Naples 45 Ristorante e Pizzeria
200 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10166Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Naples 45 Ristorante e Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.patinagroup.com/
- Phone: 2129727001
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Stephen Rosenbluth
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater parties, events and special occasions of all sizes in our dining room, at our bar and outdoor patio in the warmer months. Our Special Events Concierge will work with you to tailor a menu that meets your needs and inspired by our Neapolitan award-winning cuisine.
For more information, please contact: Sharon Colabello, email@example.com; ph: 212.949.8248.
- Cross Street: 45th Street
- Public Transit: SUBWAY
4, 5, 6; 7; S at Grand Central, 42nd Street
Street entrance at 45th Street
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: When you dine at Naples 45, One Parking offers you a special rate of $25 for up to 4 hours of parking, a savings of $25.
Please make sure to ask your server for a validation sticker at the end of your meal.
One Parking is located at 200 Park Avenue
(accessible from the north and south side on Park Avenue)
A word from Naples 45 Ristorante e Pizzeria
An authentic Neapolitan pizzeria and Italian restaurant situated in the landmark MetLife Building at Grand Central Station at E.45th Street, Naples 45 offers al fresco dining in the warmer months and tantalizing regional Southern Italian specialties with friendly take-out service and gourmet brick-oven slices to go. Naples 45 was awarded the coveted certification of "La Vera Pizza Napoletana," in recognition of serving authentic Neapolitan pizza made with traditional ingredients, methods, and wood-burning ovens - one of only two such awards in New York City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Naples 45 Ristorante e Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (22)great for lunch (22)great for outdoor dining (18)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (14)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (9)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- The place to meet friends at GCSSteakhouseGalDined on 10/16/2014I love Naples 45 for their amazing pizzas and salads. It is the perfect place to meet friends and enjoy a glass of wine and then run and catch the train. It is a fun vibrant restaurant that has options for everyone. It is my go-to place and has never disappointed. The service is friendly and it is great looking space as well.Special Features:
- Lala1dinesVIPDined on 10/9/2014Very busy outside for "happy hour" but not that much inside at that time. Service was friendly but the advice on selection of appetizers was disappointing (eggplant parmigiana and meatballs; Piccoli, combo of two for $16. Eggplant had more of breadcrumbs than anything else and, meatballs were dry and hard to chew on. Big portions though!). After that I decided not to order any pizza although it was the reason why I came to this restaurant (special fire oven, one of the very few in NY City). So, I will try next time for pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never go wrongMPaulJCVIPDined on 10/7/2014Just head to Naples 45. I love the Bronzino. I love the pasta fagiloi. I love the service.Special Features:
- CacophonyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/1/2014Too loud for the civilised. Fit for tourists. Give it a miss. In the words of Bacharach, 'walk on by'.
- Good serviceTCNaDined on 9/26/2014Our server took special attention to our needs and helped us celebrate our friend's birthday party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, quick dinner spotSureshNYCVIPDined on 9/15/2014The service was fantastic, quiet spot with a slightly suburban/neighborhood feel in the middle of crazy Grand Central Station. We had 2 of the pizzas and a bruschetta. All delicious.
- Very good PizzaGiselleDined on 9/15/2014Love this Place to having fresh and stonoven baked Pizza! Really reminds me on Itsly!
- Great ServicePrimetime2VIPDined on 9/12/2014From when we entered the restaurant to when we left the hostess, server and manager were all accommodating. We made some substitutions to our dish, which they accommodated the allergies in our group. Great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFoodieonthegoDined on 9/10/2014The atmosphere is inviting and the service is top notch! The open kitchen view is a nice touch. The brick oven pizza is mouth water with fresh ingredients. I highly recommend the white pie! This place is great for business lunches, kids, after work bar scene and outdoor seating. A true midtown gem!Special Features:
- KathyHDined on 8/27/2014Met a friend for a quick bite after work, Naples was a great location choice since we both commute on Metronorth. It was a beautiful evening so we sat outdoors. Our server was great, we really enjoyed our food and the chocolate dessert was out of this world. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovefoodDined on 8/12/2014I had lunch with 7 friends. I requested a round table, which the restaurant had ready for us. The food was very good. The restaurant was very busy and therefore extremely noisy and the service suffered as well. I certainly would go back but not during peak time.
- Excellent Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014I met my son for dinner at Naples and we both had a great experience. Service was excellent, food was delicious and price was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, loud restaurantlive2eatDined on 8/7/2014Service was fantastic and the food was good. If you are going for a quiet table this is not the spot, but I like noise because I am a loud person.Special Features:
- MandTDined on 8/7/2014Kale salad, meatballs, and pizza were all excellent. Friendly service and great for birthday celebration, convenient for commuters.Special Features:
- Convenient and deliciousLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/6/2014Great placed to meet for after work with friends. Livey scene, good good and quick to catch a train back home. Host wS exceptionally nice as he made sure we had a nice table, even though my friend choose a different one. Servicer was attentive, food was great. Host was quite nice and came by with lemonciello after our mealSpecial Features:
- Terrific findMPaulJCVIPDined on 8/6/2014I love Naples 45! The portions are sized appropriately, the ingredients are fresh, and the staff is attentive. My paccheri was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location location locationMPaulJCVIPDined on 8/5/2014Broiled Branzino with a lovely sweet ragout/salsa and field greens while gazing at the old NY Central building & people-watching? Priceless. (Actual cost: $27, $56 with tax, tip, & glass of white) I'll be back!Special Features:
- service let down the experienceRayDowVIPDined on 8/4/2014I have dined her before and it was fine. Yesterday for a late lunchtime booking when the place was full of staff and not many customers the service was really shabby. No excuse for it. Maybe the service might have been better outside.
- JerseyGuyDined on 7/31/2014Staff are friendly. service is good and food was well presented and delicious,Special Features:
- Great Pizza and Beermags4357Dined on 7/31/2014The pizza, salad and beer were very good but, but very expensive. A small pie was $20 dollars, which is actually a personal pan size pizza and the two person salad was $16! A very expensive dinner when you then add overpriced beer. Ouch! For the price it was not that special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go in the Met Life BuildingMike55Dined on 7/30/2014Great enjoyable Italian food with super friendly attentive service! The pizza is a better than pizza in Naples. Kudos to the super helpful bald headed manager Sal & his staff, will be back soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good apps for sharingcityfoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014Great deal with apps and a salad. Terrific cappuccino. Great for a late lunch as prime time lunch hour is very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising find.DianeVIPDined on 7/17/2014My husband and I needed to meet friends at grand central for a quick dinner than get to a concert. I looked up places ans Napoli 45 came up. We gave it a try and so glad we did. Food was outstanding and the service was too. They knew we were in a bit of a rush and accommodated us. We got a table outside and had a great meal. We will definately go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Undistinguished, assembly line foodMikeySquaredVIPDined on 7/10/2014It's probably to be expected, when you see that their other locations are sited in Disney parks, but the restaurant seems designed to process large numbers of guests efficiently, but little else. The food (the four of us had pizzas and one other dish) was not memorable, and though made with ingredients you'd expect in an Italian restaurant (mozzarella, prosciutto, etc.) they didn't seem to know what to do with them. Our prosciutto pizza was covered with cold prosciutto, which didn't work at all.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/8/2014This was about my 5th or 6th to this restaurant this year. Unfortunately, the service this time was simply lousy - which to me was a total surprise and disappointing knowing how good the service usually had been at Naples 45. Hope this isn't going to be the trend gong forward.Special Features:
- WonderfulPrimetime2VIPDined on 7/1/2014Had lunch on the patio with my daughter. Service was professional and food was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/High Noise LevelOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/26/2014The pizza here is always phenonmenal (if overpriced) and it's a long-time favorite for that very reason. Only drawback is the noise level - it's extremely loud and hard to hear others talk.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Dinner & CelebrationGrandmamomDined on 6/25/2014The location of the restaurant is perfect for the group that attended from Westchester, Brooklyn and New Jersey. We were quite pleased by the reception and service of the staff. The food we chose was delicious. The occasion for our meeting was to celebrate a birthday. The presentation of the candle on a fabulous slice of cake was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 408 reviews are from the Naples 45 Ristorante e Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Excellent TimePrimetime2VIPDined on 6/16/2014We had a great time again at Naples. Everyone was very accommodating from the Hostess to the Server. Beer selection has a nice variety. Pizza and Fish were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but a little priceyoccasionaldiner23Dined on 6/11/2014The thin crust pizza was good, but they need to offer another size. We were two women and a 7 year old. The small pizza would have been too small and the large pizza was way too large and expensive. We wound up taking half home on the train!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and location, but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2014Loved the food - large pizza is huge! Chicken Salad was really good. Too noisy for me. I was there to catch up with old friends and it was hard to hear. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Very friendly and helpful staffrkaranDined on 5/23/2014We'd turned up for an 8:30pm reservation for a group of 12, of whom 8 were from out of the country, about half an hour late (terrible rain delays) and about 15 minutes before the kitchen closed. The very friendly wait-sfaff helped us place our orders before the kitchen closed, were constantly around to check on us. As this was a family reunion after many years, we ended up chatting late into the night, past closing. The wait staff did not bother us or hover around us to get us out. The dining area is modern, large, well-lit and airy; faces 45th street. The thin-crust margherita, pepperoni, funghi and piccante (spicy chicken) pizzas were very good. The last two are my favourites. The cheese cake (not New York style) was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Appetiizers!OishidesDined on 5/22/2014Everythiing is dellicious and authentic at Naples 45. The appetizers especially the egglant parmagiana is as good as a grandmother's! This is a great NY restaulrant!Special Features:
- Great food & serviceLondyDined on 5/22/2014This was my second time here. The first time was a late lunch & it was excellent. My second time it was evening & it was still great but a different vibe: louder & more poppin' at the bar. But the food is top notch & I dig the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great eveningHighExpectationsDined on 5/20/2014My table outside was ready when I arrived at 6:30 PM and I was seated immediately. It was a great spring evening. The waiter was very attentive and professional about timing the arrival of the food as well as keeping our glasses full. He was also very astute about a difficult personal conversation we were having and made sure we had privacy. He got a big tip and my gratitude. All in all, this was a great experience with both the reservation service and the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzaMarcusDined on 5/14/2014Pizza is fantastic. A little too noisy, but food is great. SO are the drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/8/2014During my recent visit to Naples 45, I had the soft-shell crab which came highly recommended. I was a bit hesitant, not having had soft-shell crab before. I was absolutely delighted with the dish....it was scrumptious! Thanks Chef Steve....you will be missed!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatPrimetime2VIPDined on 5/7/2014This large Mecca inside GC is huge. Service is always great and the food is consistent. Pizzas are #1 in NYC. Thanks for a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014Great restaurant and kid friendly. Fantastic service. Didn't rush us at all and the food was excellent, as well as the wine. Great place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable! ConvenientOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/16/2014It was great to be so close to Grand Central! Fun evening wonderful food and very attentive service.