Napa Valley Grille - Westwood
1100 Glendon Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90024Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Napa Valley Grille - Westwood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.napavalleygrille.com/
- Phone: 3108243322
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH (reservations encouraged)
Monday - Friday: 11:30am-3:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
DINNER (reservations encouraged)
Monday – Thursday: 5:30pm – 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm – 9:00pm
BRUNCH (reservations encouraged)
Saturday and Sunday: 11:00am-3:00pm
BOTTOMLESS Mimosas $12
(first available seating in the bar and on the patio)
Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm – 7:00pm and 9:00pm – midnight
Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Taylor Boudreaux
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-site and off-site catering for up to 2000 people. Please contact our experienced and creative Event Department at (310)824-2255 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our events team has a flair for making events happen flawlessly: post-movie premiere parties, wrap parties, on-site and off-site business meetings and group dinners(A/V equipment available), commercial and television filmings, wine tasting parties, wedding receptions, bar-mitzvahs, baby showers, bridal showers, reunions, etc.
- Entertainment: Watch UCLA games and the Lakers' games here! Flat screen televisions in the bar & on the patio. Voted LA's happiest happy hour. The Saturday and Sunday small plates Brunch features $12 Bottomless Mimosas, $4 Bloody Marys & $4 Sangria. The beautiful outdoor patio setting makes Napa Valley Grille Westwood's most popular afternoon and late night happy hour spot featuring an array of food and drink specials. Great spot to host an event, or book one of our Private Rooms with our Events Dept.
- Special Events: Save The Dates for these upcoming wine dinners:
Wednesday, August 28, 2013: St. Supery Estate Vineyards & Winery
Thursday, September 12, 2013: Merryvale Winery
Thank you sgain to Summerland Winery and to those of you who were here for the Summerland Winemaker Dinner on July 24th -- such fun!! It was a beautiful night on the patio with a 5-course dinner shared by new and old friends of Napa Valley Grille & fantastic wines from winemaker Bilo Narif !
- Cross Street: Lindbrook Dr.
- Public Transit: One block from the restaurant at the corner of Wilshire and Glendon.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet at front door, $4 up to 2 hrs with validation. $6.00 per car 2+ hours. Metered street parking & onsite parking garage(no garage validation)also available.Going to a show at the Geffen? We're located within walking distance of the Geffen, so pair dinner with a Napa Valley wine before the show, keep your car with our valet and return later for happy hour and dessert. We're open until midnight Monday through Saturday and until 11:00pm on Sundays.
A word from Napa Valley Grille - Westwood
Napa Valley Grille is a casual, fine dining restaurant featuring Wine Country cuisine, with an emphasis on seasonal, sustainable ingredients complemented by an in-depth selection of premium California wines. The dinner menu features innovative first courses, light to robust entrees (including top quality meats, poultry and game from the grill, pastas and fresh seafood) and house made desserts. The lighter lunch menu features a creative selection of appetizers, salads, sandwiches, pastas and several options of entrees.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Napa Valley Grille - Westwood - Best Restaurants in Westwood ›
Napa Valley Grille - Westwood reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (88)neighborhood gem (80)good for groups (72)fit for foodies (69)special occasion (61)great for outdoor dining (57)notable wine list (51)great for brunch (43)romantic (28)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (17)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (6)Show More
- Always a pleasant dining experienceempiDined on 10/18/2014The food is always good and the service was very good. The desert menu selection could be improvedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find in West LAOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014This restaurant was just what we were looking for. A great place to relax, eat some terrific food with good wine, and either be able to talk after a very long day or revel in the energy of a bustling restaurant. They put us in a nice quiet corner so we could talk without difficulty, but other parts of the restaurant were louder and had lots of energy which was fun to watch. Loved the colors, lighting and high ceilings. Appreciated the fact that there was only one TV (over the bar which is in a limited nice area in the front). Most of restaurant was devoted to eating and engaging with companions. Duck was delicious as was the lamb; our server gave excellent advice. The chef made side substitutions without charge! Pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I ordered the scallops and I felt that it was very small entrée, not quite enough, especially for the price...and it was slightly overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Napa Valley GrilleSandyDined on 10/17/2014NVG-Westwood is a terrific restaurant. Great food, excellent service - a neighborhood gem and one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Always GoodNavaDined on 10/14/2014Good variety of healthy and tasty food with good service.Special Features:
- great patio, slow serviceLAtoSFVIPDined on 10/10/2014He Kale Caesar and brussel sprouts w fried egg were my two favorite dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great with friendsJohnVIPDined on 10/8/2014An excellent evening with great food and wine ... with outstanding service ... the whole group of us had a wonderful experience ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014The food was very tasty. Portions, small. Prices??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service below parjkeatsVIPDined on 10/4/2014Not sure what was going on, but service was extremely slow. I don't ever recall it being this bad. The food was very good, but having to wait so long was very trying.
- Napa Valley GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2014I had read reviews of the restaurant with complaints of slow or inattentive service. Management must have read them too because the service was very good. They actually brought our scallops almost too fast. They were served atop a butternut squash puree and topped with a "salad" of brussel sprouts leaves. It tasted wonderful but the portion was too small. The number of scallops was fine but if there could have been more squash and "salad" I would have been happier. Luckily we ordered a side of spinach which was excellent as was the wine by the glass. My friend and I are both petite. I doubt a big burly hungry guy would have been satisfied by the amount of food served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater DiningSandraDined on 9/27/2014It is nice to valet, dine and walk to the Geffen. Our service was very slow. I would like to attribuite it to the fact that many other theater goers were there. However, I don't think that was the case. When we checked in, the staff mentioned my food allergies. A comfort that made me feel like someone really was paying attention. First thing on our table LONG before our (Large Flat) water, was the bread topped with garlic and a side dish of garlic and oil. Yikes! Maybe we threw off the gentlemen when we ordered bottled water, but even that took very long time. The waitress did not come to ask for drinks, mgr or asst did. It still took the waitress long after mgr (or whoever) poured our wine. We will return. Thanks SandraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014Convenient especially when attending the Geffen Playhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite the sameFoodIsJoyVIPDined on 9/21/2014We used to live and work in Westwood and Napa Valley Grille was one of our favorites. During a recent visit we came away somewhat disappointed. The service was excellent, the food was good, but not outstanding, but the value was not really there. My husband's diminutive (but delicious) chicken wasn't worth the $24, exclusive of any side orders. The menu still doesn't offer many lighter options, such as entree salads with a protein, so I cobbled together a meal from a couple of small plates. The harvest platter had an interesting combination of foods, but the brussels sprouts salad lacked flavor. Both had too much pepper for my taste. The dessert (tiramisu) was good and not too sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014The wine was poured quite generously and split between two people, which was appreciated. Disappointed in our server. Requested bread and butter and got cheese bread (which two of us would not eat) which we had to pay extra for. And, since we were still hungry, had to request bread and butter again. Many entrees were a la carte and were quite small forcing you to order a side or leave hungry. We've had better meals here.Special Features:
- MehTrvlr57Dined on 9/20/2014Food and service were good, but not worth the price.
- Convenient for WestwoodJuniperDined on 9/19/2014Service very slow and offhand. Server not attentive or even interested in our party. Appreciated a table visit from the chef. Apple dessert poorly presented.Special Features:
- Great food!SeafoodLoverDined on 9/17/2014The food at Napa Valley Grille is excellent. They prepare each dish that you order with great attention to detail and it is served nice and hot. They have a wide variety on their menu and you will be happy with whatever you order. Their wine selection is amazing and their butterscotch bread pudding is to die for.Special Features:
- busterDined on 9/16/2014We have always enjoyed dining at Napa, especially the after-theater scene when we get some small plates and wine. Have especially noted that we've always had friendly, helpful service. The wait staff must be carefully chosen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameDined on 9/13/2014My mother-in-law's favorite restaurant and my latest meal was the best I've had there. We were early diners at 6:00 so the room was pleasantly quiet and the service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TmarianDined on 9/11/2014The menu was not that great. We actually ordered appetizers with side dishes. It pricey for what you get. The chef was friendly but we rather have more items out of the ordinary. Thanks
- neighborhood diningPeterDined on 9/10/2014We enjoy going there for happy hour and dinner but never for lunch. We have not had good experiences with waitstaff at lunch. We had a lovely and helpful waiter last evening. Quinoa salad is the greatest. Also enjoyed the gazpacho and miss the little fish tacos and corn chowder. Menu keeps changing which I guess is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- daricDined on 9/10/2014We had lunch and the food, ambiance, and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DCinLADined on 9/9/2014This is a great spot; the food was excellent, however, the serving portions are extremely small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not very distinguishedPeneloPDined on 9/8/2014I hadn't been to Napa Valley in several years. The food was exactly the same, not distinguished in today's restaurant scene. Napa Valley either needs a new chef or a review of its menu.
