Napa Valley Bistro
975 Clinton Street
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Napa Valley Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.napavalleybistro.net/
- Phone: (707) 666-2383
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tue-Sa 11:30am-5:00pm
Brunch: Sun 10:00am-2:00pm
Dinner: Tue-Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: Fri-Sat 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: Sun 2:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Bernardo Ayala
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Between your vision and our Chef"s culinary creativity, we can help make your event a tasty one. Please call us for details about our catering options.
- Entertainment: Join us every Tuesday through Friday from 3:00-6:00 for Happy Hour at our bar. Enjoy small plates and drink specials with your friends and co-workers!
- Special Events: We feature a neighboring winery for dinner every second Tuesday of the month. Whether it is a four course meal with wine pairings or a special entrée paired with a specific glass of wine, we invite you to indulge with us and experience all that Napa Valley has to offer!
A word from Napa Valley Bistro
At Napa Valley Bistro we strive to meet your needs by offering great food and service while promoting our basic beliefs: local, sustainable, organic...Continued
AND AFFORDABLE! Our food is elevated bistro-style American cuisine, and our wine list compliments our menu by focusing on Napa Valley vintners.
AND AFFORDABLE! Our food is elevated bistro-style American cuisine, and our wine list compliments our menu by focusing on Napa Valley vintners.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Napa Valley Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (90)fit for foodies (71)great for lunch (39)special occasion (31)good for groups (27)romantic (17)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (8)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Great place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014I'm a local resident. I frequent this place. Great food, service, reasonable prices and no corkage on your first bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting ingredientsKarenDined on 11/18/2014The menu is full of local and seasonal ingredients. We were a group of seven and everyone tried something different. A couple of people shared several small plates and I got to do some sampling. I had the mushroom risotto and I would order it a again in a heartbeat. I tasted the halibut cakes and the mac and cheese - I would order those as well. I am definitely going to return to try out some of the other items on the menu that looked intriguing. We also took advantage of the free corkage on the first bottle and $10 on additional bottles - thanks for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014The food is superb. Very Napa chic. The scallops were out of this world and the prices are very reasonable. Needless to say, the wine was also superb. The waiter was gracious in sitting us at a different table and all the staff were friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place for lunch with friends.maggieDined on 11/18/2014First Crab Louis of the season, excellent. Love their alternative drinks we chose a cava cocktail that was just perfedt for lunch. Waitress was terrrific, hope to return many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent.dcfanDined on 11/15/2014Nice place. Good food, nice wine list, and a crab bisque that was fantastic. We were seated promptly and our waiter was a really nice guy. The only glitch was that we waited 50 minutes between our soup and our entree'. I had told the waiter when he took our order that we needed to be at a show so our time was limited, but reasonable. As a result, we had to rush through the meal to make it to the show on time. I undersand that the Napa Valley Film Festival was in town, whcih may have been the reson. Because of the food, I'd go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just needs to dial it in a bit...TallwinechefVIPDined on 11/14/2014Overall dinner was good, with just a few tweaks in need of implementation. My friend and I shared 5 plates, an app, a salad, two entrees (including the special), and a dessert. Love the 1st bottle, free corkage! 1) Bring cold side plates for the salads... 2) Bring the warm (fresh from the dish washer) plates for hot foods... 3) Scallops were seared way too hard, nearly burnt... Hated that given they were high quality. 4) Beet salad was good, but flavors became jumbled with all the seeds, chickpeas, and "kitchen sink" ingredients... Or did the garde manger cook only use one bowl for all the salads? 5) A few crystals of sea salt to finish would have made the Short Rib special really great. Server was gracious, enthusiastic, and in a rush... Might have been the atmosphere, could of been we were his last table and he was looking to get out on a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014Our waiter seemed like a newby but we got everything we wanted and although portions were smallish, everything was perfectly done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa Valley BistroFumeVIPDined on 11/12/2014Very good dinner! The Ahi Tuna appetizer was good while the Mac & Cheese was very good. Crispy Fried Chicken was very good also. Our server was very friendly and attentive. The rest of the staff was as well. Quiet evening in the restaurant which was nice after a long day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisyJcmeterVIPDined on 11/8/2014Food has slipped;only average now. Very noisy in main room, uncomfortably so.
- Love!LesIsmoreDined on 11/8/2014This has become one of my favorite restaurants. The food never disappoints, the staff is awesome and the prices won't break the bank. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The chef is a food artistOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 11/8/2014Our lunch entrees were a work of art. Worthy of a photo. The taste was great. The bay shrimp was a bit salty. (I wouldn't even offer it. Grilled shrimp would be a better salad add-on.) The decor could use a little updating. Other than that, this place was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time as good as the firstWineladyDined on 11/7/2014We love this place. So friendly. They remembered us from a month ago. The Kamba burger was awesome. I'll definitely order it again. Scallops and risotto were great. Hanger steak was OK but not great. A bit chewy but hold flavor. Pest sweet potato fries in town. Thanks to Laurie our waitress.Special Features:
- Great Brunch at Napa Valley BistronapavalleynativeVIPDined on 11/2/2014Had a wonderful meal with a group of 6 - highly recommend the Eggs Benedict, Fish and Chips and the Fried Chicken is amazing - wonderful service and terrific food - thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningFoodieGODined on 11/1/2014I was trying to get reservations at another restaurant that was booked. I found Napa Valley Bistro on Open Table instead and we really enjoyed it. The space felt open, yet intimate. The food is very reasonably priced and there is no corkage fee for the first bottle of wine you bring- a really nice touch. My husband and I split the sea bass cake appetizer. It was a tad runny but the flavors were great. We had the chop salad -next time we would order the Ceasar - it looked delicious on the table next to us. My BF had the pork chop- it was the last one they had and our waiter made sure to notify the kitchen. It was delicious- perfectly cooked. I had the mushroom herb risotto. Excellent. I can't wait to go back and try brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014Excellent food and really caters to locals! We'll be back again.Special Features:
- Very niceAlikdjDined on 10/30/2014This is an unexpected find, as it's located adjacent to a bunch of shops (in a storefront setting --thus the 3 stars for ambiance). The tuna appetizer was excellent and the no corkage fee for the first bottle is great. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive service.LisaPDined on 10/30/2014Went here for the first time a few nights ago. Wait staff was very welcoming and attentive. We appreciated the waved corkage policy for the first bottle of wine. Had calamari to start…very generous portion, and tasty. Husband had the lamb shank special, and though tender it wasn't quite as flavorful as he'd hoped. Nothing wrong, just a little bland. I had scallops with vegetable ragout. Very tasty…especially the ragout, although the scallops were only lukewarm. We'll certainly give it another try.Special Features:
- NeighborsArchsgalVIPDined on 10/30/2014Ambiance subdued mostly locals; decor minimal The food best described as home cooking, simple but tasty. The service was attentive and quick but not overbearingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunchCook4meDined on 10/29/2014Nice lunch with old friend -- but too noisy to talk much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BucksterVIPDined on 10/25/2014Extremely well thought out menu and wine list. There is something for everyone. This great spot specifically wants to attract Napa locals and I think they nailed it! I can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotjskenndyDined on 10/25/2014We drove into Napa without lunch plans. Tried one or two popular places by phone, but they were booked. So we tried our OpenTable app, for something nearby. This was 2 min away and had very good reviews. Though the locale made us worry a bit as we were driving there, the place lived up to its good Opentable reviews. I had the tuna which was a delicious combination of flavor and texture.Special Features:
- Romantic diningSusieQDined on 10/22/2014Dined here with my wife on an October Wednesday evening. Being a little off the beaten track, we found it less hectic and more relaxing than many NAPA competitors. The pork chop was superb, perhaps the best I've ever had. The prime rib was good, but not exceptional. The service was attentive, but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food DowntownSjhwVIPDined on 10/21/2014I've eaten lunch here several times, and the food is consistently good. It's a bit salty for my dietary restrictions, so I have to order carefully, but I've always left satisfied. My varied dining partners love the chopped salad and the hamburger. The service is consistently good, prices are reasonable, and the ambience is calm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood Find!FlowerDined on 10/19/2014We arrived with a reservation and had to wait about 15 minutes. We were given a large appetizer of calamari on the house at the bar. It was delicious and a bit different with some breaded red bell pepper mixed with the calamari. The barman was very friendly while we inhaled the complimentary food. Our table ordered the chopped salad, tortilla soup and halibut - all so wonderfully prepared with great textures and freshness. The blue corn tortilla crusted halibut on a bed of fresh succotash was one of the best fishes we could remember having. Sooo very good and reasonable prices and friendly service. A casual spot, pleasant enough visually (could use an artists touch) and great feel. We will be back and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Picked the Napa Valley Bistro for a dinner with friends (party of 4) based partly on previous Open Table reviews. Although our table was not ready at our 715p Open Table reservation time, our friends were a little late so it was not a big deal. The restaurant does not have much in the way of a lobby/waiting area however, so an extended wait with a larger group may have been problematic. The staff was friendly and prompt in serving us. The wine list is not huge, but has excellent variety and everyone in our party was happy with their selection. The food was excellent. The potato & leek gratin served with my perfectly cooked pork chop was cold, but maitre'd Emily quickly ordered me a hot replacement without any fuss.Special Features:
- I love you first visit hereWineladyDined on 10/18/2014It was our first time here after many friends recommended it. We are new to Napa and we had 6 in our party. We has a great table in the center of it all. If you like quiet, this would not be for you but we loves it. Our server was excellent!! Food was great, especially the lamb shank special, the pork chop and the sweet potato fries. Love their BYOB wine policy - first bottle free, then $10. This is one of our new favorite restaurants. We will be back.Special Features:
- Nice but noisyNewNapanVIPDined on 10/17/2014The pork chop is a real winner. Service was good But the fish cakes were a tad overdone. Far from inedible but it took the shine off the experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for lunchredcar13Dined on 10/16/2014I met a friend for lunch on a Thursday. It was not at all crowded. Nice atmosphere. White table clothes, casual elegance. Some sidewalk tables, but we dined indoors. We had a chopped Bistro salad which was not surprising (too much dressi g for my taste) and the fish tacos which were delicious except that the fish was battered and deep fried. The tortillas were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!WombatTreeDined on 10/15/2014This restaurant was a delight and our waitress Laurie was lovely, she was so attentive and friendly. The food was stunning with a choice of soups, salads, burgers and the delicious fish and chips...oh and do try the fantastic crumble! The prices were also really reasonable and the quality of food faultless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd go backdakbenDined on 10/11/2014Delicious food. Easy to secure a reservation. No full bar, and a mediocre wine list, but the free corkage on the first bottle is a bargain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat in Napa!MomdobbyDined on 10/11/2014Great food and service, will definitely return. The Spicey Cajun Shrimp appetizer was amazing. Not being real hungry, we decided on salads with added blackened chicken. Very tasty and a satisfying portion. We plan to attend their Winemakers Dinner tonight.Special Features:
- Couldn't give it 4 starsTerriBVIPDined on 10/11/2014As a local, I thoroughly enjoy the food here....it's never disappointed. Their service however was very disappointing this last time. Ordered a bottle of white wine and it did not arrive for 30 minutes (we had already finished our appetizers). When it arrived, it was not chilled and needed to be iced. By the time the server returned to open it we were being served our main course. We returned the wine unopened as we enjoy sipping on our wine before and during our meal, not at the end. The server was very nice, but basically they were understaffed and they were busy. It was a Saturday mid afternoon during season.....they should've been better staffed.
- Pleases on all levelsWhynapaVIPDined on 10/8/2014This is our go to favorite locals Napa Restaurant. Everything is fabulous!Special Features:
- Good for localsOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/5/2014Very fresh and tasty dishes. The beet salad was great. Had the lamb burger as well which did not disappoint. I would go back for sure. Reasonable pricing, free corkage and a nice environment makes this a good place for locals to drop in for a bite to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Reasonable PricesPhxArtDined on 10/3/2014It was a great restaurant for enjoying friends' company along with great food. Wide selection of food options, excellent service.Special Features:
- Very Good ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014The food here is nicely presented and we especially love their salads and appetizers. Our favorites are the roasted beet salad, chopped salad, and the vegetable spring rolls with asparagus and mint. Everything has a fresh quality. Service is always friendly. It can get quite loud when busy, but an outside table provides easier conversation when the weather is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to goPedroHDined on 10/1/2014All my courses were very good, but my wife's risotto was below the avarege. Maybe it was an unlucky choice. The service was very good also, the waiter was very kind and responsive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!sharonVIPDined on 9/30/2014We dined twice at Napa Valley Bistro while on vacation in Napa. We were a group of 8 and the restaurant met all the various tastes/needs of the whole group. Our first visit was fabulous! Five stars across the board. So good we made a reservation for another night. The second visit did not live up to the first but for 8 out of 9 of us that night the food was great. Service was spotty the second visit; fill up on waters, mix up on a dinner and delayed resolution. Had the the second visit been a bit better this restaurant would have deserved five stars across the board.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Napa Valley Bistro was recommended to us by a local & it lived up to what we were told. Beautiful fresh food, great service. We arrived earlier than our reservation time so had to wait for a bit at the bar but we were given drinks & we really didn't have to wait long. The place was packed & we could see why as the food was excellent.Special Features:
- AwesomeUSDLDined on 9/27/2014Filet was cooked perfectly, fish and chips were the best. We topped off the dinner with the apple, pear, cranberry crisp topped with a premium ice cream. Out of the four places we dined in Napa on our vacation, the bistro had the best service.Special Features: