Napa Valley Grille - Bloomington
220 West Market
Bloomington, MN 55425Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Napa Valley Grille - Bloomington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.napavalleygrille.com/bloomington/index.html
- Phone: 9528589934
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Saturday 3:00pm - 6:00pm, 8:00pm - 10:00pm; Sundays 3:00pm - 8:00pm. We look forward to seeing you here!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Keven Kvalsten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have catering menu's available for off site requests, just call and ask to speak to Alicia Vig.
- Private Party Facilities: Our inspired team is ready to work with you to enhance your next event and deliver a memorable occasion. We have several private and semi private dining rooms from which to choose. We have several set menus to choose from or Chef Keven can work with you on a specialized menu for your group. We also are able to work with any dietary needs you may have.
- Private Party Contact: Alicia Vig or Kelle Korbel 9528544443
- Public Transit: Light Rail & Busses are located on the East Side of the Mall. Cabs and Hotel Shuttles are located on the North Side.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We are located on the West Side of the Mall of America, between Macy's and Nordstrom and there is public parking available on all floors.
A word from Napa Valley Grille - Bloomington
We exist to recreate the charm, generosity, and tastes of Napa Valley. Our menus showcase Chef-driven offerings influenced by the wine country, local seasonal ingredients and artisan products. And as purveyors of Napa living ~ We Celebrate Wine! We are passionate about your experience and we provide service that is knowledgeable and gracious in a rustic, yet refined setting. Enjoy your Napa Valley Grille experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Napa Valley Grille - Bloomington reviews from OpenTable diners
- this restrurant closed afterhungrygirlDined on 1/7/2014this restrurant closed after I made the reservations for a birthday party. I was not notified. We had to go elsewhere to have our celebration.
- dinner for 2bharvDined on 12/31/2013Went there for new years eve dinner and it was great, they sat us early for our reservation The food was great, they had a nice beer and wine selection. I really liked that our server let me sample 3 beers before making my selection. We had the flour less chocolate cake for desert and it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful placeJinx29Dined on 12/31/2013The food was amazing, the service was awesome (thank you Aubree), and they let us in earlier than our reservation. The cheese platter is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had not eaten here in years,HungryDined on 12/21/2013I had not eaten here in years, but decided to eat there last night. Everyone at our table thought the food was just fair. Mine in particular was bad - greasy hamburger with limp tomato slices & greasy fries - even worse it was served lukewarm. Not in a rush to return.
- Mediocre to poor foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/20/2013We ordered two entrees and both were way too salty. Had to ask for bread. Ordered flour less chocolate cake and 90% of it was mousse. You'd be better off going to the food court
- Never disappointsTonyVIPDined on 12/16/2013I took my wife there for her 'Birthday Dinner'...always a solid choice for an excellent dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night outPauldDined on 12/14/2013Our visit to Napa Valley Grille was wonderful! It was just the two of us, enjoying some time alone, but the restaurant definitely catered to all sizes and all ages. We were able to enjoy a romantic evening, while right across from us was a table of 10 with 5 tween girls, yet still not overly loud. There were several other large parties in the room as well, but the noise level was manageable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Good wineWD43Dined on 12/14/2013They have some very original salads and entrees. Both the salad and entree that I tried were very good. Their wine list is fairly extensive and they offer wine flights which is always nice.Special Features:
- ThanksgivingRonnieDined on 11/28/2013Normally, i love their menu, food, and service, but this was a special Thanksgiving menu which was very limited and apparently designed for ease of preparation. It took us two hours to have dinner. Even on a holiday, i expect that if you are open at all, you should provide reasonable service. Sadly this was not a good experience.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving 2013MemeDined on 11/28/2013Finding a restaurant that met our requirements was easy. As was the ease of making reservations. I would definitely use Open Table in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid dining experienceeatoutalotVIPDined on 11/22/2013Napa Valley Grille was a great place to eat. The food was good and the staff was attentive. The menu offered many selections. We have been there a few times in the past but not recently. It was good to rediscover this quiet dining alternative in a busy Mall of America location.Special Features:
- Atmosphere is elegant andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013Atmosphere is elegant and cozy. We were seated close to the entrance, so the noise of the mall filtered in somewhat. My daughter loved the squash soup. My salmon was adequate, nothing special. Service was excellent, friendly staff, catered to our requests.Special Features:
- Quaint find in MOAOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2013I found it to be a somewhat limited menu, but it was delicious. We especially enjoyed the sausage won tons for an appetizer and the flourless chocolate cake for dessert. I'm not sure the restaurant is anything to write home about, but it was good and we don't regret eating there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2013This was our first date night in a while and it was fantastic. We had great food, great drinks, and great service. Would go back in a heartbeat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIGH $, LIMITED MENU, GREAT SERVICEschwera13Dined on 10/30/2013For the money you should expect better menus selections (I.e., 3 steaks), but ambiance and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I chose the duck, to be adventurousJanetDined on 10/28/2013I chose the duck, to be adventurous. I decided I don't care for duck! As duck goes, it was good, but I should have selected the scallops, my second choice. My husband's pork tenderloin was delicious! Our waiter was excellent, very informed and courteous. Our table was perfect, and the special birthday dessert (on the house) was yummy! An overall great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu was ok... I thought thereJJAADined on 10/19/2013Menu was ok... I thought there would be a more healthy menu- with lots of salads, etc. Overall it was ok.Special Features:
- Run of the mill restaurantJimyDined on 10/18/2013Took a bit of time to get seated with reservations. Waitress was overwelmed with tables. Long wait for appetizers. Courses were served by manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good - but a cautionluvfoodDined on 10/18/2013I met out of town guests after their shopping spree at MOA. They enjoyed the ambiance and food. Our waitress was a bit overworked and when my dinner salad arrived without enough dressing, it took a LONG time before someone brought extra dressing. The rest of my party was pretty much done eating by the time I got the dressing. The rest of my party said they would go again. I would be sure that I'm pleased with my food quickly as the waitress was not good about checking back in a few minutes to see if there was anything else we needed!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duck Confit HashMaggieDined on 10/13/2013The best dish I've had in a while; others at my table had the risotto, the butternut squash soup and walleye cakes. We all agreed that the food is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good. Two ofLisaSDined on 10/12/2013Food was very good. Two of the seven entrees were served incorrectly (one missing the potatoes, one was supposed to be 2 crab cakes but only one was served). Service was slower than anticipated. Staff was friendly. We appreciated being able to make a reservation for a large party through OpenTable on the same day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were surprised in a disappointedJerryVIPDined on 10/12/2013We were surprised in a disappointed way. We've been here many times and this was hopefully an anomaly. Service was slow. Waitress didn't know answers to questions about food and drinks. Had to request steak knives for steak. Had to get our own salt and pepper shaker from another table. Tenderloins were greasy and had the texture/flavor more of a sirloin than tenderloin - even though we paid for a tenderloin. One steak requested medium and came out rare to medium rare and had to be sent back. What happened to this place?
- I'll miss Napa Valley GrilleJenniferDined on 9/22/2013Great business lunch / dinner location. Sad to see them close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative, without going to WeirdOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/21/2013We had a wonderful meal with unique and tasty items like salad with brown butter dressing (great flavor without being too rich, nice balance to kale) and maple pot de creme (creamy, light , autumn dessert). The risotto was perfectly balanced of creamy with a little bite. Good wine selection with helpful guidance from the waitress. Will definately be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of Towner ImpressionBob14450Dined on 9/17/2013Friendly, Competent and well trained service staff. Food is tasty and comes out at the correct temperature. Like the protion size option. Small option just right. Filling and no need to take home leftovers. The Napa Valley Grille has my strong recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Service could be betterCalabeeDined on 9/12/2013Food was wonderful - I like the seasonal menu with fresh root vegies for fall. Service was slow and not very attentive - if this was improved Napa Valley might rank up there with one of my favorites. Also, they should offer something for special events - like a free appetizer, glass of wine, or dessert for persons celebrating a birthday, graduation, or other important milestone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening for a celebrationDP53Dined on 9/5/2013Family and friends joined to celebrate the sale of the family home and moving to the next chapter. Service was great. Menu is extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and reasonably pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2013I went there with my mom for my birthday, and we each ordered the creamed corn soup. Definitely very tasty. I ordered the sweet potato risotto with chicken, and the chicken was cooked perfectly. The risotto was bursting with flavor too. My mom had the pork chop which was tenderly cooked. We didn't get any drinks, so after tax and tip, it was only $60 which is very reasonable for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okay, but it ain't NapaJJMDVIPDined on 8/6/2013Having toured and eaten my way through the Napa several times, this restaurant reflects the lushness of the wine and local cuisine in name only. I had the hanger steak, which was good but not great. It lacked any kind of originality in its preparation and the corn and potatoes were simply bland. No seasonings on the food at all. The meat was prepared just fine, but the restaurant--when you bottom line it--is just a nice place inside the Mall of America. I much preferred Crave! I would go back only to see the Grille's amazingly handsome bar tender and skip the food.
- Awesome as alwaysBestinDallasDined on 8/3/2013Although we are only in Minnesota once a year, we always go to Napa Valley Grille. The food is excellent, service is always spot on, and the food is as good as it gets. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the MallChivisitDined on 7/13/2013There is not much choice in Mall of America outside of fast food and comfort food. This is not only the best of a bad bunch but is genuinely worth the trip. Great style and integrating combinations. Very nice wine list. Just don't be surprised if the person next to you is wearing shorts and a T shirt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quiet spot with good food in MOAOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/29/2013The Napa Valley Grille in the Mall of America is a quiet oasis in an otherwise chaotic setting. We had a fabulous time over excellent food and wines. I had the almond crusted walleye which was done to perfection. My wife had the trio of Ham & Cheese Melt, Corn Bisque, & Brussels sprout salad – also delicious. My daughter had the duck confit hash – delicious. The chef did a masterful job in both preparation & presentation! Michal our server did a fantastic job of explaining the menu and answering our questions. She has the type of personality which makes the customer feel at home and welcomed. Couple all this with a good selection of wines and draft beers & this becomes a restaurant I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2013We have found this to be a favorite and reliable place to dine. The food and service has always been outstanding. The menu offers interesting choices which always have great presentation. The staff is attentive but not overbearing and has always accommodated our every request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a nice placeIngieDined on 6/15/2013Napa Valley Grille is good food, well presented in a comfortable, California-style setting. Since this is a Mall restaurant, we sat inside. It's quieter and relaxing. A great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Service Made the MealWindsurferDined on 6/10/2013We had a waitress (and I can't remember her name) that was absolutely wonderful. I was entertaining some guests from Europe who had just flown in. The waitress took the time to discuss meal and drink selections with us, but especially took the time to talk to us and make us feel very welcome at the restaraunt. We were 5 middle-aged men who can be very boring, but she laughed at our (poor) jokes and had a conversation with us during the meal. I think all of us really appreciated that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always appreciate well-preparedchazDined on 6/10/2013I always appreciate well-prepared fresh food in a quiet atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2013This was a great location and we enjoyed the lunch menu along with a good glass of wine and a break from shoppingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must stop at the Mall of AmericaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2013I am a frequent traveler to Minneapolis and I normally stay at the Marriott Airport and the reason is not to be near the airport but to be within walking distance of the mall. And, when it comes time for dinner, I always dine at Napa Valley Grille. There are other OK choices in or around the mall but if you want an awesome wine selection and a wide range of excellent food options, then you have found the right place. It is never disappointing and I recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to dine in the Twin Cities area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet Potato RisottoGckbirdDined on 5/29/2013Great food, company and gathering. Our server Stacy was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a reason to go to the MOA !edjohnsonDined on 5/28/2013I'm not a huge MOA shopper but the Napa Valley Grille is one of the reasons I will go to the Mall of America. Great food and service. Excellent wines from California !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.