- Great Food, Great StaffBondGirlDined on 9/7/2014My visit was my first to the Napa Valley Grille - everything I had was delicious. The staff was very knowledgeable on the items on the menu, and super-pleasant when I arrived!Special Features:
- NVG remains terrific!wissyVIPDined on 8/31/2014We come here often for brunch, but dinner was also a delight. The kale salad (which comes with chicken at lunch) was a hit appetizer. One guest adores soft-shell crabs and was really pleased with the version here. The halibut was also delicious and for carnivores, the short ribs were pronounced fantastic. The butterscotch bread pudding with homemade marshmallow is simply outstanding! You can really have a conversation here and it never feels cramped or rushed. Service was friendly but unobtrusive with good advice on wine and beer selections. It's not inexpensive but not outrageous either, and Happy Hour is quite a bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Waiter, great foodzubieDined on 8/31/2014Our waiter Isaac was incredible - provided excellent service, remembered everyones name, entrees, etc., in addition, he is very nice looking. Everyone in our party thought he was the best! The food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently....Guyin310VIPDined on 8/30/2014Good. Even with a small private party going on, the service and food was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hands down,....thee best!GreatVIPDined on 8/22/2014Just go and check it out. I can blah blah blah all day about this spot. Just go and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good conversation and nice diningWestwoodDebDined on 8/21/2014I was catching up with an old friend, wanted a nice meal in my neighborhood, a good place for conversation, and a menu that would enable me to eat healthily. Napa Valley Grille did all that, plus we had a very patient and attentive waiter. I booked on Open Table and requested a table by the window and they made a point of accommodating me. Everyone was very polite and professional, from the valet to the greeter to our waiter. I'll continue to come here.Special Features:
- Love This RestaurantWestwoodVIPDined on 8/21/2014We had a birthday celebration at Napa Valley Grille. Everything we ordered were great: Kale Salad, Pork Chops, Branzino (deboned whole fish), Steak, non-pureed mashed potatoes (fries), wine, Bread Pudding, and Chocolate Cake. Chef Taylor Boudreaux came out and made sure we enjoyed our dining there. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- SouthBayGirlDined on 8/20/2014Our experience at NVG continues to be the best in the Village. The food is consistently good, well-plated and we love that we can split with no charge. That is reading your public well. Travis, as always, provides great service and is knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:
- Always niceshewqueenDined on 8/20/2014Definitely one of the nicest restaurants in Westwood-always good, great ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely resource in WestwoodCharliesGirl51Dined on 8/18/2014Very nice and reasonably priced lunch location in Westwood, Beautiful décor and very comfortable. Good service always and some specialties on the menu that are real treats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 18 Years OutstandingBobbVIPDined on 8/17/2014Napa Valley Grille is simply one of the outstanding places to dine in Los Angeles. There may be flashier spots and there may be more eclectic menus, but for a can't miss dining experience NPG has delivered for 18 years in a row. Under the capable hands of Taylor Boudreaux the food is excellently prepared and served by a knowledgeable staff in a very comfortable setting. The restaurant has as an excellent space for private parties and a wine list with plenty of wines by the glass and flights that makes dining and tasting a pleasurable experience. And its very well priced too! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningDonnJulieVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had an early reservation. We were seated immediately. Our waiter was attentive and friendly. The food was very good. Noise level was moderate so conversation was easy. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Elegantly relaxedGreviewVIPDined on 8/6/2014Elegantly relaxed, environment and food at top levelsSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceBillVIPDined on 8/6/2014I went to Napa Valley Grille with someone who had not been there in years. We were looking around at what other people were eating and the Executive Chef came by chatted with us, asked us if we had any questions and then gave us great answers, made some recommendations, which we followed and enjoyed greatly. He even followed up with us later. It was a terrific experience. I am glad we chose to eat at the Napa Valley Grille. I would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!SherylVIPDined on 8/3/2014I appreciate, above all, their efforts to keep the restaurant quiet for visiting with friends. Many restaurants have very good food. Few attend to the acoustics and think that we don't want to converse with the people we've brought. This one doesn't make that mistake - Bravo to them!Special Features:
- First RateLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 8/1/2014Lovely, open floor plan w/ tasteful decor. Nice indoor and patio dining. Excellent California cuisine menu with all dishes expertly prepared and presented. A little pricey perhaps, but a lovely experience. Very caring and capable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.