Napa Valley Bistro
975 Clinton Street
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Napa Valley Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.napavalleybistro.net/
- Phone: 7076662383x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tue-Sa 11:30am-5:00pm
Brunch: Sun 10:00am-2:00pm
Dinner: Tue-Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: Fri-Sat 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: Sun 2:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Bernardo Ayala
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Between your vision and our Chef"s culinary creativity, we can help make your event a tasty one. Please call us for details about our catering options.
- Entertainment: Join us every Tuesday through Friday from 3:00-6:00 for Happy Hour at our bar. Enjoy small plates and drink specials with your friends and co-workers!
- Special Events: We feature a neighboring winery for dinner every second Tuesday of the month. Whether it is a four course meal with wine pairings or a special entrée paired with a specific glass of wine, we invite you to indulge with us and experience all that Napa Valley has to offer!
A word from Napa Valley Bistro
At Napa Valley Bistro we strive to meet your needs by offering great food and service while promoting our basic beliefs: local, sustainable, organic...Continued
AND AFFORDABLE! Our food is elevated bistro-style American cuisine, and our wine list compliments our menu by focusing on Napa Valley vintners.
AND AFFORDABLE! Our food is elevated bistro-style American cuisine, and our wine list compliments our menu by focusing on Napa Valley vintners.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Napa Valley Bistro - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Napa Valley Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (71)fit for foodies (67)great for lunch (43)good for groups (39)special occasion (36)notable wine list (23)great for brunch (21)romantic (20)kid-friendly (16)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/16/2014Good experience, as usual food was excellent, service a bit erratic.
- Delightful dinnerHeidiDined on 8/14/2014Casual and friendly,excellent server who gave great advice. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- A Great New Find!TravelgurudanvilleVIPDined on 8/13/2014Tonight we wanted really good food without all of the hype and fuss of the notable restaurants. The enthusiastic owner greeted us. My husband decided on the pork chop. Huge, perfectly prepared chop with grilled peaches. I had the tortilla crusted halibut that was perfectly cooked and served with a very fresh succotash. We started our dinner sharing a very generous beet and arugula salad. The prices are extremely fair, the plates beautifully presented, the portions generous and the wait staff great. The wine list is good with many of the offerings under $45. On the evening we were there, a sign in front of the restaurant said "no corkage fee". Doesn't get better than that. A total and very happy conclusion to a great day in the Valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindKenGDined on 8/3/2014As locals we are always on the lookout for good reasonably priced restaurants. Glad we found this one. A bit off the beaten track but well worth the effort to find it.Special Features:
- enjoyable experienceanickyDined on 8/2/2014We went for our anniversary and had a great experience. The staff was so friendly and accommodating, gave great suggestions, and know the menu. The food came out quickly and was unbelievabley amazing. He had the lamb burger and I the pork chops, we shared the halibut and shrimp ceviche and the fudge cake for dessert. We will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service GreatcomfortjunkieDined on 8/1/2014Food as always, excellent. Service too. Gets noisy @ dinner, even though we came early. Always an enjoyable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must try this placeajskinnerDined on 7/30/2014You are met at the door is if you are royalty. The food is great and the owner/chef is someone you want to meet!Special Features:
- Great food and service!BethKDined on 7/29/2014We took a group of six to Napa Valley Bistro on a busy Tuesday night. Even with a reservation, we ended up with an improvised table right in front of the kitchen pass-thru. While we were dubious of this location at first, it gave us a wonderful, ringside seat to watch the action in the kitchen and separated us from the other diners in the main restaurant. The chef actually came out and showed off a round of plates which influenced our orders. Several of us had the bistro chopped veggie salad and we're still taking about how wonderful it was. I could eat a plate of that for a meal and be oh-so-content! Our table ordered the ribs, the pork chop, and several of the nightly specials. Everything was beautifully plated and tasty. Great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this placeTriumphGirlVIPDined on 7/27/2014First time I had been to this restaurant. Went on a Sunday night as a last nice meal before heading home from a 5 day Napa vacation. Food was outstanding - everything prepared wonderfully and quite flavorful. Service was great - our waiter was understanding of our "chatty nature" yet still attentive to our needs. Also liked its not a huge place, and we could have a conversation without being too loud. Would definitely come back!Special Features:
- Napa findBradentonjlDined on 7/26/2014My wife had the Sesame Crusted Ahi Tuna, which was cooked perfectly. We shared a lovely copped salad. I had the Bistro Burger, which was dressed nicely but slightly overcooked.Special Features:
- good againdortsVIPDined on 7/26/2014We went on Saturday...it was busy, but no problems being taken care of. Lots of staff, checking on us throughout our dinner. The manager Jennifer came over to us many times checking on how we were doing. So nice to see how well the staff and manager work together. Food was excellent, fig and blue cheese flat bread is a favorite. My husband had the special steak and I had the halibut. Excellent! We really like this place...I hope we all keep it a secret! sh sh ;-)Special Features:
- A Great Local Find!vdoggDined on 7/25/2014I had the ribs that were nice and tender, the taste was amazing. Also the sweet potato fries and coldsaw it was served with was excellent. My husband had the salmon special that he really love. We had great service , the wait staff were very friendly, we never had to ask for our water to be refilled. This was a great find, I will be coming back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/20/2014Wait person didn't tell us all the specials. Never followed up with us after the food was served. Had the wrong hollandaise sauce on our overdone eggs benedict. Bell peppers are seemingly on everything
- Loved main courseBusterDined on 7/18/2014Main course was excellent. Service fair. Desserts ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceajskinnerDined on 7/15/2014From the front door to the table, you feel welcomed! Bernardo Ayala, the chef, came to our table and described the halibut dish. We both decided to order it and it was a great meal. Will refer all of my friends and family. Great for lunch and dinner!Special Features:
- LikesnapaLikesnapaVIPDined on 7/13/2014Excellent service , my first time here. My friend said she always gets the ribs so I joined her in this choice. They were delicious, fall off the bone, an ample portion. Came with delicious sweet potato fries. Caesar salad was very good, just the right sized portion. Would return to try other itemsSpecial Features:
- Great placenapafoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Great place, great food, great service -- what else you do want. Love this restaurant! Jennifer the host is the best!!Special Features:
- Never Disapoints!NapanVIPDined on 7/12/2014Although we were sad to see Neela's Indian Food close 18 mos. ago, Napa Valley Bistro has taken dining in that space to new levels of perfection. From the sincere greeting at the door by general manager Jennifer, to remembering regular diners preferences, to outstanding waitpersons, to creative culinary delights overseen personnally by Chef Bernardo from his post just outside the kitchen, this is one of Napa's truly great restaurants! The special salad with its perfectly ripe watermelon started the meal which was completed with an outstanding grilled shrimp/scallop on basil mashed potatoes entree. Delicious! Despite his home country's recent demoralizing loss in the world cup, our waiter, Marcelo provided great service.Special Features:
- Many choices at neighborhood gemFrancesNapaVIPDined on 7/12/2014Napa Valley Bistro has continued to improve its offerings, setting, and service since it first opened. We were all very happy with our selections from Beet Salad (delicious) to Lamb Burger, Hamburger, Fried Chicken (a little too bready), Ahi Tuna (modest portion size) and nightly special of seafood medley. The calamari was only average - lacked taste and did not compare to crispy versions we have had a Celadon and other places. The service was very good, though we did have to ask for bread. Wine by the glass list is good, but does not offer many selections. Overall, it was a lovely evening and very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- ExcellentDawnDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed the food and the service, I will be taking my out of town friends here!Special Features:
- Great place to dine in NapasugoionnaDined on 7/12/2014We came for my partner's 29th Birthday and had a great experience. We came at an off time, around 4:00PM and we had basically the whole place to ourselves. The service was quick and really awesome. The server gave us suggestions on things to do after we left the restaurant. We really enjoyed our food! We ordered the pork belly, chicken empanadas, the bistro burger, hangar steak and summer pasta. Everything was delicious but especially the pork belly. There was a small issue with the pasta, I asked for chicken and didn't get any but they quickly remedied the situation. All and all a great experience.Special Features:
- Great find in Napa Valley...BdaybistrosinnerDined on 7/11/2014Excellent citrus risotto and wonderful heirloom tomato salad...my husband loved the lamb chops....Yum-moSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa valley bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/10/2014It was a little difficult to find but worth it. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. We had an appetizer, two mains, dessert and brought our own wine. The bill was extremely reasonable especially for the quality of food and service. I highly recommend you try this restaurant before you can't get in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine List AffordableQ1NTQ10Dined on 7/9/2014I met a colleague for an early dinner. As I reviewed the wine list I noticed two things; All wines were from Napa and all were affordable. The Pinot Noir from Carneros was very nice. I had a roasted beet salad and the Lamb Burger. I finished off with a blueberry and peach compote. The salad was good and I enjoyed the burger. The compote was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late LunchDiningOutDined on 7/5/2014On a Saturday afternoon - really, really good. Empanadas - I could eat 20 of these. Pear fig flatbread - delicious. Everything was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not GreatReviewerOnTheRunDined on 7/4/2014Intimate dining atmosphere, very busy by 6:30 PM, attentive wait staff, and lovely food presentation. Nice for couples/pairs, small groups (six or under). Food was good, not great. Husband and I both had salmon. I specifically asked for well done, which it was. His was undercooked. Attire appeared 'smart/casual' on a holiday weekend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasteless and slowsergeVIPDined on 7/3/2014Menu and room are appealing. Everything we ordered was tasteless. Salads, veg roll, fish and chips....which looked OK and was crispy outside but near raw inside. After the entrees were brought we were completely ignored. Finally a busboy cleared the table. Had to ask him for the check. We waited another 12-15 minutes to process the payment. Inexcusable.
- welcome returnVintagedinerVIPDined on 7/3/2014We were welcomed warmly for our rerurn visit. The staff was most accomodating of our needs. A very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Nice, casual dinnerHutlzeVIPDined on 7/1/2014Interesting menu from a petit filet to crab Louis. Everything was quite good in this intimate space. Service was a bit slow (waiter even mentioned it and apologized). Fig and cheese flatbread made the dinner truly worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Food, service and ambience were all top notch. Been to quite a few places in Napa and this is now one of our top three "go back to's".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's not to loveGot2floDined on 6/28/2014Sincerely friendly down to earth staff & chef & chef's wife. Everything we had on the appetizer menu was soooo good (Calamari, sea bass, empanadas, pork belly, shrimp). Highly recommend & can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy and noisyCinhartDined on 6/27/2014Waited awhile to be noticed. Our waiter finally came and apologized because he had two large tables that had delayed him. It's awkward to be sitting wondering if someone is going to come and at least give you water. My back was to the room so I asked my companion what was happening because it was so incredibly loud we were shouting at one another. What can you do when people are having fun(8 or more people) all we wanted was for them to leave. They left when we were half way through our dinner and we were grateful. Our waiter became more attentive and our food was good.
- Unique foodKbu739Dined on 6/24/2014Unique choice of foods, things not seen on standard lunch menus. Clean crisp and sunny interior.Special Features:
- JudyKayDined on 6/21/2014Really good value. The food is great and their practice of allowing the first bottle of wine free of a corkage fee is a really big draw. The restaurant is eally highly thought of in the Napa community. Hopefully, the hotels and visitors bureau are talking up this restaurant to visitors as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2014Great menu executed with skill. A true local(s) restaurant. Love the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu, Wonderful FoodnapavalleynativeDined on 6/21/2014It's really nice to find a place where locals are valued - the menu is diverse and offers something for everyone, food is excellent and service is wonderful - highly recommend! Try the Happy Hour in the bar too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food good, could not converseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Noise level overrode the dining experience. That was a bit disappointing.
- AmazingLocalDined on 6/20/2014This was our first time here and will be our place forever. Loved everything about it. Great ambiance, wonderful chef, incredible waitress, and excellent customer service. We are so happy we have found this place. Thank you for making our experience so great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnevenHawkman50VIPDined on 6/12/2014Our waiter forgot my entre which colors this whole review. He wrote some things down and even said my order out loud it never happened. I said we would share a large caesar salad and I would have the pork chop. Our "shared" salad came out at the same time as my wife's entre with no second plate for the share. The food itself was pretty good. We had some excellent empanadas for an appetizer. "Our" caesar salad was plenty big enough to share but very unremarkable without a good anchovy tang. My pork chop, which eventually did arrive, was quite good and my wife had the braised short ribs which was excellent. We will probably give them a second chance but it will be a while before we go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner spotJRBocaVIPDined on 6/1/2014Small menu, but well done and unique. Worth a look when in Napa.Special Features: