually a favorite of ours,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/22/2012Usually a favorite of ours, naples tomato was off their game this week. We waited 20 minutes just to get the requested water service. Then couldn't avail ourselves of the promotional 50% off bottles of wine as they were out of the wine the waiter recommended. New IPad wine menu was intriguing but must not be kept up to date with inventory. My friend's tomato soup was more like tomato paste- so thick as to me unappealing. When he told the waited it wasn't enjoyable, no substitute was offered. My veal scallopini came smothered in brown sauce that I'd asked not to have. It was replaced but he was almost threw his meal. We would have preferred to dine together! Generally, as said above, this a very good dining experience. Not this time.
- Staffing shortages caused problems.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/22/2012We've been to Naples Tomato several times, and really liked it. Although the food remains wonderful, they obviously had some severe staffing problems that really negatively affected our dining experience. The timing of dishes was off, clearing the table became a problem and nearly everything was "off". We're hoping this is a temporary problem. Not really blaming the waiter who was apologetic about the situation and seemed to be working hard, but he had far too many tables to take care of. We'll give it another shot when we return to the area, but at this point I would not really recommend it.Special Features:
- Was there for brunch whichChicksaDined on 4/22/2012Was there for brunch which was tasty. I enjoy the dinners more!!Special Features:
- VERY GOOD VALUE FOR BRUCH.PanchoDined on 4/22/2012VERY GOOD VALUE FOR BRUCH. GREAT FOOD AND VERY GOOD SERVICESpecial Features:
- Wow to Tomato in Naples!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012Best overall restaurant experience we've had in years.Special Features:
- We were disappointed thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2012We were disappointed that the culinary items were not offered with an additional charge for vine patrons. We have frequented Naples Tomatoe at least once a month and it was offered. we assumed that it would be offered again, and were diasappointed. We woill wait and see what happens in the Fall.
- AC to cold to keep food hot!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/18/2012The excellent food was spoiled by a very chilly restaurant. Don't sit at Table 21, the AC blows over that table constantly making your food cold before you can finish it.Special Features:
- Service by Devin was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/16/2012Service by Devin was excellent - an improvement over recent visits. The bread and tapenade were outstanding - back to levels of the past.
- Just good basic Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/15/2012Just good basic Italian food with a wine I liked. Specials were great and prices were good. Service declined over last year.Special Features:
- The service was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2012The service was outstanding. All four of us had the same dish ravioli with the meat sauce and a Cesar salad. We all agreed that the dish was great. We would definitely come back for more pasta.Special Features:
- Was very disapointed thatxyzzVIPDined on 4/14/2012Was very disapointed that they use a 4 oz. pour for their wine by the glass. Lousy way to gouge a customerSpecial Features:
- It was a very nice dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/13/2012It was a very nice dinning spot but has since closed - too bad.Special Features:
- Pathetic service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/11/2012Had a 1-person reservation and arrived near 9 p.m. for my reservation. After a 20-minute wait--with seating in abundance for one person--I was shown to a table and after being served bread I requested butter. 15 minutes later that arrived. A 20 minute wait and no waiter so I asked a bus boy for water to help with the bread I was given. Another 20 minutes passed and my server finally came over and took my order. Another 15 minute wait and my server was not seen until I requested him to come over so I could order dessert to go and get my check. Once the lasagna arrived, I waited 10 minutes before getting a buser to come over with cheese for the lasagna. It was probably the poorest service by any restaurant I have ever been to.
- Still love this place.. .IOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/11/2012Still love this place.. .I guess you could say we have become "regulars" I tried something new for dessert. Krispy Kreme bread pudding....AWESOME!Special Features:
- Great food, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2012Great food, great service, but a little loud (noise).Special Features:
- Friednly italian restaurantnewyorkerVIPDined on 4/11/2012Friednly italian restaurant with terrific deals/value
- Nickel LasagnaProfessorVitoVIPDined on 4/11/2012Once again Nickel Lasagna was a great night out. The service was excellant and the wine keep flowing. Loved the meatball app VitoSpecial Features:
- Best lasagna I have had! EvenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2012Best lasagna I have had! Even better than lasagna that I just had in Florence, Italy.Special Features:
- Excellent food. Enjoyed thetj3685VIPDined on 4/11/2012Excellent food. Enjoyed the nickle lasagna specialSpecial Features:
- 5 cent lasaga just as deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/20125 cent lasaga just as delicious as last time. We also enjoy your regular menue. My favorite is the veal ravoli. Food is consistly fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- We had the lasagna and itNaplesLocalVIPDined on 4/11/2012We had the lasagna and it was excellent...best I've had in a long time. My caesar salad was also delicious. The service was excellent and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Naples Tomatoes is a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/10/2012Naples Tomatoes is a favorite of ours. It is consistently good in all aspects.
- It was recommended by a fewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/10/2012It was recommended by a few people so I went on the website and joined the email list and was happy to get a 2 for 1 coupon in response. Husband, friend and I went for dinner. It took 10-15 minutes to get our glasses of wine. We liked the option of the early dining. When the male server brought one soup and 2 tuna apps, he reached over in front of me to place my husband's soup. Food was ok, nothing bad but was not remarkable either. Tomato bisque resembled and tasted like chunky lasagna sauce, not creamy as the waitress suggested. Later, as the waitress passed by she touched my shoulder to get my attention and I turned around to face her and she asked if I would like another glass of wine. So, service was 'strange' in our opinion.Special Features:
- Food good, service bad. WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/10/2012Food good, service bad. Waitress didn't know the menu, wasn't sure we were her table, didn't refill my tea, and the food arrived as I was still eating my salad.
- Naples Tomato Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012We dined at Naples Tomato on Easter Sunday. We enjoyed our dining experience. Our waiter was effecient and pleasant. Two complaints: Our entrees were served less than warm and the pasta was extremely over-cooked. We would definitely ask that our pasta be cooked al dente on our next visit just to be on the safe side. Aside from these two complaints everything else (bread and salads were very good!) was enjoyable.Special Features:
- Another notable dining experiencesteelersfootballDined on 4/8/2012Another notable dining experience at my favorite restaurant. I had dinner there on Thursday and Easter Sunday. On Wednesday, tomorrow, my friends and I will feast on the lasagna for 5 cents. The House salad, in my opinion, is the best in town and goes well with a glass of wine. We will again have Josh as our server. He is one top-notch wait person. When he get to know your food habits, he's ahead of you. We also enjoyed a taste of the BOMB---try it --you'll love too.Special Features:
- Great dining, an outstanding value.SeasonalNaplesDined on 4/8/2012This was our second time dining at Naples Tomato and the first for the Sunday Brunch. Both times the food and service has been excellent and the value outstanding. We have and will continue to recommend Naples Tomato to friends and neighbors.Special Features:
- The bolonaise sauce is theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012The bolonaise sauce is the best I've ever had. Don't change it.Special Features:
- Excellent brunch but suitableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012Excellent brunch but suitable for all occasions. Hostesses and wait staff very accommodating. Omelet chef and carving chef were outstanding.Special Features:
- Service and food were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/8/2012Service and food were excellent. We always enjoy the brunch and the variety of food served.Special Features: