Napa Valley Bistro
975 Clinton Street
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Napa Valley Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.napavalleybistro.net/
- Phone: 7076662383x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tue-Sa 11:30am-5:00pm
Brunch: Sun 10:00am-2:00pm
Dinner: Tue-Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: Fri-Sat 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: Sun 2:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Bernardo Ayala
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Between your vision and our Chef"s culinary creativity, we can help make your event a tasty one. Please call us for details about our catering options.
- Entertainment: Join us every Tuesday through Friday from 3:00-6:00 for Happy Hour at our bar. Enjoy small plates and drink specials with your friends and co-workers!
- Special Events: We feature a neighboring winery for dinner every second Tuesday of the month. Whether it is a four course meal with wine pairings or a special entrée paired with a specific glass of wine, we invite you to indulge with us and experience all that Napa Valley has to offer!
A word from Napa Valley Bistro
At Napa Valley Bistro we strive to meet your needs by offering great food and service while promoting our basic beliefs: local, sustainable, organic...Continued
AND AFFORDABLE! Our food is elevated bistro-style American cuisine, and our wine list compliments our menu by focusing on Napa Valley vintners.
AND AFFORDABLE! Our food is elevated bistro-style American cuisine, and our wine list compliments our menu by focusing on Napa Valley vintners.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Napa Valley Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (84)fit for foodies (71)great for lunch (41)special occasion (33)good for groups (28)romantic (24)notable wine list (18)great for brunch (17)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Great Neighborhood Find!FlowerDined on 10/19/2014We arrived with a reservation and had to wait about 15 minutes. We were given a large appetizer of calamari on the house at the bar. It was delicious and a bit different with some breaded red bell pepper mixed with the calamari. The barman was very friendly while we inhaled the complimentary food. Our table ordered the chopped salad, tortilla soup and halibut - all so wonderfully prepared with great textures and freshness. The blue corn tortilla crusted halibut on a bed of fresh succotash was one of the best fishes we could remember having. Sooo very good and reasonable prices and friendly service. A casual spot, pleasant enough visually (could use an artists touch) and great feel. We will be back and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Picked the Napa Valley Bistro for a dinner with friends (party of 4) based partly on previous Open Table reviews. Although our table was not ready at our 715p Open Table reservation time, our friends were a little late so it was not a big deal. The restaurant does not have much in the way of a lobby/waiting area however, so an extended wait with a larger group may have been problematic. The staff was friendly and prompt in serving us. The wine list is not huge, but has excellent variety and everyone in our party was happy with their selection. The food was excellent. The potato & leek gratin served with my perfectly cooked pork chop was cold, but maitre'd Emily quickly ordered me a hot replacement without any fuss.Special Features:
- I love you first visit hereWineladyDined on 10/18/2014It was our first time here after many friends recommended it. We are new to Napa and we had 6 in our party. We has a great table in the center of it all. If you like quiet, this would not be for you but we loves it. Our server was excellent!! Food was great, especially the lamb shank special, the pork chop and the sweet potato fries. Love their BYOB wine policy - first bottle free, then $10. This is one of our new favorite restaurants. We will be back.Special Features:
- Nice but noisyNewNapanVIPDined on 10/17/2014The pork chop is a real winner. Service was good But the fish cakes were a tad overdone. Far from inedible but it took the shine off the experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for lunchredcar13Dined on 10/16/2014I met a friend for lunch on a Thursday. It was not at all crowded. Nice atmosphere. White table clothes, casual elegance. Some sidewalk tables, but we dined indoors. We had a chopped Bistro salad which was not surprising (too much dressi g for my taste) and the fish tacos which were delicious except that the fish was battered and deep fried. The tortillas were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd go backdakbenDined on 10/11/2014Delicious food. Easy to secure a reservation. No full bar, and a mediocre wine list, but the free corkage on the first bottle is a bargain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat in Napa!MomdobbyDined on 10/11/2014Great food and service, will definitely return. The Spicey Cajun Shrimp appetizer was amazing. Not being real hungry, we decided on salads with added blackened chicken. Very tasty and a satisfying portion. We plan to attend their Winemakers Dinner tonight.Special Features:
- Couldn't give it 4 starsTerriBVIPDined on 10/11/2014As a local, I thoroughly enjoy the food here....it's never disappointed. Their service however was very disappointing this last time. Ordered a bottle of white wine and it did not arrive for 30 minutes (we had already finished our appetizers). When it arrived, it was not chilled and needed to be iced. By the time the server returned to open it we were being served our main course. We returned the wine unopened as we enjoy sipping on our wine before and during our meal, not at the end. The server was very nice, but basically they were understaffed and they were busy. It was a Saturday mid afternoon during season.....they should've been better staffed.
- Pleases on all levelsWhynapaVIPDined on 10/8/2014This is our go to favorite locals Napa Restaurant. Everything is fabulous!Special Features:
- Good for localsOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/5/2014Very fresh and tasty dishes. The beet salad was great. Had the lamb burger as well which did not disappoint. I would go back for sure. Reasonable pricing, free corkage and a nice environment makes this a good place for locals to drop in for a bite to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Reasonable PricesPhxArtDined on 10/3/2014It was a great restaurant for enjoying friends' company along with great food. Wide selection of food options, excellent service.Special Features:
- Very Good ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014The food here is nicely presented and we especially love their salads and appetizers. Our favorites are the roasted beet salad, chopped salad, and the vegetable spring rolls with asparagus and mint. Everything has a fresh quality. Service is always friendly. It can get quite loud when busy, but an outside table provides easier conversation when the weather is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to goPedroHDined on 10/1/2014All my courses were very good, but my wife's risotto was below the avarege. Maybe it was an unlucky choice. The service was very good also, the waiter was very kind and responsive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!sharonDined on 9/30/2014We dined twice at Napa Valley Bistro while on vacation in Napa. We were a group of 8 and the restaurant met all the various tastes/needs of the whole group. Our first visit was fabulous! Five stars across the board. So good we made a reservation for another night. The second visit did not live up to the first but for 8 out of 9 of us that night the food was great. Service was spotty the second visit; fill up on waters, mix up on a dinner and delayed resolution. Had the the second visit been a bit better this restaurant would have deserved five stars across the board.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Napa Valley Bistro was recommended to us by a local & it lived up to what we were told. Beautiful fresh food, great service. We arrived earlier than our reservation time so had to wait for a bit at the bar but we were given drinks & we really didn't have to wait long. The place was packed & we could see why as the food was excellent.Special Features:
- AwesomeUSDLDined on 9/27/2014Filet was cooked perfectly, fish and chips were the best. We topped off the dinner with the apple, pear, cranberry crisp topped with a premium ice cream. Out of the four places we dined in Napa on our vacation, the bistro had the best service.Special Features:
- lunch in NapabrilldoggyDined on 9/20/2014We ate lunch here on the recommendations on Trip Advisor. The food was great and perfect for lunch. I would definitely return again for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Perfectly fine dinnerAnneVIPDined on 9/18/2014Very nice dinner. Mac and cheese is great and also chicken empanadas. Nice atmosphere, local flavor. Doesn't seem to have anything to make it special except the fact that it is cheap.Special Features:
- Good walking restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014If you're staying in napa valley, this is a great walking distance option. Staff is nice, but food exceeds service. Nothing out of this world but a good casual dinner option overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistantly goodKenGDined on 9/14/2014Another pleasant and delicious dinner at Napa Vally Bistro. Our moderately priced favorite.Special Features:
- Great food and valueGeomercDined on 9/13/2014Went for our 22nd wedding anniversary and were impressed with the quality go the food. Started with a pear and goat cheese salad over arugula with candied walnuts followed by hanger steak cooked to perfection. Our server was fun and very knowledgable. Highly recommend this local gem.Special Features:
- MimosanVIPDined on 9/13/2014Love this place...great for locals, great service, wonderful variety of food, fair pricedSpecial Features:
- Delicious simple fairDiningCharlestonVIPDined on 9/10/2014Made a quick stop on our way through Napa Valley and we're gals we did. My girlfriend and I found top notch service at this quaint cafe with an impressively sized menu. The decorum was comfortable and casual and the food - a couple of house burgers with sweet potato fries - hit the spot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again amazinggadabout47VIPDined on 9/7/2014Great food, fabulous service,a loving atmosphere; what more do you need?Special Features:
- Just flat our excellentDavisfolksVIPDined on 9/6/2014Casual environment with upscale food. Everything we had was wonderful. Like all decent restaurants, great wine selection. Staff was really friendly and service was wonderful. The dessert was not as great as the rest of the food which is the only reason we gave it 4 stars instead of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MFMF280Dined on 9/3/2014WWith so many excellent restaurants in Napa, I would not recommend this one. We were underwhelmed by the food, overwhelmed by the noise and happy to have better dining experiences elsewhere.Special Features:
- Just a few vegetarian options...Joan88Dined on 9/2/2014The vegetarian spring roll is very lovely...filled with fresh veggies and very tasty. The veggie burger was large and overflowing but rather mushy, actually. Nice lunch spot. The waitress did push desserts on us which we did not want or order. Seemed unnecessary.
- Great foodSpartanDinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014Struggled to find a common theme with the menu, but all the food we had was good. Lamb burger superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plenty & delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Second time at this new Napa restaurant. Very nice variety on the menu, with plenty of options for those who do not eat meat. More than delicious, the appetizers are plenty and big enough to share! Love going there to eat small plates. Very fresh and creative. Just don't order the risotto.Special Features:
- Gracious hospitality and delicious!MariDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is above many others. We are treated as very welcome friends. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinners and the excellent service. It is consistently our first choice in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around ExcellenceEatoutDined on 8/30/2014We thoroughly enjoyed an anniversary dinner at the Bistro with amazing food, excellent service and an outstanding bottle of wine. I would highly recommend visiting the Bistro on your next visit to Napa. I know for certain that we will return during our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Bad!SuzyQ517Dined on 8/29/2014We had a nice dinner here on a busy Friday night. Definitely recommend reservations as it is a small place! The wine list is small, but lots of great, moderate choices. Had we known there was no corkage fee we would have picked up something on the way! The chopped salad was good, fresh and HUGE. The Asian chicken salad was better (a bit salty but great flavor!). The restaurant itself was hot and muggy, but it was a hot day so what can you do!? The service was OK, we had a significant wait to order wine and put in our food order but after that it was pretty good! We were not rushed out when we finished dinner but not our wine, which is always nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service & prices!DaveInSFDined on 8/29/2014We dined here for the 3rd time right after their post-earthquake reopening, and had a great time. Food & service were outstanding. The wine list is a bit limited, but bring your own; corkage is only $10. The "small" plates are quite substantial, so they can be used as a main course, making for an extremely reasonably priced dinner. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Supporting Lcoal NapaCyberCanvasDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant was bustling with post-quake diners. Many came out to downtown Napa to support own local businesses. We dined in bar area and it was perfect table for four. The hostess was friendly and our waitress/bartender was energetic and attentive. The food was amazing and plentiful. If you are looking for a great pork chop, ribs or fish and chips, you cannot go wrong. A must for a night out.Special Features:
- Great Food & LocationTimmerDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant is located right in downtown Napa in a completely rebuilt building. The ambiance was very nice. The food was delicious. The service was a little slow, but the poor kid was being worked to death. He was trying to wait all of the tables. He was doing the best he could. But we weren't in a rush so it was fine. Would totally recommend stopping in as the prices were very reasonable and again, food was great.Special Features:
- Noisy partyHawkman50VIPDined on 8/27/2014We enjoyed the restaurant and the food was quite good. The special fig salad was disappointing because it was somehow lacking in distinct flavor which seems unusual for a fig salad. My prime rib was very tasty and correctly prepared with a generous portion. One person in our party had the fried chicken and liked it. Another had the hanger steak and liked that too. There is a wide variety of menu options and very reasonable pricing for Napa. We were seated next to a large party of 16 or more that was noisy and distracting. Since we were early diners the wait staff could have put us at a more reasonable table. Somewhat our fault because we could have requested a different table. But we sat down first and had no idea what was in store.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good. Would try again.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Great atmosphere, great service and our waitress was attentive. We ordered the ceviche and it was excellent. For an entree, I ordered the chop which was a bit dry for such a thick piece of pork. My wife ordered fried chicken which was a bit soggy. Overall the experience was good. I would eat there again and try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prices, good food.RosaLuvsWineDined on 8/20/2014Best couple things about this spot: variety in the menu and the price. It's very reasonable and the food is good. Service was great. The Cajun shrimp were off the hook, the flank steak and prime rib were delicious and overall all of the good ranges from good to great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/16/2014Good experience, as usual food was excellent, service a bit erratic.
- Always a pleasureBlackrattusVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great service and extremely well prepared and savory food make NVB always a wise choice. The empanada appetizer is out of this world and the salad special, a watermelon and heirloom tomato with a balsamic drizzle was outstanding! Great corkage policy (1st is free, 2nd is $10!)!Special Features: