Napa Valley Grille - Westwood
1100 Glendon Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90024Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Napa Valley Grille - Westwood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.napavalleygrille.com/
- Phone: (310) 824-3322
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH (reservations encouraged)
Monday - Friday: 11:30am-3:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
DINNER (reservations encouraged)
Monday – Thursday: 5:30pm – 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm – 9:00pm
BRUNCH (reservations encouraged)
Saturday and Sunday: 11:00am-3:00pm
BOTTOMLESS Mimosas $12
(first available seating in the bar and on the patio)
Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm – 7:00pm and 9:00pm – midnight
Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Taylor Boudreaux
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-site and off-site catering for up to 2000 people. Please contact our experienced and creative Event Department at (310)824-2255 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our events team has a flair for making events happen flawlessly: post-movie premiere parties, wrap parties, on-site and off-site business meetings and group dinners(A/V equipment available), commercial and television filmings, wine tasting parties, wedding receptions, bar-mitzvahs, baby showers, bridal showers, reunions, etc.
- Entertainment: Watch UCLA games and the Lakers' games here! Flat screen televisions in the bar & on the patio. Voted LA's happiest happy hour. The Saturday and Sunday small plates Brunch features $12 Bottomless Mimosas, $4 Bloody Marys & $4 Sangria. The beautiful outdoor patio setting makes Napa Valley Grille Westwood's most popular afternoon and late night happy hour spot featuring an array of food and drink specials. Great spot to host an event, or book one of our Private Rooms with our Events Dept.
- Special Events: Save The Dates for these upcoming wine dinners:
Wednesday, August 28, 2013: St. Supery Estate Vineyards & Winery
Thursday, September 12, 2013: Merryvale Winery
Thank you sgain to Summerland Winery and to those of you who were here for the Summerland Winemaker Dinner on July 24th -- such fun!! It was a beautiful night on the patio with a 5-course dinner shared by new and old friends of Napa Valley Grille & fantastic wines from winemaker Bilo Narif !
- Cross Street: Lindbrook Dr.
- Public Transit: One block from the restaurant at the corner of Wilshire and Glendon.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet at front door, $4 up to 2 hrs with validation. $6.00 per car 2+ hours. Metered street parking & onsite parking garage(no garage validation)also available.Going to a show at the Geffen? We're located within walking distance of the Geffen, so pair dinner with a Napa Valley wine before the show, keep your car with our valet and return later for happy hour and dessert. We're open until midnight Monday through Saturday and until 11:00pm on Sundays.
A word from Napa Valley Grille - Westwood
Napa Valley Grille is a casual, fine dining restaurant featuring Wine Country cuisine, with an emphasis on seasonal, sustainable ingredients complemented by an in-depth selection of premium California wines. The dinner menu features innovative first courses, light to robust entrees (including top quality meats, poultry and game from the grill, pastas and fresh seafood) and house made desserts. The lighter lunch menu features a creative selection of appetizers, salads, sandwiches, pastas and several options of entrees.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Napa Valley Grille - Westwood - Best Restaurants in Westwood ›
Napa Valley Grille - Westwood reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (83)great for lunch (79)fit for foodies (75)good for groups (68)special occasion (53)great for outdoor dining (48)notable wine list (44)great for brunch (39)vibrant bar scene (23)romantic (19)hot spot (15)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2014Always have had a nice experience at Napa Valley Grill. The service was great and also the food. Had an enjoyable time chatting with your new manager. My wife and I totally enjoyed our conversation with her, being new to this area. Will be coming back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner before concert or theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/16/2014We've been to Napa Valley Grill many times, usually for dinner before a concert or play at UCLA or elsewhere in Westwood. The restaurant features a broad and excellent menu that always pleases our varied guests' preferences as well as our own. Good, fresh, high-quality offerings presented well, with an appreciation for our need to get in and out efficiently. Easy valet parking in front makes everything flow smoothly. This most recent visit, the carrot soup was especially memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant has changed!BarbVIPDined on 11/14/2014I have been coming to this restaurant for years, however my dinner with friends the other night was a great disappointment to all four of us. The ambience is very nice, and the scoop was tasty, but the portions were half what they used to be and the service was under its usual standards. I don't think I'll be coming back again. Really too bad because Westwood has too few good restaurants.
- great location, decent foodCaliGirlDined on 11/14/2014It's a conveniently located restaurant in the middle of the Westwood Village. We tried their happy hour menu and the wines were not good tasting, but for $5 a glass I guess it's alright, but the food was solid quality. The regular menu is much bigger and a lot pricier.I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatlVIPDined on 11/11/2014Points of service were wonderful. Food did not taste high quality.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner and Servicecaw6Dined on 11/7/2014I had the Prosciutto wrapped scallops with butternut squash and brussel sprouts. The blend of flavors was perfect. The service and ambiance was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great food, very bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/2/2014Our lunch took over 2 hours. We waited at least 45 minutes to receive bread. The waiter was friendly and nice, but extremely slow. Once our meal was finally served we didn't have condiments and a spoon for the soup. Finally we flagged another waiter down who graciously got a spoon and condiments. We couldn't figure out if he went on break or what the situation was. The food was excellent -- I'd like to go back for the food but honestly am not sure we will because of the service.Special Features:
- Gluten and dairy freechooseyDined on 11/1/2014There menu is very limited and never seems to change. Little accommodation for those of us with dietary restrictions. One soup of the day had cream in it, for example.
- Excellent but priceyladybruinDined on 10/31/2014The food was terrific, but the portions are very small, hard to feel that you've eaten your money's worth. Our waitress also was good at ignoring us, although everything we ordered came promptly.Special Features:
- reliably goodLAfoodieDined on 10/28/2014Close to the Hammer Museum in Westwood this restaurant offers good service a nice offering of food and wine. Could use an interior re-do but otherwise reliable and a step up from neighborhood chains.Special Features:
- Fabulous HospitalityEnjoysFoodnAmbianceVIPDined on 10/28/2014I was in LA for a meeting, had to move the reservation a couple of times BUT when my guest and I finally got to Napa Valley Grille the staff could not have been nicer or more hospitable. The Kale & Chicken salad was awesome. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD ALL AROUNDKayEatsDined on 10/26/2014We had a special occasion: an 86th birthday celebration. The food was delicious (maybe a little pricey), the server knew we had theatre tickets and made sure we weren't rushed. We had to sit at the bar because we were early and that was a little hectic, but nice to have a place to sit and wait plus have a lovely drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing!StanleyVIPDined on 10/25/2014We have been going since the this place opened and always been served good food and excellent service. We have been disappointed several times lately over poor service. The food is still good but it seems that it's become a training center for new help. Our waiter seemed to be sleep walking rather than observing our table! We gave this place a fair chance but we will not go back. It's too bad as it was our favorite place to eat in Weswood Village.Special Features:
- Lost in TranslationLostinTranslationDined on 10/25/2014I had been to this restaurant before which was 8 months ago and boy has it changed for the bad. The food itself is still great and tasty but the portions need an upgrade in size. It was more appetizer portion then dinner portion. Plus once our server came to take our order after waiting 15 minutes-she was no where to be found afterwards and second glasses of wine NEVER came which was a MAJOR Oversight. Is it so hard to stop by and ask if everything is OK-but when they don't-they don't care! Service I rate a "D to F"/food Size "C"/food quality "A-" Another restaurant moving toward closure then increased business. What ever happen to CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
- Good food but no time to eat it.2DisappointedDined on 10/25/2014On our arrival at 6pm Saturday October 25th we informed our waitress that we had theater tickets at 8pm and needed to be finished with our meal by 7:30pm. Our party of 4 ordered salads and a main entree each. It took 30 minutes for our salads to arrive, at 6:50pm, at which point we informed our waitress AGAIN that we had theater tickets for 8pm and needed to be finished with our meals by 7:30. We reminded our waitress THREE MORE TIMES that we were running out of time, but did not receive our main dishes until 7:30pm. Because of this we could do no more than take a brief bite of our entrees. They went completely to waste. As we were standing to leave our waitress brought our sides, which of course we could not even try. We will NOT be back.
- EnjoyableXLAerDined on 10/23/2014Large but not overwhelming restaurant. Great fresh veggies. Presentations attractive. Followed my request for low salt. Servers & staff very gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TaysteeTaysteeDined on 10/19/2014French Toast was good but everything else on breakfast menu looked ok. Not too many vegetarian options.
- Always a pleasant dining experienceempiDined on 10/18/2014The food is always good and the service was very good. The desert menu selection could be improvedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find in West LAGoodtastes99Dined on 10/17/2014This restaurant was just what we were looking for. A great place to relax, eat some terrific food with good wine, and either be able to talk after a very long day or revel in the energy of a bustling restaurant. They put us in a nice quiet corner so we could talk without difficulty, but other parts of the restaurant were louder and had lots of energy which was fun to watch. Loved the colors, lighting and high ceilings. Appreciated the fact that there was only one TV (over the bar which is in a limited nice area in the front). Most of restaurant was devoted to eating and engaging with companions. Duck was delicious as was the lamb; our server gave excellent advice. The chef made side substitutions without charge! Pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I ordered the scallops and I felt that it was very small entrée, not quite enough, especially for the price...and it was slightly overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Napa Valley GrilleSandyDined on 10/17/2014NVG-Westwood is a terrific restaurant. Great food, excellent service - a neighborhood gem and one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Always GoodNavaDined on 10/14/2014Good variety of healthy and tasty food with good service.Special Features:
- great patio, slow serviceLAtoSFVIPDined on 10/10/2014He Kale Caesar and brussel sprouts w fried egg were my two favorite dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great with friendsJohnVIPDined on 10/8/2014An excellent evening with great food and wine ... with outstanding service ... the whole group of us had a wonderful experience ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014The food was very tasty. Portions, small. Prices??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service below parjkeatsVIPDined on 10/4/2014Not sure what was going on, but service was extremely slow. I don't ever recall it being this bad. The food was very good, but having to wait so long was very trying.
- Napa Valley GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2014I had read reviews of the restaurant with complaints of slow or inattentive service. Management must have read them too because the service was very good. They actually brought our scallops almost too fast. They were served atop a butternut squash puree and topped with a "salad" of brussel sprouts leaves. It tasted wonderful but the portion was too small. The number of scallops was fine but if there could have been more squash and "salad" I would have been happier. Luckily we ordered a side of spinach which was excellent as was the wine by the glass. My friend and I are both petite. I doubt a big burly hungry guy would have been satisfied by the amount of food served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater DiningSandraDined on 9/27/2014It is nice to valet, dine and walk to the Geffen. Our service was very slow. I would like to attribuite it to the fact that many other theater goers were there. However, I don't think that was the case. When we checked in, the staff mentioned my food allergies. A comfort that made me feel like someone really was paying attention. First thing on our table LONG before our (Large Flat) water, was the bread topped with garlic and a side dish of garlic and oil. Yikes! Maybe we threw off the gentlemen when we ordered bottled water, but even that took very long time. The waitress did not come to ask for drinks, mgr or asst did. It still took the waitress long after mgr (or whoever) poured our wine. We will return. Thanks SandraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014Convenient especially when attending the Geffen Playhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite the sameFoodIsJoyVIPDined on 9/21/2014We used to live and work in Westwood and Napa Valley Grille was one of our favorites. During a recent visit we came away somewhat disappointed. The service was excellent, the food was good, but not outstanding, but the value was not really there. My husband's diminutive (but delicious) chicken wasn't worth the $24, exclusive of any side orders. The menu still doesn't offer many lighter options, such as entree salads with a protein, so I cobbled together a meal from a couple of small plates. The harvest platter had an interesting combination of foods, but the brussels sprouts salad lacked flavor. Both had too much pepper for my taste. The dessert (tiramisu) was good and not too sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014The wine was poured quite generously and split between two people, which was appreciated. Disappointed in our server. Requested bread and butter and got cheese bread (which two of us would not eat) which we had to pay extra for. And, since we were still hungry, had to request bread and butter again. Many entrees were a la carte and were quite small forcing you to order a side or leave hungry. We've had better meals here.Special Features:
- MehTrvlr57Dined on 9/20/2014Food and service were good, but not worth the price.
- Convenient for WestwoodJuniperVIPDined on 9/19/2014Service very slow and offhand. Server not attentive or even interested in our party. Appreciated a table visit from the chef. Apple dessert poorly presented.Special Features:
- Great food!SeafoodLoverDined on 9/17/2014The food at Napa Valley Grille is excellent. They prepare each dish that you order with great attention to detail and it is served nice and hot. They have a wide variety on their menu and you will be happy with whatever you order. Their wine selection is amazing and their butterscotch bread pudding is to die for.Special Features:
- busterDined on 9/16/2014We have always enjoyed dining at Napa, especially the after-theater scene when we get some small plates and wine. Have especially noted that we've always had friendly, helpful service. The wait staff must be carefully chosen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameDined on 9/13/2014My mother-in-law's favorite restaurant and my latest meal was the best I've had there. We were early diners at 6:00 so the room was pleasantly quiet and the service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TmarianDined on 9/11/2014The menu was not that great. We actually ordered appetizers with side dishes. It pricey for what you get. The chef was friendly but we rather have more items out of the ordinary. Thanks
- neighborhood diningPeterDined on 9/10/2014We enjoy going there for happy hour and dinner but never for lunch. We have not had good experiences with waitstaff at lunch. We had a lovely and helpful waiter last evening. Quinoa salad is the greatest. Also enjoyed the gazpacho and miss the little fish tacos and corn chowder. Menu keeps changing which I guess is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- daricDined on 9/10/2014We had lunch and the food, ambiance, and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DCinLADined on 9/9/2014This is a great spot; the food was excellent, however, the serving portions are extremely small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.