Naples Rib Company
5800 E 2nd Street
Long Beach, CA 90803Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Naples Rib Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ribcompany.com/
- Phone: 5624397427
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Job Aguilar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Description: Naples Rib Co. caters over 200 events each year. They offer a BBQ Menu complete with Baby Back Ribs, BBQ Chicken to a Hawaiian Menu or Prime Rib & Turkey Feast. Per person prices range from $8-$20 depending on menu selection & number of guests. See all we have to offer at: http://ribcompany.com/catering
- Private Party Facilities: A banquet room that seats up to 50 guests & is perfect for celebrating life"s special occasions. Room has flat screen TV with all audio/video plugs-ins as well as a separate sound system. Ideal for hosting Rehearsal Dinners, Anniversaries & Birthdays. A separate Banquet menu is available.
- Private Party Contact: Dave 5624397427
A word from Naples Rib Company
Widely recognized as the premier barbecue spot in Long Beach, Naples Rib Co. offers their signature Baby Back Ribs, St. Louis Ribs, & Beef Ribs. They also serve Slow Roasted Tri-Tip, Prime Rib, Steaks, Shrimp, Fish, & innovative Salads. The main dining room is made up mostly of cozy booths. When dining with a larger group, their banquet room can accommodate parties from 6 to 50 & is perfect for celebrating special occasions. The bar/lounge includes 3 flat screen TVs tuned to local sports, & many guests dine in the bar area. There is a full bar, wine & cocktail list, & eight beers on draft. The restaurant is located just 1/4 mile from the intersection of Pacific Coast Highway & 2nd St, & there is complementary valet parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Naples Rib Company - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Naples Rib Company reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (18)kid-friendly (16)good for groups (15)special occasion (12)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)romantic (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Nothing outstandingdaveattoshibaDined on 10/17/2014Seems the theme is quantity over quality. Of the three of us we had seven different dishes on our combo plates and the common opinion was that no one dish stood out. Just average. Tri tip was dry. Pulled pork had much too much vinegar in the barbecue sauce. (This is not just a comment on the style of the sauce--for the style of the sauce it had too much vinegar). There are other places in Long Beach that do barbecue better.
- Great food but noisy.TheBsfromVTDined on 10/10/2014Read great reviews which were well deserved. Made reservation through Open Table but stil waited almost 1/2 hour for a table. Visiting from out of town so wish the valet station had been "labeled" better. Parked out front trying to figure out where the valet might be. Not sure if sign might have been out front earlier but this was around 8:30. Very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Naples Rib CompanyGALAXYAVDined on 8/31/2014Some of the best ribs I have ever enjoyed. The staff is great. Interestingly, all staff start as bus-people and work their way up to different positions.Special Features:
- Good BBQDiningforfunDined on 8/31/2014We came for lunch on a Sunday to celebrate a birthday. We were seated right away. The restaurant is a dimly lit. The server was very nice and efficient. Overall we had very good service. The food was very good. We especially enjoyed our appetizer with fries, wings, fried zucchini and fried mozzarella. They have good pricing on their lunch menu that includes entree and two sides.Special Features:
- Great restaurantHbayer123Dined on 8/30/2014Great location in Naples, not too far from the beach. Busy on weekends, need reservations. Great service, our server checked on us often. The baby cake ribs and chicken tasted great.Special Features:
- Awesome RibsFachoyVIPDined on 8/30/2014We had a large group of 13 and everyone's menu selections were delicious. Cocktails and beer offerings were very good and the service staff handled our large group attentively.Special Features:
- Wonderful local establishmentHappyVIPDined on 8/29/2014This is a great find in Long Beach/Naples... food was wonderful.. services was friendly attentive and well received. Seemed like a locals place where you could gather together and have a great meal and actually enjoy yourself. No chain restaurant here... this is just the good old fashion BBQ place that everyone can enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review (non-Andrew Daley style)SleepyspazDined on 8/23/2014I don't eat red meat, so I was happy to see that the Naples Rib Company serves fish. We came here because my dad wanted to come here for his birthday; but he, too, had the fish. The 3 people in our party who did have ribs enjoyed their meal and said that the meat was very good. I got the macaroni and cheese as one of my side dishes and was hoping to give some or all of it to my 3-year-old son, but it was very bland and not cheesy at all...probably one of the worst mac n' cheeses I've ever had. The look and the ambience of the restaurant is nice, but not very kid-friendly. We had to leave our sleeping baby in his infant carrier and put it on a rack at the head of the table--making it hard for the servers and customers to get through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ribs and moreCaliwalkerDined on 8/17/2014Naples is one of those go-to restaurants where you know what you'll be getting (great bbq) with consistently good service. Our large party couldn't decide on what to order, but our server returned several times to check with a friendly smile and no attitude. Aside from bbq, they also have a selection of salads, steaks, prime rib and seafood. Started with a full brick which is always fun to share. The catch of the day was mahi in a "luau" sauce (think sweet & sour). A co-diner who ordered it said the fish was good, but wished she had asked for the sauce on the side as it was a little too sweet for her taste. Cocktails are ample and generous with the alcohol. Solid, unpretentious eatery with good food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good time!RanDDined on 8/15/2014We always have a good time at Naples Rib. My wife and I love the ribs, brisket, sides, all of the above. We're BBQ nuts over this place. thanksSpecial Features:
- Great BBQJessVIPDined on 8/9/2014We've been here 3 or 4 times and the food is always good!Special Features:
- Best Ribs in Long BeachVivSVIPDined on 7/27/2014We had never tried this place until the other night. It was fabulous. I loved the food. The ribs were marvelous. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good with room to improveUbdamDined on 7/26/2014Everyone in my party had bbq. The ribs were ok. Not as tender as we'd like but tolerable. One person had bbq chicken and it was a little bit tough but still retained flavor. Where they definitely need to improve is on the sides. The mashed potatoes were ok the other ones veggies, mac and cheese, beans were all lacking flavor. The steamed vegetables did not look appetizing and appeared dehydrated. Overall, the service was descent. The restaurant looks dated. Nevertheless, I'd visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placeWyomingDined on 7/25/2014We are traveling from out of town so we didn't want any leftovers. We asked about smaller portions and the waiter told us we could split a dinner. We had ribs that were delicious. Includex was cornbread, coen, fruit and 2 sides. More than enough for 2.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014Everything they serve is enough for 2 big eaters but the food is great and the staff attentive. The wife and I got an app, combo plate and dessert, at $75 with tip I don't really think the food is worth it but they have what looked like a decent happy hour so I might come back. If you want BBQ and don't mind spending some money and you're in the lbc...it's worth trying naples BBQ.Special Features:
- Wanting Service!!FrontofHouseDined on 7/20/2014Although the food was consistent, service was below expectation. I saw other table servers more often (5) than ours (3). I had made eye contact and gestured to a passing food server, and was brushed off. After eating ribs, the wet hand towels came 5 minutes post meal AND after coming back from the restroom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- for the foodie...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014The bbq was tasty, sides could use an upgrade in flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ!!!!GrizzyDined on 6/25/2014Their food is awesome!! I got the tri tip with beef ribs. OMG!!!! It was so good the tri tip was perfectly cooked. Beef ribs were to die for. But that tri tip was the best overall!!! The sides were good as well but I didn't like the mac'n cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 204 reviews are from the Naples Rib Company reviews archive.
- Good foodThedobsterDined on 6/15/2014I was glad we came here for our Father's Day dinner. They served their regular menu. The serving size are huge and food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ocladyDined on 6/15/2014food, as always, is very good. The service was good, even though it was a busy 'Fathers Day' at the restaurant.
- Return customerlikebabybacksDined on 6/14/2014we have dined there 3 times in the last 6 weeks and had different friend with us each time. Really like your food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Beach TraditionMickvivDined on 6/7/2014Naples Ribs never disappoints...when you're really hungry and nothing but a full plate of perfectly done ribs along with good sides and servers that are attentive, well-trained and just plain old nice young people, head to Naples!Special Features:
- Rib Lovers ConveneTNT2EATVIPDined on 6/5/2014If you love ribs, this is the place. We drive 45 minutes just to have it. They have another restaurant closer to our home, but it's just not the same. My husband is from OKC and will only eat the ribs at Naples Rib Company. Last time he tried the brisket, sausage and baby back platter and enjoyed each one. My nephew loved it too. If there is any downfall at all, they could work a little more on the cornbread as it's more like a cake vs. an actual cornbread. Other highlights -gluten free cornbread, gluten free menus. Recommend making reservations as they are always busy. It is also fun to sit at the bar area for dinner. My husband says the BBQ is very good too....that says a lotSpecial Features:
- Wonderful ribs and chicken!Thehungreybear7744Dined on 5/24/2014The baby back ribs were as flavorful as we remembered but the chicken with mushrooms was amazing! It was so moist and delicious. The staff was friendly and prompt. No sooner had we been shown our table, when a friendly wait staff took our order. We look forward to returning again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day dinner great experience not crowed. Made reservation but didn't really need it will be going back soon ................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ribs EverOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/10/2014We love the baby back ribs at Naples Rib. It is at the top of the request list whenvever our children and granchildren come to town. All our friends agree that these are the best ribs they have ever had.Special Features:
- Solid QOMsweetOMVIPDined on 4/28/2014Everything I've had here is terrific! Even leftover and nuked, it's NOM. Prices may be a little steep but you can attain bucket deals and even use coupons. The restaurant is pretty big so it's good for groups. Takeout is also pretty convenient if you'd prefer that, but dine in if you can and refill on carbs. ; )Special Features:
- LuckyGuyLuckyGuyDined on 4/11/2014Why am I a lucky guy? Well great food and service. Valet parking as well. I look forward to returning for my birthday in July.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just an ok experienceNaiveDinerDined on 4/4/2014We came in for the last day of Eat LBC, and all ordered from the special menu. Our appetizers were the BBQ Chop House Salad and the Onion Straw Brick. The salad had greens, tomatoes, jicama, corn, black beans, tortilla strips and a bbq ranch. It had a nice variety of flavor and textures. The onion brick was just onion rings, basically. Nothing outstanding, but I do love onion rings. For entrees, we had prime rib with side of chili, baby back ribs with mashed sweet potatoes, and grilled salmon with steamed veggies. The sides were mostly unremarkable, but the chili was full of flavor and had a nice spiciness. The prime rib was terrific, but the other entrees were lacking. The ribs were ok, but salmon was way overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drive an hour for Ribs!TNT2EATVIPDined on 4/3/2014Love this place even though they have sister property in NPB closer to our home. The quality of ribs better. Never disappointed with the food and service always friendly! It is not a fancy place so you can bring kids too. They even have gluten free corn bread. My fiancé from OKC when he craves ribs…it's worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ribs and other food for 4carollVIPDined on 4/1/2014This trip we had appetizers ranging from the onion brick to artichokes that were all generous portions and very good. Entrees were ribs, prime rib and salmon. They were all yummy. Then we outdid ourselves with desserts. Everything from cheesecake, peanut butter chocolate pie to the house chocolate, peanut coated ice cream stick were brought to the table. We eat everything we could and took leftovers home for another day. Wow. What a feast for carnivores.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of Long BeachDatewiththewifeDined on 3/31/2014We decided on Naples Rib Company for our Taste of Long Beach week. We saw the menu online. It offered choices in appetizers, entrees and dessert. I was able to make reservation online through Open Table. Very nice touch and easy to We both opted for the chopped salad. It was huge and we left some leaving room for the ribs we ordered. We had eaten some corn bread before the salad. Our ribs were delivered with a bucket for the bones. Along with one side you get asparagus and a slice of pineapple. My mixed vegetables were ok. The ribs were meaty and tasty not requiring any more sauce that was provided for us. You got seven ribs which was more than enough to enjoy. Peanut butter ice cream pie was terrific. Excellent service too!!Special Features:
- Best corn bread and steak dinnerbutterflylizDined on 3/30/2014The filet mignon was cooked perfectly and was so tender and juicy. The cornbread is addicting and a must have. Love their no nonsense menu and food. Comfort food with a touch of class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodMyluv4foodVIPDined on 3/30/2014The food was great. but the service could be improved on. over all the i would go back for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, restaurant busy, serviceocladyDined on 3/30/2014Been here MANY times over the years. Baby back ribs are always excellent and other food is good to excellent. This time service was really slow. Waited 15 minutes after being seated to have anyone come to table. Then took a long time to get the appetizer/salads. When time for dessert, two in the party got theirs after about 10 minute wait but the 3rd person didn't get hers until 8 minutes later, when the first two were almost finished. Water glasses were never refilled although all were empty. I realize it was 'restaurant week' (although we got there at 4:15 p.m. and restaurant not full.). Service is typically attentive...just not on this visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for EatLBCWestSideGuyDined on 3/30/2014I really did enjoy the many set menu options that was provided during EatLBC Week...since I treated my 3 Sisters and a to-go meal, plus my Girl and Lil Girl. We all ordered different items and that allowed us to try a lot of what this Place had to offer at a very reasonable price for a 3 course meal. The service was great and very attentive, since I think I had 6 glasses of ice tea and not once did I have to ask for more tea. Plus their kid menu/child coloring pages and activities, with crayons...by far is better than most children friendly restaurants. If only I lived closure and not drive all the way from West LA..but well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terribleBrendaVIPDined on 3/16/2014Not only did they not bring a main course salad , but then we had to wait an additional 20 minutes until they brought it out. What should have been a quick dinner lasted almost 2 hours to be served and brought the bill. Food was good but we did not even receive an apology.Special Features:
- Always a Fun OptionOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/2/2014If you are looking for a nice steak dinner with a nice and inexpensive bottle of wine, this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking serviceEgbokDined on 2/17/2014Same guy who finally came to acknowledge us also seated us, took our drink order and our dinner order. Problem was he also was working the bar and seating everyone who came in, answered the phone and served everyone in the place. It was frustrating waiting to ask a question about the menu, then when ready to order he was no where in sight. He went to get us a beer and came back 20-25 minutes later. Once we ordered things got better but don't expect to be well cared for, we felt alone even though it was not busy. The food was worth the lack of service. Great flavor. I had the St. Louis ribs and wow, outstanding.Special Features:
- Post Valentine DinnerWolvemomDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I decided to go for a delayed Valentine's Day dinner. We had not been there for a while and now we remember why we loved it there! Wonderful service, nice atmosphere and fabulous food! We shared a NY Steak dinner which they split on to two plates for us! The steak was perfectly cooked and the potato and asparagus were great! Excellent robust coffee. I would highly recommend Naples Rib Company for a romantic dinner for two or for a group or watching the game and having drinks and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.